Bedard says welker wont be signed by pats next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Bedard says welker wont be signed by pats next year

and that wlker could go to many possible teams including and especially baltimore and denver.

that would make either "dirty" ie good and a tough out the next couple years.

almost making it worth it to tag him if he wont sign for pat friendly deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Bedard says welker wont be signed by pats next year

If they don't want him tag n trade if possible

All the same ... if he really wants top dollar, I might think about investing that in a top tier defender instead. 

This offense is GOOD ENOUGH. 

They need more good defenders. I mean really, between Welker, Gronk, Lloyd, Ridley, Hernandez, Edelman, Vereen, whoever they add next season... there are almost not enough reps. And breaking records every season is cool, but really .... if you had 11 million or whatever and you could resign Welker or get a nasty pass rusher to go beside Jones, or another dominant interior lineman, or a top tier CB .... what would you take?

I'd take the latter ... the offense could afford to take a hit in talent. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All the same ... if he really wants top dollar, I might think about investing that in a top tier defender instead. 

They need more good defenders. I mean really, between Welker, Gronk, Lloyd, Ridley, Hernandez, Edelman, Vereen, whoever they add next season... there are almost not enough reps. And breaking records every season is cool, but really .... if you had 11 million or whatever and you could resign Welker or get a nasty pass rusher to go beside Jones, or another dominant interior lineman, or a top tier CB .... what would you take?

[/QUOTE]

"If they don't want him tag n trade if possible"

with you on that. been saying that for good while (if we decide to let him go, should tag and trade).

i would as well. and i said as much last year. (top cb fa in offseason over welker). and we do need that top guy next to fork, teh pass rusher opposite jones.

now if we got a top safety and or cb and the very good dominating center, along with de and dt in draft and fa, we are good to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I called Welker to Denver or GB before the season started and I think the Broncos would be the best fit for him and the best possibility to happen.  While we all know my stance on this, if the Patriots choose to let him go then as a fan of his I hope he goes to Denver.  As a fan of the Patriots I hope he goes to anyone but Denver.

They need to do the right thing and get Wes to a multi year deal, 2 would be fine. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I called Welker to Denver or GB before the season started and I think the Broncos would be the best fit for him and the best possibility to happen.  While we all know my stance on this, if the Patriots choose to let him go then as a fan of his I hope he goes to Denver.  As a fan of the Patriots I hope he goes to anyone but Denver.

They need to do the right thing and get Wes to a multi year deal, 2 would be fine. 

[/QUOTE]

hey tfb,
    yeah but will ww sign a sub 10 mil contract, and will he sign a 2 year deal.

if he wont and we wont keep tag or not, then i tag and trade not to any of the top 10 teams in the league, certainly not one in afc

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"If they don't want him tag n trade if possible"

with you on that. been saying that for good while (if we decide to let him go, should tag and trade).

i would as well. and i said as much last year. (top cb fa in offseason over welker). and we do need that top guy next to fork, teh pass rusher opposite jones.

now if we got a top safety and or cb and the very good dominating center, along with de and dt in draft and fa, we are good to go.

[/QUOTE]

Add in the fact that we have a QB that made Reche Caldwell look like a decent player and yeah, they could put the money on the defensive side of the ball and not feel it too much on offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

hey tfb,

if he wont and we wont keep tag or not, then i tag and trade not to any of the top 10 teams in the league, certainly not one in afc

[/QUOTE]

Why the heck would he sign that?  He should be getting $16 million with $5 Million signing bonus.  Pay the man, he is worth it, has proved he is worth it, will continue to prove he is worth it.  If the Pats are too cheap to pay it then they deserve to lose him which is a shame because the Patriots have a much better offense with him here and once again.  It will be a regreatful decision if they let him walk.

Who knows, maybe the Patriots think he only has one more year left in him and will be willing to pay the franchise tag again for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

hey tfb,

[/QUOTE]

Why the heck would he sign that?  He should be getting $16 million with $5 Million signing bonus.  Pay the man, he is worth it, has proved he is worth it, will continue to prove he is worth it.  If the Pats are too cheap to pay it then they deserve to lose him which is a shame because the Patriots have a much better offense with him here and once again.  It will be a regreatful decision if they let him walk.

Who knows, maybe the Patriots think he only has one more year left in him and will be willing to pay the franchise tag again for him.

[/QUOTE]

agree the 2nd comment is a chance. but tfb this is a salary cap league. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

hey tfb,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it seems like the teams can always make things work when they want them to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Franchise him for one more year, for a 20% raise. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I'd hate to see him go. Pairing him up with Manning is scary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

last time i checked no one knows what BB will or will not do so who the hell does bedard think he is making that prediction?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

last time i checked no one knows what BB will or will not do so who the hell does bedard think he is making that prediction?

[/QUOTE]

That's very true!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

you have got to keep WW here! my goodness all you folks that say let him go, do you watch the games? Who does TB always look for on 3rd down?! I would be interested to knwo what the stats look like for this year. 3rd down conversions by pass, and how many were to WW.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

everyone makes predictions, it was a pretty logical thought process he had (itr was audio). but it did not factor in that bb may ave changed his mind

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd hate to see him go. Pairing him up with Manning is scary.

[/QUOTE]

exactly. id say if he goes we have to determine where (and where not)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

hey tfb,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it seems like the teams can always make things work when they want them to.

[/QUOTE]

yes and not be able to extend other players or grab fa's.  you have a point sorta

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Love Welker's game.  Hard to replace.  But I have to agree; lots of offensive options on this team.  Take the $$ and put it on the defensive side of the ball.

And in the final analysis what difference does it make what Bedard or anyone else predicts about anything?  Makes for a fun read but makes not an iota of difference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Love Welker's game.  Hard to replace.  But I have to agree; lots of offensive options on this team.  Take the $$ and put it on the defensive side of the ball.

And in the final analysis what difference does it make what Bedard or anyone else predicts about anything?  Makes for a fun read but makes not an iota of difference.

[/QUOTE]

why else do we come here but to discuss interesting football issues. bedards ideas reopen intersting startegy ideas (ones that change eveyr day bsed little or bit variables changing weekly)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Even a 5 year old can make that prediction..I'll say we win 13 games next year too and BB will trade up again during draft day...Can't we leave welker's situation alone and focus on what's in front of us? For instance, we can clinch the division(again) with a win againts the Miami Dolphins and the upcoming showdowns against two heavyweights in the Houston Texans and San Francisco 49ers...I bet that'll be an interesting discussion...All this welker's contract situation is boring.........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Welker getting 10+ Million a year or locking up Talib, Edelman, Spikes, Chung and Vollmer? 

Yeah, I'm good, send this guy to St. Louis for a second and a fourth rounder. With that two and four, find a DT or DE to play the line. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brady won 3 SBs without Wes Welker, Brady is 0-2 with him. 

Maybe Brady is too relient on Wes and needs to start looking for the open guy instead of zeroing in on his buddy. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Maybe Brady is too relient on Wes and needs to start looking for the open guy instead of zeroing in on his buddy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Yes, let's focus on the next 5 games and let the chips fall where they will. Concentrate on this year and on the playoffs! 

Sections
Shortcuts