BEGINNING my game 2 observations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

BEGINNING my game 2 observations

never really gave my game 1 complete observations didnt have the time, sprinkled some of them around the board.

sd game 1st half
    tracy white, killer good on special teams. hell yeah!

one error in technique picking up on dowling, turns too quick to run before receiver makes the move, thereby being susceptable to the short pass all day.
    too, needs to learn to turn on the ball whenits in the air.

1st quarter brady and spikes confused in pass coverage.

and diego using fake injuries on the field for free timeouts to slow the hurry up.
    they need to institute a 25 yard penalty for faking injuries to get timeouts.

hern helluva catch on 1st td. way up there, awesome hands.
    dude's gonna be an all pro.

when the ball gets past him to a point he cant reach with tall receivers, mccourty needs to learn to pull an arm down to cause the incompletion (if he cant reach the ball).

on san diegos 1st touchdown, mayo is getting too far to the middle/inside, getting way out of position. (dont know if his body is taking him where hes used to being (like your car goes to where it knows to go, but not where you want to go today :)

spikes looked really good coming in there.
    one play he knocks out 2 lineman leaving mayo clean to make the tackle..

bb letting sd dictate the matchups (which i dont like)  wr vs db. when arrinigton was in there, norv put jackson up against him, total mismatch.

barrett looks good against the run.

mccourty looks excellent for a cb against the run several times makes teh very tough play.
    on the goal line play, mccourty takes out the lead blocker, otherwise mayo does not make the tackle outside the endzone.

sims accurate observation on riddley, "lot like woodhead, reads the blocks and can cut so easily" in the right space.  those asking why i put ridley 1st of our backers and why bjge last, this is on reason. ive explained the rest elsewhere.

the goal line stop followed by the 99 yard drive sealed the direction of the game (minus mistakes, turnovers).

gronks first touchdown was a helmet to helmet, intentional lead with the helmet (not the helmeet slidiing up the chest kind).

thats quick version of first half take of sd game.

good night all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

Re: BEGINNING my game 2 observations

In Response to BEGINNING my game 2 observations:
    [QUOTE]never really gave my game 1 complete observations didnt have the time, sprinkled some of them around the board. sd game 1st half tracy white, killer good on special teams. hell yeah!

Saw that too. Keep it up!

one error in technique picking up on dowling, turns too quick to run before receiver makes the move, thereby being susceptable to the short pass all day. too, needs to learn to turn on the ball whenits in the air.

Dowling is inexperienced at this NFL level but is a quick read. Expect improvement in coverage soon. College performances support that.

1st quarter brady and spikes confused in pass coverage. and diego using fake injuries on the field for free timeouts to slow the hurry up. they need to institute a 25 yard penalty for faking injuries to get timeouts. 

Saw brady looking at Phillips and the other guy when faking injury. He was livid, but what could he do?  

hern helluva catch on 1st td. way up there, awesome hands. dude's gonna be an all pro. 

Hernandez has amazing hand and body control. Get well soon!

when the ball gets past him to a point he cant reach with tall receivers, mccourty needs to learn to pull an arm down to cause the incompletion (if he cant reach the ball).

Noticed that since last season too. Hard to say if we want him on Johnson on Sunday or maybe Dowling instead because of size and him being being better on man coverage

on san diegos 1st touchdown, mayo is getting too far to the middle/inside, getting way out of position. (dont know if his body is taking him where hes used to being (like your car goes to where it knows to go, but not where you want to go today :)

Mayo made that mistake a few times but should get more used to it soon...no worries.

spikes looked really good coming in there. one play he knocks out 2 lineman leaving mayo clean to make the tackle.. I agree. HE also needs to get in there more hope he's out of the doghouse now.

bb letting sd dictate the matchups (which i dont like)  wr vs db. when arrinigton was in there, norv put jackson up against him, total mismatch. barrett looks good against the run.

Barrett played better tha in Miami and should continue to improve with more playingi time.

mccourty looks excellent for a cb against the run several times makes teh very tough play. on the goal line play, mccourty takes out the lead blocker, otherwise mayo does not make the tackle outside the endzone.

Another reason he should play in closer to the line for a while..

sims accurate observation on riddley, "lot like woodhead, reads the blocks and can cut so easily" in the right space.  those asking why i put ridley 1st of our backers and why bjge last, this is on reason. ive explained the rest elsewhere.

Ridley will be a great RB...no doubt in my mind at all. He'll break a few long runs. Hope he gets more touches against Buffalo's D.

the goal line stop followed by the 99 yard drive sealed the direction of the game (minus mistakes, turnovers). gronks first touchdown was a helmet to helmet, intentional lead with the helmet (not the helmeet slidiing up the chest kind). thats quick version of first half take of sd game. good night all.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Good post Bredbru!

Want to add that Chad made two really great catches. Hope he continues to be more of a factor in Buffalo with Hernendez injured. Also want price back inn there. He shold eat up Buffalo's D.

Chung was an absolute beast in the game and took out Gates with a look of domination. He'll make the Pro Bowl this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thanks for the comments noah.
    you on the west coast?

re:
    "Dowling is inexperienced at this NFL level but is a quick read. Expect improvement in coverage soon. College performances support that.

college or pro, doing thes things i mention isnt a given, look at the db's whove come through.
    its proper technique in college or pro. few do it in college. adn being in the pros doesnt mean they ever will. dowling has a leg up casue his one on one is so strong. he is right there, and apparently was taught one thing: be there, then strip th earms or the balL AND "dont get beat" so that is his focus is only on that.

Saw brady looking at Phillips and the other guy when faking injury. He was livid, but what could he do?  

"nothing he could do". i was suggesting that a new penalty needs to be created like in hockey.

Want to add that Chad made two really great catches. Hope he continues to be more of a factor in Buffalo with Hernendez injured. Also want price back inn there. He shold eat up Buffalo's D.

i agree on chad, started a thread on that.
    dont know why price is out.
    he wasnt on active roster for the sd game i understand.

Chung was an absolute beast in the game and took out Gates with a look of domination. He'll make the Pro Bowl this year.

those have been my thoughts as well. 
    we seem to be on the same wavelength.

cheers noah!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

At first I was thinking about that player having to miss the rest of the drive. Figure then they would bring in a backup every so often to just fake an injury so a penalty might be better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

"and diego using fake injuries on the field for free timeouts to slow the hurry up.
    they need to institute a 25 yard penalty for faking injuries to get timeouts."

Giants resorted to this old trick also against Bradford and Rams last night when they were in hurry up. Giants defence looked clueless dealing with it. Two defenders hit the deck at the same time, both having the same thought process I guess.
    Relative to instituting a penalty, how do you prove a "fake injury" on the spot??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

In Response to Re: BEGINNING my game 2 observations:
    [QUOTE]"and diego using fake injuries on the field for free timeouts to slow the hurry up. they need to institute a 25 yard penalty for faking injuries to get timeouts." Giants resorted to this old trick also against Bradford and Rams last night when they were in hurry up. Giants defence looked clueless dealing with it. Two defenders hit the deck at the same time, both having the same thought process I guess. Relative to instituting a penalty, how do you prove a "fake injury" on the spot??
    Posted by irishfanatic[/QUOTE]

First time I ever saw this was... Willie Mginest doing it to Peyton.  Imitation is the sincerest form.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]"and diego using fake injuries on the field for free timeouts to slow the hurry up. they need to institute a 25 yard penalty for faking injuries to get timeouts." Giants resorted to this old trick also against Bradford and Rams last night when they were in hurry up. Giants defence looked clueless dealing with it. Two defenders hit the deck at the same time, both having the same thought process I guess. Relative to instituting a penalty, how do you prove a "fake injury" on the spot??
    Posted by irishfanatic[/QUOTE]

there's no way to prove it judgement call like hockey or soccer. thats why something like must stay out for series might be more feasible. but like someone above just said, thy put a backup iin to do the trick. nfl not proactive or progressive. i dont see it happening. i just would like it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It use to be that if you were on your opponents side of the field or didn't make an honest effort to get to the sidelines (dependent on extent of injury of course) they would charge you a TO

Wonder what happened to that rule?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]It use to be that if you were on your opponents side of the field or didn't make an honest effort to get to the sidelines (dependent on extent of injury of course) they would charge you a TO Wonder what happened to that rule?
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I don't know.  I think they could cure this by making the player sit out more than a play.  Give them 5 plays off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

[QUOTE]thanks for the comments noah. you on the west coast? re: " Dowling is inexperienced at this NFL level but is a quick read. Expect improvement in coverage soon. College performances support that. college or pro, doing thes things i mention isnt a given, look at the db's whove come through. its proper technique in college or pro. few do it in college. adn being in the pros doesnt mean they ever will. dowling has a leg up casue his one on one is so strong. he is right there, and apparently was taught one thing: be there, then strip th earms or the balL AND "dont get beat" so that is his focus is only on that. Saw brady looking at Phillips and the other guy when faking injury. He was livid, but what could he do?   "nothing he could do". i was suggesting that a new penalty needs to be created like in hockey. Want to add that Chad made two really great catches. Hope he continues to be more of a factor in Buffalo with Hernendez injured. Also want price back inn there. He shold eat up Buffalo's D. i agree on chad, started a thread on that. dont know why price is out. he wasnt on active roster for the sd game i understand. Chung was an absolute beast in the game and took out Gates with a look of domination. He'll make the Pro Bowl this year. those have been my thoughts as well.  we seem to be on the same wavelength. cheers noah!

I was thinking the same about you being on the same wave length.  Although it feels that way, the big difference is that I'm much less well versed in the X's & O's of football than you. It's fun for me because I've lived in Europe for about thirty years, mostly in Stockholm, Sweden so I'm also less informed from years of living without football at all. I'm playing a good game of catch-up fantime now htough so I hope within a few more seasons I'll have a fairly informed base to draw from. Another reason I enjoy sharing conversations like this one with you and a few other posters. Hope we can keep it up.

Acutally it's only been with the spread of Internet that I got back the chance to follow the NFL and my NE Patriots (lets say seriously the past five years). I use NFL Game Pass which costs about $300 per season to get all NFL regular season and playoff games. In the beginning it was low speed and full of hanging and poor quality video but now its good bandwith and I connect my  PC to a 50" TV screen. The last two seasons have been a great pleasure. I spend a lot of time now on all the major NFL sites and a few team sites that I started following. I like the Lions as they rebuild...they're gonna be really good.

You asked me if I was from the west coast (maybe because we seem to be posting at different times of day) but Stockholm is 6 hours before you in Boston.

Anyway we'll catch up tomorrow again and thanks for the sharing of ideas and observations on our super team.

Best regards,
    Neil (Noah)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

neil,
    great post thanks for the details neil. surorised about the location. reason i asked is i am in california (grew up in boston area) , and you are about the only person responding to me in the middle of the night when i am posting. 9 hrs forward explainns it. its in your morning time when im posting.

re: " I spend a lot of time now on all the major NFL sites and a few team sites that I started following. I like the Lions as they rebuild...they're gonna be really good"

what are yoru links to teams sites you like?
    i follow on nfl rewind very inexpensive but game available not til after the game (all games).

detroit is comig but i cant like them because there is some bad blood and they have been beating the hell out of brady lately so im hating on them.

incidentally i am aslo bredbreu depending which browser i use  to log on.

be well friend

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to BEGINNING my game 2 observations:
    [QUOTE]...when the ball gets past him to a point he cant reach with tall receivers, mccourty needs to learn to pull an arm down to cause the incompletion (if he cant reach the ball). ...

push the receiver out of bounds while in the air!!!! he's strong enough so that this can be done even with the receiver first touches the ball 5 yards inside.

Sections
Shortcuts