Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bane. Show bane's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    Why is it so difficult for Pats fans to admit their team a an old fashioned butt whipping yesterday and the better team (yesterday) won? The game was never as close as the final score might indicate.  It was the world against the Jets in this game and the world lost! Have a nice winter Pats fans. Warmly! Rex Ryan
    Posted by Feet-Lover

the 7-3 game for the first 28 and a half minutes was completely turned on its head by the one insane play belichick allowed to occur - the fake punt which would have got the patriots nothing even if they succeeded.

and it worked as well as the one in indy, up 6 points, 2 min left in the game, 4th and 2 on your own 28 yardline.

and belichick got the job done both times!

and that job was not trying to win the game but to win something else!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingliar. Show kingliar's posts

I was convinced the Jets secondary, which specilializes in shutting down opp WR's w/ Reevis and Cromartie [ at least sometimes] would struggle to control the NE TE's, Welker and Woodhead coing out of the backfeild. The rookie TE's accounted for 15TDs in the regular season and Welker is money.
              Not quite. Ryan called a near perfect game and they sacked Brady 5x w/ a minimum of blitzes. 
             The results certainly point towards what the Pats need in the draft, more size in the secondary, beter pass coverage from certain LB's and a pass rush. As they have over 300 picks in the first two rounds they should be able to resolve these deficiencies.
             The Steelers HAVE a pass rush, handled Flacco and held the Ravens to under 40 rushing yards; the Jets run ends next week. And the Packers take it all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from daooolranger. Show daooolranger's posts

Please, Please fire BB

Signed, Fanjet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImaLittleteacup. Show ImaLittleteacup's posts

Well, I've not much new to add to the raging angst over that debacle. I give props to the Jets for at least coming to play and a brick to the Pats for that totally spiritless performance. The more prepared team on the field last night won the game.

As expected there's a modest influx of morons on all the discussion boards trying to tie the Pats recent lackluster playoff performance to the old spygate BS.  Did the Pats get that record this year by taping? Did they run the tables before the SB a few years ago with taping? Of course not. They earned it.  And they failed to earn wins in the post-season recently. 

It's sad for sports in general when a team that behaves like the Jets manages to win.  But that's real life; the good guys do not always win and the a-holes often succeed.  It's up to the class teams like the Pats to play to win...and they failed to do so last night.  I was proud of the discipline they showed during the week, especially when goaded by that blowhard, Tubby Taping Toes coach and then even more horrendously by that slobbering, screeching Bart Scott. But they did not bring that discipline to the game. And thats a shame.

I normally would root for any team that defeats my team in the playoffs, because - Hell- if they win we look a little better at least. Not this time. I cannot in good conscience wish the Jets to win because their behavior makes them unworthy and a disgrace to the game.  New York City and Northern Jersey must be so proud....

Let's hope the Steelers do the job that the Patriots abdicated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

Re: Typical Boston/New England fans

When the Red Sox lose ...... wahhhh, wahhh, wahhh
    When the Pats lose ...... wahhh, wahhh, wahhh
    When the Celtics lose ..... wahhhh, wahhhh, wahhh
    When the Bruins lose ..... wahhhh, wahhhh, wahhh

Boy, that 45-3 win just a month ago seems so distant now, huh? 

Bottom line is this - when you had to win (yesterday) you CHOKED as the Pats for done for 3 years now!

Lick my feet!

Rex Ryan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

I still can't believe it. I live in Rochester, NY, diehard Bills fan and was rooting for the Pats. I hate the Jets, can't stand them. Not a Pats fan either but have lots of respect for Belichick, Brady and the entire Patriots organization. I love how they play the game. Yesterday's performance was inexcusable for the Patriots. No pressure on Sanchez, couldn't stop the run and no adjustments on offense. I am completley baffled why there were no adjustments in the patriot offense in the second half. The amount of pressure Brady was under and no adjustments???? The entire New England defense also deserves to be in the dog house, making the game within reach when it's 14 - 11, you gotta come up with a stop! 
    Posted by m47131

I would easily root for the Bills over either the Jets OR the Pats, but my favorite team is the Colts and my second favorite is whomever is playing the Pats.  I feel the same way about them as you do the Jets.  I think yesterday's speech by Dennis Byrd before kickoff will go down in history as a significant moment in pro football.  I don't think the Pats had a chance after that.  The Jets were on a mission and the Pats were still basking in Tommy's Justin Bieber immitation and the obvious anomally on that weird Monday Night in December.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanshep. Show seanshep's posts

I think the real choke was when the Jests had first and ten at the Pats 12 and didn't score anything. I doubt a real pop gun offense would score 518 points in 16 games.  We did put up 45 on this group last month, after all.  Or did you all forget that?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

Well, I've not much new to add to the raging angst over that debacle. I give props to the Jets for at least coming to play and a brick to the Pats for that totally spiritless performance. The more prepared team on the field last night won the game. As expected there's a modest influx of morons on all the discussion boards trying to tie the Pats recent lackluster playoff performance to the old spygate BS.  Did the Pats get that record this year by taping? Did they run the tables before the SB a few years ago with taping? Of course not. They earned it.  And they failed to earn wins in the post-season recently.  It's sad for sports in general when a team that behaves like the Jets manages to win.  But that's real life; the good guys do not always win and the a-holes often succeed.  It's up to the class teams like the Pats to play to win...and they failed to do so last night.  I was proud of the discipline they showed during the week, especially when goaded by that blowhard, Tubby Taping Toes coach and then even more horrendously by that slobbering, screeching Bart Scott. But they did not bring that discipline to the game. And thats a shame. I normally would root for any team that defeats my team in the playoffs, because - Hell- if they win we look a little better at least. Not this time. I cannot in good conscience wish the Jets to win because their behavior makes them unworthy and a disgrace to the game.  New York City and Northern Jersey must be so proud.... Let's hope the Steelers do the job that the Patriots abdicated.
    Posted by ImaLittleteacup

Wahhhhh .... wahhhhhhh .... wahhhh .... do you want a Kleenex to cry into?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

For the record, I'm not a Jets fan--I'm not even that interested in the AFC. All of this talk about how the Jets lack class--the Pats have always come across as an arrogant franchise, making them almost impossible to root for if you're not a native-born New Englander.  Instances where Belichick dodged shaking hands with opposing coaches after losses, Brady's infantile pouting (the famous "Brady face") and snapping at his teammates when things aren't going well, and the smug "we're just THAT good" attitude when when they win all mark the Pats as the football equivalent of the Omegas in Animal House.  The fact that Boston fans could embrace the 2004 Sox in all of their scrappy, individualistic, and unshaven glory and support the most "corporate" franchise on earth every fall is beyond me.  I even feel a bit bad for Rex Ryan.  Something embarrassing and personal leaks from his private life and Boston talk radio has a field day taunting the man over it--real classy.  I figure that Ryan's extracurricular activities are his own business, and while Boston's fanbase sniggered like gradeschoolers about feet, the Jets planted their foot somewhere that the Pats found quite uncomfortable.
    Posted by NOLAbadger

Gee NOLA, tell us how you really feel - lol.  But, Rex Ryan himself posted the videos.  If he wanted privacy or to protect "his own business" perhaps he should have engaged his brain before engaging a video camera and computer.  And if you think he got his chops busted by Boston's fanbase exclusively, you're mistaken - I got friends all over the country/fans of other teams cracking jokes as well.  But, he coached his team into laying the smack down on us, so the guy deserves props. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nevermind. Show nevermind's posts

Pathetic.
    Toss up between Brady and Belichek of who was smaller in a big playoff game against a major rival.
    Ryan ate both of their lunches yesterday.
    "best coach ever" runs one of the worst 4th quarters you will ever see.
    Another lost season one and done.
    Giants took it to Bill during imperfect season.
    Now Ryan took it to Bill. Two years where Pats are class of the league and do not come away with Title.
    Pathetic.
    p.s. If Jets had a QB it would have been 40-7.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

Pathetic. Toss up between Brady and Belichek of who was smaller in a big playoff game against a major rival. Ryan ate both of their lunches yesterday. "best coach ever" runs one of the worst 4th quarters you will ever see. Another lost season one and done. Giants took it to Bill during imperfect season. Now Ryan took it to Bill. Two years where Pats are class of the league and do not come away with Title. Pathetic. p.s. If Jets had a QB it would have been 40-7.
    Posted by nevermind

If the Jets had a QB?

Sanchez' QB ranking in yesterday's game was 127+ and on INTs.  I guess they should have had a QB like "Pretty Boy"  yesterday, huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

Re: Boston Fans There Is Hope....

.... pitchers and catcher report to Spring Training in a month or so!

Wahhhhhh ..... wahhhhhhh . wahhhhhh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImaLittleteacup. Show ImaLittleteacup's posts

For the record, I'm not a Jets fan--I'm not even that interested in the AFC. All of this talk about how the Jets lack class--the Pats have always come across as an arrogant franchise, making them almost impossible to root for if you're not a native-born New Englander.  Instances where Belichick dodged shaking hands with opposing coaches after losses, Brady's infantile pouting (the famous "Brady face") and snapping at his teammates when things aren't going well, and the smug "we're just THAT good" attitude when when they win all mark the Pats as the football equivalent of the Omegas in Animal House.  The fact that Boston fans could embrace the 2004 Sox in all of their scrappy, individualistic, and unshaven glory and support the most "corporate" franchise on earth every fall is beyond me.  I even feel a bit bad for Rex Ryan.  Something embarrassing and personal leaks from his private life and Boston talk radio has a field day taunting the man over it--real classy.  I figure that Ryan's extracurricular activities are his own business, and while Boston's fanbase sniggered like gradeschoolers about feet, the Jets planted their foot somewhere that the Pats found quite uncomfortable.
    Posted by NOLAbadger

Methinks thou art infected with the same jealousy we see spewing from other cities on occasion. (Usually down South where they still cannot get over the fact that there might be a serious football team up here in "liberal" Massachusetts.) Nice try at turning stoic silence and admirable discipline into a negative, but its rather empty and frankly just contrary to all evidence and the facts. If you somehow perceive a ..."we're just that good" attitude in all that, I would hold that the matter resides between your ears and not in the Patriots clubhouse.  

It's also rather obvious that such stoicism and silence infuriates some people...and, this week, a certain team.  That team won the game last night. They played a whole lot better than ours and deserved the win.  But they emerged from the victory looking very much like losers.

And you accuse the Pats of a bad attitude?......

It is to laugh. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If it's true that Belichick benched Wes Welker for the first offensive series in the game for the comments he made, then Belichick made a a costly mistake that sent absolutely the wrong message to the entire team at the worst possible moment.  Instead of a private "You shouldn't have, but I understand why" kick in the rear, BB's acton deflated everyone.  Management 101 error.  Sometimes a seemingly small cause can have a devastating effect.
    Posted by BostonHarmony

I agree, too, on this matter.  To cut off one's nose to spite their face, in this case to the probable detriment of the team, appears to have been ill advised.  Granted, we can never say for certain how that first series may have worked out if Welker was in the lineup, but, I am certain it changed the D scheme for the Jets a bit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nevermind. Show nevermind's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : If the Jets had a QB? Sanchez' QB ranking in yesterday's game was 127+ and on INTs.  I guess they should have had a QB like "Pretty Boy"  yesterday, huh?
    Posted by Feet-Lover

Yes. If they did it would have been 40-7.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyS123456. Show BobbyS123456's posts

Very disappointed! The last few years no smashmouth players. Brady needs to work on being mobile this off season. Plus remember Pats fan they are going to some warm place and cashing their huge checks while the rest of us have to deal with real life.  GO PACKERS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

I think the real choke was when the Jests had first and ten at the Pats 12 and didn't score anything. I doubt a real pop gun offense would score 518 points in 16 games.  We did put up 45 on this group last month, after all.  Or did you all forget that?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

The 45 put up by the Pats last month means nothing now ... they are going home and the Jets are going to Pittsburgh.

Do you really find solace in past achievements that mean nothing today?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from theeaglehaslanded. Show theeaglehaslanded's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : Wahhhhh .... wahhhhhhh .... wahhhh .... do you want a Kleenex to cry into?
    Posted by Feet-Lover

Hey Feet-Lover, he's not crying about anything. He's putting forth a rational thought, something you seem incapable of handling or crafting yourself. Not all Pats fans are crybabies when our team loses. We got our butts handed to us yesterday. I wish I could say the same for you when you win. As a die-hard Boston sports fan, let me give you a little advice: try to follow Derek Jeter's example of class for a change. It might do you some good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from theeaglehaslanded. Show theeaglehaslanded's posts

Re: Typical Boston/New England fans

In Response to Re: Typical Boston/New England fans:
    When the Red Sox lose ...... wahhhh, wahhh, wahhh When the Pats lose ...... wahhh, wahhh, wahhh When the Celtics lose ..... wahhhh, wahhhh, wahhh When the Bruins lose ..... wahhhh, wahhhh, wahhh Boy, that 45-3 win just a month ago seems so distant now, huh?  Bottom line is this - when you had to win (yesterday) you CHOKED as the Pats for done for 3 years now! Lick my feet! Rex Ryan
    Posted by Feet-Lover

Dude, you have issues. Do yourself a favor and resolve them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanniBoy. Show DanniBoy's posts

The name BRADY translates into consistant CLASS

Yes it was handed to them and I chaulk this up to a bad day and that is all it was. Everyone in NE has seen this duo work majic  and they have done this many times past the regular shelf life of sheer luck. Some of it may have been luck, but, it was predominately SKILL on Brady, Belichuck and the teams part. If the game were to be replayed today, there would certainly be a different outcome. Like I said JUST A BAD DAY.  There was a lot of Wooplah centered on this game and most of it was because the opposing coach made some bad judgement calls on his decision to publicize his personal life...Then, add the loose mouth of an uneducated and classless player.  The NE. fans have to remember that Brady and Co. have provided most of us with hours of pleasure and we should be proud of them. Not only for the way they manage and play football, but, also the discipline they display when being dragged into the public format of SMUT.....The reaction displayed was nothing short of CLASS and the world watched and had to come to the same conclusion as most of NE: These are real professional sportsmen and mature athletes.....Any one who watches football on a regular basis knows that the Jets got lucky and do not deserve to be where they are....Be that as it may, they are in that position, luck or not. The bottom line is that there is always next year. Thank you Tom, Bill and the rest of the players for your entertaining me and the rest of New England all these years..

PS.. About 3 years ago, as a police officer in Boston, working by Charles Circle  I pulled over a Mercedes Benz under a bridge near the Mass.Gen Hospital. I  wanted to ask the driver to pull his car further to the left, as the cars pulling behind him may have caused Grid-lock into the construction site.  When the driver electronically put the tinted window down, I looked in to see Tom Brady driving. The outside temperature w/windchill was 12 below zero. After pulling his car further to the left, he and I conversed in regular talk. Just before the light turned green, Tom asked me if I wanted him to go and get us warm coffee, as the temps were so cold (there were 5  police officers on the rotary detail) after staunchly refusing, Tom drove straight on Cambridge Street into the area of Govt Center.

Here is a guy, sporting the most recognized face in professional sports and working his way to the title of the BEST NFL.QB. in the HISTORY of the game, Financially secure for 10 more lifetimes. At the time, dating what most men regard as the most beautiful woman in the world, and he has the where with all to remember the 5 lowly street cops working in fridgid temperatures, considerate enough to volunteer his money, time & inconvienience...Because he is a regular guy with class, discipline and brains.. I will never forget that day and I have told all my friends about what happened...  Tom Brady's reaction to the car stop was the same level of class he has displayed his entire time here in NE.  I dont care if we never win another Superbowl, I am just happy to have this guy, year after year, provide me with the superb entertainment, only he knows how to consistantly deliver....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

The Pats were in a word flat. This is one of those games where the better team did not win. Turnovers are always a killer and the Pat's did not help their cause. The Jet's showed up and were effective on both defense and offense.  It also looked like the Jet's had a better game plan. It pains me to say that Rex and the Jet's delivered. I suspect that defeating the Jets 45-3 was not smart.
    Posted by oldgeek143

The better team on THIS evening won the game ... that's all that matters!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : Reminded of who we are, Johnnycakes...uh, I mean, Johnnyboy? Three-time Super Bowl champs last time I checked.
    Posted by theeaglehaslanded

Three time Super Bowl whiners ... oops, I mean winners going home after getting their butts whipped in their own house!

That must make you feel a whole lot better, huh, your past accomplishments?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : Three time Super Bowl whiners ... oops, I mean winners going home after getting their butts whipped in their own house! That must make you feel a whole lot better, huh, your past accomplishments?
    Posted by Feet-Lover

How many new names are you going to come up with today leon? Shouldn't you take advantage of the school holiday and go play outdoors

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

I'm just really sad to see a no class, trash talking team win.  Sets a bad example...  The Patriots had an off night - it happens to the best of them.  Look at the Saints and Indy.  Patriots are still awesome and had a great season.  My best non-professional guess - I think Brady was playing ill.  (He was inhaling something steamy from a cup before the game and just seemed out of character...)
    Posted by highstreet

Now, here's a unique New England excuse ... Brady was sick!  If you happened to notice, Brady passed that "steamy cup" on to another Patriot after he was done ... maybe that guy was sick also huh?  I love your creativity for making excuses!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

pro sports are fixed
    Posted by rictob

I have thought the same thing for the past ten years. The results are too good of a novel to be true.  There is a part of me that believes the Bears will win the SB because we have a Pres from Chicago in office and the bookies will make a killing.  

Sections
Shortcuts