Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/09/patriots_will_n_1.html

I think it was APDynasty who said he noticed Albert getting knocked to the ground often in week 1. It stuck in my mind for week 2 and I noticed he was on the ground a lot. Bedard notes 8x in this article.

I really think we need the defensive line to be able to shut down the run and apply pressure with minimal pass rush. This has not happened yet as 2 QBs have thrown for 800 plus yards. Anyway check this out, as I think Bedard hits a home run on this article!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article!

No that actually was me who pointed that out and I got no response.

I mentioned that W.Sapp pointed it out while w/ the Skins.

atleast 3 to 4 times a game an offensive lineman drops him to one knee and he makes no effort to get back up.  There were actually valid reasons for him being critisized in Washington, but here in N.E. once a player gets here, we like to act like his p oop dont stink.

I personally still havent seen what everyone is excited about. I like him if he plays hard, but either his knee or something is wrong, cuz he only plays a handful of snaps, should be fresh and aint doing anything to make me notice him. Can he get better? yes, but right now very unimpressive for a man who cashed a 40 million dollar check 2 years ago.  I gotta work hard for my Bread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a69225992-59b8-45a1-97a2-7204a666ffcc

Here is the thread you mentioned. My post is rigth after AP's. 4th one down..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

You are right Jay...I would also like to see GWarren brought back in and Wright IR'd if he aint' playing. He will help on the inside/outside. I woudl even look to possibly bring back Moore. He seemed to get decent pressure off the edge, better than what we are getting from Anderson. Sure Anderson got a sack, but I think it was in the last 3 mins of the game last week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dont tell Rusty about Haynesworth....if BIll got him here, he can do no wrong.

I see you conveniently didnt adress him getting knocked to the ground way too much for a lineman and not gettin up. Look, it could be his knee, but bottom line he isnt impressive to date, and is not even a starter yet.  Love is starting.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Seems to me you guys just can't enjoy a win without having something to whine about. Bedard is just another Globe hack. They haven't had a good writer since Reiss left.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article!:
    [QUOTE]You are right Jay...I would also like to see GWarren brought back in and Wright IR'd if he aint' playing. He will help on the inside/outside. I woudl even look to possibly bring back Moore. He seemed to get decent pressure off the edge, better than what we are getting from Anderson. Sure Anderson got a sack, but I think it was in the last 3 mins of the game last week.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]
    You mean cut the the guy that had a strip sack recovered by the Pats to seal the win?  2 sacks in 2 games puts him on pace for 16 which would make him an NFL leader by years end.  That's what the masses have been calling for, now they have it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/09/patriots_will_n_1.html I think it was APDynasty who said he noticed Albert getting knocked to the ground often in week 1. It stuck in my mind for week 2 and I noticed he was on the ground a lot. Bedard notes 8x in this article. I really think we need the defensive line to be able to shut down the run and apply pressure with minimal pass rush. This has not happened yet as 2 QBs have thrown for 800 plus yards. Anyway check this out, as I think Bedard hits a home run on this article!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    There's no excuse if he's not getting back up but I have to wonder about getting knocked down.  Is there some comparison because I think I see lineman get knocked down on pretty much every play.  When Haynesworth made that big tackle on Bush last week it was after he dived to the ground and grabbed his ankle.  There were a couple Chargers D-lineman on the ground when Brady's knee was hit.  Looked like Cameron Wake got knocked down about 20 times last week in MIA. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]A still shot is hard to tell how fast he got up, Jaytroll. If we were to analyze every players on this team who fell down, we'd be here all day. Fact is, SD was doubleteaming Haynesworth. That tells me what I want to know.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Pay Attention Rusty, just this once.

I didnt need a reporter to tell me what I SAW or some STILL SHOT. I saw it EVEN BEFORE HE GOT HERE!  Thats why I posted the thread in which I brought it up before this Deek Bedard!  Thats ur problem,. You think everyone bases their opinions on media shyt and cant see shyt on their own.  Maybe that is YOu, always posting some stupid article to support your point.  I know football. I can call it like I see it. I dont wear rose glasses like You.

Try Agian buddy!  this is fun today. YOu having a sophmoire slump after predicting Billy B's rebuilding last year...you arent hitting on much.  How about the statement you made saying Bodden will be there starting Monday Night after I warned you he wouldnt start??

LMAO!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Go look on film and tell me how many times Vince or any other lineman is on the ground.

Warren Sapp touched on this last year and had very telling film to support it and since coming here it has held true. If you dont know, than say that....but dont throw our other lineman under the bus saying we would be here all day. No one else does that...Just Big Al.  Film dont lie buddy

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I don't think Warren Sapp is the person I would listen to when it comes to breaking down Albert's play.  In case you haven't noticed Sapp is a hater and doesn't like Albert and that's putting it mildly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Oh here you go...Keep backpedaling because you have been exposed. You will have the whole board looking at me funny with your lies...Thats it for me....Yo wont admit to anything other then being a BIlly B ball washer.

WHAT PART OF " I WATCHED THE GAME LIVE AND SAW HIM SLOW TO GET UP" DONT YOU UNDERSTAND??

SELECTIVE READING.....FIND A CURE!!!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

so TCAL, DID HE MAKE UP THE FILM TOO

Bodden didnt come in on sunday until Ras got hurt.  You are really paying attention to game huh rusty? You didnt even know Bodden wasnt playing and with Kyle in the slot, what excuse will you use for him last week???

He was the 4th string DB going into S.D.  Now spin that!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Rusty - Bodden was matched up on Bryan Walters, a first year WR from Cornell. While I will admit that Bodden shut-down his side of the field, most CBs in the league could have done so against a WR of that caliber.

Nobody truly knows who Belichick values the most on this team (at CB), but to act as if you know exactly what Belichick is thinking is rather arrogant on your behalf. So much of who plays, and where they play is based on variables that we aren't aware of. There will certainly be situations where Bodden sees a lot of snaps, and there will be other games where Dowling, McCourty, or Arrington sees more snaps than Bodden.

Again, who plays, and where they play - it's all based on variables, most of which we aren't aware of. Most fan interpretations are inaccurate, and you're no exception. If you want to state your opinion that's fine, but don't act as if you have unprecedented knowledge regarding every personnel decision that occurs in a game.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]No that actually was me who pointed that out and I got no response. I mentioned that W.Sapp pointed it out while w/ the Skins. atleast 3 to 4 times a game an offensive lineman drops him to one knee and he makes no effort to get back up.  There were actually valid reasons for him being critisized in Washington, but here in N.E. once a player gets here, we like to act like his p oop dont stink. I personally still havent seen what everyone is excited about. I like him if he plays hard, but either his knee or something is wrong, cuz he only plays a handful of snaps, should be fresh and aint doing anything to make me notice him. Can he get better? yes, but right now very unimpressive for a man who cashed a 40 million dollar check 2 years ago.  I gotta work hard for my Bread.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Sorry Shizzle my nizzle, I forgot who said it originally.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Disagree. I commented on the article.  Bedard actually blows holes in his premise by ignoring the idea that if Haynesworth is double teamed, it allows Wilfork to leave the line and improvise on the INT. Or, Ellis in single to pressure Rivers with Brown getting the INT. It doesn't have to be on a stat sheet to show up. If you are being tripled teamed while Wilfork is getting a breather, I'd say he's doing his job. He also seemed to be on the sideline at one point, maybe with a cramp. Don't take the media biat. I like the breakdown, but his premise doesn't hold up.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I think he mentions Alby was single covered like 80% of the time. I LOVE the fact we have this guy on our team. i am already on the record as saying if he plays to potential it could be the 2nd most important trade in BB's history.

BUT during the game I noticed he was getting man handled a lot for a 370 pound beast, and a lot of it was against a single blocker!

@Shennanigan, I did see him getting right back up and I agree getting knocked down a lot doesn't mean you are not having an impact but in this particular game I didn't see him do much. I also think we didn't put as much pressure on Rivers as we did on Henne even though Rivers turned the ball over more.

I would like to see Alby on the field next to VW more but he might not be in the best shape yet?

On a side note....If Ryan Fitzpatrick puts up 375 plus passing yards on us(which I think he will) I am going to start to question BB's current defensive philosophy of sending a minimal pass rush. Are we going to hope Brady outscores every opponent this year? Doesn't seem to work come playoff time!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Haynesworth is/will help, but I have noticed he's not the same player that he was before he signed his big contract. To be fair, what he was - was one of the most dominant defensive players in the league (not just lineman).