Before we jump the gun..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Before we jump the gun..

Yes, Easley has had two ACL surgeries. yes, there is a big risk here. yes, I am upset with this because my guy Tuitt was there and even a GREAT talent Marquise Lee as well.

But, DT does fill a need and read any report on this kid and it says he is a top ten talent but the injuries hindered this. I had mocked Easley to NE, but in Round 2. I like the player, just not where he was taken. I'm hoping BB can fleece someone for a pick in the late 30s to grab Tuitt and complete my mock of Tuitt and Easley.

Don't automatically count this guy out. Even though im not close to thrilled, he has talent.

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Before we jump the gun..

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/04/4096601/ufs-dominique-easley-climbing.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/04/4096601/ufs-dominique-easley-climbing.html

"The dominant and disruptive three-technique tackle — once tabbed as the nation’s ninth-best overall prospect according to ESPN draft guru Todd McShay — sustained a second collegiate noncontact knee injury late last September, prematurely ending his Gators career"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No doubt he has the talent. Top 15 pick if not for his knees. Knees take a beating against big nfl guards. Crossing my fingers he doesn't go the Ras route, but instead realizes his potential.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'd of been a world class sprinter if not for my lack of speed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

this was a good pick. he's way better than tuitt

tuitt was one of my favorites

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

this was a good pick. he's way better than tuitt

Agreed. Assuming health, and that's a fairly big assumption to make, he'll be a disruptive force for our interior DL. I assume his medical/physical checked out. Let's hope it all works out for him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The Pats picked him and I'll root every bit for him and hope to dear lord he stays healthy but in the end it was an extremely risky pick to make. Yes interior pass rush was a massive need (certainly #1 on my draft needs) the question you have to answer is if the Jets traded back into the 1st and took the guy what would your comments be today? If it's anything but what you are currently saying about Easley you have to question whether you like the pick or if you like the Pats made the pick.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

How strange. I'd have been the worlds strongest man if not for my 13.5" biceps. We are brothers my friend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

I had him on the Pats roster but in the 2nd round, which is where he was most mocked even after his knees. someone mentioned taking Lee who also has knee issues and a WR losing a step is much more damaging to his career. Most had us taking Hageman, Tuitt, Nix and NONE of them went in the 1st round which tells me BB went with the best of the bunch even with the medical red flags. My fear is long term but if we can get 4-6 high end years out of this kid, Ill take it as you don't marry (most of) your draft picks , you date em then find someone better a few years down the road............

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!" 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Why BB picked him..

"He's played everywhere along the defensive line," he said. "You don't see a lot of guys who do that -- he lines up on the nose, he lines up on the guard, he lines up on the tackle, he lines up out wide at times. You can see him playing all those spots.

"He’s an explosive player, very explosive. A very disruptive player. In college, I would say his stats might have been a little bit deceiving because a lot of times he was the disruptive person on the play, but he wasn't the guy who ended up making the tackle, or it wouldn't be on the stat sheet. But the reason the play wasn't successful was his penetration and ability to be disruptive. I think he has a good knack for that." 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I'm paraphrasing but this is what Ray Lewis had to say, rebutting Kiper -- Easley can flat out play.  I saw him play against my Miami boys, and he disrupted everything with sheer effort.  He just does not give up.  His effort is always there and he beats you with it.  Effort usually beats talent, not that he is not talented!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

ACL injuries used to be career-ending.  Surgeons and physical therapists got better, starting with Wes Welker's amazing recovery between a December injury and a September start at pretty much full cutting speed.  Welker's legs have been incredibly durable (although his head hasn't).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

I'm paraphrasing but this is what Ray Lewis had to say, rebutting Kiper -- Easley can flat out play.  I saw him play against my Miami boys, and he disrupted everything with sheer effort.  He just does not give up.  His effort is always there and he beats you with it.  Effort usually beats talent, not that he is not talented!

That was amusing seeing Ray Lewis absolutely gush over Easley.  I was really surprised how excited he was about our pick .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I like the pick. I asked for DT. Thank you BB. If he fails cause injury you can I told you so me.  If he shines then what?  There is a new team Dr and BB went to see the guy personally. Ill go with that.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

ACL injuries used to be career-ending.  Surgeons and physical therapists got better, starting with Wes Welker's amazing recovery between a December injury and a September start at pretty much full cutting speed.  Welker's legs have been incredibly durable (although his head hasn't).

[object HTMLDivElement]

I hope so, I've heard them compared to Tommy John surgeries recently. But, still in both knees? That's scary no matter how advanced surgery has come. Makes you wonder why both his knees tore up so easily and if it could happen to other body parts as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

look, if BB says this is the guy to play in his defense, then in BB I trust. BB in turn has to trust his medical staff that this guy checked out and is not a huge risk.

Reiss is convinced...100% convinced, that the Seahawks would have taken Easley with the next pick.

I am also 100% convinced that Easley was the last defensive player on the Pats board with a first round grade. If the Pats were going to make the pick, and if they were going defense, there was no other player on their board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to Paul_K's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I hope so, I've heard them compared to Tommy John surgeries recently. But, still in both knees? That's scary no matter how advanced surgery has come. Makes you wonder why both his knees tore up so easily and if it could happen to other body parts as well.

[object HTMLDivElement]

i read that the last one was a non contact injury. Those can happen to anyone IMO. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Both of his injuries were non contact. As long as we keep this kid hitting people, he'll be fine..........

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

i read that the last one was a non contact injury. Those can happen to anyone IMO. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

I actually think it's the opposite. Contact tears I could see happening to anyone but non contact tends to not happen in players nearly as frequently and is usually only found in aging players or players who put a ton or wear on them with lots of cutting movements or PED users also see it a lot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Why BB picked him..

"He's played everywhere along the defensive line," he said. "You don't see a lot of guys who do that -- he lines up on the nose, he lines up on the guard, he lines up on the tackle, he lines up out wide at times. You can see him playing all those spots.

"He’s an explosive player, very explosive. A very disruptive player. In college, I would say his stats might have been a little bit deceiving because a lot of times he was the disruptive person on the play, but he wasn't the guy who ended up making the tackle, or it wouldn't be on the stat sheet. But the reason the play wasn't successful was his penetration and ability to be disruptive. I think he has a good knack for that." 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Belichick doesn't know what he's talking about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

And what would you have been if you only had a brain?

Sorry - I had to... no hard feelings?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

look, if BB says this is the guy to play in his defense, then in BB I trust. BB in turn has to trust his medical staff that this guy checked out and is not a huge risk.

Reiss is convinced...100% convinced, that the Seahawks would have taken Easley with the next pick.

I am also 100% convinced that Easley was the last defensive player on the Pats board with a first round grade. If the Pats were going to make the pick, and if they were going defense, there was no other player on their board.

After weeks of suggesting it might be difficult to trade down from #32, that’s exactly what the Seahawks did today. They made a deal with Minnesota to move out of the first round, collecting a fourth rounder (#108 overall) in the process.

They now own the #40 pick.

Was this always destined to happen? Perhaps.

But you could watch the Seahawks war room on a live feed online. And those watching certainly detected an air of deflation when New England selected Dominique Easley at #29.

Easley. RT @NEPD_Loyko: Just got it confirmed to me “Seattle got their guy stolen from them” “They packed up shop after that pick”.

— Doug Kyed (@DougKyedNESN) May 9, 2014

It felt pretty deflating watching at home too. Easley is a terrific prospect and clearly some teams feel comfortable about the situation with his knees. He’s not just an explosive interior rusher — he has a Seahawks attitude and personality. He would’ve fit like a glove on this defense. Imagine him blowing up the pocket from the interior with Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett working the edge? What a shame.

Ian Rapoport has since confirmed Seattle wanted Easley:

Why did the #Seahawks want Dominique Easley before the #Patriots drafted him? DC Dan Quinn recruited him at Florida. He went, they traded

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 9, 2014

Dan Quinn didn’t join the Gators until 2011 and Easley was part of Florida’s 2010 class — so Quinn didn’t recruit him. But he coached him — and clearly made an impression.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seahawksdraftblog/2014/05/08/seahawks-trade-down-to-40-wont-pick-until-day-two/

Sections
Shortcuts