Belichick documentary on NFL Network tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Re: Belichick documentary on NFL Network tonight

Amazing Footage ...

The rest of the country now knows what us die-hard Pats fans already knew .

Namely that BB at heart is actually a pretty normal guy

Heres a link to sight where you can watch the NFL Network ...

my guess is they'll repeat it sometime this week .

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Probably the best hour of television I have watched in a few years. Can't wait till next week.

Best part was,"OH SHUT THE F@$K UP MASON, OK F$#K YOU look at the score board"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

looks like its all available to see here
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

liked the recognition of problems in the ground game and how vulnerable they are. gives me confidence that this has been on his mind for two years. it explains the draft. we can expect to see the ground game come along this year.

i did not like the part where they talked about philosophy on playing in the snow. conventional thinking in the league is to run the ball and the team with the stronger ground game wins. you can go back to the game in chicago. you hear everyone saying it's going to be a battle on the ground. pats threw and blew out chicago. that small piece of information eliminated the advantage they had from that simple insight. snow games will be harder to win now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Favority parts for me were...

At Giants stadium, talking about when he was defensive coach for the Giants and talking about playing racketball with Parcells "Of course, soon as it was over, he'd light into about four cigarettes."

The Mason smack talk!  Awesome!  I was wishing it was Mason who dropped the ball on the 4th down play but I have read that it was Clayton.

Everything he said to watch out for against the Jets happened.  He called it, every single thing he said to watch out for happened.  The other coaches had their heads up their but and didn't listen apparently.

Great show!! Can't wait for part 2 next Thursday!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

That was awsome!! The Mason part was funny as hell lol ....Also liked watching the things he told the players in the meetings, watching him taking Brady's imput...It's just great to see cuz I always feel like the Pats were the only team that never let you know what goes on behind the scenes...and Bill's wife is a complete Smokeshow Coug.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I was glad they cleared up the "not handshake" after the McDaniels game in Denver. At least BB wasn't being a poor sport. I would venture to guess in the 2007 SB it was the same with Tom C.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick documentary on NFL Network tonight:
    [QUOTE]liked the recognition of problems in the ground game and how vulnerable they are. gives me confidence that this has been on his mind for two years. it explains the draft. we can expect to see the ground game come along this year. 
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I laughed when I heard that.  All 2009 and 2010 I was saying that the problem with our offense is that it's not diverse enough. If you shut down the short passing game, there's nothing left.  That's exactly what the Ravens and Jets did in the playoffs the past two years. 

I think things have improved a lot this year, though.  The TEs add a new dimension to the offense, and I hope the run game is better with BJGE's progression and the new RBs.  If Slater, Price, Branch and Ocho give us more threats on the sidelines and deep, then we've got many more options than we had the past two years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]looks like its all available to see here http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots
    Posted by McFEETers[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

here's the link: http://www.filesonic.com/file/2004656084

what caught my attention the most is the leadership/ cohesiveness issues in the locker room, gon watch this again on a better quality, sound's kinda crappy on that link but, it's watchable :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

What about Bob Kraft asking Seymore if he liked it here!  lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

fascinating hour of TV.  can't wait for next week.  most of my close friends are fans of other teams (mostly Giants and Jets) because of where we grew up, but even they were tuned in and were very impressed - especially the Giants fans.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

To me, the most telling part of the whole documentary was Kraft meeting with the football "brain trust" after the Seymour trade was finalized, and saying, "now we can focus on Wilfork."

People who criticize BB for that trade sometimes miss the big picture: Both Wilfork and Seymour were going to be FAs after 2009 and they couldn't afford to sign both of them if they wanted to re-sign Brady as well. 

One of them had to go, so BB decided to trade the older guy, who played a less critical position (NT in a 3-4 is pretty critical, yes?). It didn't help Seymour's case that he and BB would clash on occasion, going all the way back to his rookie season. (Remember when Riddick Parker started at DE in place of Seymour in the first quarter of the Raiders' playoff game at the old stadium? It was because Seymour had run afoul of team rules during the week leading up to the game and was being disciplined--that happened more than once during his time in NE.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yes, it was an hour well spent.

Love the insight from BB back in 09' on how to stop the Pats offense. He commented on if teams take Moss and Welker out that basically that they had no one to pass to after that. I think his plans for the TE's in this offense was already being hatched.

Also loved his talk with Ed Reed. To say openly to a player, "Your the best FS that ever played this game..." was really something given BB has been in the league 35+ years and has seen a lot of FS. The respect he and Brady have for Reed was amazing to see on camera.

What I didn't love was BB countlessly pointing out to his assistants what they had to do against the Jets, and no one taking notice. They got beat just the way BB stated, and his assistants didn't listen for whatever reason. I was less impressed with our coaching staff outside of BB after watching this last night.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick documentary on NFL Network tonight : "You should be proud of a good post, look at all the time and effort you put into it"
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Thanks bobbysu!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I enjoyed this very much and can't wait until next week! 

Hillarious how he was stuffing his face eating lunch while talking to the media over the phone - and a couple million people listening!  Also, the golfing with jeans & sneakers was priceless.  He earns over $5M per year and drives a Chevy. 

The man is simply an old school down to earth guy that happens to be a football genious.   He doesn't give a rats arss about being popular or materialistic things..

Absolutely love it! 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, it was an hour well spent. Love the insight from BB back in 09' on how to stop the Pats offense. He commented on if teams take Moss and Welker out that basically that they had no one to pass to after that. I think his plans for the TE's in this offense was already being hatched. Also loved his talk with Ed Reed. To say openly to a player, "Your the best FS that ever played this game..." was really something given BB has been in the league 35+ years and has seen a lot of FS. The respect he and Brady have for Reed was amazing to see on camera. What I didn't love was BB countlessly pointing out to his assistants what they had to do against the Jets, and no one taking notice. They got beat just the way BB stated, and his assistants didn't listen for whatever reason. I was less impressed with our coaching staff outside of BB after watching this last night.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Well said! I felt those parts were great as well!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm sure you'll be able to find it online pretty soon, Killa

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts