Belichick is failing this team...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: Belichick is failing this team...

In Response to Belichick is failing this team...:
    I don't want to hear how great he is (was) either. This defense is HORRIBLE. Period! No debate here. I don't want to hear how the players we have now on defense are anything but average. That includes Mayo, Spikes, Chung, Arrington (and whatever other collectivve group is playing DB this week) Brace (who???) Deaderick (who???), Idehigbo..total garbage and BB is to blame 100%. Add to that the fact that he gives Brady no deep threat other than Ochostinko, refuses to get him a real running attack and makes moronic decisions (cutting Bodden on a Friday) then replaces him with NOBODY! Poor coaching, poor prep with two weeks to prepare and then when you MAY have hafls a chance at winning the game, calls for a stupid onside kick with almost 2 and a half minutes on the clock with 3 time outs and the 2 min warning. Why?? Because BB didn't even trust the crappy defense that he himself has built! ENOUGH!
    Posted by smorgan86

Go root for the steelers...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

But that's the point. 

No, Painter is not the answer in Indy, but he never was.  The question is whether or not Belichick has found or could find the answer in one of his other QB's. 

One thing that seems certain is that no one on that team is bigger than Belichick, and while I don't think Brady acts that way, his contract screams differently.  Plus, Brady did push his contract through the media.  Belichick couldn't have liked that and dealt directly with Kraft rather than through the appropriate channels. 

I did make the same point as yours on another thread, which is that Belichick has missed on defensive players recently.  When you look at the players he inherited and then the hits he had with defensive players he picked or picked up early in the decade, he was spot on.  That hasn't happened for quite some time. 

Obviously, I am just speculating and not even trying to stir.  People are asking questions on this board and in Belichick's 2 coaching stints, he jettisoned the "big QB".  Has Brady ascended to being that "big QB"? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

This is the Pats board right? For a second there I thought I was reading some whining pink hat Red Sox fan's post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He's a sure fire HOF QB and still in the top 3 in the league. Therefore, he demands a contract that matches his contribution..just like other QB's. Brady is not going anywhere unless Mallet steps way up and they can rake in a number of draft picks for TB. However, Kraft I believe is a loyal owner. He knows the Pats would be nowhere without TB. I think he values this and TB stays until he is not useful.

Did Gomer take a hometown discount? Do you think he'll give any money back to the Colts after he retires due to injury? I think you are a bit mixed up on this one. Gomer has milked the Colts for some time, using the media to his advantage. Brady has generally been quiet when it comes to this sort of thing, and has taken several hometown discounts in the best interest of the team. I can't say the same for Gomer. Please don't rewrite history on this board.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team...:
    Frankly, I see things getting worse before they get better.  You have 18 mill per year wrapped up in Brady.  You've got Welker coming up for a contract.  You just paid Mankins.  In a couple of years Gronkowski and Hernandez are going to be looking for jack, and you've got to keep Brady somewhat happy because there's no running game to help.  How are you going to find the money to pay the difference makers that you need on defense?  The last few years have proven that Belichick can miss on defensive players.  You just paid Wilfork and he's 30.  Who else is a difference maker on defense?  Mayo?  He's very solid, but has he changed any games?  Anyone else?  Belichick constantly takes risks in hopes of keeping the defense off the field.  Do any of you wonder if he is looking at Brady like he did Bledsoe, and wishing he could jettison him for a solid game manager at a cheap price so that he had the money to build the defense he wants? 
    Posted by UD6

Your contaminated and biased agenda assures you will never be taken seriously around here. The petty motive of seeking to undermine Brady at every turn in order to promote your hero Fetus Head is pitiful.

Brady hasn't been the one who has squandered numerous high draft picks on defensive players who can't get a job done. In fact, Brady is the only thing about this team that strikes fear into the opponent these days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Are you out of your mind?  You're talking about the winningest active coach in the NFL.  A guy who has won 3 Super Bowls,a nd has this team at 5-2, with one of the best offenses in the NFL.  Yet one loss and you say he is "failing"?  REALLY???!!!!!  Have you been asleep all these years or just hiding out in your mommy's basement apartment? In Response to Belichick is failing this team... :
    Posted by pgooglie

News flash: the 3 Super Bowl wins were nearly SEVEN years ago. The issue today is that we have little to brag about except Brady. Overall the team has deteriorated to the point that most feel it is more likely we will fail at playoff time rather than succeed. Clinging to fading glory and a pile of regular season wins is nothing more than denial. If you accept a Shula and Marino type of era here at this point that's fine for you. I don't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I agree,. I wasn't really comparing the missed FGs, more so that when we actually get moving offensively, not only do we not score a TD, we can't even execute a FG. I listed it more about how we can barfely scrouge out drives and even our 3 point execution isn't right. It wasn't a gimme, but you miss, and it's Pitt right back on offense at the Pitt 30 with solid field posiiton and our D right back out there.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

It was a terrible time to miss a FG. I'm not a real big fan of our kicker, and from what I've seen over the years, neither is BB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team... : usually you are a little more respectful.  Have you not had your coffee yet today.  Fetus head?  Really?  Very Rusty-like of you Babe.  BTW - I am not disagreeing with you about missing on draft picks and acquisitions, or that Brady strikes fear in opponents.  I'll add that I think Welker Gronkowski and Hernandez do too, but none of that was my point.   My point is that if (as noted many times on this board) Manning's contract straps the colts then Brady's contract straps the pats.  Forget about missing on players.  With Brady and some of the other large contracts, they may now be eliminated from going after certain players.  As I correctly noted, Belichick previously has jettisoned big time QB's that frankly weren't "done" but were nearly "bigger than the team".  Brady has become that whether you wish to accept it or not.  You should, however, given your statement that Brady's the only thing that strikes fear in opponents.  My perspective is not at all a slight on Brady.  He can only do what he does, which is play great football.  But that has nothing to do with what Belichick may think and how he like to manage his team.  Clearly I am just speculating, but its fodder for conversation.  
    Posted by UD6

Have you ever considered having a life outside of trolling this board? Even our Jets troll Leon has enough sense not to crawl out from under his rock to comment on out team when his team is in worse shape. And you're Colts are THE worst team in the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pgooglie. Show pgooglie's posts

Are you out of your mind?  You're talking about the winningest active coach in the NFL.  A guy who has won 3 Super Bowls,a nd has this team at 5-2, with one of the best offenses in the NFL.  Yet one loss and you say he is "failing"?  REALLY???!!!!!  Have you been asleep all these years or just hiding out in your mommy's basement apartment?
    I don't want to hear how great he is (was) either. This defense is HORRIBLE. Period! No debate here. I don't want to hear how the players we have now on defense are anything but average. That includes Mayo, Spikes, Chung, Arrington (and whatever other collectivve group is playing DB this week) Brace (who???) Deaderick (who???), Idehigbo..total garbage and BB is to blame 100%. Add to that the fact that he gives Brady no deep threat other than Ochostinko, refuses to get him a real running attack and makes moronic decisions (cutting Bodden on a Friday) then replaces him with NOBODY! Poor coaching, poor prep with two weeks to prepare and then when you MAY have hafls a chance at winning the game, calls for a stupid onside kick with almost 2 and a half minutes on the clock with 3 time outs and the 2 min warning. Why?? Because BB didn't even trust the crappy defense that he himself has built! ENOUGH!
    Posted by smorgan86

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pgooglie. Show pgooglie's posts

Are all the nuts coming out of the woodwork with Halloween?  I'm reading all sorts of nutty posts here about Brady and Belichick, with people questioning both of their abilities.  I just can't believe this is a Patriots fan board.  Did a big busload of Jets fans just infiltrate?

Anybody taking issue with Brady when he is at the top of his game and putting up stats that show he is getting better as he ages must be out of their mind.

I'm outta here.  This is a forum for insanity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team... : Your contaminated and biased agenda assures you will never be taken seriously around here. The petty motive of seeking to undermine Brady at every turn in order to promote your hero Fetus Head is pitiful. Brady hasn't been the one who has squandered numerous high draft picks on defensive players who can't get a job done. In fact, Brady is the only thing about this team that strikes fear into the opponent these days.
    Posted by BabeParilli

usually you are a little more respectful.  Have you not had your coffee yet today.  Fetus head?  Really?  Very Rusty-like of you Babe. 

BTW - I am not disagreeing with you about missing on draft picks and acquisitions, or that Brady strikes fear in opponents.  I'll add that I think Welker Gronkowski and Hernandez do too, but none of that was my point.  

My point is that if (as noted many times on this board) Manning's contract straps the colts then Brady's contract straps the pats.  Forget about missing on players.  With Brady and some of the other large contracts, they may now be eliminated from going after certain players. 

As I correctly noted, Belichick previously has jettisoned big time QB's that frankly weren't "done" but were nearly "bigger than the team".  Brady has become that whether you wish to accept it or not.  You should, however, given your statement that Brady's the only thing that strikes fear in opponents. 

My perspective is not at all a slight on Brady.  He can only do what he does, which is play great football.  But that has nothing to do with what Belichick may think and how he like to manage his team.  Clearly I am just speculating, but its fodder for conversation.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Hmmm.

Last Sunday, the Pats got absolutely smoked on time of possession, the Steelers seemingly were able to move the ball at will on the ground and in the air and I don't know that the Pats got any first downs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, yet the Pats were still in position to win the game with 2:30 left. In the end, they lost, and as a result are tied for 1st place in the division. 

Therefore, BB is failing the team. 

I think your rationale is a little flawed there, my friend.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Thx for saying what many fans have been thinking. The elephant in the livingroom. BB's cast of  secondary defense characters are atrocious. The D's last place rating in the NFL peaks volumes. It's an embarassment to the Patriot way. Many factors contributed to this free fall to the cellar- and the buck stops with BB.
    BB needs help.

Posted by smorgan86

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick is failing this team... : I guess I'm wondering if you can then explain the 2008 season in which the Pats went 11-5 without Tom Brady. 
    Posted by ATJ

I can, it was 3 years ago, they were more talented, and the defense was way better. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

In Response to Belichick is failing this team... : Go root for the steelers...
    Posted by jcour382

You realize most Pats fans are Pink Hats?  Better 80% of them didn't even watch football until 1993

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Belichuck sucks anyways... The teams downfall recently (due to his horrific drafts and knee jerk cuts) proves one thing.   Without Tom Brady, Belicheck is a D coordinater in Oakland. He got handed a loaded team, ala Theo Epstein, and rode the wave.  I don't blame him for doing so, it's not like he's going to trade Brady to prove he can build his own team, but his success is clearly related to having Brady, nothing else.  His genius was nothing more than a Bob Kraft marketing gig, like the Sox and the We Believe crap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Takashi-Toshiro. Show Takashi-Toshiro's posts

Let's face it, the Patriots have become the same panzy team as the Colts we use to ridicule 10 years ago. Not to pile on BB, because he is undoubtedly a good football coach. General Manager is another story. It's always been more Brady than Belichick and if Belichick is truly a genius, he will retire when Brady does, as to not exploit himself for what he is. Just another good football coach without a QB. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

Get a defensive coordinator!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Posted by smorgan86

THought I would go back and read the original post to this. What BS. Here is a team that went 14-2 with the best record in football last year. They are 5-2 and tied with the best record in the AFC and tied for the division lead. And this is the post you come up with?

BB puts together a team that is competative every year. EVEN WHEN BRADY WS OUT FOR THE YEAR! They went 11-5! They have been disappointing in the playoffs in recent years. But so have MOST teams. Yes you can point to bad personnel decisions and bad game plans. But you can with every team. E V E R Y    team.

Of course there is no problem with pointing out mistakes or bad play and bad decisions. But you pretend to analyze them to the point where you draw the conclusion that BB is bad for this team. By your standards of analysis EVERY coach and GM would be bad because they are not perfect. With your logic there is no way to fix the "problem" you identify because there is no solution. Sounds like you should just stop watching.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Belichick is failing this team... : By your standards of analysis EVERY coach and GM would be bad because they are not perfect. With your logic there is no way to fix the "problem" you identify because there is no solution. Sounds like you should just stop watching.
    Posted by portfolio1

In a way, a fan like this may only smile when the team goes 19 - 0 and the D shuts out every opponent and NEVER has a bad game.  Yuh think??!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

It's wild when fans attack other fans just for stating an opinion. And get nasty. Really? What's the point?
    The fan who started this thread- has a valid piont in my opinion.
    The PATS D is dead last in the NFL.  The secondary gets burned time after time.
    The Steelers game was a pitiful performance for the PATS coming off a bye week half way through the season. They were steamrolled.

Sure, the PATS will win more games. The offense is amazing as everyone knows.
    The team has a whole is not the high caliber of past years, largely due to the subpar D.
    BB has been dubbed as a defensive genious among other accolades.
    This has sadly not been the case the past couple of years.
    Player picks, execution, and schemes all are a factor.
    He needs help.

BB defintely had an off Sunday this past week. And I'm sure he doesn't need fans to point that out to him. The problem is deeper than one game. And I hope the PATS brain trust  is reevaluating roles and responsibilities for the team that  does the planning and execution off the field.

Fans are the PATS lifeblood, as professional sports team and athletes they are well compensated to put forth their best efforts.
    I like when fans howl for good and bad.

This "I'm a better fan than you, because I never question the PATS or the coach"  is not what I grew up with in Boston.  Never did like drinking koolaid.

GO PATS!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Belichick is failing this team... : THought I would go back and read the original post to this. What BS. Here is a team that went 14-2 with the best record in football last year. They are 5-2 and tied with the best record in the AFC and tied for the division lead. And this is the post you come up with? BB puts together a team that is competative every year. EVEN WHEN BRADY WS OUT FOR THE YEAR! They went 11-5! They have been disappointing in the playoffs in recent years. But so have MOST teams. Yes you can point to bad personnel decisions and bad game plans. But you can with every team. E V E R Y    team. Of course there is no problem with pointing out mistakes or bad play and bad decisions. But you pretend to analyze them to the point where you draw the conclusion that BB is bad for this team. By your standards of analysis EVERY coach and GM would be bad because they are not perfect. With your logic there is no way to fix the "problem" you identify because there is no solution. Sounds like you should just stop watching.
    Posted by portfolio1

And one and out each of the last two years in the playoffs when defense actually matters.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssoden78. Show ssoden78's posts

Calm down soccer moms, you will be able to wear your pink Patriots hats when they win next week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Instead of complaining, how about applying for the job!  It is VERY easy to have 20/20 hindsight.  When all these players were drafted/signed, I do not recall seeing howls of complaints from this board.  Wouldn't you think BB believed these players COULD perform their jobs?  Coming into this season, many believed this defense to be BETTER than last years D.  So, what happened?  Is it BB's fault they are underperforming?  Suddenly the VERY SAME players we seemed to accept as a better D are no longer that better D?  What it all comes down to is execution and performance..  they simply aren't getting it done!!
    Posted by agcsbill

I don't think to many of here thought Haynesworth was an upgrade.  None of us had the luxury of working Bodden and seeing that he had lost a big step.  None of us were happy about jettisoning both Sanders AND Merriweather right beforee the games began.  And now tossing aside Bodden on a Friday to replace him with a flunky...without even addressing the teammates before the press started asking them questions!!!! These were arrongantly stupid moves. (Note the difference between "ignorant" and "stupid"...BB should have known better.)

Sections
Shortcuts