Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from warchild2. Show warchild2's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

Brady is 1-3 in his last four playoffs games and has played terrible in all four of those games! Great regular season but very shaky playoff performances!   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdlhale. Show jdlhale's posts

Belichick ego needs to be controlled, get real coordinators, this team was outcoached today.  No superbowls since Weiss and Crennel.  Think asst's make a difference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icebird753. Show icebird753's posts

How about the symbolism in the game? When Welker's decal came flying off, it symbolized the end. The end of the Patriots as the Beasts of the AFC East,; they got torn down by the New York Jets. Ah this is so sweet. Pittsburgh will probably win next week, but this win alone makes me feel so much better about the Jets' season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FIJISOXFAN. Show FIJISOXFAN's posts

Lets be honest . . . the Pats don't want to take on players with attitudes, and it cost them.  They saw the Jets pick up all these players and the Pats want to remain a clean cut program, and haven't won in a while!  Hey, let BB put his nazi culture ahead of the Pats by benching Welker and let Cro, LT, Holmes and Edwards score TD's and light up the Pats.  I hope the Pats front office learns something from this!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : If only it were that simple to explain.  Sorta like your Colts expecting Manning to score more and he doesn't.  I seem to recall there are 10 other players on the field with Manning/Brady and they can't do it alone.  I always laugh when critics blame a single player or even credit a single player for a loss/win.  In this game the Jets TEAM outplayed the Pats TEAM.  Plain and simple!
    Posted by agcsbill

Thats what I was told AGC.  Manning should have scored more.  Isn't Brady held to the same standard?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshilton. Show cshilton's posts

This was in the season numbers. The Pats offense was awesome all season but the Jets Defense was equally awesome. The big number is the Patriots 5820 total yds of offense to 5864 yds allows. The Jets offense wasn't as good with only 5616 yds but the big difference is that the Jets D only allowed 4664 yds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fjones99. Show fjones99's posts

the chung play was devastating and you would think after he saw it happen to ladanian tomlinson that he would beware.

brady was just inexplicably lackluster. where was the fire? the urgency? how could it go from everyone always being open (dec 6), to no one at all ever open?

i dont even have to mention the ball control drive that ate half of the 4th qtr. 14 plays to go 48 yards? are you kidding me? is this not a lose and go home playoff game?! while the jets had just scored in 2 minutes (thankfully), the pats ate clock on themselves! someone was asleep at the wheel. save clock in case something goes wrong, which it did!!!

btw, why were half of the passes thrown to crumpler? was aaron hernandez out? and this is not the time to make a point by sitting welker for a series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BK40. Show BK40's posts

Jets made plays.  Pats did not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : Nope.  Brady is held to a better standard, because he's better.
    Posted by NoHoldingCalls

Well then that performance was the biggest choke of the year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshilton. Show cshilton's posts

The Jets made one play. The J. Cotchery 50 yd play. Revis Island pretty much held up as Branch made no impact until it was too late. Jets win because they kept the score low and Brady isn't as good as he was at digging out wins late in the game. This has been true since the Superbowl against the Giants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtexx. Show rtexx's posts

I thought Brady was scared too, it was rather obvious. When it hasn't happened to you all season then it does, well..but you're a veteran quarterback now who should be able to deal with that. Outplayed by Sanchez in a playoff game, wow. Yes Brady should learn how to run, like Jay Cutler did today. I never once thought they couldn't lose, but I also never expected an entirely different team to show up. Part of that was due to the effort and play of the Jets, you have to give credit there for sure. I watched the Golden Globes, couldn't take it any more. I can only imagine the Ryan/Belichick handshake..awkward much?
    Posted by MrsS

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bane. Show bane's posts

WHEN I SEE BELICHICK WHO I THINK IS THE SHARPEST, WHEN I SEE HIM MAKE THESE LUDICROUS MOVES LIKE TRYING ON 4TH AND 2 ON HIS OWN 28, 2 MIN LEFT IN GAME UP 6 POINTS AND TRYING TODAY AT THAT POINT DOWN 7-3 JUST BEFORE THE HALF - I know he has other motives than winning that day!

patriots were deadmeat all game because he made it so. how about him down 10 points and running almost 10 minutes off the clock on a drive - a new way to tank a game. actually he used a few methods today- well done bill. well done that day in indy too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from truefaith. Show truefaith's posts

I thought the Patriots were done beating themselves.
    Interception by Brady, dropped passes by Branch, dropped passes by WELKER (!!), a fumble by Danny Woodhead (!!!), stupid penalties by Logan Mankins, missed tackles all over the field, a fake punt?...it just goes on and on.
    "Something just wasn't right" as one fan leaving Gillettte remarked tonight. I don't know about you, but I had that feeling the first time Brady touched the ball and it never left me until they finally lost. Who were those guys in the Patriots uniforms tonight? Not the team anyone was expecting to show up, that's for sure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmok. Show cosmok's posts

Wes Welker,  OPEN MOUTH, INSERT FOOT...  you little Turd...   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"The Patriot Way"   ONE AND DONE... freakin' losers...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adztheman. Show adztheman's posts

Just a thought...

...what if the Patriots still had Randy Moss in the lineup tonight?  There is no deep threat on the roster as there was when the season started..

The Jets ran the ball effectively all night..and there was little if any pressure on Sanchez during the game..and that made all the difference..the Jets controlled the ball, as they wanted, and made enough plays on defense to win tonight.

The Patriots need a Steven Jackson type runner, and don't have one..Whitehead is an interesting story, but he is not a feature back..there also has to be a serious look at whatever issues plague the offensive line..getting Brady sacked five times is not going to work in the post season..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamieGuilliami. Show JamieGuilliami's posts

Can the coach in role of Offensive coordinator

Fire the coach in the role of offensive coordinator.  Too many poor calls; but worst sin was not playing "hurry up" offense in the 4th quarter where they needed two scores.  not getting field goal team on field quick enough just before the 2 minute warning.  Saw Bill B. talking to the clown.  Probably should have canned him on the spot during the game.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nes. Show Nes's posts

Brady was terrible, nervous, unsure of himself and very indecisive. The play calling in the second half was without any urgency.  The Jets were more decisive but they didnt play that well either...however, they deserve the credit for at least playing to win.  BB and Brady let the team and the fans down in a big way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from philip.wheelock. Show philip.wheelock's posts

NYJets just played harder and made fewer mistakes; their defensive secondary found ways to defeat the Pats' short passing game over the middle. Once Sanchez got grooved, his passes were dead accurate. Jets were the better team today. I had to change the TV channel near the end; no way was I gonna watch the Jets do a victory dance at midfield.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklynF.D.N.Y.. Show BrooklynF.D.N.Y.'s posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : Nope.  Brady is held to a better standard, because he's better.
    Posted by NoHoldingCalls

UMMMM .... NO HE IS NOT

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickDesper. Show RickDesper's posts

The Pats were outcoached.  
    It's ludicrous that Pat Chung was the person deciding to fake a punt with less than 2 minutes in the first half in a position where the Pats could not afford to give away 40 yards of field position for free.
    We still need to learn what happened on the Cotchery 58-yard reception.  He was completely uncovered.
    The Pats had a lot of problems with the Jets' pass rush and really need help on the O-Line.  Having said that Brady's accuracy was way off and the interception was simply baffling.  
    The clock management in the 4th quarter was poor, and the playcalling was very suspect.

The Pats had the kinds of problems today that happen to a team that's used to being far ahead.  When they fell behind 14-3, they were totally rattled and didn't regain their composure for far too long.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kickassis. Show kickassis's posts

I'm the tubby guy in the bright red "Pat Pariot" tri-corner hat on the front page of this website/ newspaper. Not only am I totally devastated by this game, but in looking at myself in that picture, I mean really looking, I now understand what a pathetic loser I am, we all are. This is horrible. Happy MLK day, BTW.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BJH. Show BJH's posts

The Whole Team

I love this team, but they did not play well tonight. I think Brady starting off with an interception killed his confidence. That said, He threw a clear TD pass that was simply dropped. You cannot have that happen in the endzone.  

I support the 4th down try - players have to make those plays. Period.

What I have a problem with is scoring near the end to pull close only to have Sanchez throw a 58 yard bomb and score only moments later. All the shift in momentum - gained for the first time since the first possession of the game - gone in a vapor. Very bad place to lose your defensive edge against the pass.

Ultimately, I blame this game on the coaching. The Pats were slowly moving the ball down the field in the 4th quarter - down by 10 points - like all they needed was to score and run as much time off the clock as possible. That was the game. A huge coaching error. The play-calling particularly in the 4th quarter was simply horrendous. Honestly, I don't know how a coaching staff like this allows that to happen. It was too obvious that the minutes were melting away.  

All the Pats needed was just one of these errors back or a change-up in the play-calling and they would have escaped this very powerful Jets team that clearly came ready to play tonight. It is squarely our fault. The Jets were tough but very beatable. We beat ourselves. That's a hard reality to accept.

But: I love this team...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtexx. Show rtexx's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : EVERYONE and their uncle pointed to this D as being the potential demise for the Pats in these playoffs and it happened.  Lack of D-line pressure on Sanchez, the d-backs gave up big plays and too many 3rd down conversions, again!  The difference between the last few Pats teams and their SB winning teams have been the defenses they had.  As much as we love to see the Pats offense score, if they face a killer D who is hot in the game, and the Pats D is off, a big L looms!
    Posted by agcsbill

D actually gave up very few points of their own doing, when you consider the great field position that the Pats gave the Jets on miscues, poor punts/kicks, and failed off sides attempts.  It was the miscues, dropped passes, missed Jets penalties (at least two pass interference plays not called, if you review the game), poor decisions and inaccurate passing by Brady, weak, dumb o line play, dumb route running on several key occasions, and Brady's fear of getting hit and running the ball himself that led to this loss (in combo with the inexplicable calls and poor second half playing-from-behind O coaching decisions  and intelligent D by the Jets).  In reality, the Pats D played no more poorly than they have in many lopsided wins by the Pats this season.  It just looked worse because, in a play from behind, low scoring game like this, the D must be tops to help pull out a close game at the end.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rybo1. Show rybo1's posts

quite frankly, I thought the Pats had peaked and had a gut feeling the Jets would win. Over here in Sweden, I pick up WEEI and listen everyday for a bit. I couldn't believe all the bluster during the past few days, that it was a "given" that the Jets would lose.

Sections
Shortcuts