Belichick and Fox Sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxvette. Show soxvette's posts

Belichick and Fox Sports

I just saw that on my home page that MSN and Fox sports has Bill Belichick’s picture next to Vick the dog killer and lumps him in with OJ Simpson accused murderer and a host of others who have committed far worse than bending a video tape rule in an article on NFL scandles . It makes me sick that the media does this and that they put BB in the same category. People wonder why BB is the way he is with the media. This is a perfect example. I'll be changing my home page. Time for New England to win the Super Bowl! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Belichick and Fox Sports

Yes. It is time.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to soxvette's comment:

I just saw that on my home page that MSN and Fox sports has Bill Belichick’s picture next to Vick the dog killer and lumps him in with OJ Simpson accused murderer and a host of others who have committed far worse than bending a video tape rule in an article on NFL scandles . It makes me sick that the media does this and that they put BB in the same category. People wonder why BB is the way he is with the media. This is a perfect example. I'll be changing my home page. Time for New England to win the Super Bowl! 

You can thank Woody Johnson and Goodell for teaming up, lying and the media making millions off of a lie:

Bill Cowher:  You know, let me just say this:  To answer your question, no, I don’t think so. I just know as a head coach, you are always looking for a competitive edge. We had people out there trying to look at signals. We had guys go to games. They would tape the signal caller and also write it down. They would take it back and match up the signals with the game film and certain defenses with certain plays that were being called, particularly the defenses being called, to see if we could come up with some kind of an alert for a signal.  So, what they did with videotaping the signal caller, people do it with the people in the stands!! 

These people sitting there in the stands, looking at the signal, writing it down and matching up the 1st and 10 signal. Ok? Then you go back again and the 2nd and 10 and here’s the signal. You do that for a whole game.

You then go back and match up the defenses with the signal.  And you can come up with what the signal was.

So, you don;’t need a video tape with what they were talking about doing. And people were doing it. WE were doing that.  Everybody does that. You’re TRYING to gain a  competitive edge. There is nothing wrong with that.

That’s why baseball players go through the mirage of signals. They’ve got all these different codes. That’s part of the competitive spirit of the game. I think it’s totally overblown.  I think if  you get caught (signals compromised), then do what we did and go to wristbands, you are worried about it.  We started putting defenses on wristbands. Then you find a way to not get caught (signals compromised).  When your good at something and people try steal from ya, I think it’s flattering.

I remember when Cowher said that - and he's not the only one - this stuff goes on in the NFL. It just does. I recall the game we had against the Steelers a ways back when Ty Law went down with an injury, Belichick pushed away Pittsburgh's training staff. When asked after the game about why he did that (and this was before any of this spy stuff came out) Belichick said...let's just say I have a lot of respect for the way the Steelers and Bill Cowher do things. Now those weren't his exact words (I bet they're pretty close though), but you knew what Bill was saying at the time - that the Steelers were out there with their trainers to help...and to know if Ty would be coming back or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Still think Kraft shouldn't sue...?  I'd be lawyering up like no fukn tomorrow...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Well, first of all, Fox Sports has never had any credibility so it doesn't surprise me that they would stoop this low to garner attention.

Secondly, if you want to be taken seriously with your accusations, get the freaking season right, morons.  "Early in the Patriots' 2008 unbeaten regular season, Belichick had been embroiled in the SpyGate sideshow..."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is why the taping was sooooo stupid. It allows morons to cry about it interminably. Yup, big putz moment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I remember laughing when hearing Herm Edwards talk about waving to the cameras...he said they were doing it, everyone was doing it.  Not that Herm Edwards was much of a coach (I can listen to the guy talk all day long though), but the fact that he was waving and smiling to the cameras is just hilarious to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I have MSN for my home page as well and saw it.   I didn't think that it was a big deal.  It was a controvery that cost the Pats $$$ and a top draft pick.  It was big news at the time and BB took a hit because it was the NFL that accused BB of cheating.  Doesn't matter what other coaches and broadcasters think.  The NFL called BB a cheater and made the Pats pay out the nose for it.

Sections
Shortcuts