Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gerwierdo. Show Gerwierdo's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    I think the real choke was when the Jests had first and ten at the Pats 12 and didn't score anything. I doubt a real pop gun offense would score 518 points in 16 games.  We did put up 45 on this group last month, after all.  Or did you all forget that?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Last month, last year, last decade-wa-wa-wa.
    History is not a measure of things yet to pass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kkbiker. Show kkbiker's posts

The agony of De Feet

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kkbiker. Show kkbiker's posts

The agony of De Feet!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImaLittleteacup. Show ImaLittleteacup's posts

What a great game as a Charger fan. Watching the Pats get tromped by T-Rex and his swashbucklers was a treat too good to be true. Not only did they finish as winners, but they kicked around the Pats the entire 60 minutes. Brady looked absolutely lost in the crowd, he never got his mojo and you could see the worry in his eyes from the first offensive play. Either that or he was worried about messing up his girlie hair. Then that cheating Bellicheck with his stupid looking hoodie(oh yea-nice fake punk-ha-ha). Now I know he wears it so he can hide during play-off games. Well Patriot fans now you can go back to shoveling snow and trying to stay warm in that God forsaken place you call New England. Its a beautiful hot day here in Pacific Beach, 76 degrees at noon, so I must be off to the beach to further enjoy the day. Yes, I know the Chargers aren't in it, but who cares, with weather like this you don't need to sit inside anyway.
    Posted by Gerwierdo

Thanks for stopping by with all that insight and knowledge we've come to expect from San Diego. Make sure all those Lombardi trophies shine nice and bright in that fabulous sun....oh, wait a minute.  Never mind.Smile

On your way to that groovy beach, watch the freeway traffic...and keep in mind that some of us like it here in New England...and REALLY don't like the Southern Californication lifestyle.

Buh-bye! Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sparklemahn. Show Sparklemahn's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : Thanks for stopping by with all that insight and knowledge we've come to expect from San Diego. Make sure all those Lombardi trophies shine nice and bright in that fabulous sun....oh, wait a minute.  Never mind. On your way to that groovy beach, watch the freeway traffic...and keep in mind that some of us like it here in New England...and REALLY don't like the Southern Californication lifestyle. Buh-bye! 
    Posted by ImaLittleteacup

Point forecast: San Diego, California

M.L.King Day: Sunny
    , with a high near 78. West wind around 10 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 55. Calm wind.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph

Stay back East!  There are enough east coasters out here already!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eastNY. Show eastNY's posts

Re: EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES

THIS WHOLE WEBSITE SAY’S THE PATSIES BEAT THEMSELVES, IT SEEMS THE WRITERS ARE AS BAD AS THE PLAYERS. GET THIS STRAIGHT ___
    The Jets beat the Patsies up and down the field. Your QB is in shock, your receivers are still looking for the handle, Your backs don't exist, your defense left Sanchez untouched, your offence gave up 5 sacks. And your fans are in denial.

The fact of the matter is , you are soft, any of the remaining teams would have beat you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsternklar. Show jsternklar's posts

With any luck, there will be a lockout next year.  Perhaps by 2012 I'll have found something else to do on Sunday afternoons other than watch the Patriots.  Haven't felt this devastated since Aaron Boone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pookie12. Show Pookie12's posts

NO  OFFENSIVE LINE....NO SAFTIES....BRADY NEVER GOT OUT OF THE POCKET YOUR DOWN TEN IN THE FOURTH SO YOU RUN THE BALL...BELL....WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??????????????  HOW THE HELL DID YA WIN 12 GAMES????

WELL THANKS FOR THE FOLLIES YESTERDAY AND RYAN STILL HAS THAT FETISH TO LOOK FORWARD TO.UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE TO GO HOME AND GET OUT THEIR CLEATS OUT OF OUR BUTTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from eastNY. Show eastNY's posts

THIS WHOLE WEBSITE SAY’S THE PATSIES BEAT THEMSELVES, IT SEEMS THE WRITERS ARE AS BAD AS THE PLAYERS. GET THIS STRAIGHT ___
    The Jets beat the Patsies up and down the field. Your QB is in shock, your receivers are still looking for the handle, Your backs don't exist, your defense left Sanchez untouched, your offence gave up 5 sacks. And your fans are in denial.

The fact of the matter is , you are soft, any of the remaining teams would have beat you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JetGreen. Show JetGreen's posts

Really?  LOL.  You mean the Jets choked because they should have scored there and beat the Pats by another TD?  The better team won, thats what happened.  Get used to it, its going to be like this for the next few years as Brady gets older and older, and Sanchez gets better and better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from enemycamp. Show enemycamp's posts

most uninspirational football from the Patriots seen in a long time.
    Shameful. Table was set and they blew it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JetGreen. Show JetGreen's posts

As a Jets fan I thought going into the Monday Night game that the Jets were the better team.  I expected to see the Jets go to NE and beat the Pats somewhat easily.  I felt the Jets were more physical, more experienced and just over all a better football team at this point.  Then we lost 45-3!  I didnt know what to think after that...how do you lose by 42 in the biggest game of the year?? 

Yesterday the Jets played exactly as I expected them to play on that December Monday Night.  They physically dominated this game from start to finish.  They were the better team.  The Jets now have a coach and a QB that can stand with the Pats.  That hasnt been true for a very long time now.  Should be an interesting next few years as Brady gets older, the Pats restock the team with a ton of draft picks and Sanchez and the Jets you figure to get better too. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshilton. Show cshilton's posts

To enemycamp: What table was set? Are you saying that the Patriots only needed to just show up in the stadium and they would have won the game? If that's what you saw then you and I watched different football games. The Jets coach of the game I watched obviously studied the two other Jets / Patriots game this season. He also watch the Patriots losses to the Browns this season, The Ravens last year in the playoffs and the Superbowl loss against the Giants. From that he figured out that if he glued his cornerbacks and safeties to the Patriots receivers and put slight pressure on Brady that Brady would throw incomplete passes and the occasional INT. If he turned up the pressure just a little bit he could get the occasional sack. Mostly though, that Jets Coach figured that if he could keep a close scoreboard on his side for the entire game that Brady would get antsy like every other QB in the game and try to "make something happen". That's the game I saw.

Everyone but Rex Ryan and the Jets assumed that the Patriots were going to walk away with this game easily. I guess that why 1) Rex Ryan gets paid what he does and 2) They play the game to see how it actually turns out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bob6572. Show bob6572's posts

Beyond the logistics of the game (which I am pretty sure everyone has covered ad nauseam here), the thing that disappointed me most was the fact that the Jets win now sends the message that if you hold press conferences that are all about yourself, father 8 children with various women and require your employer to pay your child support, then proceed to launch a profane tirade against the opposing teams QB, or make a threat towards another player that 'they won't be in the uniform much longer', that somehow you and your fellow cohorts can demand respect from the rest of the league. Um, no thanks. I also think Ben Rothleisberger should have served a 6 not 4 game suspension for his behavior, but I would be thrilled to see the Jets not score a single point next weekend against them.
    Posted by annie96

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bob6572. Show bob6572's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them :
    Posted by bob6572

How many baby mama's does Brady have?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emaninmaine. Show emaninmaine's posts

I've been saying this about Belichick for 2-3 years now. It happens to all great coaches -- and he is a great coach. They innovate, find a great player or two -- usually a QB -- and dominate for 4-5 years. Then the coach ages, his offense and defensive schemes are seen a million times and figured out. And new coaches come along to at least compete, if not take over. It happened to Tom Landry, to Don Shula, to Bill Walsh and to Joe Gibbs, who tried a comeback but was only so-so. Belichick is still a top-5 coach in this league with the best quarterback. But he's not ahead of the pack any more. The other lead dogs are right beside him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

This game has established a whole new definition of "pathetic."

What were these people doing all that time they had to prepare for this game?

Answer: not much. 

Arrogant, indeed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TransitHappy. Show TransitHappy's posts

As a Jets fan, I'm impressed with the commentary here - not much whining about the Jets and good sportsmanship about how the Jets played well and deserved to win.  A little surprising to me but impressive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : It means something to me. I'd rather have a win last night of course, but I will always enjoy the memory of totally demolishing the only team in the NFL that actually deserved it and asked for it. To paraphrase Bogie in Casablanca.. " We'll always have 45 - 3 ." Peace, bro. 

And you will always have a 28-21 loss in the playoff game that sent your Pats home for the season :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : Well, at least we have "past accomplishments" in this century.  What do the Jets have?  A SB win 40 years ago right?  So okay foot-guy, I'll give the Jets their due, heck they put a smack down on us, but at least we've won something recently.
    Posted by gr82bme

Bottom line ... your team came up short ... BIG TIME ... I am happy that you can find solace in past history to make you feel better about your present day failures :)

Go watch your tapes of the Pats' Super Bowl wins while I watch my tape of the butt 'whuppin the got yesterday :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Fake punt? Shades of 4th & 2 against Indy not so long ago. Bizarre from a very good coach in Belichick. Too many drops and bad execution. A good season wasted, but now, as a Pats fan, I am faced with rooting for one of these three teams: Jets, Steelers, Packers. I can't root for any of them. Football is dead to me now, so bring on baseball ASAP! I will give credit to the Jets though, not for stupid bravado talk, but doing just enough to win - that's all that's necessary in the end. Now lose ;-)
    Posted by bmfstop

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : It means something to me. I'd rather have a win last night of course, but I will always enjoy the memory of totally demolishing the only team in the NFL that actually deserved it and asked for it. To paraphrase Bogie in Casablanca.. " We'll always have 45 - 3 ." Peace, bro. 

Ant you will ALWAYS have a 28-21 loss last night and a long winter to think about what could have been! :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

ok  yes jets won plain and simple no doubt pats got out played !! congrats too the jets!!
            Please dont think for one minute it could have been the other way around, and this is not  making an excuse ,but do you really think that the best the pats could play ? yesterday  maybe but they are alot better then they played! I would think you all would have too admit this too.
        Iam one too admit I dont like the jets or anyother new york team but i will give credit where its due.
           As too tring too come here and rub it in cause  a few people on here gave you all a hard time i understand but there not on and havent been on too recive  thier crow!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Feet-Lover. Show Feet-Lover's posts

Re: Belichick should be fired

In Response to Re: Belichick should be fired:
    I truly believe Belichick took the wind out out the Pats sails when he sat Welker down at the beginnng of the game.  Not allowing the team to let off steam and be vocal over the Jets pre game remarks reminded me of being scolded like kindergarden children.  Tash talkin' is part of the game and I think Belichick demoralized his players.  It was too sad to watch.
    Posted by JaneHBCA

Another lame excuse for the Pats' loss ... maybe Welker should have played QB and been the head coach at the same time, huh?  Then I guess they would have surely won ... next excuse?

Sections
Shortcuts