Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE]maybe the offensive coordinator does stink
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

Hey, never come to Southie after you diss a man called O'Brien.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from divecp. Show divecp's posts

[QUOTE]The biggest mistake was BB's benching of Welker. BB's huge ego got in the way. That was negative energy that flowed throughout the Patriot team including the coaches. BB is NOWbad for this team. Players have to leave when they don't perform, why not the Coaches.
    Posted by larrykaplan2005[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnM. Show JohnM's posts

[QUOTE]Steelers have an opportunity to win their third superbowl since the Pats last won. Hmmmm....... I seriously doubt anyone is getting past Green Bay. Even if the Pats had won out in the AFC, Green Bay is the most complete team and has the best quarterback right now. I mean heck, the Packers almost throttled the Patriots a few weeks ago.
    Posted by Subcritical[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, the Patriots beat the Packers in that game.  What are you smoking?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yanksalwaysrule. Show yanksalwaysrule's posts

[QUOTE]I'm as disappointed as anyone. But, I'm not throwing Bill under the bus. No game plan overcomes bad play. One very visable example is of Mayo getting stiff armed on the touchdown run.Merriweather? was he there today? D made Sanchex look like Joe Montana,which he'll never be.  Recievers didn't show up to play today. Too many droped passes. Brady wasn't sharp at all. Still,the game could have been had. 14-2 is something to build on. Lots of picks in the draft this year. Future looks bright.  Go Steelers! (STILL HATE THE JETS AND HOPE THEY GET SMOKED NEXT WEEK)
    Posted by tk999[/QUOTE]

That's the thing - we don't hate the Patriots. The only action that counts is not coaches or players shooting off their mouths - it's on the field, dude. Hopefully you don't carry the sore loser attitude throughout the rest of your life - meditate a bit, drink some tea (not that Dunkin Donuts swill), reflect on that fact that you played second-rate today, have your wife wash the Pats jersey you slept in all season, turn your white ballcap around facing front, drive your car less aggressively, and just keep saying, "Well it's almost time for the Red Sox." I promise if you follow this regimen you will be all that you can be - Ok, only kidding - you're still a loser todayCool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bungara. Show bungara's posts

No Pass Rush

Everyone forgets that this was just a rebuilding year. The 14-2 season made us forget that. With all the rookies and second year guys on D, it is amazing that the season went as well as it did. With the draft picks this year and the addition of a pass rush, I can't wait for next season. Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks. Go Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dpiddy19. Show dpiddy19's posts

How about creating a law making it illegal to throw on #24 D Revis.  Best CB ever play the game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cintrone. Show cintrone's posts

Outcoached
    Outplayed
    Outhustled

As simple as that, fortunately we still have the Celtics on their quest for another championship.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakersRepeat. Show LakersRepeat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : Hey, never come to Southie after you diss a man called O'Brien.

GET OVER YOURSELF CHOWDER HEAD!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tribble. Show Tribble's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I didn't buy into the Pats having a lock on this, but I still thought they'd win.  The Jets pretty much dominated the game. The Patriots defense actually played pretty darn well, especially considering how much they were on the field, since the offense didn't do much. The offense, considered to be unstoppable, couldn't seem to get into a rythym, couldn't seem to string together enough good plays, and couldn't protect Tom Brady very well for the first 3 quarters. I still don't understand how the Jets stopped the Pats passing attack with 5 viable receivers - Hernandez, Gronkowski, Branch, Welker and Woodhead... but they did. All credit to the Jets.
    Posted by YankeeBoater[/QUOTE]

Five 'viable',  but no real star receiver - times like this you wonder why Moss wasn't paid. None of the above could could man up to being jammed...times like this you also recall Troy Brown. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jvc123. Show jvc123's posts

It looked like the Cleveland game.  It's hard pick any one specific thing that went wrong, because it seems like it was everything..... that is except for kicking and special teams which were solid. There was the weird punt thing that happened, but I don't think that was really a special teams problem.  What makes it worse is that the Jets made a lot of mistakes yet the Pats seemed to outmistake them.   Well, at the beginning of the season, I thought they might win 8 or 9 games and instead they won 14.  I can't really say I'm disappointed in the record.... but this playoff loss was tough.....  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Buzz99. Show Buzz99's posts

Can anyone say Blitz?  The Pats barely put any pressure on Sanchez. And look where Sanchez threw a majority of his completions.  5 yards over the middle.

The lack of urgency on the offense in the 4th Quarter has been mentioned by a lot of people this evening but the Defensive gameplan was unreal.  This was a pathetic performance by the D and the Defensive Coaching staff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedInNY. Show RedInNY's posts

I am a die hard Pats fan but the Pats were outcoached and outperformed. In a game where the Jets didn't turn the ball over, the failure to score on the opening drive while being stopped on that dramatic interception (despite Crumpler's incredible hustle and the subsequent defensive stand) and Patrick Chung's screw up on the fake punt, especially with the right side of the field wide open at that moment (and the likely14-point turnaround when Jets then scored the TD to make it 14-3) together with the inability of the coaching staff to solve the Jets defense after puling within 14-11 were the difference.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Execaccess. Show Execaccess's posts

I agree. Choke by the coach, bad play calling, bad decision making and what's up with him "punishing" Welker by benching at first. This is a playoff game dammit!
    [QUOTE]CHOKE!
    Posted by throwthemout[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

The Jets stopped the momentum w/Cocherey's 50 yrd catch and run and quick answering TD to the Patriots score and 2 pt conversion. If the D could have held we might have one, but they just got beat. Jets played a better game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AtomicMan. Show AtomicMan's posts

Hey Patriots fans.  It hard to win when you play by the rules.  Maybe you should go back to taping and cheating.  3 Superbowls before "Spygate".  ZERO AFTER

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

[QUOTE] How about creating a law making it illegal to throw on #24 D Revis.  Best CB ever play the game
    Posted by dpiddy19[/QUOTE]

I wonder how good he would be if they would flag him when guilty of illegal contact, which is just about every play.  He'd probably have to play off like everyone else and probably wouldn't be the best CB ever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ckay77. Show Ckay77's posts

Why all the hand wringing and attempt to disect the play calling? The lack of urgency on the drive. I am a Michigan fan, who became a Pats fan w/ Tom Brady (but, I own all their DVDs and have followed them w/ rabid devotion, since they made Brady the QB) "It was tough to be a Lions fan during the Millen years" I digress, but, true Pat fans should Know better than anyone...IT COMES DOWN TO PLAYS...The Jets made them and the Pats did not...go back and look at 3 games to glory II and III and look at those teams...They didn't overwhelm anybody, they made plays...to win ball games.  Today, the Pats had more miscues than good plays and the Jets made no mistakes (other than a missed FG) and made some great plays. Holmes and Edwards' TD are prime examples...I personally, would not have ran the fake punt, but, it was wide open and Chung just dropped the ball.  Who knows what kind of momentum they get from that.  Brady throws a 2 yd pass, when time is and issue... (right before the FG) and Mankins gets a PF penalty...when they are fighting to get into FG range...these are not winning plays...The Pats are doing something most fans are envious of...They are legit contenders even when they are actually rebuilding.  I am Pi$$ed don't get me wrong...but, some of these fans remind me of Red Wing fans...live in reality...it is very, very difficult to have a shot year, after year, after year. For all the talking the Jets are doing and will do...I suspect they will lose next week...nobody runs on the steelers and their whole offense relies on running the ball...That will leave Loud Mouth Rex in the same positon as he was last year...Which is nowhere. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

The Pats O-Line had a great season, until tonight.  Shades of the last Super Bowl. That got pushed around big time. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakersRepeat. Show LakersRepeat's posts

[QUOTE]I agree. Choke by the coach, bad play calling, bad decision making and what's up with him "punishing" Welker by benching at first. This is a playoff game dammit! In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them :
    Posted by Execaccess[/QUOTE]

WW fair caught the first punt - some benching Pat already had a first down when he got into the offense.  The bigger issues were the fake punt call LATE in Q2 and the great coverage played by the Jets secondary

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kickassis. Show kickassis's posts

Can I buy a pint of Brady's tears? I'd like to use the precious liquid at my grow operation in Duxbury...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from iihito. Show iihito's posts

The NY Jets and their rotund big mouthed coach outplayed the Patriots today.  In every phase of the game the Pats were humbled.  The Jets talked trash and backed it up sorry to say.  I hope the Steelers kick their green derrieres next week!  The Blob outcoached BB in every phase of the game!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from greensox. Show greensox's posts

Exactly,once again likelast year the team looked disinterested showed no fight no emotion Brady played scared hey you know if he runs on a couple of  those times when he had 15 minutes back there he changes the way the jets play "D" he was ready to fall down with nobody around him...its ashame poor coaching as well...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Patriots fans.  It hard to win when you play by the rules.  Maybe you should go back to taping and cheating.  3 Superbowls before "Spygate".  ZERO AFTER
    Posted by AtomicMan[/QUOTE]

Actually 3.1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakersRepeat. Show LakersRepeat's posts

[QUOTE]Why all the hand wringing and attempt to disect the play calling? The lack of urgency on the drive. I am a Michigan fan, who became a Pats fan w/ Tom Brady (but, I own all their DVDs and have followed them w/ rabid devotion, since they made Brady the QB) "It was tough to be a Lions fan during the Millen years" I digress, but, true Pat fans should Know better than anyone...IT COMES DOWN TO PLAYS...The Jets made them and the Pats did not...go back and look at 3 games to glory II and III and look at those teams...They didn't overwhelm anybody, they made plays...to win ball games.  Today, the Pats had more miscues than good plays and the Jets made no mistakes (other than a missed FG) and made some great plays. Holmes and Edwards' TD are prime examples...I personally, would not have ran the fake punt, but, it was wide open and Chung just dropped the ball.  Who knows what kind of momentum they get from that.  Brady throws a 2 yd pass, when time is and issue... (right before the FG) and Mankins gets a PF penalty...when they are fighting to get into FG range...these are not winning plays...The Pats are doing something most fans are envious of...They are legit contenders even when they are actually rebuilding.  I am Pi$$ed don't get me wrong...but, some of these fans remind me of Red Wing fans...live in reality...it is very, very difficult to have a shot year, after year, after year. For all the talking the Jets are doing and will do...I suspect they will lose next week...nobody runs on the steelers and their whole offense relies on running the ball...That will leave Loud Mouth Rex in the same positon as he was last year...Which is nowhere. 
    Posted by Ckay77[/QUOTE]

And they got the extremely benefical "tuck rule" call that playoff game