Bedard's Playoff Picks: One Writer with Guts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Bedard's Playoff Picks: One Writer with Guts

Greg Bedard has posted his playoff picks. He also went over his picks from the beginning of the year. 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/01/bedards_playoff.html

I think Bedard is fast becoming the premier football writer in Boston. He is thorough, objective, and doesn't mind poking fun at himself. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Bedard's Playoff Picks: One Writer with Guts

I don't see the Pats losing at home to Pittsburgh, especially when the lossin Pitt was only 8 pts.  And two of those were from a safety down the stretch.  His thought process seems to be, if Pitt can beat NE in NE, then Pitt's going to the SB.

Baltimore is going to be tough to beat, too.  I just think that given the injuries, it's silly to have Pitt going to the SB.  Pats are going to beat that team at home if it comes to that.  I like a lot of his picks, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

seems like hes too much all over the steelers junk, i dont seen them getting out of the divisional round

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

he's an idiot

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

In Response to Re: Bedard's Playoff Picks: One Writer with Guts:
    [QUOTE]he's an idiot
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

He's an idiot? or his picks are idiotic? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Yeah, I think this guy's an idiot... "I reserve the right to change my pick"??? 

Give me a break... I'm gonna try that line next time I'm in Vegas!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Bedard's Playoff Picks: One Writer with Guts:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard's Playoff Picks: One Writer with Guts : He's an idiot? or his picks are idiotic? 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

Both

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The Steelers "left a lot of points on the field"?  Wow.  Looked to me like the Patriots GAVE them a lot of points, and left a lot of points on the field.  He mentions all the guys Pittsburgh has back, but doesn't mention how bad they have played lately?  Yeah, whatever dude.  Time will prove you wrong.  PLUS if this is a loss, why do you hope we get this matchup?  Because you don't care a bit about the Patriots.  So, I don't pay any attention to your "knowlege".  I get better analysis from RWK.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

I for one want to see how Rothsenberger fares under the onslaught of the Bronco defense whether it's Von Miller or D'ville.....
    On a bad wheel with this kinda pressure this game might be more interesting
    than projected....One big hit and he might gone early...

We may see him in New England again yet but  I might question how effective he may be....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I don't see Pitt beating the Pats at The Razor. I said that after the game at Pitt this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't see Pitts steamrolling Denver.  Pitts is especially short on offensive power right now and that threatens the large point spread.  Assuming that Pitts escapes Denver, I don't see them doing anything at all right in Foxboro.

BB is supposed to do especially well when he meets a team a second time in the same season.

Too many writers have no guts at all.  Bedard at least gives it a try.  Only writers who recognize their own mistakes are going to learn anything from their mistakes.  This rule goes double for all gamblers without exception. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Gandalf is spot on...he is becoming the top writer in Boston.  I like his stuff and his articles contain a ton of good information.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

His point that the Pats had everyone for the first game is not exactly correct. Kevin Faulk, in his first game coming off of IR, was the healthiest RB the Pats had that day and got almost all of the RB action with 6 carries and 5 catches. BJGE had 5 carries, Woody and Ridley did not play. and Hernandez was also coming off an injury and had only 2 catches (9 yards) and 1 run. Pats now have a full compliment of healthy backs and receivers...

14. This post has been removed.