Belichick Needs Better Personel!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Belichick Needs Better Personel!

Our defense looked sick last night and I don't mean the good sick like the kids all say nowadays. I mean flu sick. Wilhite got burnt more than Elvis "Toast" Patterson. AT looked overmtached on many plays. For the D to be successful we need quality LB play (Bruschi, Willie Mac, Ted Johnson) and physical DBs. The Saints D flat outplayed the Pats D. They got quality play from everyone and once the Patriot offense had to play catch-up the playcalling became predictable; when that happens in the NFL you're at the mercy of the opposing defense and the Saints defense brought pressure on Brady and their secondary was nasty. If you can't muster an effective pass rush against QBs like Manning, Brees and Rivers you will get shredded. Brees made all the hot reads and Brady looked off all night.

We need OLBs that can provide a great pass rush and I don't much care where the come from (draft/ free agency / trades). Last night the defeciencies (sp) were exposed. How many Super Bowls has Belichick won without Willie Mac or LT at OLB ? The D is in a transition phase (rebuilding) and it will take time for them to function like great defense should. This is not an excuse, just an observation. I know that we have yet to see what Mackenzie can do at OLB or ILB, but Belichick needs a great pass rush OLB, almost immediately. Banta-Cain and AT have played well, but the Pats should have a serious eye on any good OLBs that can help the pass rush.

Has Belichick been outcoached three times this year ? Indy (to close to call), Denver (yes, we have superior offensive and defensive personel and should have won this game), New Orleans (yes, both Payton's offense and Williams' defense were  better_). For any gameplan to work you have to have the personel to succeed and execute. The Patriots were overmatched in all facets of the game by New Orleans. You can only play the "it's a  young defense" card for so long before you realise that this young defense cannot stop an elite offense (Minni would beat us too......Peterson would walk all over this defense). BB normally takes the oppositions best weapon away than gradually dismantles the opposing offense with clinical precision. BB and, by extension the Patriots defense, has yet to stop an elite QB. People say fire Pees or fire O Brien, but the real problem is a function of the players not executing and the coaches not coming up with an effective gameplan or making the right in-game adjustments. Realistically I believe the Pats are playoff  team, but are not an elite team. They have not beaten an elite team since 2007 and that is cause for concern.  We have gotten used to our Patriots beating elite teams with effective gameplanning and execution; that's not happening with great frequency these days. Mediocrity is some other guys ocrity to quote Fiorello La Guardia, not mine. The Pats will improve, but it will take time.

Any comments or questions or answers would be greatly appreciated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Re: Belichick Needs Better Personel!

I thought you wrote "Belichick Needs Better Personality"  I didn't see the handshake with Payton.  Did he give him the dead fish?  It seems Belichick is having problems with people named Payton/Peyton?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsRush. Show SportsRush's posts

Little Bill Belichick coached as if he was asleep, passing up FGs, going for it on 4th & 4, and pulling the plug and conceding the game instead of playing 60 minutes. Yes, they were down 21 with 5:26 left, but when you have Tom Brady and Randy Moss and 2 timeouts, why give up? I doubt Peyton Manning comes out of the game if the Colts are down 21 with 5:26 to play and two timeouts.

I tend to think Little Bill was afraid if he didn't throw in the towel that the Saints would keep playing full throttle and score 52 on him. And Little Bill only likes it when he's on the giving end of such scores.

He's a punk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I think your thread title said it all. 

With good team (and the pats are that), I don't usually think it is coaching (maybe some game coaching) that ends up being the reason a team doesn't succeed. 

IMO it generally comes down to execution.  As fans we sometimes seem to forget about the fact that the opponent is also comprised of professionals.  And sometimes that opponent out-executes our team.  

The reason is either because of mistakes or talent.  

When the pats were steamrolling the colts, the colts never executed better than the pats and in my opinion, that was because of talent.  The pats as a team were simply better than the colts.  

One game, imo, does not define a talent difference, but if a pattern can be seen, then you know.  I think the Saints have the goods.  On defense, the Pats don't.  And for that matter, I am not sure the colts do either, but there are a few things that are bound to get better for the colts.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Everybody keeps bashing the defense but the Pats still have one of the lowest points against in the league. One game does not a season make.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

our #24 must go!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1215957&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bostonherald%2Fsports%2Ffootball%2Fpatriots+%28N.E.+Patriots+-+Patriots+%26+NFL+-+BostonHerald.com%29

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/patriots/2009-12-02-patriots-defense_N.htm?csp=34&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomNfl-TopStories+%28Sports+-+NFL+-+Top+Stories%29

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well put JohnHannahRulz, rigth now this team is going through some growing pains. It happens when you put out a lot of 1st/2nd year players or bring in new FA's. This team will still win the division get to 11 to 12 wins and can still be a force in the playoffs. Right now I just don't see this team as Super Bowl material, maybe even next year as well. However if we can win 11-12 games this year and next bring and are able to rebuild on both sides of the ball and upgrade a few postions we could come out of this with a dynasty for the 2010's. Just a matter of bringing in the right players and finding those that don't fit and letting them go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Lets take a look at starting D- Burgess is a bust, Green & Wright are backups, TMC also a backup  along with Guyton.Mayo looks lost out there and Thomas is MIA in most games.Wilhite is Ellis Hobbs getting burned in every game. Bodden and Mcgowen are servicable,Sanders is on the bench and Merriweather can't cover or tackle. Warren and Wilfork are our only two STUDS and Wilfork is ineffective on passing plays ( not his forte ) No pass rush. bad trades,moving down in the draft, letting players go etc.And were still in the thick of things. Five games to go and alot of things could happen to us and other teams ( injuries ).
    KEEP THE FAITH
                        IN BB I STILL TRUST

PS  Bring back Charlie & Romeno and get more creative on both sides of the ball

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick Needs Better Personel!:
    The Metrosexual got a beating he had coming. He and Moss needed to be humbled and humbled they were. Both were on the sidelines watching the disaster as the game ended. When you try and run up scores in the NFL it always comes back to haunt you. Anyone think Brokeback Brady will be throwing into the endzone with 30 seconds on the clock and up 17 points this week against Miami?
    Posted by fredericknittle

gotta be a bitter jets fan... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

actually a brokeback bitter jets fan

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

our #24 must go!!!
    Posted by bballfan99

YES HE LET UP 3 TDS IN THAT GAME.....LETS GO AFTER DeANGELO HALL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

Who is Dean pees?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Who is Dean pees?
    Posted by wtfmaroney
    Soon to be EX-DEFENSIVE CORD.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Any one else notice that Belichick has never won a ring minus Weis or Romeo? hey, what does that say about him? is this not the same dumb, faulty logic many bring to the table when it comes to the sainted Parcells?

Sections
Shortcuts