Bears getting killed by the replacement refs tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bears getting killed by the replacement refs tonight

First GB wins a 12 man on the field challenge even though it was clear on the replay that the Bears player made it off the field on 3rd down. That continued a drive which lead to the first and so far only score of the night a FG.

Then the Bears are finally starting to get a drive going and A.J. Hawk has a late cheap shot on Camiri and Camiri pushes Hawk away. It should have been a double personal foul cancelling each other out but they only call it on Camiri which kills the Bears drive. 

We might be seeing the first game the replacement refs could actually cost a game and it's with two playoff teams

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Bears getting killed by the replacement refs tonight

They also had a pass interference that didn't get called and Carimi didn't push Hawk that hard anyway. The refs are horrible

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Well Rodgers is getting killed by Peppers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

this should go back to the Bears. It's clear Williams didn't have control when the ball hit the ground but lets see. Clearly GB's game has picked up and become more aggrsive after those initial blown calls

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Anyone who thought the replacement refs were doing a good job, this game has killed the bears. The refs have scored more points for GB then GB has

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

GB being the refs favorite?

Hows that any different than with the regular refs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

because they are blowing extremely basic calls, and not just basic calls but replays of basic calls

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

this should go back to the Bears. It's clear Williams didn't have control when the ball hit the ground but lets see. Clearly GB's game has picked up and become more aggrsive after those initial blown calls

I agree but refs didn't :P

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

definately seems like the all the calls going one way...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Maybe if we complain enough Dottie will ban them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Bears don't need the refs to kill them. They're doing it to themselves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Cutler never plays well under the lights. It has something to do with his eyesight and diabetes from what I remember

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I never understood all the hype around Cutler.  I never thought he was a top level QB, maybe mid level but there are plenty of others I would take over Cutler. He's not getting any help from the line or receivers but still, if he did I doubt he could lead the Bears to victory over the Packers.  Even the bad d the Packers have.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

nonsense. getting beat by a better team and best qb in the nfl

``````````````````````

Some of the luster is wearing off on that label in his last 3 games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to JintsFan's comment:

nonsense. getting beat by a better team and best qb in the nfl

``````````````````````

Some of the luster is wearing off on that label in his last 3 games.

Lol ESPN doesn't think so...so I guess its true...lol...They're the BEST team in the league with the BEST QB in the league and it's no even close....so they say!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I agree but refs didn't :P

I disagree with you both. Replay footage was inconclusive. The Pats could beat both of these teams. As bad as many of us think that the Pats' LT situation is with Nate Solder, the Packers and Bears LT situations are far worse. Though I've been very critical of Solder, I'm confident that he'll improve as the season wears on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Amen, brother...LOL!!! Perhaps the refs have been intimidated by Rodgers. Rodgers has previously whined about the refs not calling those ticky-tac illegal contact penalties, that the finesse Packers love so much:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/13/rodgers-says-illegal-contact-rule-isnt-being-enforced-the-right-way/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

2 plays and the refs are doing horrible?

Do people misremember the "other" refs as being infallible? They weren't. FAR from it in fact. I said it before, I'll KEEP saying it; I hope they continue to let the DBs have some contact. The league has gone WAY too far handcuffing these guys and I'm glad the replacements are letting that go more.

This is only getting talked about AT ALL because people are going to focus on and nitpick any and all questionable calls, just looking and WAITING for these guys to do something. Go watch ANY game from last year, and you'll find comparable mistakes. It's absurd to keep looking for cracks with these guys. I'll forever point to Hochuli in 08, with Cutler, blowing an OBVIOUS funble, and ruling it incomplete. Giving the Bears the win. And he'
    s supposedly one of the best.

Re-LAX. I far prefer these guys, I'm getting real tired of hearing how the refs don't want to give up anything, but want to be given more. Forget them, they've become entitled and think they are bigger than the game. Bye bye chumps, these refs will do fine. If you really want a good comparison, let's go back and look at Hochuli's first 4-6 games and see how atrocious he was then. Keep some persepctive people, the refs helped create this as much as the league, and now want all the sympathy. Pathetic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

2 plays and the refs are doing horrible?

Do people misremember the "other" refs as being infallible? They weren't. FAR from it in fact. I said it before, I'll KEEP saying it; I hope they continue to let the DBs have some contact. The league has gone WAY too far handcuffing these guys and I'm glad the replacements are letting that go more.

This is only getting talked about AT ALL because people are going to focus on and nitpick any and all questionable calls, just looking and WAITING for these guys to do something. Go watch ANY game from last year, and you'll find comparable mistakes. It's absurd to keep looking for cracks with these guys. I'll forever point to Hochuli in 08, with Cutler, blowing an OBVIOUS funble, and ruling it incomplete. Giving the Bears the win. And he'
    s supposedly one of the best.

Re-LAX. I far prefer these guys, I'm getting real tired of hearing how the refs don't want to give up anything, but want to be given more. Forget them, they've become entitled and think they are bigger than the game. Bye bye chumps, these refs will do fine. If you really want a good comparison, let's go back and look at Hochuli's first 4-6 games and see how atrocious he was then. Keep some persepctive people, the refs helped create this as much as the league, and now want all the sympathy. Pathetic.

I too like the fact that they are letting the dbs play. However, my concern is that they wont be consistent about it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Come one guys, were aren't talking if the Pats could beat either team, or how bad Cutler is, or how Chi is barfing on themselves. This thread was looking at the refs missing absolutely horrible calls that the normal refs wouldn't have missed. These were some real issues and they happened so early in the game that yes it did change the course and flow of the game completely.

Up until that completely blown 12 man penalty GB couldn't move the ball. That drive would have ended right there because it was 3rd down. The line refs actually got it right the first time before GB had it reviewed. Now watching the replay you could see (the announcers pointed this out multiple times) that the guy was off the field and in the air on the sidelines before the ball was snapped. How can you overturn that when you can see only white under the guy before the ball is snapped? That lead to the first points of the game which started getting the drive going

On the next drive the Bears where moving and moving well. They had confidence and were making plays. That personal foul penalty killed that drive, but not only killed the drive but the confidence in the Bears. You could see after that drive the Bears started to have major issues and they were pressing to hard because they not only had to beat GB they also had to beat the refs. They showed 1 replay where two refs watched Hawk deliver a late hit with his helmet and still only called 1 personal foul.

Those two calls alone changed that game and the old refs would have never gotten those calls wrong. This was most definitly 1 game where the refs were making calls based on fan reaction and not by what happened on the field.

That int though there was a lot of grey room. I liked they called it an int because it gave them a chance to review it but as he's going to the ground you can see a couple of inches of air not only between the ball and his chest but between the ball and his hands. You can't have control of the ball if you're not actually touching the ball. Then the nose of the ball hit the ground when you could still see air between his hands and the ball. No matter what you say about the old refs but they were very good at seeing those things, esp when given a second chance on replay.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I agree with Eng.  The biggest problem isn't so much the mistakes (although that's a problem too), but it's the inconsistency of the calls and a tendency, I think, for some of these refs to be influenced by the crowd, the players, and the coaches.  Whatever you think about the normal refs and the way they call games, they are far more consistent and they are far less likely to be influenced by the crowd, coaches, and players.  This is not to say that the individuals who are refereeing now couldn't eventually get to be good refs, but they clearly haven't had the practice and training that the regular refs have had.  Experience at the NFL level is valuable and is something you just can't "replace" in a few months.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Nooo Dottie will take their edit function away! But they'll get this real nice strike thru feature in return.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Consistency comes with time.

Saying they missed calls the other refs would have made I can not agree with. I remember, every season, pulling my hair out from time to time because what was JUST called PI a series earlier is let go now. A QB gets facemasked and it's missed, then the other guy gets a fingernail across the helmet and it's 15 yards. Don't talk like the previous refs were so consistent. They WEREN'T. In fact, I saw plenty of evidence of makeup calls going back and forth with the previous group, not so much of that now.

I honestly feel that if people weren't waiting for mistakes to harp on, it wouldn't be such a focal point. EVERY year people talk about refs blowing 'easy' calls. EVERY year a few teams petition the league because of a bad call (and they always get dismissed, no way is the NFL ever going to wind back the clack and replay some part of a game). I have heard and read APOLOGIES from the NFL regarding refereeing of the past, admitting what everyone knew: a call had been blown to cost a game.

I mean, it took all of what, half a quarter to get this thread started? Did the refs lead to Cutler being sacked 7 times and throwing 4 INTs and shoving an OLineman on the sideline? Ther efs didn't impact the outcome of this game either. Remember the Pats/Panthers Super Bowl? How, for about 26 minutes, nobody did ANYTHING, then all of a sudden, about 28 points before the half combined. Sometimes offenses figure it out having nothing to do with the refs. To give a bad call credit for one of the best offenses in the league starting to get going is kind of foolish. Maybe it woke them up, maybe not. Maybe it gave them a little confidence, maybe not. Or maybe, just maybe, MVP Aaron Rodgers and a VERY GOOD offense finally got going after a poor start. And maybe that poor start had to do with #1 WR option Greg Jennings not playing?

Seriously. Give these guys a chance, I've never seen SO MUCH attention paid to a few missed calls. ESPECIALLY this early in the season! It's obnoxious. Imagine if any of us got a job that was similar to what we've done, but in fron of thousands of people and TV cameras, and had everyone breathing down our necks just WAITING for an inevitable mistake to jump all over? Who could work in conditions like that? These guys are doing fine, and the more I see analysts and fans piling on, the more I feel inclined to stick up for them.

Seriously, go watch any old game and watch all the missed and bad calls. Personally, I've enjoyed the PRODUCT, you know, the actuall football being played, every bit as much, if not MORE (thanks to the DBs) than opening Sundays past.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Nooo Dottie will take their edit function away! But they'll get this real nice strike thru feature in return.

I love the strike thru. I mean no one would ever use the strike thru after they made a statement as a sign of change of thought it but wanted to leave the original statement or anything. It was never designed as a means to edit ones thought after it was made

: p

Sections
Shortcuts