Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

Two years straight of round one playoff losses, hard to take.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Subcritical. Show Subcritical's posts

Who cares is the Patriots went 14-2?

That is completely meaningless.  Don't let the score fool you.  They got smoked.

Great pass rush by the defense, heh?

Remember, our coach is a defensive genius........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamanumber. Show iamanumber's posts

im sure i will get flamed for this, but is it time to think about a coaching change/shift?  before you go insulting me, it's just a question to consider.  BB has been an amazing coach and will go to the HOF as 1 of, if not the best, coach in NFL history.  What he has done with the pats has been astounding. The key word however is "HAS".  It has been years since the pats won a meaningful game.  18-0 is amazing. 14-2 this year is more than a afan could expect with such a young defense. BUT the facts are that when the games really mattered, BB's team has come out flat, played poorly, had terrible. terrible game plans (if you can call today's atrocity of an offense a "plan" to run yourself right out of the game with a heralded  cast-off in Woodhead just to try and prove a point), and has been outcoached in almost ever one.  We are all thankful for what BB has done for NE, and perhaps this criticism is a result of his own tremendous success.  But at some point if you can't get over the hurdle, perhaps its time for a change.  O Brien was horrific tonight and should be terminated by 8 am tomorrow.  There is NO excuse to run out the clock when you are down by 2 scores with 10 mins to go. And the fake punt was worsse than the 4th and 2.  what were they doing?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackiehutchings. Show jackiehutchings's posts

I think Mark Sanchez has now played better than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in the past two weeks!   Who would have thought??????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JC126. Show JC126's posts

That failure to tackle following the Pats TD in the 4th was the capper. They might've stopped that Jets TD, but they just let them run down the field. 
    HORRIBLE time management, needless to say. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmull67. Show bmull67's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE]see this is what blows my mind. Jets trolls coming on here and talking smack like immature little 5 year olds after a tee ball victory. this thread was clearly acknowledging you guys played better and coached better. the pats got outplayed plain and simple. i know it's rare for you jets fans to experience victory in the playoffs, but try to take it in maturely and act like you've been there before
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Subcritical. Show Subcritical's posts

Re: Belicheck needs to be fire

In Response to Re: Belicheck needs to be fire:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Belicheck needs to be fire : You are so dumb its scary.  The Patriots coaches did an amazing job, this season and they lost to a team making more plays...If you notice, the Pats have not won a SB, since, their defense got old and now they need to rebuild. Posted by Ckay77[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Patriots haven't won a superbowl since Camera-gate.

This was a prime opportunity for Bill Belichick to show that he is indeed the greatest coach.

But he laid a big belly flop. 

I don't care what any fanboy says, the Camera-Gate legend continues......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Corman. Show Corman's posts

Outplayed and outcoached

Go Steelers.  Packers win it all. How's that taste Favre?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kc2design. Show kc2design's posts

The Jets knew our game inside and out, we did get out coached and out-played...maybe Brady should have studied the Jets game rather than going to some lame show last weekend.....GO STEELERS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MLuther. Show MLuther's posts

[QUOTE] We did put up 45 on this group last month, after all.  Or did you all forget that?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

A loser by any other name is a loser. If the Patriot's woud have gone thru to the Superbowl, they would have met Green Bay.

You remember what happen to the Pats when they go crushed by the Packers in the Superbowl.

It is time for Brady to be given his walking papers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakersRepeat. Show LakersRepeat's posts

The Pats are a great regular season team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmull67. Show bmull67's posts

[QUOTE]see this is what blows my mind. Jets trolls coming on here and talking smack like immature little 5 year olds after a tee ball victory. this thread was clearly acknowledging you guys played better and coached better. the pats got outplayed plain and simple. i know it's rare for you jets fans to experience victory in the playoffs, but try to take it in maturely and act like you've been there before
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There is only 1 champion each year, the Patriots wont be that Champion this year.  Jets fans congrats but don't start talking it up until you win it all because if you don't win it all you finish the same as everyone else in the league with the exception of one team.

Patriots had a good year, better then expected and looking forward to next season with this team for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Corman. Show Corman's posts

Seemed panicky

Didn't like the fake punk or the successful 2-pnt conversion...not with a confident Pats team with plenty of time on the clock.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakersRepeat. Show LakersRepeat's posts

This game was not as close as the score - Pats lucky they did not lose any of their 3 fumbles

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tk999. Show tk999's posts

I'm as disappointed as anyone. But, I'm not throwing Bill under the bus. No game plan overcomes bad play. One very visable example is of Mayo getting stiff armed on the touchdown run.Merriweather? was he there today? D made Sanchex look like Joe Montana,which he'll never be.
     Recievers didn't show up to play today. Too many droped passes. Brady wasn't sharp at all. Still,the game could have been had. 14-2 is something to build on. Lots of picks in the draft this year. Future looks bright.
     Go Steelers! (STILL HATE THE JETS AND HOPE THEY GET SMOKED NEXT WEEK)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jim501. Show jim501's posts

My three points.
    1) There didn't seem to be much urgency when needing two scores, and running again and again while using up the clock in that long 4th quarter drive. Big mistake. Did we really lose? or did we just run out of time?
    2) Pats should have accepted the ball to start the game to set the tone.
    3) Pats should have started Wes Welker. Punish him with something like windsprints.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuriel. Show nuriel's posts

The Jets looked terrible, we just didnt show up to play.  I'm blaing coach just like Giants loss for not coming out right away and being too conservative

That was a complete disgrace, and guys, you embarrassed yourself, and all of us who have to deal with these DB's from NY who have a much worse team than the Pats.

Shameful. All of you stay off the news and radio waves this week, PLEASE with the same old BS rhetoric.  Unfortunately I have to listen to 1000 idiots tomorrow tell me how great the jets are, even though they still sick as much as they did 4 hours ago.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Subcritical. Show Subcritical's posts

Steelers have an opportunity to win their third superbowl since the Pats last won.

Hmmmm.......

I seriously doubt anyone is getting past Green Bay.

Even if the Pats had won out in the AFC, Green Bay is the most complete team and has the best quarterback right now.

I mean heck, the Packers almost throttled the Patriots a few weeks ago.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

maybe the offensive coordinator does stink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnM. Show JohnM's posts

What was with all of those running plays?  I can understand running a bit just to keep the defense honest, but the Pats' strength has been Brady connecting with his receivers.  Not nearly enough of that today.  Way too many runs and it cost them their season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dpiddy19. Show dpiddy19's posts

Re: Belicheck needs to be fire

In Response to Belicheck needs to be fire:
    [QUOTE]Belicheck needs to be fired. Im not joking.  Belicheck has already accomplished more than any one else and has nothing left to prove, it didn't even seem like the staff was trying today. Way too many mistake.  That was the worst coached game ever.  Time to clean out the coaching staff in bring a group that has something to prove. 
    Posted by golfgod08[/QUOTE]

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ckay77. Show Ckay77's posts

Last comments on the game...New England had their opportunities but they just could not make any plays...The biggest thing that made NE good this year (amazingly, considering how bad their defense was) Is their offense put pressure on the opposing offense and their defense made plays..(created turnovers)  The Pats came out and had them off balance and were moving the ball at will and Brady made one of the worst plays of his career...and even though, the Jets failed to capitalize...they were able to hold them to 3 on the next drive (thanks to Crumpler's drop)  Now...The Pats had an opportunity to make the game 10-0...but, their offense stalled on a 3 and out. Next thing you know they are down 7-3 and Chumg, drops the fake (which appeared to be wide open) The D gives up a big 3rd down and its now 14-3.  I do not understand why the Pats did not go tothe hurry up earlier, but, in any event...The defense allowed the Jets to be in 3rd and 4 all day and they made a few big 3rd down plays...The Pats did not and the question is: Where will BB find this generations' Tedi Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Ty Law, etc.  They have some good young players: McCourty (but he was beat on a huge 3rd down that really changed the game) and Chung was a bit of a playmaker and then he dropped the ball...Maybe the  45-3 win was too much for this young team...They have a ton of draft picks. They need a pass rusher...Big Time. I believe the Packers will win the SB, because they have a great qb and playmakers on Defense...The Pats once had playmakers on defense.  Once again, we learn...Defense wins championships.  Finally, the Jets looked a little ridiculous...Yes, they beat the Pats and they obviously hate them, but...They were the AFC championship last year..so, why the over the top celebration? If they lose next week. Big deal...its not as if THIS Pats squad has many guys that have won anything. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from angelomara. Show angelomara's posts

Very poor offensive game plan. What about a no huddle offense to start the second half. Why did they continue to run the ball on the last drives.
    They beat themselves. What a poor way to end a great season.
    Depressing.........go Steelers

Sections
Shortcuts