Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickgov. Show patrickgov's posts

Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them

Kick a field goal inside the 10. Crumpler drop a td pass. Meriweather and all the paqthetic linebackers can't tackle. Butler can't cover anyone. Never a pass rush. Force the run game which goes nowhere all day. Don't play up on WR's so Sanchez can throw 6 yard passes all day. Brady with a horrendous interception. Kick coverage terrible. No huddle offense not used when needed most. On side kick looked like only Graham knew what he was doing. Why is Branch going off side on a run play ?  F for coaching today and C for the team......as in CHOKERS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmfstop. Show bmfstop's posts

Benching Welker for a series was odd to me actually. No good reason for that in my mind. Do everything in your power to win BB - that's the job of a H.C. I cooled down a little over the fake punt - bad execution, but if it had worked...

So when does the loud mouthing start against the Steelers?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from iwillcomment. Show iwillcomment's posts

Patriots gagged on it at home.  Belicheat has been losing too many coaches over the years, and refusing to resign too many vets and letting them go.  Good for him and Ha-Ha to all the Pat fans.  I am sick and tired of seeing you arrogant Pat fans login to the NY papers and post your childish comments.  You got what you deserved.  You got beat up in your own house, wasted your time and money on a awful playoff game, and now have to eat Rex's crow feet for the rest of the year and all through camp in the summer.  Hey Brady, book those tee times now you aging, no longer clutch post season QB.  OH, and how did this all start, with a blown call about a Tuck Rule against the Raiders in the snow. The NFL hates the Raiders, so there was no way the Raiders were getting that call, and Brady lucked-out.  Brady says he hates the Jets - He's nuts - He should love the Jets - They started his career by having Mo Lewis knock Bledsoe out of a game.
    HA-HA you arrognat Pats fans..........Have a great off season efficitive immediately........  Gag Artists!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklynF.D.N.Y.. Show BrooklynF.D.N.Y.'s posts

Re: Wow

In Response to Re: Wow:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow : Ha   I made the same mistake as you.. posting before my  comment.  In regards to your comment... I know what you mean... but you need to look at the upside vrs the downside and the downside problem is way bigger than what you would have gained on the upside which was a first down.
    Posted by iamasap[/QUOTE]
    I assume you were responding to me. You cannot second guess a coach (who today" they" were saying might be the best coach ever) for making a ballsy call that could change the game. A coach that took mediocre , young talant to a 14-2 record. the Jets simply out played the  Pats.  You get pressure on Brady and he is simply an average QB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natego. Show natego's posts

They could have NOT SUCKED> How about that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beachbum27. Show beachbum27's posts

Please, please hire a real OC

team played poorly all around but defense did keep the game relatively close (10 pts going into 4th qtr) and yet someone decided to kill 7+ minutes with 12 to go in the 4th- problem is no one told the OC that we needed 2 scores to TIE the game.

And PLEASE do not tell me that this was Brady's 2nd best year (statistically) because you'd be stating the obvious.  2 years in a row this OC (and others- there's plenty of blame to go around) has sucked in the post season- when it really counts...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmfstop. Show bmfstop's posts

Wait a minute here...somewhere I still have the S.I. NFL preview that had G.B. over the Steelers in a close game in the Super Bowl. Eerie to me, but that result would be about as favorable as chewing on light bulbs ;-) Go Packers then?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them:
    [QUOTE]dammit I can`t get this smile off my face.....
    Posted by Rick4Colts[/QUOTE]
    and Pats fans would too, if the Pats won!  A face hurting smile comes with being the fan of the winning team.  Enjoy it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MakeLoveNotWar. Show MakeLoveNotWar's posts

They can start by not CHEATING anymore...

The Pats are CHEATERS! How come the Globe isn't making a big deal of the video showing the Cheatriots with a wall improperly placed too close to the field and then a player trying to trip the opponent in Week 2 against the Jets?

C'mon Boston... Own up to your cheating. C'mon NE fans--where's all the criticism you levied towards the Jets when they did the same thing.

Its just like the Sox with Manny and the Big Needle. You are all HYPOCRITES! Everytime an opponent accused of steriods came into Fenway, they never heard the end of it. Then Manny and the Big Neede are exposed and then everyone is like, oh well, they weren't the only ones.

EVERYTHING is TAINTED!. 2004* and 2007*
    2001, 2003 and 2004 by SPY GATE.

Renounce your cheaters. Otherwise you'll never win. Karma will continue to kick Brady's behind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]The only silver lining is this TEAM overachieved this season with a 2nd rate DEFENSE.
    Posted by PatsSoxfan401a[/QUOTE]
    EVERYONE and their uncle pointed to this D as being the potential demise for the Pats in these playoffs and it happened.  Lack of D-line pressure on Sanchez, the d-backs gave up big plays and too many 3rd down conversions, again!  The difference between the last few Pats teams and their SB winning teams have been the defenses they had.  As much as we love to see the Pats offense score, if they face a killer D who is hot in the game, and the Pats D is off, a big L looms!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

They had another of their TOTAL collapse days.  Back in the SB runs of old at least we ALWAYS got COMPETITIVE games. Now it's all or nothing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icecold67. Show icecold67's posts

Lets see....what could have the Patriots done differently....EVERYTHING!!!!!! They are a better team and they CHOKED!!!! Awful way to end the season. Very frustrating and.........well I cant say it on this page.....UGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from uhf. Show uhf's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : That was only 3 years ago. You realize how many teams never do.
    Posted by JwowKid[/QUOTE]

I guess you're ok with consolation prizes.... A lot of Pats fans are arrogant and assume they'll always be the favorite, particularly against the Jets, just because.  Time to rethink, there's a new sheriff in the AFC East.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BFDcar13. Show BFDcar13's posts

What got the NE done differently to Win?

Shown up and PLAY!

have a great winter off! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from twixcon. Show twixcon's posts

LiJere - Maybe Brady should learn to run, and help his team from time to time when his receivers are covered.
    Brady is afraid of contact. He's not the kind of guy who will take on a linebacker the way say, Tim Tebow will. Without Cheatergate and advance knowledge of an opponents every move, Brady is helpless. Heck, Brady dives just to avoid contact. What a p.u.s.s.y

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from krb1981. Show krb1981's posts

OK. take a look at how young our starting players are. this was a rebuilding year, I remember people talking about us not even making the playoffs after we traded moss. plus lets look at the draft 17th and 28th picks in the 1st round.
    1st and 28th picks in the 2nd round. 10th and 28th pick in the 3 round. and the 28th in the 4th. 
    I'll take 14-2 in a rebuilding year. 

Kyle Arrington, Darius Butler, Patrick Chung, Julian Edelman, Danny Woodhead, Sebastian Vollmer, Brandon Tate 2nd year.

Jerod Mayo, Gary Guyton, BGE, 3rd year

Devin Mccourty, Brandon Spikes, Brandon Deaderick, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Jermaine Cunningham Rookies

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : EVERYONE and their uncle pointed to this D as being the potential demise for the Pats in these playoffs and it happened.  Lack of D-line pressure on Sanchez, the d-backs gave up big plays and too many 3rd down conversions, again!  The difference between the last few Pats teams and their SB winning teams have been the defenses they had.  As much as we love to see the Pats offense score, if they face a killer D who is hot in the game, and the Pats D is off, a big L looms!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    With all due respect AGC - no one here was really saying that.  They were lauding the defense's single digit opponent scores 4 of the last 5 weeks. 

The pats were odds on favorites at the beginning of this offseason.  No other way to look at this.  BTW this wasn't the D's fault - even with the INT, the Jets got no points.  Brady was expected to score more.  He didn't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them : I guess you're ok with consolation prizes.... A lot of Pats fans are arrogant and assume they'll always be the favorite, particularly against the Jets, just because.  Time to rethink, there's a new sheriff in the AFC East.
    Posted by uhf[/QUOTE]
    Come back when the Jets win the AFC East and a SB.  Two years of unexpected successes does not make a new sheriff in town.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tfk345. Show tfk345's posts

The Pats didn't come out fired up and loose.  They seemed tight.  Maybe that was due to the 2 wk layoff but the Jets got more confident as the game went on.  ON the first 2 drives the Pats moved the ball very well and should have had 2 tds.  I think the Pats dynasty is over however.  They seem to have lost the magic.  This is the third straight playoff defeat.  What does that tell you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icebird753. Show icebird753's posts

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!! RIGHT DOWN YOUR THROATS PATS FANS! I love how the stadium emptied before the game was over, you guys are bandwagon losers who can't take losses well; try being a Jets fan and actually being loyal to a team that's struggled so much over the years! To everyone who wants to refer to the 45-3 game, who the hell cares, this one stings much more for the Patsies b/c their season is D-O-N-E DONE DONE DONE! I wanna laugh at that Globe reporter who said a few weeks ago that he was sure the Pats would easily handle the Jets. Haters are gonna hate, but that was one @$$ whoopin tonight. Hope you all dream to Greene lying in that endzone and the Jets celebrating. Maybe next year, you losers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from uhf. Show uhf's posts

[QUOTE]Belligerent Jets fans, Congratulations on your victory. Your team outplayed the Pats today, plain and simple. Not all Pats fans are crying about this. We got beat today...plain and simple. But find a way to get over your anger issues. Try to show some class. Your team played a great game. Win with class and lose with class.
    Posted by theeaglehaslanded[/QUOTE]

Class?  Seriously?  Yeah Pats fans should be talking about class with all the "de-feet the Jets" signs in foxboro Sunday.  HA!  Really classy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skyrider. Show skyrider's posts

Here's a few fresh thoughts on the clock-killing drive in the fourth. I believe the strategy was to slow down the Jets' offense and set up the Pats' defense with some rest, some coaching and a chance to make one huge pivotal stop. The Jets' offense was hot before the big clock-wasting drive. The idea was to keep them on the bench, kill the clock, score seven, and then channel the Pats' defensive energies into making one big stop for the ages. After that, the offense would come back with the no huddle series for the finish. ...The alternative was to go with the riskier, no-huddle magical stuff first and then hope the defense would immediately come back and summon the verve to stuff the Jets' hot offense. This would be after less rest. Based on how things were going, that was just as unlikely at 10 minutes as it was at 21/2 minutes. I suspect Belichick sensed that. He was wary of unleashing a track meet because the Pats looked shaky on both sides of the ball...But in hindsight, killing the clock was a defeatest approach.What we learned in the final minute was that the Pats offense could compete in a track meet. Now you can see that a less time-consuming drive, ending with a touchdown, might have pumped up the Pat's defense and put a new load of pressure on Sanchez. Perhaps, he would have cracked. ....Overall, I can't believe what the Jets did to squelch the Patriots' tight ends and I can't believe how easily the Jets scored that last touchdown. It looked like the defense gave up. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick and Brady got it handed to them :  Brady was expected to score more.  He didn't.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    If only it were that simple to explain.  Sorta like your Colts expecting Manning to score more and he doesn't.  I seem to recall there are 10 other players on the field with Manning/Brady and they can't do it alone.  I always laugh when critics blame a single player or even credit a single player for a loss/win.  In this game the Jets TEAM outplayed the Pats TEAM.  Plain and simple!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skyrider. Show skyrider's posts

Here's a few fresh thoughts on the clock-killing drive in the fourth. I believe the strategy was to slow down the Jets' offense and set up the Pats' defense with some rest, some coaching and a chance to make one huge pivotal stop. The Jets' offense was hot before the big clock-wasting drive. The idea was to keep them on the bench, kill the clock, score seven, and then channel the Pats' defensive energies into making one big stop for the ages. After that, the offense would come back with the no huddle series for the finish. ...The alternative was to go with the riskier, no-huddle magical stuff first and then hope the defense would immediately come back and summon the verve to stuff the Jets' hot offense. This would be after less rest. Based on how things were going, that was just as unlikely at 10 minutes as it was at 21/2 minutes. I suspect Belichick sensed that. He was wary of unleashing a track meet because the Pats looked shaky on both sides of the ball...But in hindsight, killing the clock was a defeatest approach.What we learned in the final minute was that the Pats offense could compete in a track meet. Now you can see that a less time-consuming drive, ending with a touchdown, might have pumped up the Pat's defense and put a new load of pressure on Sanchez. Perhaps, he would have cracked. ....Overall, I can't believe what the Jets did to squelch the Patriots' tight ends and I can't believe how easily the Jets scored that last touchdown. It looked like the defense gave up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from twixcon. Show twixcon's posts

Kyle Arrington, Darius Butler, Patrick Chung, Julian Edelman, Danny Woodhead, Sebastian Vollmer, Brandon Tate 2nd year.
    Jerod Mayo, Gary Guyton, BGE, 3rd year

Sections
Shortcuts