Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gadfly. Show gadfly's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    Maybe Belecheat isn't as good without the illegal video
    Posted by epper

Looks like Rex Ryan had to cheat by having all his guys come up lame on D to slow down the Patriots attack.

Now the Jets deserved to win as they outplayed the Pats but what's with all those fake injuries?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cthulhu-and-Friends. Show Cthulhu-and-Friends's posts

Sad choke loss....

Jets did play slimey though. That guy getting "medical attention" while the Pats started to speed up into the hurry up offense?? That was effective, if not slimey...

Pats D looked weak. I don't think Troy Polumalu, Ike Taylor, Harrison or anyone else on the Steelers D is going to let that happen next week. Jets will get bruised and battered in the Burgh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonHarmony. Show BostonHarmony's posts

You are right on target!  Amazingly stupid decisons by Belichick and his assistants.  There is a theme here:  No new thinking is allowed.  Does anyone remember the defensive coach who was here last year but not allowed to do anything?  He is currenty coaching the Packers defense and about to win the Super Bowl next month.  Has anyone noticed that?  That is the arrogance that is killing us.  That same uninspiring arrogance that made Welker sit on the bench last night.  That same arrogance that "trades down for value" in the drafts and passes by Chris Mathews for Butler. That same team killing arrogance that is destroying our team, our public perception, and the future of this franchise.  Mr. Kraft, the time has come for some fresh leadership across the board.  Belichick's brain has more questions than answers now.  Let's face it.
    Posted by TruePat44

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicholsbisons. Show nicholsbisons's posts

Live now in NM, but grew up in Greenfield, MA, and have to say that the JETS outplayed & outcoached the PATS.  Outcoached for sure, especially in the 4th quarter when Brady slowly, very slowly (was behind by 10 points), using none of the no huddle offense, and acting like they were only behind by one score, chewed up valuable minutes and ended in with zero points.  To me, that was the biggest backfire of the coaching day by Belichick!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asimplename. Show asimplename's posts

Maybe the last few years of postseason incompetence should teach the NE fans something:  The Pats haven't won a playoff game since the 18-1 season.  Maybe you should all stop acting like playoff wins are your birthright.  
    Posted by uhf

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asimplename. Show asimplename's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them :
    Posted by asimplename

Unfortunately, this is dead on.  Boston/New England sports fans have grown insanely spoiled in the past 10 years and the hubris they regularly demonstrate is embarrassing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : Looks like Rex Ryan had to cheat by having all his guys come up lame on D to slow down the Patriots attack. Now the Jets deserved to win as they outplayed the Pats but what's with all those fake injuries?
    Posted by gadfly

Memo to flyboy:  BB invented this tactic.  Look it up.  First used when fat, out of shape and gassed Willie McGinnest faked it while the Colts were running the ball down your throats in the RCA dome in the regular season game in 2004.  You losers called it gamesmanship...just like the snowblower, the tuck rule, molesting receivers WAY past five yards and spygate.

You got gamed and you lost.  Wahhh! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from daooolranger. Show daooolranger's posts

Why the same heading on all the "post"?

If I were a Pats fan I'd be P---ed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griz4Pats. Show Griz4Pats's posts

I was appalled at the lack of mobility by Brady....WTH Tom, that was the most prima-donna show I have ever seen!? And the dropped passes by Crumpler & Branch.....ugh!! Did you all go out on a bender Saturday night, because NONE of you were jacked up and ready to play. All I saw was the tops of your heads in your parkas sitting on the bench whining, it was pathetic!  And where was the Coach, not barking at them to stand up and get their helmets on! I have seen more enthusiasm from a group of pee-wee football players!   It was a total lack of spirit, and a total let down to watch.  Sad. Kudos to Welker & Woody, they took their lumps and still managed to put out some numbers!  It's going to be a long 9-months, listening to the comparison of Brady to Manning....yuck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from daooolranger. Show daooolranger's posts

Hey Cthullu-and-Friends ---  Jets ALREADY beat thePottsburg Stolers!

Guess we'll just have to do it again.

Really, there's an awful lot of negitivity up there in Patstown. You guys had a great season, probably  one of the three tpo QBs in the game and a great coach plus all those draft picks coming up.

I'm an old Titans/ Jets fan living in Florida and root for the TB Lightning and Jax Jags so I know lean times.
    Wish I was sitting here lamenting the Jaguars 2nd round playoff loss, Get it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LCDRFlapjack. Show LCDRFlapjack's posts

In Response to Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    Wow. Props to the Jets for walking the walk. The Pats just plain out got beat today by the better team. Brady never got into it and neither did the coach. Poorly run offensive plays. No heat. Not ready for the playoffs. No second half adjustments. What a waste of a productive year. Com'on Pitt. But having said that, good win for the Jets.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Agreed!  The Patriots are not unbeatable and have not been since their Giant Super Bowl loss. Deal with it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from noname49. Show noname49's posts

Vibes-the Patriots didn't have good vibes. Brady threw the interception and got sacked. Whether he admits it or not, it affected his ability. Welker on the bench? It certainly did affect the team's morale. I turned the game off at the half knowing full well the Jets would win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bane. Show bane's posts

these games come down to or are determined by a few plays - thats all!

and yesterday the biggest one was the insane attempt to try that fake punt. even if they succeeded it only would have put the ball on pats 43 or so yardline with 1:40 left in the half. and patriots were getting the ball to open the 2nd half. if the attempt failed jets might stretch the 7-3 lead to 14-3 which to me sounds like you have everything to lose and nothing to gain if you try that play there.

sure sanchez looked great - BELICHICK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A COUPLE OF PLAYS AT THE START OF THE 2ND HALF REFUSED TO PRESSURE HIM. The same belichick who benched welker for the first series for joking about ryan's foot fetish. the same belichick who ran a 4th quarter 10 minute drive while down 10 points, the same belichick who down a td 1:40 left in game with 2 timeouts and jets hands team out there refused to kickoff deep, the same belichick who up 6 points vs indy 2 min left 4th and 2 went for it.

patriots were in the tank.

do you remember mike holovak pats coach trying last second field goal down like 16-0 and making it to beat the spread?

what do the rooney, mara and bidwell families have in common?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turn02. Show Turn02's posts

Last night proved that if you put a little bit of pressure on Brady, he folds like a cheap suit.  Giants did it in 2007....Jets in 2011. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from daooolranger. Show daooolranger's posts

BANE--

I'll bite, what do they have in common?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turn02. Show Turn02's posts

Sad choke loss.... Jets did play slimey though. That guy getting "medical attention" while the Pats started to speed up into the hurry up offense?? That was effective, if not slimey... Pats D looked weak. I don't think Troy Polumalu, Ike Taylor, Harrison or anyone else on the Steelers D is going to let that happen next week. Jets will get bruised and battered in the Burgh.
    Posted by Cthulhu-and-Friends

Right...slimey!  Just like taping another teams practices. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m47131. Show m47131's posts

I still can't believe it. I live in Rochester, NY, diehard Bills fan and was rooting for the Pats. I hate the Jets, can't stand them. Not a Pats fan either but have lots of respect for Belichick, Brady and the entire Patriots organization. I love how they play the game.

Yesterday's performance was inexcusable for the Patriots. No pressure on Sanchez, couldn't stop the run and no adjustments on offense. I am completley baffled why there were no adjustments in the patriot offense in the second half. The amount of pressure Brady was under and no adjustments????

The entire New England defense also deserves to be in the dog house, making the game within reach when it's 14 - 11, you gotta come up with a stop! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinger1. Show stinger1's posts

A thought re: Welker, whom we all love and admire;  the Belichick mantra should be pasted on the wall for all to see:

"When you lose, say very little.  When you win, say less."

Next year, the cornerbacks and defensive backs in general, should be smarter.  Everything looks good for next year.  Let's start next year by refraining from ANY on-field celebrating  for the fans. Instead, congratulate and support each other. No more chest-pounding and cake-walking after touchdowns or isolated plays.  That's what you are paid to do. It doesn't do anyone any good.  We can see you.  We don't need signal flares.  Celebrate like hell after the Super Bowl win in 2012.

Before that, keep your comments civil, complementary and scarce.  And remember this game (as if you could possibly forget !)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kj8008. Show kj8008's posts

I think the real choke was when the Jests had first and ten at the Pats 12 and didn't score anything. I doubt a real pop gun offense would score 518 points in 16 games.  We did put up 45 on this group last month, after all.  Or did you all forget that?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

And..none of that matters. Good teams lose. Jets won two out of three, this game being the most important. BTW - The Pats had to settle for a field goal - they couldn't get a TD when they were in the red zone for the first time. That was their only lead EVER in that game. Admit it - the Pats got beat. Boston loves it when the Yankees runs end, why can't you accept the same for Pats. Stop crying.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kibbe. Show kibbe's posts

what was tom on before the game suffing cup

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bane. Show bane's posts

BANE--   I'll bite, what do they have in common?
    Posted by daooolranger

all were well known bookmakers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOLAbadger. Show NOLAbadger's posts

For the record, I'm not a Jets fan--I'm not even that interested in the AFC.

All of this talk about how the Jets lack class--the Pats have always come across as an arrogant franchise, making them almost impossible to root for if you're not a native-born New Englander.  Instances where Belichick dodged shaking hands with opposing coaches after losses, Brady's infantile pouting (the famous "Brady face") and snapping at his teammates when things aren't going well, and the smug "we're just THAT good" attitude when when they win all mark the Pats as the football equivalent of the Omegas in Animal House.  The fact that Boston fans could embrace the 2004 Sox in all of their scrappy, individualistic, and unshaven glory and support the most "corporate" franchise on earth every fall is beyond me. 

I even feel a bit bad for Rex Ryan.  Something embarrassing and personal leaks from his private life and Boston talk radio has a field day taunting the man over it--real classy.  I figure that Ryan's extracurricular activities are his own business, and while Boston's fanbase sniggered like gradeschoolers about feet, the Jets planted their foot somewhere that the Pats found quite uncomfortable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from liam7barr. Show liam7barr's posts

MISSING: 2010 New England Patriots

Were to report to Gillette Stadium on Sunday, January 16, 2011 but did not show.

Please call Robert Kraft if you have any information.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

Why is it so difficult for Pats fans to admit their team a an old fashioned butt whipping yesterday and the better team (yesterday) won?

The game was never as close as the final score might indicate.  It was the world against the Jets in this game and the world lost!

Have a nice winter Pats fans.

Warmly!

Rex Ryan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

Sad choke loss.... Jets did play slimey though. That guy getting "medical attention" while the Pats started to speed up into the hurry up offense?? That was effective, if not slimey... Pats D looked weak. I don't think Troy Polumalu, Ike Taylor, Harrison or anyone else on the Steelers D is going to let that happen next week. Jets will get bruised and battered in the Burgh.
    Posted by Cthulhu-and-Friends

Do you really think that ONE play was the cause for the Pats' loss?  Now you Pats fans are really grasping for straws indeed!  No, actually, they lost because Welker didn't play the first offensive series ... please, stop crying and admit your team lost to the better team that day!  I guess all loser Pats fans are now suddenly Steeler fans?  How convenient.  What happens when we beat the Steelers?  Do you now become NFC fans?

Sections
Shortcuts