Belichick explains why he allowed documentary series to be made

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Belichick explains why he allowed documentary series to be made

From WEEI.com:

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/A-Football-Life-Bill-Belichick/344b4cd5-1b24-43e6-baa0-5076c55216ff

FOXBORO — Bill Belichick said Monday he looks forward to seeing the upcoming two-part NFL Network documentary – “A Football Life: Bill Belichick” – shot in 2009 by NFL Films.

“When they approached us on it, it was the Patriots’ 50th season, my 35th season in the NFL, so it was a little bit of a unique situation and so, organizationally, they captured the team’s 50th year along with what I did,” Belichick said. “They really did it in a way that was not intrusive. They didn’t really know what they were going to do with it. They just did it to archive it and do it in a historical way and there were no set plans on what to do with it, how to present it or anything like that. That evolved, I guess, later on.”

The documentary captures Belichick on the field and off, showing him with the team and also relaxing at his vacation home on Nantucket.

“I have a ton of respect for NFL Films, Steve Sabol, Ken Rodgers, their whole crew, staff down there,” Belichick added. “I think they do a tremendous job and they’ve always been good to work with. I have a great trust in what they do and the professional way they present it. And so, I personally agree with but organizationally, we also signed off on it.”

NFL Films executive Steve Sabol was on hand in Canton this summer as his father – and NFL Films founder – Ed Sabol was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Belichick said he has not been shown the entire two-part series, with the first part set to debut on Sept. 15 at 9 p.m. ET on NFL Network.

“No, I haven’t. I’ve just seen a couple of excerpts of it. I hope they can find a way to make me look not so bad,” Belichick said. “I haven’t seen the whole thing. I’m sure there’s a lot in there that’s not just about me. They put it together. It’s their thing. I don’t really know what they have, how it’s presented or the flow of it or anything else. I’m sure I’ll be a main character in the show, based on the title.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Belichick explains why he allowed documentary series to be made

It should be a great view. BB is an interesting fellow, very smart and he deserves to be showcased for his great coaching abilities.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Another way to look at this....who would you rather see on the NFL network as a subject of a two part documentary, Master Hoodie or the Fat Foot Smeller and his fetishistic marriage. (" Mr. Sabol, could you get a closeup of those toes, please!?")?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

hahaha

Sections
Shortcuts