Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icebird753. Show icebird753's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! The Jets kicked (get the cheesy joke you guys have been overusing?) @$$ today!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballphan. Show baseballphan's posts

WHEN A BOSTON TEAM PLAYS A NEW YORK TEAM IN ANY SPORT,WE MOSTLY CHOKE AND LOSE...AN OBSERVATION.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wankette. Show wankette's posts

Tough game, and I give the Jets their due and the Pats fans my sympathy.  Now, as a Chiefs homer, I will go back home & tell my team's haters that KC isn't the only no-real-home-field-advantage gang.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from barneydog. Show barneydog's posts

Pats have looked pathetic the last two years in the playoffs.They were overrated because of the 14-2 record.I saw this coming all week and I am a Pats fan but you have to look in the mirror and realize good teams are not scared to come into your house in the postseason. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HartfordsFinest. Show HartfordsFinest's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE]I think the real choke was when the Jests had first and ten at the Pats 12 and didn't score anything. I doubt a real pop gun offense would score 518 points in 16 games.  We did put up 45 on this group last month, after all.  Or did you all forget that?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the real choke. Keep telling yourself that pal. Notice the scoreboard at the end of the game? Last month was last month. Keep holding on to that memory because it's all you've got left now! 
    BWA-HA-HA!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikejohnson. Show mrmikejohnson's posts

Merriwhether, McCourty, and Mayo have to be the worst pro-bowlers at their position ever.  EVER.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgriffel. Show jgriffel's posts

Smell it... smell it! NOQ TAKE IT!!!
    - Zohan

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

I gave the Patriots a slight advantage in this game and I am saddened by their loss, but it is only a game and there is always next year. The Jets have a very good defense and they played well enough to win. Their coach had them ready to play a physical football game. Hats off to them and I wish them success through the remaining post-season play.
    Analysis: This game was lost by a failure of the Patriots to score from the red zone (2 out of 4 attempts) and the offensive line's inability to protect Tom Brady (5 sacks, 7 QB hits). They also struggled in their third down efficiency converting on only 36% of their attempts (the Jets converted 46% of third down situations). They actually outplayed the Jets in moving the ball. In a few plays their inexperience showed on the defensive side of the ball and the Jets were able to score on 4 of 5 attempts from the red zone. I believe the Jets also enjoyed field position advantage. Regardless of other miscues, if not for the Brady interception and the dropped TD pass the game may have been won by the Patriots.
    Observations: The Patriots are in the second year of rebuilding their team. They had a very good draft for 2010 and the defense improved substantially from the prior year. There are several positions that need improvement: Defensive End, Outside Linebacker, Corner, Safety, Offensive Guard, Offensive Tackle, Wide Receiver. All of these positions should be addressed in the 2011 draft and offseason moves, since the Patriots have an adequate number of draft choices to enhance their standing. This year showed better than expected player development from the 2010 class. From an on-the-field player perspective the future looks good.
    Also, the Patriots need a better offensive coordinator, as well as an offensive line and running back coaching replacements.
    Summary: Hats off to the 2010 Patriots for giving us a 14-2 regular season and an AFC East Division Championship during rebuilding the team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Jets roster is stacked because the Jets have sucked for the past 40 years and they have been able to fill their roster with high draft picks..
      Because they sucked for so long other teams around the league do not over bid for Jets free agents. ....
     New England has to pick at the bottom of the draft order every year plus they have to overpay for their own free agents because every other team wants a few ex-patriots on their roster to boost fan moral.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgriffel. Show jgriffel's posts

Smell it... smell it! NOW TAKE IT!!!
    -Zohan

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icebird753. Show icebird753's posts

Wow I love Bob Ryan--he was spot on, amazing predictions from him. Brady gave up the big INT Ryan was afraid about, and he was afraid of the Jets doing some sort of damage in NE. Kudos to Ryan. ♥

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsnapper. Show redsnapper's posts

Suddenly this 14-2 record seems all-for-nothing.
    1. WR's couldn't get open
    2. Poor offensive play calling and adjustments
    3. Not enough pressure on Jets QB
    4. Poor LB coverage in middle on Jets WR/TE's
    5. Can Tom Brady run the ball on a coverage tight play...just once? It's the playoffs!
    6. Does the bye hurt us more than help?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

[QUOTE]Belicheat got out coached by REX
    Posted by ryan_rocks[/QUOTE]
    Belichick 3 SB Trophies, Rex 0.

/Thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

[QUOTE]Merriwhether, McCourty, and Mayo have to be the worst pro-bowlers at their position ever.  EVER.
    Posted by mrmikejohnson[/QUOTE]
    They are young. Mayo is NASTY.  McCourty could be defensive player of the year.  Get a clue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I thought the Jets played a brilliant game on defense. They blanketed at times the receivers, took Hernandez basically out of the game, contained the Pats running game and got much pressure on Brady. They did what not many teams were able to do this year.
    THat said, I put this loss squarely on the back of BB, O'Brien and Brady. Brady after the interception seemed completely off. He had no energy, his timing as not good, and he seemed to be out of step with his receivers. BB for making some bonehead calls like that miffed fake punt and O'Brien for burning 7 minutes off teh clock in teh 4th quarter with no points to show for it.
    As good as Brady is, he has absolutely no mobility. I got to think if he had at least a decent set of legs, he would have tucked the ball and run on the Jets defense all night long. God knows he had plenty of room to do it. A mobile quarterback makes the Jets defense honest at least. It's pretty easy to drop 9 back when you don't have to respect Brady running at all.

As good as this season was, as most of us did not expect a 14-2 finish, I hope BB, TB and everyone in that organiztion reflects on the last 3 playoff loses and comes to some conclusion as to how to improve this team. We were out coached, out playcalled and out played in all 3 phases of this game tonight. This is not what the Pats are supposed to be about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opiefred. Show Opiefred's posts

So, wait................somebody help me with this.

How many Super Bowl rings does Belicheat have since he got caught cheating?

Lemme see.......add three, divide by two, multpily by four....

oh yeah..............NONE!!!!!!!!!

Freakin cheaters.

And "Coming Up Short" Part II?

The Red Sux.

That's going to be the best thing about the 2011 baseball season. You morons think you have it locked up before the first pitch. Can't wait to see your whiney, little girl posts on here when they come up short.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC_fan_4ever. Show NYC_fan_4ever's posts

[QUOTE]see this is what blows my mind. Jets trolls coming on here and talking smack like immature little 5 year olds after a tee ball victory. this thread was clearly acknowledging you guys played better and coached better. the pats got outplayed plain and simple. i know it's rare for you jets fans to experience victory in the playoffs, but try to take it in maturely and act like you've been there before
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

Oh, wait this was supposed to be a thread acknowledging we played better but it's titled "Are you kidding me?" Pardon us if we don't quite take that as a huge compliment. You see that's the problem right there. Many fans and sportscasters were shocked at the win because of course there was NO WAY the Jets were supposed to win. Especially after that whooping we took several weeks ago. I remember thinking wow that was embarrassing but at the same time it was a wake up call we needed. The Jets and more importantly Rex Ryan may trash talk but the Pats have this subtle way of throwing digs at the Jets in a underhanded way. This win was nice but it won't mean much unless we go all the way. Everything is not all about the PATS. Get over yourselves, like seriously!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcbiggie. Show gcbiggie's posts

Comments are now heating up about Belichick's future with the Patriots.  I think the Kraft family loves him way too much.  What was the most obvious difference between this 14-2 team and the 2003 & 2004 14-2 teams?  Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel.  Belichick can't do this on his own anymore, that's for damn sure.  There has to be more brain behind the Motorola headsets.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklynF.D.N.Y.. Show BrooklynF.D.N.Y.'s posts

[QUOTE] The Jets roster is stacked because the Jets have sucked for the past 40 years and they have been able to fill their roster with high draft picks..   Because they sucked for so long other teams around the league do not over bid for Jets free agents. ....  New England has to pick at the bottom of the draft order every year plus they have to overpay for their own free agents because every other team wants a few ex-patriots on their roster to boost fan moral.     
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]
    Do you even remember when the Pats were the laughingstock of  Football. Everything is Cyclical

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheezwhiz. Show cheezwhiz's posts

They peaked too soon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adzm. Show adzm's posts

Instead of interception in the 1Q, if pats had a touch down, the game would have been different. Dfense did a good job, but the offense was lacking confidence and good execution plays.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheezwhiz. Show cheezwhiz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : Do you even remember when the Pats were the laughingstock of  Football. Everything is Cyclical
    Posted by BrooklynF.D.N.Y.[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from d-st. Show d-st's posts

Patriots have no pass rush.  The Patriots have not been able to win superbowls or go far in the playoffs since they lost their pass rush.  When Slade and McGinest left the team, the Patriots no longer have a pass rush.  Patriots need to draft or trade for a quality defensive end.  Patriots had a history of having great defensive ends.  Why doesn't Belichick get a defensive end instead of wasting the draft picks?  If the Patriots continue not to have a pass rush, they will never win a superbowl again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from d-st. Show d-st's posts

Patriots have no pass rush.  The Patriots have not been able to win superbowls or go far in the playoffs since they lost their pass rush.  When Slade and McGinest left the team, the Patriots no longer have a pass rush.  Patriots need to draft or trade for a quality defensive end.  Patriots had a history of having great defensive ends.  Why doesn't Belichick get a defensive end instead of wasting the draft picks?  If the Patriots continue not to have a pass rush, they will never win a superbowl again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklynF.D.N.Y.. Show BrooklynF.D.N.Y.'s posts

[QUOTE]Instead of interception in the 1Q, if pats had a touch down, the game would have been different. Dfense did a good job, but the offense was lacking confidence and good execution plays.
    Posted by adzm[/QUOTE]

IF the Queen had BALLS , She'd be KING

Sections
Shortcuts