Belichick Compares Gostowski To Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Belichick Compares Gostowski To Brady

Q: How far has

Stephen Gostkowski come in his eight years as kicker?

BB: I think, it’s maybe a little bit like [Tom] Brady. He gets a little bit better each year, but he started off at a pretty high level. He’s had a lot of great years for us and individual plays. He continues to work hard at his job, his training, his conditioning, his technique, obviously the execution with his other teammates on field goals. He just becomes a better student of the game, more knowledgeable, more experienced, better situational player. But it’s incremental. It wasn’t like it started at a low point. It started at a pretty high point and it’s gradually ratcheted it up a little bit. You talk about Brady, where he was in ’02, ’03, ’04, he played at a pretty good level but has continued to improve since then too. His work ethic and attention to detail and focus on a lot of little things, but again, it wasn’t the jump that he made his first year, let’s put it that way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Belichick Compares Gostowski To Brady

This will put Rusty on the watch. BB is saying Brady gets better and better as Rusty claims the opposite. Ouch. Rusty gotta be butt-sore after that.

Hang in there Rusty. All is not lost. Well - really it is in regard to your BS agenda. But that has been lost since it started anyway, so welcome to reality.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

This will put Rusty on the watch. BB is saying Brady gets better and better as Rusty claims the opposite. Ouch. Rusty gotta be butt-sore after that.

Hang in there Rusty. All is not lost. Well - really it is in regard to your BS agenda. But that has been lost since it started anyway, so welcome to reality.

Hey babe, who sux worse Gostkowski or Mayo?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Hey babe, who sux worse Gostkowski or Mayo?

Really TC, you need to not say I said things I never said. I never said Mayo sux. Never. Not ever. Not one time. I don't make false claims about what you say. I would appreciate the same consideration.

Gostkowski I have generally not had a lot of faith in. He seems more clutch this year, but I'm still not convinced.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Seems there are quite a few good kickers in the NFL right now... Ghost is definitely somewhere in the top 5.

My top 5 not in any order... Includes kickoff ability

Ghost

Prater

Foles

Hauschska (i think thats the spelling)

Zuerlien

All are very accurate and all have big legs.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Seems there are quite a few good kickers in the NFL right now... Ghost is definitely somewhere in the top 5.

Ghost

Prater

Foles

Zuerlien

Foles? That's the Eagles QB. Do you mean Folk?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

Ghost

Prater

Foles

Zuerlien

it should be the jests kicker

AS to being clutch , As i have posted before  - Gost has the highest 4th qtr fg % since 1994 - the only one over 95% and this year it has gone higher and now no one is clse to him. He has come in after the greatest clutch kicker in NFL history who will get to the HOF. Gost just hasnt had to make those kicks - I am not sure that he isnt better than AV on KO's and he does have 1 Onsides as aPat that AV didn't, but base on brand memeory it is hard not to have more confidentce in AV. But I am real  real happy we have Gost.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Yes.  Bb always trashes his players publicly, babe.

Funny how you take what BB says as gospel when it supports your agenda, and trash it when it doesn't. At least you're consistently dishonest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

Ghost

Prater

Foles

Zuerlien

Yeah sorry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

Q: How far has

Stephen Gostkowski come in his eight years as kicker?

BB: I think, it’s maybe a little bit like [Tom] Brady. He gets a little bit better each year, but he started off at a pretty high level. He’s had a lot of great years for us and individual plays. He continues to work hard at his job, his training, his conditioning, his technique, obviously the execution with his other teammates on field goals. He just becomes a better student of the game, more knowledgeable, more experienced, better situational player. But it’s incremental. It wasn’t like it started at a low point. It started at a pretty high point and it’s gradually ratcheted it up a little bit. You talk about Brady, where he was in ’02, ’03, ’04, he played at a pretty good level but has continued to improve since then too. His work ethic and attention to detail and focus on a lot of little things, but again, it wasn’t the jump that he made his first year, let’s put it that way.

I dunno about any of that but I have always said he has one of the best nicknames in sports

Sections
Shortcuts