Belichick hints at getting Larry Johnson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Belichick hints at getting Larry Johnson?

just heard bel on eei. when asked point blank about getting  larry johnson, he said that he doubts it. but per usual with bel just as he did way back in week2 when talking about joey galloway or with AD way bak in week 3, he's pretty much an open book about his actual intentions if one can read between his lines or grasp his usually clear details. he said that he doubts it strictly because he expects other teams who get to select him way ahead of the pats to do so. then he explained his philosophy on these things and explained how he did the moss and dillon things. i did not get the feeling that he had some great moral problem with him or found that LJ simply did not fit in the pats approach or anything like that. his ONLY issue is that he expects for there to be a big demand for this guy and someone else will beat him to the punch. if LJ somehow drops down to the pats, he will be playg the rest of his home games this year in FOXBORO!  most likely morris would be put on IR again or BJE will be cut! we could certainly use the depth this guy brings. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Belichick hints at getting Larry Johnson?

In Response to Belichick hints at getting Larry Johnson?:
    just heard bel on eei. when asked point blank about getting  larry johnson, he said that he doubts it. but per usual with bel just as he did way back in week2 when talking about joey galloway or with AD way bak in week 3, he's pretty much an open book about his actual intentions if one can read between his lines or grasp his usually clear details. he said that he doubts it strictly because he expects other teams who get to select him way ahead of the pats to do so. then he explained his philosophy on these things and explained how he did the moss and dillon things. i did not get the feeling that he had some great moral problem with him or found that LJ simply did not fit in the pats approach or anything like that. his ONLY issue is that he expects for there to be a big demand for this guy and someone else will beat him to the punch. if LJ somehow drops down to the pats, he will be playg the rest of his home games this year in FOXBORO!  most likely morris would be put on IR again or BJE will be cut! we could certainly use the depth this guy brings. 
    Posted by choircontrarian

I don't know. Johnson says he doesn't like white coaches telling what to do. Personally I don't like the guy but if he can play well I don't care. I'm just not convinced he is the player he was a few years back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick hints at getting Larry Johnson?:
    In Response to Belichick hints at getting Larry Johnson? : I don't know. Johnson says he doesn't like white coaches telling what to do. Personally I don't like the guy but if he can play well I don't care. I'm just not convinced he is the player he was a few years back.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Belichick aint white.. he's a white brotha. I don't think LJ likes losing white coaches! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick hints at getting Larry Johnson? : its funny that ive only heard this racial remark come from you.
    Posted by sorelosers

Why don't you try googling it then. He said it , not me..
    What's funny about it. Racism on a football team can cause problems and he has problems right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Yeah he brings depth. A depth of emotional issues and character flaws. The guy has no self control.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick hints at getting Larry Johnson? : Belichick aint white.. he's a white brotha. I don't think LJ likes losing white coaches! 
    Posted by bubbakilla

You're probably right about that. Guys usually change their tune when they come here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One things for sure if he came to the Patriots it would be under a gag rule! Because ain't no one allowed to talk to the press as a Patriot player is concerned.I wonder how he would like that especially sionce this a team full of dominant alpha males,and none of them have crossed the line as far as BB's dictum regarding press related stories. Also the only thing that BB cares about is winning,that does as a rule eliminate a lot of the racial issues. Because winning has no color.Unless you count Green and Gold.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

once larry johnson clears waivers, meaning no team decides to pick up his 2.1m deal, he will be free to sign with any other team. i have a hunch the pats have already talked to his reps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

If Scott Pioli of the Chiefs tells BB that LJ is locker room cancer then the Pats won't even sniff. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I could see them kicking the tires on this and if he gets brought in it would be after he clears waivers and if he signs a vet min. deal that allows him to "fix" his image for a contract after the season. I put it at a 25% chance it happens though because Morris is close to being back likely at Indy and Maroney (though I cant stand his running style) is having a nice year 5.1 yds. per attempt.

Sections
Shortcuts