BELICHICK = BLAME

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: BELICHICK = BLAME

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

More and more and more fans are finally realizing that what I and a few others have been saying for years is true; BB is a so-so GM.

HI BABE!

RUSTY HATES THIS BUT UR LOOKING MORE RIGHT BY THE DAY!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

The Pats Need a Real GM!!!!!

Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

The underlying premiss of this discussion is correct.  How does ANY TEAM, actually GM/Coach etc..,  allow the #1 offense in the land become so inept in just one season?  Most teams lose a player or two season to season and a comparable replacement can be had.  But, to gut TB's receiver corps in one season is amazing.  True, no one could have expected the Hernandez situation and the continuing saga of Gronkowski's return, but, to not have anything in the shed at the ready?  Amendola has come as advertised, but, only when he is healthy and that will be the $64,000 question all season.  What we thought would be a strong RB corps is also up in the air with continual injuries.  Again, how does this all happen in ONE SEASON!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

I do not understand how this is so hard for some to understand/accept?  For the love of God it sickens me to see such blind cult like faith in anything let alone a football GM. These receivers will be ok by mid year, good by end of next year and maybe one will be great in three. Brady will be gone around that time And we will have a rookie QB. He should have never never never have emptied the cupboards offensively like he did. The groceries he replaced them with are in no way ready for consumption right now or in the near future. Edible and they will stave of malnutrition but certainly not fit for the thanksgiving table.

The team is worse offensively than they are better defesnivley this year in comparison to last. Sorry if this strikes a blow to BB's Jim jones believers. 

bravo!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I love how posters say Belichick saddled Brady with a terrible defense for years or bad receivers... Brady without Belichick would be nothing.  If he went to a terrible team his career would have been over before it started.  David Carr was drafted by a horrid Texans team and was sacked 76 times his rookie year, Brady's skinny azz would have been broken in half on that team.  Was Carr a bust or did he have the bad luck of being drafted to a poor team, I'll say the latter.

You people are jokers, Belichick is to blame for the winningest record over the last decade.  While other teams have stunk during rebuilding, Bill did it on the fly and had YOUR team in the Super Bowl hunt the whole time.

is that 6 year "rebuild" included in that "on the fly" russ?

i mean wozz sorry

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

THe offense stunk to high heaven.  That's what happened.  It could be disconcerting that after the progress they made against Atlanta, they went and laid an egg.

I'll raise an eyebrow if they blow it against the Saints.  That's a big chance to light a fire under the whole team and get on a serious roll.

Where does BB's problem lie? In STILL not having an answer for stifling, aggressive Ds who win the line of scrimmage.  That's what Cincy did, and the domino effect of OL collapsinging, Brady collapsing, WR/RB targets collapsing all fell into place (SEE: Giants/Ravens/Jets D-plans that beat us years back)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:

IMO ...

This is the 1st loss in recent memory that can be hung on the head of one person.

As much as it pains me to say this ... that person is Bill Belichick .

The Patriots put an inferior product on the field in Cincinnati Sunday and the Patriots GM is to blame. In fact it wasn't exactly the Patriot's "head coach's" finest hour either - SEE the Bengals 4th and goal td when the Pats D was in complete disarray just prior to the snap ... Time Out ! Time Out ! TIME OUT ! ( I heard some nut screaming from his couch somewhere in Suburbia ) meanwhile BB somehow ignored the plea , stoically standing by while BJGE easily scored the game sealing td ....but I digress .

The Patriots Offense was ... OFFENSIVE !

GM Belichick somehow managed to take the leagues #1 offense in 2012 and mangle it into a disjointed and punchless unit that couldn't muster a  td against an injury depleted Cincy D ( M.Johnson / L. Hall / B. Ghee ). Allowing WELKER to not only leave town but bolster your team's main impediment to a championship ( SEE Broncos ) was the single most inept GM move of the the NFL's offseason ( with the possible exception of continuing to sign Blaine Gabberts checks ) Not resigning a baller like Woodhead for "short" money ( 1.75 per season ) while instead giving the jingle to a one dimensional non entity like L. Washington ( likely to be cut any day now ) wasn't too bright either. Losing Hernandez couldn't have been predicted ( but extending him to a big Buck$ contract w/o any strings attached was asking for trouble ). Gronks injury woes were a known factor well b4 camp began - so BB had to be aware that there was a good chance he'd be limitited . Thank god no other GM in the league believed in Edelman ( including BB , who only offered our currently most important  / reliable receiver a split 1 year contract ... think BB wishes number 11 was signed beyond this season ? )

Offensively speaking ...I would describe Belichicks GM job for 2013 as HORRIBLE.

BB is to be commended for taking steps to shore up the once porous D - but there's no tangible reason he had to do it at the expense of BREAKING the offense so BADly . Just like a certain TV character named Walter White , I believe BB let his EGO get in the way of doing the right thing ... Hopefully BB's story ends better than Walters .

( Tho kinda cool to picture a '78 Caddy Deville perched on the sideline of Mile High stadium , a smoking machine gun gyrating from the trunk while dead Bronco's are strewn across the end zone)

There isn't a head coach in football I'd rather see leading the Patriots ... but BB has to take a long look in the mirror at what he's done to Brady's side of the ball .

At the very least someone in the organization needs to step up and tell BB when the hoody has no clothes .

I doubt my answer gets printed but BB had his worst game as HC. He didn't challange two plays that were clearly called wrong and both of them cost the Patriots on the score board. One was the Talib interception and the other was the Amendola TD. Oh well hindsight is better than foresight any day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Why does Kraft hang onto him then? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[/QUOTE]

Leon was signed to improve kick returns not to replace freaking Woodhead who as over-used anyway.

Welker and Woodhead = WHY WE LOSE GAMES WE SHOULD HAVE WON VS GOOD DS because they represent the shotgun spread abuse

How is the architect of the the only dynasty in the cap era, designer of 5 SB appearances and 3 rings, not the best in the cap era?

Who is better? Who has the better resume?  My "evidence" is you and your ilk never stating your case.

If there was no cap, Kraft would have kept Law, Branch, McGinest, Samuel, Vrabel, Seymour, Moss, etc, and not batted an eye.

We would have at least made it interesting in 2008 and made a swift run at the 2009 and 2010 SBs.

The cap is intended to make your team unstainable in terms of it being high quality.

NE has the highest winning% of any team in the cap era and since BB took over. He drafted Brady, to boot!  I have no evidence?!!!!

Go away troll.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes.  The offense is far more productive against "good defenses" now without those two guys. Surprised  Did you see all the points we put up against the Bengals?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

BB does seem to come into a season in disarray at times.  In the end I can only fault him in one area on this team and that's WR.  I don't know why he can't get that special FA WR in here.  Should have had one going into this year.  Too many rookies and the short game has given me tired head. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

All of the turmoil that has unfolded in the last 10 months is unfortunate, but mostly unavoidable.  Yes, I would agree that BB hasn't done as much as he could to help out Bradey.  But things like

-Gronks surgeries

-Hernandez fiasco

-Welker leaving (he wanted too much anyway, and we can't prevent what team he signs with)

Those things happen.  What BB HAS done (save for SS help) is shore up a darn good Defense that we here have been clamoring for for years!!!!  We are 4-1, and with our offensive ineptitude aren't going ANYWHERE besides one or two wins in the Postseason if we're lucky.  We will just have to hope and pray that our Rookie WRs grow and come back stronger next year and hopefully we can be more competive and competant on offense again. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

THe offense stunk to high heaven.  That's what happened.  It could be disconcerting that after the progress they made against Atlanta, they went and laid an egg.

I'll raise an eyebrow if they blow it against the Saints.  That's a big chance to light a fire under the whole team and get on a serious roll.

Where does BB's problem lie? In STILL not having an answer for stifling, aggressive Ds who win the line of scrimmage.  That's what Cincy did, and the domino effect of OL collapsinging, Brady collapsing, WR/RB targets collapsing all fell into place (SEE: Giants/Ravens/Jets D-plans that beat us years back)

There is a lot of truth to this.  The O line is not bad, but it's always had a few weak links who can be exploited by good defensive fronts (this goes back to the Nick Kaczur years). They don't lose all their battles with those aggressive fronts, but they lose too many of them and it often shifts the balance in favour of the opposing defense. I know people hate the shotgun, but one reason they use it so much is it gives Brady a bit more time and a better view to get the pass out quickly.  It can help counter an aggressive pass rush, even if it tips off pass.

Right now, the offense's biggest problem, though, is injury and inexperience of the wideouts.  If Gronk, Ridley, Vereen, and Amendola (who I think is still hobbled a bit) were all 100%, this offense would be much better. If (and it's a big if) the wideouts mature and prove to have good talent, this offense could be quite potent by year end.  

As a GM, the one mistake I think BB made on offense was allowing the WR position to deteriorate to the point that we had to go into this season with a group that was completely new to the team (with the exception of Edelman) and mostly new to the NFL.  BB really should have been grooming someone for that X receiver spot when Moss was still here, anticipating the eventual loss of Moss to age.  Instead, we've had no clear replacement for Moss and have had to use stop gaps (Stallworth, Branch, Lloyd) to fill a key position on a team that (let's face it) is primarily a passing team. It was also very risky to let the reliable and highly productive Welker walk when the receiver position in general was so thin.  You could have let Welker go if you had other proven and productive guys for continuity around him.  But without a solid, established group around him, you pretty much had to build your entire receiver corp in one season.  That's hugely risky and hard to do.  Maybe it will work.  But there's a possibility that all three rookie receivers will remain unproductive this year, that Amendola will continue to be plagued with injuries as he has been for the past two and a quarter seasons, and that Edelman (not an impact player) will by default become the "go-to" wideout. That's not a great situation, particularly given that we no longer have Hernandez to give us a receiver-like threat from the TE position. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

What are you talking about?

Inferior product? Because they lost a close low scoring game in which they did not play particularly well on one side of the ball? They lost by 7 points and had a chance right up till pretty much the very end of the game.

You try and make it sound like they lost 47-0 with your inferior product BS.

As far as the Cincy goal line play I don't know what you are talking about either. The Pats got beat at the point of attack. No Wilfork or Kelly, etc. It happens. Tip your cap to the other team. They were not in disarray. In fact I think it was Nink called a line call just before the snap, shifting everyone bunch to the middle right at the point of attack. It was perfectly done and they just got beat. Kudos to Cincy for powering through.

As far as the O side of the ball give it a rest.

Lets look at TE 1st. Like BB knew Gronk was going to take this long, if doctors where telling him otherwise? We do not know exactly what BB knew or what Dr's were telling him. You also are not band-aid fixing Gronk missing for weeks with a high-end replacement. Anyone high-end has a permanent gig, not a fill in. Like BB knew Hern would do what he did? He had plenty of TE's in camp. Even took a gamble paying a guy on IR last season in hopes he might be able to help this season(Ballard). Did not work out. Brought in a promising FA TE(Sudfeld). Had to take a chance on releasing him because of roster juggling due to injuries. Had others in like Fells and Hooman who had familiarity with both Brady and the system, not rookies.

Lets look at RB. He returned 3 of the top 4 backs from the "supposedly great" 2012 offense. That wasn't enough for you? Sure I really appreciate Woody also, he's a player. However, they drated a guy with even more athletic talent some years ago and slowly groomed him to eventually be able to take over that spot. At some point they pass the torch. It was going to happen. It happened, get over it. So bb knew Ridley, Vereen, and Boldin would "all" be injured and miss time early in the season before it started right? Woody did not make it through a full season in his 1st 3 years in the NFL. Maybe he would have been hurt this season as a Patriot as well. What a guy does with another team is irrelevant to what "might" happen here. Everyone has been whining about KO returns. BB got another option who is also a backup RB in Washington. I am sure BB was suppose to know that he would get injured right of the bat as well. Then BB trades a guy who is not even dedicated to football for a guy who is forgotton about on another team and can also back up Ridley as a potential lead back. Good thing he did since Ridley was out last game. So of all the things he DID do, you want to try and make something out of Woody not being back? Serioisly?

Finally the WR position. Branch was done and is done. Lloyd is a Bi-polar Loony bird who is not even in the NFL anymore. At least not right now. You can also add Hern into this discussion as he was as much a WR as he was a TE. Again, no one saw his actions coming. Edelman is back. For years people talked about him eventually being able to take over for Welker one day. Similar to the Vereen argument with Woody above. He showed he had capabilities as far back as filling in for Welker when Welker blew out his knee prior to the playoffs in 2009. Also let's stay on Welker for a moment. The Pats tried for how long to get a deal done with him? How many times did Kraft speak on the subject. Publicly stating he wanted him to stay but it takes two sides to do a deal and get agents and lawyers out of the equation? Did the Pats grossly misjudge his "actual" market value? I think not. Welker and his agent tried to play the supply and demand game to force the Pats into having to pay more. The Pats said I don't think so but nice try and signed someone else. Everyone had been whining that the Pats needed to draft some young WRs and develop them. They did that, including a guy who is fast. WHich was another whine, no one to stretch the field blah blah. The Pats brought in other FA WR's to compete. Those players were beat out. Whether "you" like the guys they took a look at or not is irrelevant to the idea that they addressed the position with who they thought would fit the team culture and offensive system. The Patriots also made a play for a restricted FA WR(Sanders). It did not work out, get over it. Even if it did work out there was NO guarantee he would be killing it here in this system or immediately been on the same page with Brady with zero communication problems. Could they have offered 1 more mil? Based on cap, sure, probably. Would it have made any difference at all in landing him? No one has the faintest idea. Could the Pats have given Welker 1 more mil? Based on cap, sure, probably. Would he have accepted that? No one has a clue as both sides of that negotiation are going to say whatever they want publicly and the truth lies well in the middle somewhere. Forget the Pats WR's for a moment, who is absolutely lighting it up somewhere else? Branch and Lloyd not even playing. Welker? Edelman has more catches than him at the moment. ..and Amendola and Edleman combined have more than him, if you want to consider those two injury guys equal to one welker. Wallace? Hartline? Hopkins? Sanders? Who? Some of those guys are 20-25 catches at the moment. Yes a lil bit better than Thompkins and Dobson so far. Less than Edleman though. More importantly is that in Thompkins case the difference is like 3 or 4 receptions. Is the 3 or 4 reception difference worth multi millions of dollars? Not to me. Not only that but when a players current team is actually genuinely interested in keeping a guy you usually have to really over pay to pry a player away from a team they are already settled with.

So basically what you are trying to tell all of us here is that.... wait for it....

Wes Welker and Danny Woodhead made this offense be what it was last year. Right?

How could the Chargers lose to the Raiders this week with Woody playing for them? I can't believe it. ...and Peyton must be cramming the ball down Welkers throat every play and he is what is making that offense go. Correct?

I don't mean to be a complete wise guy but I really do not understand any of that talk. 

** shaking head **

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

More and more and more fans are finally realizing that what I and a few others have been saying for years is true; BB is a so-so GM.

HI BABE!

RUSTY HATES THIS BUT UR LOOKING MORE RIGHT BY THE DAY!

Well...

For one thing, in Babes mind he is NEVER wrong ;-)

For another thing it would be very difficult for Babe to be wrong on this premise since his premise is that UNLESS you have the single best player in the NFL at every position on your roster then your roster is mediocre at best. lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

What are you talking about?

Inferior product? Because they lost a close low scoring game in which they did not play particularly well on one side of the ball? They lost by 7 points and had a chance right up till pretty much the very end of the game.

You try and make it sound like they lost 47-0 with your inferior product BS.

As far as the Cincy goal line play I don't know what you are talking about either. The Pats got beat at the point of attack. No Wilfork or Kelly, etc. It happens. Tip your cap to the other team. They were not in disarray. In fact I think it was Nink called a line call just before the snap, shifting everyone bunch to the middle right at the point of attack. It was perfectly done and they just got beat. Kudos to Cincy for powering through.

As far as the O side of the ball give it a rest.

Lets look at TE 1st. Like BB knew Gronk was going to take this long, if doctors where telling him otherwise? We do not know exactly what BB knew or what Dr's were telling him. You also are not band-aid fixing Gronk missing for weeks with a high-end replacement. Anyone high-end has a permanent gig, not a fill in. Like BB knew Hern would do what he did? He had plenty of TE's in camp. Even took a gamble paying a guy on IR last season in hopes he might be able to help this season(Ballard). Did not work out. Brought in a promising FA TE(Sudfeld). Had to take a chance on releasing him because of roster juggling due to injuries. Had others in like Fells and Hooman who had familiarity with both Brady and the system, not rookies.

Lets look at RB. He returned 3 of the top 4 backs from the "supposedly great" 2012 offense. That wasn't enough for you? Sure I really appreciate Woody also, he's a player. However, they drated a guy with even more athletic talent some years ago and slowly groomed him to eventually be able to take over that spot. At some point they pass the torch. It was going to happen. It happened, get over it. So bb knew Ridley, Vereen, and Boldin would "all" be injured and miss time early in the season before it started right? Woody did not make it through a full season in his 1st 3 years in the NFL. Maybe he would have been hurt this season as a Patriot as well. What a guy does with another team is irrelevant to what "might" happen here. Everyone has been whining about KO returns. BB got another option who is also a backup RB in Washington. I am sure BB was suppose to know that he would get injured right of the bat as well. Then BB trades a guy who is not even dedicated to football for a guy who is forgotton about on another team and can also back up Ridley as a potential lead back. Good thing he did since Ridley was out last game. So of all the things he DID do, you want to try and make something out of Woody not being back? Serioisly?

Finally the WR position. Branch was done and is done. Lloyd is a Bi-polar Loony bird who is not even in the NFL anymore. At least not right now. You can also add Hern into this discussion as he was as much a WR as he was a TE. Again, no one saw his actions coming. Edelman is back. For years people talked about him eventually being able to take over for Welker one day. Similar to the Vereen argument with Woody above. He showed he had capabilities as far back as filling in for Welker when Welker blew out his knee prior to the playoffs in 2009. Also let's stay on Welker for a moment. The Pats tried for how long to get a deal done with him? How many times did Kraft speak on the subject. Publicly stating he wanted him to stay but it takes two sides to do a deal and get agents and lawyers out of the equation? Did the Pats grossly misjudge his "actual" market value? I think not. Welker and his agent tried to play the supply and demand game to force the Pats into having to pay more. The Pats said I don't think so but nice try and signed someone else. Everyone had been whining that the Pats needed to draft some young WRs and develop them. They did that, including a guy who is fast. WHich was another whine, no one to stretch the field blah blah. The Pats brought in other FA WR's to compete. Those players were beat out. Whether "you" like the guys they took a look at or not is irrelevant to the idea that they addressed the position with who they thought would fit the team culture and offensive system. The Patriots also made a play for a restricted FA WR(Sanders). It did not work out, get over it. Even if it did work out there was NO guarantee he would be killing it here in this system or immediately been on the same page with Brady with zero communication problems. Could they have offered 1 more mil? Based on cap, sure, probably. Would it have made any difference at all in landing him? No one has the faintest idea. Could the Pats have given Welker 1 more mil? Based on cap, sure, probably. Would he have accepted that? No one has a clue as both sides of that negotiation are going to say whatever they want publicly and the truth lies well in the middle somewhere. Forget the Pats WR's for a moment, who is absolutely lighting it up somewhere else? Branch and Lloyd not even playing. Welker? Edelman has more catches than him at the moment. ..and Amendola and Edleman combined have more than him, if you want to consider those two injury guys equal to one welker. Wallace? Hartline? Hopkins? Sanders? Who? Some of those guys are 20-25 catches at the moment. Yes a lil bit better than Thompkins and Dobson so far. Less than Edleman though. More importantly is that in Thompkins case the difference is like 3 or 4 receptions. Is the 3 or 4 reception difference worth multi millions of dollars? Not to me. Not only that but when a players current team is actually genuinely interested in keeping a guy you usually have to really over pay to pry a player away from a team they are already settled with.

So basically what you are trying to tell all of us here is that.... wait for it....

Wes Welker and Danny Woodhead made this offense be what it was last year. Right?

How could the Chargers lose to the Raiders this week with Woody playing for them? I can't believe it. ...and Peyton must be cramming the ball down Welkers throat every play and he is what is making that offense go. Correct?

I don't mean to be a complete wise guy but I really do not understand any of that talk. 

** shaking head **

Wow...that was one long post.  You might need to rest after all of that.  But, I have to say, I agree with you 100%  Nicely done. Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

What this thread amounts to...

WAA WAA WAA why doesn't Belichick have All Pro's on the back end of his depth chart?!  Why didn't he foresee Aaron Hernandez becoming a serial killer?!  

He should have known that Gronk, Vereen, Ridley, Amendola, Wilfork and others were going to miss time due to injury and had Barry Sanders, Ben Coates, Troy Brown and Reggie White waiting in the wings... I mean all of these guys should be on our practice squad.

And what about all the Pro Bowl players who are sitting at home right now, why haven't we called them?!

Also why didn't we snap up all of the highest priced free agents over the past five off seasons, I mean it has worked for the Redskins after all?!

Waaaaa!!!!

Grow a pair will ya, did you really think they'd go undefeated?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's a fing embarrassment...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

It's a fing embarrassment...

LOL!!  That sums it up pretty well.  Thanks.  People just need to come in from the ledge.

Sections
Shortcuts