Belichick is failing this team...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Belichick is failing this team...

In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team... : I guess I'm wondering if you can then explain the 2008 season in which the Pats went 11-5 without Tom Brady. 
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

The weak schedule of 2008 has been explained a million times.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]How am I worshipping BB if I just said BB had his worst coached game I've seen in a regular season in a while, maybe back to 2009? I also don't like his releasing of Bodden, onside kick choice there, etc. Or his 3rd down D with zone or a blitz. You can't change the fact he's going to the HOF, Undies, and he's still the best coach in this league. It's absolutey outrageous and embarrassing to see Pats fans expect 16-0 every year.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

What kind of brain-dead tripe are you spewing now wonderboy? Nobody expects or even cares about 16-0. They, like every football fan out there, want to win a Super Bowl. And we are going on 7 years without one so people with a brain are starting to ask why.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Belichick is failing this team... : I agree with everything you're saying. I used to be a BB ballwasher but each year after 2005 its become more obvious that this team can not reload. Football is a young man's game and its just passed BB by. BB is not the offensive coordinator and that is the only part of the team that performs well week in and week out. And when the offense doesn't perform they look terrible. BB has brought us greatness a long time ago but that team is gone and the new one stinks. I'm sure if the rules hadn't changed BB could coach better but you can't hide players anymore and something has to change. Anyone could coach this offense but there's no one that can coach up this pathetic defense. I'm selling this dissapointing lot and I don't really care if the faithful/religious don't want to hear it.You're right on Stanley Morgan.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]

Here we go again. Lose one game and all the "experts" come out of the woodwork with the tired old "the game has passed him by" BS.

To date this season and last season we're 19-4. That doesn't sounds like a coach who's had the game pass him by to me.

I believe BB's biggest problem is picking DBs. His record of drafing for the defensive backfield has been horrible. It seems as if we're been using high draft picks on corners for the past decade and we still don't have a respectable starting pair, let alone one star, shut-down corner.

If we had a NY Giant pass rush, maybe we could get away with that. Obviously, we don't. Note that the steelers played practically the entire game with an empty backfield yesterday and their O line is weak at best. They were only able to do that because they know we have no pass rush and we didn't. We let the big doofus stand back there all day and pick us apart.

I don't know what BB can do about that. You know the Giants are looking at that game film right now. I'm afraid, if we meet again in the playoffs we're going to get the same treatment. I hate to say it but its beginning to look more and more like we're not going make it past the second round again this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Sorry, but I would take G.B.'s defense any day and it should never be mentioned in the same breath of our defense...

G.B. has a pass rush and playmakers on defense that actually get off the field.

Why are bringing up the fact that G.B. gave up 30 to the Steelers when they won the game and that was last year?

G.B. runs with the lead...thats how they held off Minny.

Bringing up Green Bay is like saying our 03 team was no good because we allowed 32 points to Carolina ...

When you score a lot, the other team has more chances too, so hence the high score.  All I care about is winning, regardless of how the game goes.

Right now, unless we get lights out play from Brady, we will lose!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

[QUOTE]Typical irrational based thread here again. Do you expect them to win every game on the road?  Funny how when the D is great agaisnt the Jets or Dallas, no one says a word. They give up 23 on the road, only 6 measly points in the second half with our offense doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON THEIR OWN FOR THE ENTIRE GAME, and it's the defense's fault, exclusively? Or is it because Brady doesn't play on the D? 3 and outs, field position losses, etc. I'll be happy to blame BB for a dumb decision on the onside kick, as it still has me scratching my head this morning, especially after the D kept holding and holding, bailing out the anemic offense. He also didn't adjust quicker in the first half, playing way too much zone, likely in fear of Wallace getting behind them. Also, give Pitt some credit. They had a good gameplan. NE should have switched to man coverage, at least, sometimes, to give Ben more looks.  This is another BB complaint, but Patricia also needs to be repsonsible for that as he calls in the plays. More so BB in that case, since he's a def guy and should be seeing it. Pitt had scripted 3 straight game starting drives, so it wasn't uncommon for them to be sharp out of the gate in that situation.  Blame the D for that, no problem, but allowing FGs almost exclusviely on some short fields after that is also not as bad as being spun here. Some of you are absolute liars or flat out failing to admmit the offense is the source of this team's problems. Brady finally admitted it: "I don't think we complemented our defense very well," Brady said. "In the first quarter we had an opportunity to answer their score, and you know, we go three-and-out, so there was too many three-and-outs, there's just a poor level of execution all the way around. Individually, we all have to look in the mirror and figure out what we have to do better." You gotta run the ball to give the D some kind of chance. Not moving the ball at all is not going to work.

Agree...play mix was lousy but had a bad inkling when "Law-firm" was absolutely destroyed in the early stanza. Cheap hits, blatant holding etc. aside Pitt. came to play old style Pitt. football....NewEngland?  Not so much....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PChungAllDay25. Show PChungAllDay25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team... : I'm still waiting for someone . . .  anyone . . .  to tell me who they would rather have than Belichick.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

See I think as patriots fan we all seem to take it out of context if anyone questions belichick it isnt the question of is there a better coach than belichick or do I want another coach because I wouldnt question that but I do think he takes too much time in trying to add to his hype or genius then doing obvious things.Like first everyone was calling for the release of meriweather and guess what you all got it yes he doesnt play much in chicago now but we didnt have one player or even a plan to replace him this year.Sergio brown?Josh Barrett?James Idhedibo?are you kidding me I would take meriweathers bone headed moves and free lancing anyday over a bunch of unproven guys who dream of the day they can even muster up enough balls to hit someone helmet to helmet like bweather.Next up is  belichick draft strategy how many times have you seen belichick make these picks that no one has heard of or injury riddled players who benefit us in no way?Almost every year.I know here it comes what about hernandez what about gronk?Wow two players who worked out well how about cunningham over dunlap?what about mccourty over dez bryant?what about two runningbacks ridley and vereen who belichick wont even play over the over the hill faulk.I could go on for days.These picks are not a part of belichick manuevering the board they are a result of belichick trying to overthink the obvious.Now lets get recent into the drafting of dowling an injury proned player who never lived up to his potential in college looked good in the first game and then due to a lack of proper screening by the pats thought his injury was something simpler then it was and he gets placed in the 8th week on IR with no one to replace him.Oh and in that same week we release bodden so we can play molden and phillip adams sounds like belichick trying to prove he is smarter then the other coaches who passed up on these scrubs.I could go on and on with dumb moves by belichick but what I am getting at is I am sick of pats fans thinking because belichick brought us to glory once that we should stick by this bull in bill we trust its not like that anymore its what have you done for us lately?Answer really is nothing nobody cares about stats or records we lose in the playoffs and get exposed by good teams.Fire O'Brien and whoever is calling the defense get some real coordinators make some big moves stop living on Brady cause lets face he isnt what he used to be sad to say it people.I know here it comes though I am not a real pats fan because I am not buying into in bill we trust face it the patriots have problems on offense,defense,special teams,coaching,and mental toughness :/.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PChungAllDay25. Show PChungAllDay25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team... : As a troll you only complain after losses and don't put any accountability on Brady or the offense. Brady tosses 4 INTS against Buffalo and you blame the D. Same thing here. It's a joke. Brady won SBs with Givens and Branch as lead WRs.  He made Reche Caldwell look great. Where is that Brady now? Is Brady controlling O'Brien, watning to pass? Hmmm. He said he didn't like playing under Center.  Hmmm.

I totally agree lots of the blame is on brady but belichick lets him do what he wants and so doesn't o'brien.Anyone see on the one play they put price in the game he burns ike taylor and brady throws the biggest floating pass ever.Also can anybody come up the stats of how many throw aways does brady have lately?I dont think many he almost always holds it and takes the sack.Lets not even get into the fact of what he was doing wasting all that time on the goaline last game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goosedaddy. Show goosedaddy's posts

The Patriot defense is the worst in the league, there's no question, and it is BB fault. He has mismanaged the draft the last 5 years with a few, very few exceptions. His free agent pickups at first were good, but none in the last five years. The fact is players are what wins game, not scheme. The Patriots won the football lottery in 2001 when Brady fell in their laps, hell BB had just signed Bledsoe to a 100 million contract, how does that look now. He's had numerous years with 2 first round picks and never gets a big name defensive player with them, he trades down for another 3rd or 4th, and takes some obscure 15th rated DE so that if he works out he'll get the credit. And then there's this last years draft, he had 2 more no 1s and took a OL who's not bad, but then a hurt corner and 2 RB back to back. Follow that with another QB and of all things a tight end. Where's the D! we passed up so many good fresh young defensive players, it's a joke. And he's a defensive genius? Bullcrap. He should kiss Brady's backside everyday he comes into work!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team... : Brady doesn't draft, coach, cut or resign players.  He doesn't coach the defense. He doesn't hire assistant coaches or trade down on draft day.  He doesn't sign free agents.  BB does.  He's a hall of fame QB, if he wants to call his own plays, I think at this stage of his career, he's earned it.
    Posted by southernpat[/QUOTE]
    Every offense has its ups and downs but I think Brady is the least of their problems. What if? what if?  What if?
    What if the Pats had some playmakers on defense who played consistently?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

well, the Steelers dinked and dunked us to death.......say, that's what we used to do on offense too (except we had folks like smith and dillon who could get 100 yards/game).

Wasn't it McGinnest who said it was as much the players as it was the system?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team... : Yes, I am one of the 50 people you call Phat Rex.  I will take it as a compliment, I guess, because it is always connected to your sad little tirades about how great our D is and how bad Brady is.  So, thanks.  If you can't handle being shown up, find another forum where it's just you.
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]
    Rusty was also there in the bunker April 1945 in Berlin telling everyone not to worry that defeatists were pink hats and victory was assured.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

That is completely absurd. Our run D is not top 10.  You misuse of statistics is weak.  The facts that teams choose to pass on our D about 70% of the time does not mean we have a good run D.  Our run D is middle of the pack.  Anyone who knows anything about football knows that yards per rushing attempt is far more important than total yards given up.  Why don't you?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'll add this.. Does anyone here want to trade what we have enjoyed from the Pats over the last 10 - 11 years for another team's results?  WE are VERY spoiled by what happened in the 2001 - 2005 time span and what happened in 2007 and expected it not to end.  There are franchises whose entire history is not close to what the Patriots are currently enjoying when it comes to winning and making the playoffs these last 10 or so years.  As it is often thrown at the faces of Patriots Nation, there is a feeling of entitlement here and we see it all too often lately.  Disappointment in the team's performance is one thing, but to act like it is a given, or rather an unfailing expectation, is another.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

GB's defense is better than NE's.  GB is top 10 in points allowed and RYPG.  GB is second to last in PYPG but NE is dead last.

If you look closer at Green Bay's passing defense, you'd see a lot of those yards are garbage time.  Bradford threw for 330 but the Rams scored 3 points and were never in the game.  Orton went for 270 but again, that game was over in the first half.  Newton went for over 400 but threw 3 picks. 

The difference is NE has given up 2 huge passing games in losses, GB shut down Matt Ryan (160 yds and 2 INT) in a win. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team... : They're not that good against the run and are 31 in passing yards allowed. Disagree, there.  They lost some key players and it has hurt their depth (Jenkins and Nick Barnett, Popinga, etc). Ours is top 10 against the run and top 5 with INTs created.

Again you are overrating our defense and underrating the Packers. The Packers are also top ten against the run giving up one less yard per game than the Patriots. Meanwhile they give up 45 fewer passing yards per game. It doesn't even have to do with how often teams throw against the Patriots they are also last in the league yards against per pass attempt.

Check you INT stats again. The Packers are second in the NFL in terms of picks and the Patriots are 5th in AFC!

Most importantly the Packers give up a field goal less per game and are top ten in points against while the Patriots are in even in the top half of league.

Stop trying to twist random stats to make it sound like this defense is not amongst the worst in the NFL especially against the pass.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]I'll add this.. Does anyone here want to trade what we have enjoyed from the Pats over the last 10 - 11 years for another team's results?  WE are VERY spoiled by what happened in the 2001 - 2005 time span and what happened in 2007 and expected it not to end.  There are franchises whose entire history is not close to what the Patriots are currently enjoying when it comes to winning and making the playoffs these last 10 or so years.  As it is often thrown at the faces of Patriots Nation, there is a feeling of entitlement here and we see it all too often lately.  Disappointment in the team's performance is one thing, but to act like it is a given, or rather an unfailing expectation, is another.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

AMEN

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]I'll add this.. Does anyone here want to trade what we have enjoyed from the Pats over the last 10 - 11 years for another team's results?  WE are VERY spoiled by what happened in the 2001 - 2005 time span and what happened in 2007 and expected it not to end.  There are franchises whose entire history is not close to what the Patriots are currently enjoying when it comes to winning and making the playoffs these last 10 or so years.  As it is often thrown at the faces of Patriots Nation, there is a feeling of entitlement here and we see it all too often lately.  Disappointment in the team's performance is one thing, but to act like it is a given, or rather an unfailing expectation, is another.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Of course not, but that isn't the point at all. I don't think anyone would give up the last 10 years of winning for lets say the Rams or Bengals franchises.

I don't think it's entitlement. Entitlement is somehting the Cowboys and their fans have the market cornered on. This is about having supposedly the best coach and QB tandem of all time. This is about not squandering the present so we can take gambles on injury prone players that might pan out in 3+ years. This is about having a team play at the same level of intensity as their counterparts, and expect that a "superior" coach and QB would have their respective squads ready to go with 2 weeks notice. In the end, it's about really not having the right talent or complimentary talent on this team which ends by not beating good teams.

I think we all realize we have somethigin special here. Of course we don't want it to end anytime soon. And, it shouldn't have tailed off nearly as quick as it has because we;
    1. Have a solid base to include BB and TB
    2. Had more 1-3 round draft picks in the last 6 years than any other team and we could have loaded up big time if we hit on more than we missed on.
    3. Have a good formula of mixing in vets and younger talent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team... : How is it absurd? They haven't allowed 100 yard rusher yet this year. MFadden? Slapped. They were the only team to hold him to less than 140. He had like 78 yards or something. DeMarco Murray had 250 yards the week after NE held the entire Cowboys RB group to under 80 yards combined! Ridiculous spin, Phat Rex. Expect problems in Buffalo with your flimsy team. And then you get NE the next week.

Ok, why do teams pass against us 70 % of the time?  Because our 4.3 yards per carry run D is so good?  Or because almost every QB has thrown for 350 yards?  The idea of using the number of total rushing yards when most teams don't bother with running at us because guys like Campbell & Henne throw for 350 yards against us is ludicrous and completely misleading.   
    Bill has made a career of finding the opponents weak spot and burying them with it.  Don't you think other coaches do the same thing?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts