belichick needs to look to free agency

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

belichick needs to look to free agency

he is fool-proof when it comes to picking line players- but dbs and receivers not so much- he needs to realize his shortcomings and look to free agency for the positions that he has consistently failed to draft well

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: belichick needs to look to free agency

I keep thinking to myself..."Self, BB will get it right ONE of these days...right?  I mean, you would think that by at least dumb luck he would pick a good WR or DB(or RB for that matter) one of these days!"   BUT, we're still waiting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

McCordy went from runner up rookie of the year to total 1st round BUST!!!! he stinks worse then my doo key... Another nice pick up there BILL...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

FA agency also hasn't been great.  Rosie Colvin, AD, Starks a few years ago.  Who's Leigh Bodden playing for now?

Don't forget the great trades of Seymour and Asante.

I think the Pats need a GM to handle the bulk of player personnel and scouting, let BB stick to coaching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Found Gronk..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree WR and DB's might be a better place to head to FA

The only issue is that he hasn't had a great track record with that either lately. What they need to do is stop taking in reclamation projects, minimum salary players, over the hill vets, and actually spend a little cash to get a player in their prime. This is going to be hard for WR since they need to resign Welker and WR's in their primes are usually pretty costly. The one advantage is the WR FA market and draft are stocked with a number of top end WR's. This should give them good leverage to go out and grab one at a decent cost.

With DB's I felt they should have gotten a S last year in the off-season. I thought Goldson would have been a perfect fit. This is another area BB seems to like to go cheap on and I don't know why. You don't need a top player in that position but you can't tell me being 7mil under the cap that they couldn't find better players then Brown and Barrett

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I agree PE,

They have to upgrade at WR and S first and foremeost.  I also think that the Pats should do the unthinkable, which is to use both 1st rounders to get some much needed talent, or trade both and get one real impact player.  They can only stockpile and build for the future for so long. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He keeps shopping at ocean state job lot thats what happens.

Only person thought Bodden was great was Rusty. His claim to faim was Ocho giving him props and as we can see, Ocho isnt exactly the best example of a great WR anymore.

Springs was old, Starks was never good after leaving B-More. Galloway was a dinosaur, Same for Chad Scott, J.J. Stokes, etc

These type of bargain basement players wont make big impacts. Only thing you can hope is that at their old age they can give it one last go for the Title.

Most these guys dont even end up getting a chance to make a difference when it counts(see Fred Taylor-playoffs 09)

You also cant go out and spend money on V.Jack as he may get hurt and then you are screwed.

This offseason is the best chance B.B. has to get some solid Wr's that can play and will be cheap because the market is deep.  Lets hope he makes the right moves.  Whoever has been in his ear has been steering him wrong re: Ocho, Big Al, Ellis, etc

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Positions of interest that we have not been so good at drafting at or acquiring via FA are CB, WR, S, and maybe even to a small degree RB. To me, those seem to be most of the skill positions, outside of QB. Skill positions are probably those that are harder to evaluate and translate to the NFL level than non-skill positions. I'm guessing here, but I think a serious shake up needs to occur in the scouting department. Both pro and college if they seperate them this way.

BB's administration was good at this earlier in the decade picking up guys like Branch, Givens, Samuel, Harrison, etc. Perhaps his administration has been raked over so badly by other teams, that there is no quality left in the scouting dept. Whatever the reason, it needs fixing ASAP.
    Ultimately, BB has accountability.