Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

Though I don’t approve how the players and media acted the whole week, turning the NFL into the WWF, the team played well and deserved to win and thank you again Brady for the great choking memories.  The Jets should come with a 14+ age rating to watch because if I had kids I wouldn’t let them watch athletes who conduct themselves like that

I am now rooting for the Jets or GB because I don’t want the Steelers to win.

Its going to be funny how the NY media (the jets biggest weapon) attack ben rapistburger this week. I bet the rape stories will be piling up. It’s the NYmedia way to disrespect athletes and team before big games. GO NEW YORK MEDIA! BEAT THE STEELERS let the roast on Rapistberger commence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jchris. Show jchris's posts

Brady looked like he was on quaaludes. What was going on ? When the PATs
    were behind the QB and offense just had no urgency. With the exception
    of Vince Wilfork the JEts won the game in the trenches . Their offensive and
    defensive lines dominated the  the game. And  as much as I hate to say it
    Ryan outcoached Belicheck . The bad news is the JETS owned the PATS
    yesterday the good news is 4 top draft picks nesx year.  Bill if your listening
    we need A PASS RUSH and some trash talkers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from highstreet. Show highstreet's posts

I'm just really sad to see a no class, trash talking team win.  Sets a bad example...  The Patriots had an off night - it happens to the best of them.  Look at the Saints and Indy.  Patriots are still awesome and had a great season.  My best non-professional guess - I think Brady was playing ill.  (He was inhaling something steamy from a cup before the game and just seemed out of character...)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Osteama. Show Osteama's posts

Hard to believe

The Patriots often run a no-huddle offense in the middle of a game; what happened to that in the fourth quarter?  Where was the sense of urgency?  I could not understand what was taking them so long to run their plays in the 4th quarter.  The Jets had to love that.  And what was with that fake punt at the end of the first half?  A lesser team needs to resort to those manuevers to get ahead, not the supposedly better team.  Terrible decision.

And as calm as Brady seemed to be during the Super Bowl years he seemed anything but calm against the Jets.  That first sack by Ellis in their first quarter?  He was barely touched, he looked like Tony Eason going down there.  And that INT?  BJGE didn't even put up his arms to catch the ball because it wasn't even close to him.  This game against the Jets, last year's fiasco in the playoffs against the Ravens, and the Super Bowl against the Giants?  3 terrible post-season games in a row for Tom Terrific.  It's pretty sad when Mark Sanchez looks like the better QB...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bamrod77. Show bamrod77's posts

Game was lost when Welker was sat down before the game's begining. The offense which at best has a delicate psyche was thrown off by Belichick's move and never recovered to think only of the game rather than the coach's decision.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rictob. Show rictob's posts

pro sports are fixed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trottier. Show trottier's posts

I am not mad they lost, and I wasnt surprised they did. I am shocked however, that they played so poorly. It was hard to watch, it was as if it was a lost cause from the begining. Out played, poor defense (awful defensive line), confused and erratic brady. I agree with some, time for a new coach, he has nothing to accomplish, yesterday he looked  lost. The team realy stunk, the quarterback looked very ordinary.  The Jets won, and  they deserved  the praise, the pats lost it and deserve all the scorn . The glory days are over. Life goes on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE]This is the happiest day. And I'm not even a jets fan. I woke up so refreshed. No more pansy brady to watch pout. No more cheating belichick to see. No more bad sportsmanship to endure. No more lack luster bandwagon fans to deal with (you did notice how they all left well before the game was over?)....At least until next year. Enjoy the break all!!!!
    Posted by peckslip[/QUOTE]

wow its amazing that morons like you exist out there. Yeah Brady and Belichick are really classless compared to those stand up jets. I can't believe the stupidty in America these days

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from facingreality. Show facingreality's posts

There were three plays that absolutely killed the Patriots: Brady's INT on the first drive, Crumpler's dropped TD on the second drive, and the botched fake punt right before the end of the first half. The potential points added to the Patriots and subtracted from the Jets from those three plays is the difference between winning and losing the game. It could have easily been a 10-10 score at half instead of 14-3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passinthru. Show passinthru's posts

[QUOTE]I think the real choke was when the Jests had first and ten at the Pats 12 and didn't score anything. I doubt a real pop gun offense would score 518 points in 16 games.  We did put up 45 on this group last month, after all.  Or did you all forget that?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    Keep telling yourself that.

Fact is, the Pats didn't do it when it really counts.   In January, during the playoffs.

When it really mattered, when it was all on the line, they choked.  Plain and simple.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotway. Show Patriotway's posts

Nothing much to say except Bill got outcoached again, the team got outplayed and it's starting to appear as if Brady is losing a little of that magic he used to have. This one was as tough for me to swallow as the 06' championship game against Indy and the 07' SB. I'm disgusted!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ringleader. Show ringleader's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe the last few years of postseason incompetence should teach the NE fans something:  The Pats haven't won a playoff game since the 18-1 season.  Maybe you should all stop acting like playoff wins are your birthright.  
    Posted by uhf[/QUOTE]

This is a ridiculous statement.  Yes, Pats fans are used to being in the playoffs and winning many of them.  There are plenty of players, coaches, owners and fans who'd love a chance to host a playoff game, even if they lose it, because they haven't had a sniff of post season play for a decade! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ringleader. Show ringleader's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just really sad to see a no class, trash talking team win.  Sets a bad example...  The Patriots had an off night - it happens to the best of them.  Look at the Saints and Indy.  Patriots are still awesome and had a great season.  My best non-professional guess - I think Brady was playing ill.  (He was inhaling something steamy from a cup before the game and just seemed out of character...)
    Posted by highstreet[/QUOTE]

You are right!  It can happen.  Brady WAS out of sorts....not one iota of the demostrative, sometimes yelling leader that we are used to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from divecp. Show divecp's posts

[QUOTE]Belichick's ego was the difference in this game - between Welker not being on the field for the first series and the STUPID fake punt, this could have been a very different game, but Bill had to assert his authority and genius instead of doing what was best to win the game.
    Posted by mkc00[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 100KisLowerMiddleClass. Show 100KisLowerMiddleClass's posts

Poor game plan - that Rex Ryan had figure out - based on the Jets defensive game plan.  Offensive Line was terrible (especially Matt Light - as usual). The rookies (McCourtey, Gronkowski, Herenedez, Spikes) learned that playoff football is a step up from regular season, Fake punt was panic move, poor clock management in 4th quarter, Defensive Line was poor to fair (with exception of Vince Wilfork).....oh well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from divecp. Show divecp's posts

Absolutely correct.

Did you see him chew out Chung after the play was over on the sidelines?

Just trying to blame execution when the decision was wrong in the 1st place.

-  Need to keep that title of "Greatest Coach in the History of the NFL"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

J  E  T  S   JETS! JETS! JETS! dont feel bad boston. you need to be reminded of who you are. and who better to do it than new york?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnobrien. Show johnobrien's posts

The Patriots played like their uniforms were weighed down with their press clippings.
    John O'Brien, Newtonville

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VABOSFAN. Show VABOSFAN's posts

Go Packers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from theeaglehaslanded. Show theeaglehaslanded's posts

[QUOTE]J  E  T  S   JETS! JETS! JETS! dont feel bad boston. you need to be reminded of who you are. and who better to do it than new york?
    Posted by johnnyboy9[/QUOTE]

Reminded of who we are, Johnnycakes...uh, I mean, Johnnyboy? Three-time Super Bowl champs last time I checked.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genglish. Show genglish's posts

Re: Lets put the season in perspective

This was supposed to be a 9-7 or 10-6 season at best. The start of rebuilding, completed with the 6 great draft choices available this year. They over performed and it was fun. Playoff intensity is an acquired skill. Rookies just don't have it. Defense is very weak - how many times did you hear that Cunningham, Spikes, Banta Cain, 3rd string linemen etc actually made a play? No pass rush at all. DB's covered well but need help. 
    Critical that they draft well this year and add a couple of veterans. If draft isn't top notch then replace those selecting the talent. Become a unit next season and then expect a SB the year after. Just wish we hadn't lost to the team from the cesspool of the east coast.
    Bradydog12

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VABOSFAN. Show VABOSFAN's posts

The Jets executed better in the end.  There were many opportunities to turn this one around and the Pats didn't do so.  Pats left 11 pts. on the field in the first half and came out in the second like it never happened.  The Jets stopped THEMSELVES after the interception return and all the Pats got out of it was a field goal.  Poor performance.   
    Many of this year's players were in their first playoff game.  Hopefully they learned something yesterday.  They have 7 months to think about it then its back to work.
    I don't want to see the Jets win the Super Bowl.  And I sure as hell don't want to see the Steelers win another one either.  I'm already rooting for the Packers to take it all.  They're the best team left, whatever that means anymore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishstyx. Show fishstyx's posts

It appears the Patriots were not only out coached but out played in every category.  Their heads were not in the game.  This is evident in the the 4th quarter.  Very disapointing to the fans of NE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from richedhard. Show richedhard's posts

Has anyone considered this: Jet's trash talk, get fired up and show up for the game with passion, energy and execution. Patriots get punished for a tongue-in-cheek comment, come out with little energy or execution and look and act like the robotons coach Beli wants. Hope you got what you wanted coach: how about a little talk and fire?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sumthinfishy1. Show sumthinfishy1's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Patriots fans.  It hard to win when you play by the rules.  Maybe you should go back to taping and cheating.  3 Superbowls before "Spygate".  ZERO AFTER
    Posted by AtomicMan[/QUOTE]
    hey atom ant why dont you look at the 100000.00 fine the jets got for tripping a player out of bounds, yeah you play bye the rules, only problem is rex makes them