Belichick:"Make them go to Manningham"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: Belichick:"Make them go to Manningham"

In Response to Re: Belichick:"Make them go to Manningham":
    In Response to Re: Belichick:"Make them go to Manningham" : I'm not quite ready yet...but it's very quickly becoming Knicks/Rangers season and then I have the Mets 70 wins if that to look forward too...then again maybe they'll suprise a few people with some hungry young kids and a good manager...
    Posted by JintsFan

Shouldn't you tell this to someone who might care?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick:"Make them go to Manningham" : I'm not quite ready yet...but it's very quickly becoming Knicks/Rangers season and then I have the Mets 70 wins if that to look forward too...then again maybe they'll suprise a few people with some hungry young kids and a good manager...
    Posted by JintsFan

Why do you think people care about what you have to look forwad to or how NY teams might do? You'll only be a Mets fan until they are out of it anyway and then you'll be a Yanks fan.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick:"Make them go to Manningham" : Ec*ck you aren't even good for amusement anymore with this sad, sorry fantasy you are caught up in...if I were a "fairweather" fan or only wanted to root for "winners" then why would I be a Mets fan and admit to it? I'd say I was a Yankee fan and switch to the Mets if they were on top...if u had a brain u'd also realize then I would have switched to the Jets the past two years as they had a better run/success than the Giants yet I consistently berated their bully fat-mouthed coach and thugs and told all here I was so anti-Rex/Jets that I rooted for the Pats every time they played them. So wrong again (whats that about 20 wrong in a row including ur SB prediction?) of course being a diehard Rangers fan in the heart of Islander counry while they are winning Cups every year is really fairweather now isn't it? What a fool you are...of course u r-if I recall-a self-avowed atheist (all you supposed smarter than thous are) so you'll be wrong there eventually too..man how did you ever ge thru school? But enough of this I want to catch the rerun of SB 46 later today : )
    Posted by JintsFan

Oh, yawn, yawn, yawn.

Good luck with the pretense, Mr. Fairweather.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

It did work. Obviously, you can't shut the door against a good offense, but limiting damage all game means ti worked. Absolutely. GREAT gameplan, good execution. Nicks and Manningham had no TDs, Cruz had that 1 which unfortunately happened due to a dumb too many men penalty and the gameplan would have been framed at Patriots Place without a Brady INT or a Welker drop. Ref, John Parry "That  (Welker's drop) was the ballgame." YUP If no Brady INT and no Welker drop, NE's D allows the least amount of points in a SB as a D (13), since the 2000 Ravens (7). PUT THAT YOUR IN BRADY BALLWASHING PIPE.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

This sounds like a broken record. I don't believe the Pat fans even want to hear it any more. I played, I coached and I'm extremely objective. You may feel better reiterating your defensive point, but the game ended too long ago to try to impress on others this point. Eli's 296 passing yards was kept at that level because they ran for 114 yards. In my heart I knew that Eli was going to bring them down field and score. It's what he does. Seven come from behind wins this year alone. His QBR was through the roof because of a porous D and TB's was 25 because they couldn't execute when they needed to. Take it from a guy from the winning side. The fuzziness and euphoria after a win is 15 minutes of elation, then I move on. I make no excuses if and when my team loses. No rationalization. Nothing. I wait for next season and root for my team. The Pats need to draft to improve their end game as Babe would put it. He's absolutely correct. My 3 cents.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

It did work. Obviously, you can't shut the door against a good offense, but limiting damage all game means ti worked. Absolutely. GREAT gameplan, good execution. Nicks and Manningham had no TDs, Cruz had that 1 which unfortunately happened due to a dumb too many men penalty and the gameplan would have been framed at Patriots Place without a Brady INT or a Welker drop. Ref, John Parry "That  (Welker's drop) was the ballgame." YUP If no Brady INT and no Welker drop, NE's D allows the least amount of points in a SB as a D (13), since the 2000 Ravens (7). PUT THAT YOUR IN BRADY BALLWASHING PIPE.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

How can you say it worked? The especially on the final drive? Allowing a team to score on 3 of 4 second half possessions is bad game planning and bad execution. Isn't a too many men penalty either a coaching or execution error? Maybe if the Patriots aren't playing with guys, they don't manage to force that fumble.

You love to play these games where you say, if you take away x and y then z. The truth is, despite what the ref may have said, even if Welker catches that ball there is no way you know that the Patriots would have scored or that the Giants would not have still comeback and won. I could just as easily say, if not for the holding call towards the end of the first half and the non-PI call on Moore early in the fourth quarter this game would have been 35-10 Giants.

Even remotely comparing the Patriots defense to the 2000 Ravens is completely laughable:
    The Ravens forced 4 turnovers versus the Patriots forcing 0. 
    The Ravens allowed 2.6 yards per play versus the Patriots allowing 5.6.
    The Ravens allowed 152 yards of total offense versus the Patriots allowing 396. 
    The Ravens allowed the Giants to cross the 50 twice in the entire game versus the Patriots allowing it on 8 of 8 possessions.
    The Ravens forced nine 3-and-outs versus the Patriots forcing 0.

Oh and by the way, the Ravens turned the ball over in that game once themselves so why should you get to pretend the Brady pick never happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick:"Make them go to Manningham" : How can you say it worked? The especially on the final drive? Allowing a team to score on 3 of 4 second half possessions is bad game planning and bad execution. Isn't a too many men penalty either a coaching or execution error? Maybe if the Patriots aren't playing with guys, they don't manage to force that fumble. You love to play these games where you say, if you take away x and y then z. The truth is, despite what the ref may have said, even if Welker catches that ball there is no way you know that the Patriots would have scored or that the Giants would not have still comeback and won. I could just as easily say, if not for the holding call towards the end of the first half and the non-PI call on Moore early in the fourth quarter this game would have been 35-10 Giants. Even remotely comparing the Patriots defense to the 2000 Ravens is completely laughable: The Ravens forced 4 turnovers versus the Patriots forcing 0.  The Ravens allowed 2.6 yards per play versus the Patriots allowing 5.6. The Ravens allowed 152 yards of total offense versus the Patriots allowing 396.  The Ravens allowed the Giants to cross the 50 twice in the entire game versus the Patriots allowing it on 8 of 8 possessions. The Ravens forced nine 3-and-outs versus the Patriots forcing   0. Oh and by the way, the Ravens turned the ball over in that game once themselves so why should you get to pretend the Brady pick never happened.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

You've done your homework well. Quite enlightening. It will not sway opinions already anchored in terra firma.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The key to this whole thing is;

"Hey, 87's a (expletive) decoy, he's a decoy. ... He's about to be outta here."

That says it all about this game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I love how some of the talking heads out there are trying to make it seem like BB has lost his Genius ways by saying "Make them go to Manningham".  Seriously???  You only have so much coverage to work with, so you have to shift it towards that which you believe gives you the best chance.  Is there anyone who thinks he should have said "Make them go to Cruz"??? 

He took away the most dangerous players, it just turned out that the least dangerous was still dangerous!  Can't fault him for that.  The fact that Manningham made the catch of his life shouldn't hurt BB's credentials either. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

They made the Giants go to him, now hopefully they'll actually go and get him... in FA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I love how some of the talking heads out there are trying to make it seem like BB has lost his Genius ways by saying "Make them go to Manningham".  Seriously???  You only have so much coverage to work with, so you have to shift it towards that which you believe gives you the best chance.  Is there anyone who thinks he should have said "Make them go to Cruz"???  He took away the most dangerous players, it just turned out that the least dangerous was still dangerous!  Can't fault him for that.  The fact that Manningham made the catch of his life shouldn't hurt BB's credentials either. 
    Posted by agill1970

It's a no brainer that BB the coach is the best around so questioning his strategy there is dumb. But unfortunately his GM did not give him the best of tools to get the job done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

What's funny is, they were all right.  And the other irony is, BB having them focus on Cruz and Nicks on the final drive was correct, it's just that the pass and catch was so perfect, you tip the cap and move on. Probably the most frustrating loss in my life as a Boston fan next to the 2003 Game 7 in the ALCS.  They just handed the games away due to not being more deliberate in strategic thinking.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

Boston fans took this loss much better than the previous XLII. It's almost like we dreaded a sense of deja vu once Eli got the ball with over 3 minutes left. There was little controversy about the officiating playing a role in the game.( If anything, the Giants appeared to get jobbed a couple of times. ) Sometimes it seems that the Pats play these SB games with too much legacy on the line. Last time it was the perfect season, this time it was the Brady/Belichick legacy/dynasty thing. The Giants played with little to lose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

Nicks did make a couple catches on the last drive, although on 1 he probably messed up by going out of bounds and for the game had 10 for over 100 yards, so I don't know that they really took Nicks away. What they did do a great job of was not giving up RAC yards and keeping everything in front of them.  Even the big Manningham play, that is just a great play, nothing you can really do. Pascoe, Ballard and Hynoski combined for something like 75 yards, which shows that Eli was doing a pretty good Brady impersonation, and taking the check down yards when nothing else was there.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

The Giants won despite a couple of huge gaffs on their TD drive. They wanted to leave little to no time on the clock for Brady to work with. So, first Nicks goes out of bounds on a first down catch - stopping the clock - when he could have easily stayed in bounds. That saved the Pats their last TO. Then, Bradshaw scores when it's obvious that the Pats want him to score quickly. Had the Pats won the game, Coughlin would have been skewered for not properly preparing the Giants strategy on their last drive. Once they were in FG range, keeping the clock moving and forcing Pats TOs should have been the primary consideration. That's what the QB headset is for. Damn, the Giants just couldn't screw up whatever they did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Thanks Bill.. I took the over on Manningham on catches and won some coin.

Sections
Shortcuts