Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article!

In Response to Re: Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article!:
    [QUOTE]Seems to me you guys just can't enjoy a win without having something to whine about. Bedard is just another Globe hack. They haven't had a good writer since Reiss left.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

There alot of nitpickers arond here, they wouldn't be happy if we won 35-0, and the defnes gave up 400 yards, they stillwhine and cry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HighSchoolSportsReporter. Show HighSchoolSportsReporter's posts

OH MY GOD.....WE GAVE UP A 5TH-ROUND DRAFT CHOICE FOR HIM!!!!  WHAT A DISASTER!!!

You people need to stop and take breath.

It is only week #2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I approve the two messages above mine.

Its week two people, take a chill pill, we are 2-0 and I believe BB has said that "stats are for losers" correct?

Only thing that matters is the W in the win/loss column.

Does Chad look up to speed yet? no.
    Is Albert Back to form? Hell no.
    Have we lost because of this? No.

Grow up people, its a young season and there is room for a ton of improvement. To assume Albert was a terrible pick up after two games due to lack of production is moronic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i normally am supportive, but i did remember that post by sizzle on one play at sdc's end of the field. he was down across the line, and i thought he went down easy. then i saw him down a couple other times. he does go down more often than one would expect from talented big guy like him. it does look like he does that to make it not obvous when he's bailing on a play. he needs to be up and pushing all the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duc749Rider. Show Duc749Rider's posts

Pats are paying this guy basically peanuts so let's just give it some time and see how he progresses.  He has show some explosive plays already, just not consistently.  I think and hope that he'll be good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]Oh here you go...Keep backpedaling because you have been exposed. You will have the whole board looking at me funny with your lies...Thats it for me....Yo wont admit to anything other then being a BIlly B ball washer. WHAT PART OF " I WATCHED THE GAME LIVE AND SAW HIM SLOW TO GET UP" DONT YOU UNDERSTAND?? SELECTIVE READING.....FIND A CURE!!!!!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Actually it's quite the opposite. The whole board looks at Rusty like a 2 y/o child throwing a fit. Which he is. He has absolutely no life at all. He's here posting all day , all night. LOL Were talking about someone who has actually been banned from BDC , how hard is that!? The guy comes on here with different persona's and different names. LMF AO He has almost 6 thousands post in less than a year. I mean how pathetic is that , seriously? Plus the guy really doesn't have a clue , at all. No serious person with any football intellect takes people like him serious , he's a ball washing homer. Homers offer no real insight , lol because their homers. Much like him , his act is tired , old and weak. Believe this board wouldn't miss him at all. He's a drama queen , who calls people trolls , when losing an argument or makes one of his many stupid statements. Like saying Meri. was the 2nd best FS in the league last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Hes out of shape!!!!!!!!!!!! Give him another month...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Disagree. I commented on the article.  Bedard actually blows holes in his premise by ignoring the idea that if Haynesworth is double teamed, it allows Wilfork to leave the line and improvise on the INT. Or, Ellis in single to pressure Rivers with Brown getting the INT. It doesn't have to be on a stat sheet to show up. If you are being tripled teamed while Wilfork is getting a breather, I'd say he's doing his job. He also seemed to be on the sideline at one point, maybe with a cramp. Don't take the media biat. I like the breakdown, but his premise doesn't hold up.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

circumstances matter

against a single team, i expect him back up and fighting, but against double teams as long as he holds them up for 2 seconds in the run or 4 seconds in the pass before going down, he's done his job

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Two defensive tackles in the middle and two outside linebacker-sized guys at end VS five offensive linemen is a mismatch that goes against us everytime.

Both Wilfork and Albert are dealing with 2 sometimes 3 blockers everytime they line up, Albert being 6'6" tall is a lot further from the ground than 6 foot Wilfork or Kyle Love for example, so getting up once you've been sandwiched by two offensive linemen is not nearly as easy.

If we want pressure upfront, if we want Albert to look more "productive," or if we want to create pressure at all from any position than we need another D tackle down there!  Vince Wilfork has zero sacks, so Haynesworth is not alone.  

Sorry but the jury is in as far as I'm concerned on this fulltime 2/4/5 alignment, it may work on third and long at times, but on 1st and 2nd downs it plain stinks...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]No that actually was me who pointed that out and I got no response. I mentioned that W.Sapp pointed it out while w/ the Skins. atleast 3 to 4 times a game an offensive lineman drops him to one knee and he makes no effort to get back up.  There were actually valid reasons for him being critisized in Washington, but here in N.E. once a player gets here, we like to act like his p oop dont stink. I personally still havent seen what everyone is excited about. I like him if he plays hard, but either his knee or something is wrong, cuz he only plays a handful of snaps, should be fresh and aint doing anything to make me notice him. Can he get better? yes, but right now very unimpressive for a man who cashed a 40 million dollar check 2 years ago.  I gotta work hard for my Bread.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Not making excuses for the guy, but Haynesworth could be playing hurt. Or, like a lot of players, he may not yet be in football shape. Don't forget that, for whatever reason, he hardly played last year. In any event, why start condemning the guy when we don't know what his circumstances are? Do you really think that BB would put up with Haynesworth if he thought Albert was dogging it? 

What happened in Washington is in the past...and could be a source of motivation for him. A guy with his talent is worth waiting for. If he plays well, the Patriots' "D" will be vastly improved.

He's had one good game, and one not so good. Let's see how things go from here.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

its two games into the season... we won both of them....in this one we had four sacks...two interceptions two forced fumbles, one goal line stand.... omg....

one guy wants the leading sacker cut...and the other is complaining about albert already...hey albert aint played in two years and he aint 23 no more...

what game were you watching.... so your a 375lb guy and a 320 lb guy falls on you 3, 4, 5 times...lets see you snap right up and run back to the huddle...

COME ON MAN!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article! : I think he mentions Alby was single covered like 80% of the time. I LOVE the fact we have this guy on our team. i am already on the record as saying if he plays to potential it could be the 2nd most important trade in BB's history. BUT during the game I noticed he was getting man handled a lot for a 370 pound beast, and a lot of it was against a single blocker! @Shennanigan, I did see him getting right back up and I agree getting knocked down a lot doesn't mean you are not having an impact but in this particular game I didn't see him do much. I also think we didn't put as much pressure on Rivers as we did on Henne even though Rivers turned the ball over more. I would like to see Alby on the field next to VW more but he might not be in the best shape yet? On a side note....If Ryan Fitzpatrick puts up 375 plus passing yards on us(which I think he will) I am going to start to question BB's current defensive philosophy of sending a minimal pass rush. Are we going to hope Brady outscores every opponent this year? Doesn't seem to work come playoff time!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

because youve won 5 suberbowls and have been a headcoach/general manager in the nfl for 30 something years....

oh wait my bad ...your just a casual fan and a back seat driver...

proceed as usual and enjoy the ride while it lasts 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article! : Actually it's quite the opposite. The whole board looks at Rusty like a 2 y/o child throwing a fit. Which he is. He has absolutely no life at all. He's here posting all day , all night. LOL Were talking about someone who has actually been banned from BDC , how hard is that!? The guy comes on here with different persona's and different names. LMF AO He has almost 6 thousands post in less than a year. I mean how pathetic is that , seriously? Plus the guy really doesn't have a clue , at all. No serious person with any football intellect takes people like him serious , he's a ball washing homer. Homers offer no real insight , lol because their homers. Much like him , his act is tired , old and weak. Believe this board wouldn't miss him at all. He's a drama queen , who calls people trolls , when losing an argument or makes one of his many stupid statements. Like saying Meri. was the 2nd best FS in the league last year.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

actually your wrong...but thats your opinion and your intitled to it but id rather read rusty's posts anyday over some of troll bs
    or some "so called" fans question every single freakin move...when over the last 10 years.... this team has been far and away been the best....in football and continues to be

so if rusty is a ballwasher for BB then he must have a "keen" insight because BB IS CLEARLY the best coach in the nfl and will probably go down as the best ever.. and he realizes what he is seeing...  maybe some of you dont get that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

it's really unfair to the Albert but, atleast they should indicate when he's double teamed I just don't get it, Albert is an easy target for them and they're fedding off from the big man, pity!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article! :      Not making excuses for the guy, but Haynesworth could be playing hurt. Or, like a lot of players, he may not yet be in football shape. Don't forget that, for whatever reason, he hardly played last year. In any event, why start condemning the guy when we don't know what his circumstances are? Do you really think that BB would put up with Haynesworth if he thought Albert was dogging it?       What happened in Washington is in the past...and could be a source of motivation for him. A guy with his talent is worth waiting for. If he plays well, the Patriots' "D" will be vastly improved.      He's had one good game, and one not so good. Let's see how things go from here.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Tex for the record, I did say in my post that maybe it is his knee. I am not saying he is doggin it.  Someone posted the article and I simply corrected the author by saying who mentioned it.  I know he came on the cheap.  All im saying is something is there.  People want to defend him w/out even watching the plays.  The fact is, he is a guesser who may blow up a play or may give up a long run. He  is on the ground way too much for a lineman and thats why he doesnt play alot. Guy been playing for more than a month and ya'll still want to give him to november to get in shape? I could care less what he does really, I know we are winning, I am just saying to lower your expectations on this guy as I have cuz he has some sort of issue and its not conditioning, IMO...if it is, it will never get right. He did this ALL last year in washington.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article! : Spin what? He has a cast on his hand and had a bad back during the week. It explains why it wasn't necessarily necessary to start a dinged up player. He then stepped in and shut down the other WR (Walters and Goodman) for SD for the rest of the game. Bodden had 3 tackles, Dowling 0.  There is nothing to spin.   You're obnoxious. Unbearable, childish behavior.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

The dude had 3 holding penalties.  I never said he wasnt hurt, I said he wasnt gonna be starting week 1 or much of any game cuz he is having issues..thats it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In my opinion this kind of writing really doesn't mean much.  The chart implies that there is some sort of objective measure being employed yet the observations are subjective in many ways.

Absent a comparison between Haynesworth and other defensive tackles in similar schemes assigned similar responsibilities, the piece is totally devoid of context and, in my judgment, pretty pointless.

I see the piece as nothing more than a gratuitous shot at Haynesworth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I am certainly not saying Albert is dogging it all. I am saying simply that the Pats will need the front 4 to play better against good teams. I am counting on the new look d-line as our ticket to the SB this year. This is a passing league but defense still wins championships. I would like to see Albert on the field more...although as Wozzy said its probably BB keeping these guys fresh for playoff time.

I am not concerned about junk yardage and such but after watching the game again(on "short cuts" sunday tix AWESOME) I realize that the Chargers were at the 30 yard line down by 6 with 10 mins to go until tolberts fumble. If we don't get the turnovers we got we have a good shot at losing Brady's 1st home game in 5 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In my opinion this kind of writing really doesn't mean much.  The chart implies that there is some sort of objective measure being employed yet the observations are subjective in many ways. Absent a comparison between Haynesworth and other defensive tackles in similar schemes assigned similar responsibilities, the piece is totally devoid of context and, in my judgment, pretty pointless.   I see the piece as nothing more than a gratuitous shot at Haynesworth.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Well, here is where we have a difference of opinion. I think this chart is what made the article. I challenge you to sit down and watch the game again and double check the sequence of events. Of course it is one persons assessment of what transpired but after watching again I agree with his take. 

I personally don't read much from the globe but in this case this guy did his home work. Albert was taken out of many plays some were by a double team which should open things up for extra rushers but we still don't send many extra rushers. More importantly the chargers did keep 6 blockers most of the game leaving 4 pass catchers(depending on the play obviously).
    We only sent 4 rushers most of the game so we had 7 defenders covering 4 guys and were still getting beat for 380 yards and 21 points.  2 things happened here, d-line did not get enough pressure or secondary can't cover when odds are in there favor.

Some people can call this nit picking or whatever but what happens when we play a team that can hold us to 20 points(as in playoff teams)  anyway I think the D will get better I just would like to see us open up the play book and get after the QB a little more.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard breaks down Haynsworth. Great article! : Well, here is where we have a difference of opinion. I think this chart is what made the article. I challenge you to sit down and watch the game again and double check the sequence of events. Of course it is one persons assessment of what transpired but after watching again I agree with his take.  I personally don't read much from the globe but in this case this guy did his home work. Albert was taken out of many plays some were by a double team which should open things up for extra rushers but we still don't send many extra rushers. More importantly the chargers did keep 6 blockers most of the game leaving 4 pass catchers(depending on the play obviously). We only sent 4 rushers most of the game so we had 7 defenders covering 4 guys and were still getting beat for 380 yards and 21 points.  2 things happened here, d-line did not get enough pressure or secondary can't cover when odds are in there favor. Some people can call this nit picking or whatever but what happens when we play a team that can hold us to 20 points(as in playoff teams)  anyway I think the D will get better I just would like to see us open up the play book and get after the QB a little more.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Reasonable Pats fans with some measure of objectivity (do they exist?) can disagree on the article's worth and I think that is the case here.  I won't deny that he seems to have taken an in-depth look at Haynesworth's effectiveness in the SD game.  I stand by my views with respect to subjectivity and context.

Be interesting to see what Bedard has to say 4 games from now though.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Fact: the Chargers head coach in his post game pressor spoke to his teams successes on offense...Turner lauded his offensive line for executing the game plan...Which was to nuetralize the interior push of the Pats line by doubling both of our DT thus allowing Rivers to use 3 step drops and step up in the pocket to avoid the rush from the ends...

Fact: Albert Haynesworth play's DT

Fact: His reputation preceeds him...and if he were as suggested lying down on the job and not giving us full effort...he'd be on the sideline and if it continued he'd get cut. Period...that's the Patriot way!

Fact: Bill Belicheck is still the coach and I'm pretty certain that when he watches the film if he felt like Hayneworth was dogging it...no way the guy gets on the field Sunday...if he's on the field then the premiss of the article carried little weight.

Fact: In two successive weeks our defense has held on the 1 yard line...in both instances niether team ran the ball between the tackles...why...Wilfork and Haynesworth...

Fact: Haynesworth is an @ZZZZZ....but he's our @zzzzzzzzzz now!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Haynesworth plays maybe a 3rd of the snaps.  Not a ringing endorsement and we have some guys hurt so he has to play some.  Bill wont deactivate him and put him in the dog house this early and the media would have a field day. I think Bill is protecting his player like he always does.

I think he would be playing much more if he was effective. I still have hopes he will improve but also wouldnt be surprised if he is cut by week 6 when healthy bodies may emerge from P.U.P.

Just cuz he plays a little , dont assume Bill hasnt seen the same thing. He will give Al a few more weeks to get his shyt right or he will be gone.  I wont be mad as it was just a 5th rd pick...just warning you guys...

I wonder why we heard the same thing in Washington....him saying he is healthy and wants to play and the coach saying he doesnt like to play 3-4...same spin as when McNabb was benched. Coaches wont throw their player directly under the bus, so they make up other stuff to protect them,. but eventually if he doesnt produce he is gone.

Sections
Shortcuts