BELICHICK = BLAME

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

BELICHICK = BLAME

IMO ...

This is the 1st loss in recent memory that can be hung on the head of one person.

As much as it pains me to say this ... that person is Bill Belichick .

The Patriots put an inferior product on the field in Cincinnati Sunday and the Patriots GM is to blame. In fact it wasn't exactly the Patriot's "head coach's" finest hour either - SEE the Bengals 4th and goal td when the Pats D was in complete disarray just prior to the snap ... Time Out ! Time Out ! TIME OUT ! ( I heard some nut screaming from his couch somewhere in Suburbia ) meanwhile BB somehow ignored the plea , stoically standing by while BJGE easily scored the game sealing td ....but I digress .

The Patriots Offense was ... OFFENSIVE !

GM Belichick somehow managed to take the leagues #1 offense in 2012 and mangle it into a disjointed and punchless unit that couldn't muster a  td against an injury depleted Cincy D ( M.Johnson / L. Hall / B. Ghee ). Allowing WELKER to not only leave town but bolster your team's main impediment to a championship ( SEE Broncos ) was the single most inept GM move of the the NFL's offseason ( with the possible exception of continuing to sign Blaine Gabberts checks ) Not resigning a baller like Woodhead for "short" money ( 1.75 per season ) while instead giving the jingle to a one dimensional non entity like L. Washington ( likely to be cut any day now ) wasn't too bright either. Losing Hernandez couldn't have been predicted ( but extending him to a big Buck$ contract w/o any strings attached was asking for trouble ). Gronks injury woes were a known factor well b4 camp began - so BB had to be aware that there was a good chance he'd be limitited . Thank god no other GM in the league believed in Edelman ( including BB , who only offered our currently most important  / reliable receiver a split 1 year contract ... think BB wishes number 11 was signed beyond this season ? )

Offensively speaking ...I would describe Belichicks GM job for 2013 as HORRIBLE.

BB is to be commended for taking steps to shore up the once porous D - but there's no tangible reason he had to do it at the expense of BREAKING the offense so BADly . Just like a certain TV character named Walter White , I believe BB let his EGO get in the way of doing the right thing ... Hopefully BB's story ends better than Walters .

( Tho kinda cool to picture a '78 Caddy Deville perched on the sideline of Mile High stadium , a smoking machine gun gyrating from the trunk while dead Bronco's are strewn across the end zone)

There isn't a head coach in football I'd rather see leading the Patriots ... but BB has to take a long look in the mirror at what he's done to Brady's side of the ball .

At the very least someone in the organization needs to step up and tell BB when the hoody has no clothes .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: BELICHICK = BLAME

Reactionary much... they're 4-1.

Talent is not the problem, the offense didn't play well, it doesn't mean that players who were all pro in the first four games now suddenly sux.  Belichick said prior to the game the Bengals were an unknown, that they didn't know much about them, the offense looked disjointed.  Bad games happen but get a grip, the season isn't over...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Talent is not the problem, the offense didn't play well, it doesn't mean that players who were all pro in the first four games now suddenly sux.  Belichick said prior to the game the Bengals were an unknown, that they didn't know much about them, the offense looked disjointed.  Bad games happen but get a grip, the season isn't over...

I agree its reactionary but this BB saying they were an unkown?? All week he kept alluding to the fact he scouted them last year because it was a chance to play and he cited some things he could use from his previous scouting seeing as they are the same team. Unkowns also work BOTH WAYS, If we dont know then, how do they know us? We have a totally new offense, and we still looked predictable. Having NO Tight end didnt help either. What happened to all our back up plans?? Fells, Ballard, Sudfeld?? Wow.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Seattle lost yesterday also, I wonder if they sux as well or we just reserve that contempt for the home team?  

The other shoe finally drops and the doom and gloomers finally have their day...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont put this loss on one person or one play. There were too many dropped passes, too many routes where TB and the WR were not on the same page, too many Cincy DL released at the wrong time to sack the QB.

We were seeing week by week improvement, but yesterday was a step back. This team may be a 10-6 or 9-7 team, and if they do win the division, they may be peaking at the right time, with everyone on offense back in the fold...I cant be to upset with this offense with out Gronk, Ridley and Vareen on the field, and DA back after missing 3 games...lets give it some more time.... I also put no stock in the inaccurate throws during the rain at the end of the game...those were very clearly NOT misthrown balls...those were VERY clearly balls that came out of TB's hands due to the rain...

I am curious as to why Cannon played so few snaps and when will Svitek play? This OL plays best when 7 man rotation is used 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Rewrite history all you want wozzy  - I'm not buying it ...

In case you havn't been paying attention the O hasn't looked right since the preseason games began

If we're being completely honest - the Pats are 4 -1  mainly because they've played 4 sub par qbs & only 1 solid vet

( Rookie Manuel / rookie Geno / cut Freeman  / unsteady  Dalton  &  Matt Ryan -who faced a D that played it's most inspired game in years  )

I suggest you Re-examine your own grip  ( on the Pats reality )

Unfortunately the Saints are coming to town ( and likely to ubruptly wake you up out of your denial )

No one is saying the Pats season is over ... but unless efforts are made to correct some serious offensive flaws - there's no way we 'll accomplish the only goal a true Pats fan has .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Wozzy, I have not been here long but I have agreed with most of the posts I have reado from you since being here.  But I must disagree.  Talent on offense is the problem.  Why are you trying to fool yourself.  We don't have enough of it. Injuries hurt too but we should have been prepared for injuries.  We just barely beat bad bills and jets teams, a bucs team who is a mess and almost lost to a Falcons team who is having struggles of their own.  The 4-1 record is pretty weak if you ask me. We can sit around all season long and say the WR have talent but the are way in over their heads.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Wozz is right. This thread is beyond reactionary. We get a handful of these posts after every loss, each and every season. People aren't rational, especially when it comes to the teams they support, and therefore we can't expect people to react rationally.

This team is perfectly fine. They had an off-day on offense. It happens every season to every team. 

Let's go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Wozz is right. This thread is beyond reactionary. We get a handful of these posts after every loss, each and every season. People aren't rational, especially when it comes to the teams they support, and therefore we can't expect people to react rationally.

This team is perfectly fine. They had an off-day on offense. It happens every season to every team. 

Let's go Pats!

I think it is a wake up call to everyone who has been in denial.  This offense is not that good.  We have barely beat some bad teams.  I think we need to start asking why Bill didn't do a better job bringing in good players on offense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The underlying premiss of this discussion is correct.  How does ANY TEAM, actually GM/Coach etc..,  allow the #1 offense in the land become so inept in just one season?  Most teams lose a player or two season to season and a comparable replacement can be had.  But, to gut TB's receiver corps in one season is amazing.  True, no one could have expected the Hernandez situation and the continuing saga of Gronkowski's return, but, to not have anything in the shed at the ready?  Amendola has come as advertised, but, only when he is healthy and that will be the $64,000 question all season.  What we thought would be a strong RB corps is also up in the air with continual injuries.  Again, how does this all happen in ONE SEASON!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Big picture... in November all these threads will look silly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Big picture... in November all these threads will look silly.

And if they dont, what will you say wozzy?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

More and more and more fans are finally realizing that what I and a few others have been saying for years is true; BB is a so-so GM.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I dont put this loss on one person or one play. There were too many dropped passes, too many routes where TB and the WR were not on the same page, too many Cincy DL released at the wrong time to sack the QB.

We were seeing week by week improvement, but yesterday was a step back. This team may be a 10-6 or 9-7 team, and if they do win the division, they may be peaking at the right time, with everyone on offense back in the fold...I cant be to upset with this offense with out Gronk, Ridley and Vareen on the field, and DA back after missing 3 games...lets give it some more time.... I also put no stock in the inaccurate throws during the rain at the end of the game...those were very clearly NOT misthrown balls...those were VERY clearly balls that came out of TB's hands due to the rain...

I am curious as to why Cannon played so few snaps and when will Svitek play? This OL plays best when 7 man rotation is used 

Rkarp I WAS all for the "we may just peak at the right time" BEFORE Vince Wilfork went down...now? Nope, not with no backup plan in place - we had an entire off season to get some defensive line help, instead we cut 2/3rds of it and signed a 33 year old guy (who looks excellent right now) and a kid with a heart condition. These two should of been complimentary to a drafted player or a young (in his prime) free agent. We used Vince like a set of used tires - this was bound to happen - no guy that weighs that much should be playing 80% of the snaps over the last 4 years. We did that because Ron Brace, Albert Haynesworth, Shaun Ellis, Jonathan Fenene and countless others weren't good enough. That is on the GM, no one else. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

The underlying premiss of this discussion is correct.  How does ANY TEAM, actually GM/Coach etc..,  allow the #1 offense in the land become so inept in just one season?  Most teams lose a player or two season to season and a comparable replacement can be had.  But, to gut TB's receiver corps in one season is amazing.  True, no one could have expected the Hernandez situation and the continuing saga of Gronkowski's return, but, to not have anything in the shed at the ready?  Amendola has come as advertised, but, only when he is healthy and that will be the $64,000 question all season.  What we thought would be a strong RB corps is also up in the air with continual injuries.  Again, how does this all happen in ONE SEASON!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

I do not understand how this is so hard for some to understand/accept?  For the love of God it sickens me to see such blind cult like faith in anything let alone a football GM. These receivers will be ok by mid year, good by end of next year and maybe one will be great in three. Brady will be gone around that time And we will have a rookie QB. He should have never never never have emptied the cupboards offensively like he did. The groceries he replaced them with are in no way ready for consumption right now or in the near future. Edible and they will stave of malnutrition but certainly not fit for the thanksgiving table.

The team is worse offensively than they are better defesnivley this year in comparison to last. Sorry if this strikes a blow to BB's Jim jones believers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Great Post CF.  I agree 100%

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLo-ylNPXyE

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

More and more and more fans are finally realizing that what I and a few others have been saying for years is true; BB is a so-so GM.

And one of these years you might be right. But not this year. Not next year either. Or the year after that. LMAO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Dang, I pretty much completely agree with this.  I must have a fever or something...or maybe you do?

One loss, and there's a line on the Mystic River Bridge. It was a bad game by the offense. The defense played great. It's early October, they're in first place. Get to the tournament and then everybody is 0-0. Hope you're reasonably healthy. Get a few fortuitous bounces and you're hoisting a Lombardi. Or you're just another of the other 31.

They got two thirds of the season and a game to figure out who they are and how to piece it together. including how to deal with VW's absence. Do you want some other coach handling that for your team? I'm good with our guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I love how posters say Belichick saddled Brady with a terrible defense for years or bad receivers... Brady without Belichick would be nothing.  If he went to a terrible team his career would have been over before it started.  David Carr was drafted by a horrid Texans team and was sacked 76 times his rookie year, Brady's skinny azz would have been broken in half on that team.  Was Carr a bust or did he have the bad luck of being drafted to a poor team, I'll say the latter.

You people are jokers, Belichick is to blame for the winningest record over the last decade.  While other teams have stunk during rebuilding, Bill did it on the fly and had YOUR team in the Super Bowl hunt the whole time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

And if they dont, what will you say wozzy?

[/QUOTE]

History has proven that theres a better chance of my being right than you, for the better part of a decade you have been predicting Belichick's demise and been dead wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Rkarp I WAS all for the "we may just peak at the right time" BEFORE Vince Wilfork went down...now? Nope, not with no backup plan in place - we had an entire off season to get some defensive line help, instead we cut 2/3rds of it and signed a 33 year old guy (who looks excellent right now) and a kid with a heart condition. These two should of been complimentary to a drafted player or a young (in his prime) free agent. ...

[/QUOTE]

I keep reading this, but I never see a name mentioned. Who is this prime FA? Who is the draftee they should have taken?

Armstead was a guy that a number of teams coveted. As good as a top draft choice, is what was said. He may well prove to be a stud. He got an infection. I haven't heard or read anything to indicate this has anything to do with his former heart condition, or that he won't be back soon. Kelly is great. Those two represented a major offseason upgrade. 

Besides, why are we even talking about the defense? They were terrific yesterday. As good or better than they ever were with big Vince. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Here Here Capt. Well said. BB is a superb coach- not so hot as a GM. Yep look at my Avatar- I admire BB's football genius. Do not like how he's handled his GM role. And that's putting it mildly. The offense looks like a version of "Toy Story"- misfits and cast offs. We can speculate till the cow's come home what's getting in the way of getting veteran talented receivers on the field. Ego. Check. Grudges. Check. Unreasonable. Check. Punitive. Check. Stubborn about his system. Check . Check. Check!

All of that and more led to the horrible loss of WW. Not sure why the Pats let Woodhead get away either. How can Bob Kraft like what he sees?  Yes, yes, I know the team is 4-1. And yes the D is much improved. But as BB says time after time they need to get better in all 3 phases of the game. The O is plain sad. And I like you lay that at the feet of BB.

Sections
Shortcuts