Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE]YANKEES STILL SU(K!!!!
    Posted by youngmassrepub[/QUOTE]

Yeah!!

So do republicans!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teleskier19. Show teleskier19's posts

That was the worst 4th Qtr play calling I have ever seen the Pats perform.   There was no need to use 8 mins in the 4th qtr, running, huddle, taking so much time to call a play when they were down 10 after they had that TD.  It was awful.  I'm not sure if anyone else agrees, but that play calling for that series was the worst in PATs history.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan32. Show patsfan32's posts

Re: Belicheck needs to be fire

In Response to Belicheck needs to be fire:
    [QUOTE]Belicheck needs to be fired. Im not joking.  Belicheck has already accomplished more than any one else and has nothing left to prove, it didn't even seem like the staff was trying today. Way too many mistake.  That was the worst coached game ever.  Time to clean out the coaching staff in bring a group that has something to prove. 
    Posted by golfgod08[/QUOTE]

Seriously????? Did you watch any of the Pats games this season?  They far exceeded anyones expectations and this may have been Belechecks best coaching job to date!  Look at the rest of the garbage that calls themselves NFL head coaches.  Be happy with what we got.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPat27. Show BigPat27's posts

Man, we haven't won anything since we were video taping the opponet's practices.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Night-Diver. Show Night-Diver's posts

Stupid stupid coaching. Patrick Chung forced to do a fake punt? (The two pointer to Sammy was kinda cool, tho). Lousy time management in Q-4. Wes Welker coaxed by Rex into saying stupid stupid things then becoming a non-factor. The Pats "putting the oopid into stoopid". How many dropped balls? Only Hasselbeck ought to have gone home tonight more frustrated with his receivers than Brady. Only Alge showed some hussle -- then as a defender after the INT! I agree that BB has had his day and ought to be fired. He does not connect with the players any more. I say raid the broadcast booth -- Tony Dungee as Head Coach, Cris Collingsworth as Offensive Coordinator and Tony Sarigusa as Defensive Coordiator. I kid thee not! How many weeks until opening day at Fenway?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hybird2007. Show hybird2007's posts

When you look at the stats, Pats dominate even though it didn't look that way.  Jets are a big play team and they made them when needed.  The short passing game was eating a lot of clock and is really tough when a team is behind. You could say Pats overachieved with a young defense, but all the yakking leading up to this game took the fun out of it, but that's what the pant load does . Go Steelers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This team like it's coach has gotten soft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mworch. Show mworch's posts

[QUOTE]Belichick made poor judgment doing the onside kick instead of kicking it away. Dropped passes by Crumpler, Branch, and Welker at critical moments also hurt. Patriots are the better team, but not tonight.
    Posted by rhoward[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Prophetic Ryan was 2nd only to Joe Namath in Jet history in predicting a victory.

Real difference in the game:

Brady 5 sacks 1 interception

Sanchez No Sacks & No Interceptions

We had no pass rush & even with little pressure on Sanchez, some receivers needed to make amazing catches.

As previous post says, we also dropped some key passes that despite constant pressure on Brady were catchable & would have kept drives alive & Jets off the field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from voigt. Show voigt's posts

[QUOTE]I think the real choke was when the Jests had first and ten at the Pats 12 and didn't score anything. I doubt a real pop gun offense would score 518 points in 16 games.  We did put up 45 on this group last month, after all.  Or did you all forget that?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

No.......We didn't forgot that and that's exactly why the pats lost. The team that beat the pats in week 2 showed up tonight with something to prove because they learned what happens when they play like they already have the game won.The pats showed up convinced the game was over before it started because they killed the Jets in December. Did you forget the week 2 loss, looked a lot like this one. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaleNich. Show DaleNich's posts

[QUOTE]Man, we haven't won anything since we were video taping the opponet's practices.
    Posted by BigPat27[/QUOTE]

Sad.  But I hope we tape the Yankees if that's the case!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotdome. Show scotdome's posts

The fact that you're not joking is a joke.  We've got 3 of the top 33 picks next year and we went 14-2 in a "transition" year as Belichick completely revamped the defense.  He may very well win coach of the year this year.  Yes, let's fire him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mworch. Show mworch's posts

agree with dropped passes hurting, but onside kick almost worked...if it had worked, we'd all be having different discussions... at least they did try something..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Subcritical. Show Subcritical's posts

Belichick is ruined.

He is NO genius.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Brady acted like he  never saw a Football before and Belichick didn't coach that team There was no spark at all today Brady was pathetic Can't believe he gets paid to play that BAD Same w/ the rest of the Clowns on the field when Brady would hrow to them they acted affraid of the ball WELL SEASON OVER CAUSE NOBODY DID THERE JOBS MAYBE THEY SHOULDN'T GET THERE SALARIES either Cause they don't deserve it after playing like 100 yr old men YOU BUNCH OF MORONS

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaleNich. Show DaleNich's posts

Belichick < Francona!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from spaceman101010. Show spaceman101010's posts

I don't feel they got outcoached.  I feel like the Patriots didn't execute plays.  The interception at the beginning of the game.  The dropped pass by Crumpler in the endzone.   The muffed downing of the punt at the one yard line.  The Jets TD right after the Pats pull within 3.   It was a team loss.

That being said:

1) Congratulations to the Jets - you deserve the win.  I just wish you could put winning in front of talking.  I would respect you more.

2) The Pats had a great season.  I did not expect a 14-2 season with a first round bye at the beginning of the year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tank59. Show tank59's posts

Maybe the wind was a factor especially since Tom Brady couldn't
    freely throw around to his receivers like he usually does.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgc2. Show jgc2's posts

I was bummed that I couldn't get game -- traveling at the wrong time, so I tivo'd it.  Son texted me when I landed.  "You can delete the tivo entry."   Unbelievable.  Called him and he was really down, and kept repeating, "Brady was awful."  But I saw the passing numbers and he was'nt great but it didn't look like a meltdown.   Yet he insisted it was.  In spite of D-line, drops, muffs, he kept coming  back to Brady.  Agree with poster that said it tarnishes his rep.  And it should.  We kept hearing how he can read defenses better than anyone, but not good tonight by what you guys are all reporting here.  Definitely will start to drop him in the best-all-time discussion.  Seems like he's going the way of Kurt Warner.  Great but the best?  What was wrong with them?!! Everybody KNEW Jets were going to disquise coverages and run blitzes.  Come on, man!!!!!     How about the entire slate of talking heads like Trent Dilfer who really likes the Pats and who said they will make the Jets pay....  BB screwed this up badly.  As did Brady.  3a.m. here, I better try to sleep. Doubt I will.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbrig. Show bigbrig's posts

All week I had the same sick feeling about this game as the last SB . I really thought everyone across the country was taking the Patriots for granted and not giving the Jets enough credit for hanging tough. That said, the Pats did not do enough to win this game.

1. The fake punt was the turning point - I'll never understand why you don't pin them deep and make them go the length of the field with little time left.
    2. Give the Jets defense all the credit for playing the Pats receivers tight and letting the rush take effect. Their offense did enough to win the game but they consistently benefitted from a short field. I thought it was a good sign that after the INT, Rex's decision to play it safe on 3rd and long, and then coming up empty told me he was playing not to lose, and I thought we had them....
    3. I don't think Belichick and O'Brien were on the same page in the 2nd half...we'll see where that goes.
    4. The Jets put their money where their mouths were, but is there anything left in the emotional tank for next week?

Lastly, whom do you pick to win the AFC - the Jets mouths or Rothlisberger the stalker? You can't be happy with either one. If you thought the trash talking was bad last week, wait till you see two of the best trash talking teams go at it this week.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from theeaglehaslanded. Show theeaglehaslanded's posts

Belligerent Jets fans,

Congratulations on your victory. Your team outplayed the Pats today, plain and simple. Not all Pats fans are crying about this. We got beat today...plain and simple. But find a way to get over your anger issues. Try to show some class. Your team played a great game. Win with class and lose with class.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from potter.brad. Show potter.brad's posts

[QUOTE]Pats simply didn't execute on offense, making the Jets look like the best D in football.  Give credit to the Jets for not making costly mistakes, and executing when given good field position by Pats' mistakes.  In football you gotta make the best of every opportunity, and they did.  Pats need to learn what it means to be UP for a game.  This was a repeat of the Superbowl against the Giants in almost every way.
    Posted by yeti[/QUOTE]

I agree Yeti...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ckay77. Show Ckay77's posts

In Response to Belicheck needs to be fire:
    [QUOTE]Belicheck needs to be fired. Im not joking.  Belicheck has already accomplished more than any one else and has nothing left to prove, it didn't even seem like the staff was trying today. Way too many mistake.  That was the worst coached game ever.  Time to clean out the coaching staff in bring a group that has something to prove. 
    Posted by golfgod08[/QUOTE]

You are so dumb its scary.  The Patriots coaches did an amazing job, this season and they lost to a team making more plays...If you notice, the Pats have not won a SB, since, their defense got old and now they need to rebuild. Who is left in the playoffs? Great Defenses...The Pats D was bad, all year...they got to 14-2, even w/ a bad defense.  Today, The Jets made plays and the Pats did not...You want Bill fired...almost any team in America, would be happy w/ this Pats 2010 rebuilding season.  Brady threw a terrible INT, and Chung dropped a sure 1st down on the fake...Holmes made a great catch...Crumpler dropped one and Branch dropped the 4th down pass.  The SB teams made those plays..it isn't rocket science.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KFitz422. Show KFitz422's posts

Pretty simple: the pats threw the game away on an absolutely idiotic fake punt and a terrible onside kick. Neither of those plays were necessary, and had the pats played more conservatively and just kicked it away, they would have won.

Rex didn't do anything. Everything about him makes me physically ill. He is nothging but a fat, arrogant, loud, disgusting blowhard.

Sections
Shortcuts