Belichick offers Praise and Support for O'Brien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Belichick offers Praise and Support for O'Brien

BB offered the following statement regarding OB's PSU hiring: 

"Over the course of his long coaching career, Bill O'Brien has met every personal and professional challenge head on with great passion and competitiveness. I expect Bill to draw on his deep background in college football and the NFL to continue attracting and developing top players," Belichick said. "For five years, Bill's outstanding work with our quarterbacks and entire offense has led to record-setting performances. His presence and command before our team has grown into that of an inspirational leader.

"This is a great match between a storied program and an old-school football coach. Bill will be up to the task and I couldn't be happier for him."

There has been a lot of debate about OB's role with the Pats. Is this praise from BB warranted or is BB blowing smoke? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Re: Belichick offers Praise and Support for O'Brien

In Response to Re: Belichick offers Praise and Support for O'Brien:
    Warranted. Regardless of any one's opinion, it's clear O'Brien cares and works hard. BB is always classy in wishing people well.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

I'm not sure BB is always classy in wishing people well.... I could be wrong, but I think he was chilly when Mangenius left. Granted, it was to the YETS, but he didn't give his blessing. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Dude, you can't compare Manboobs pulling the rug out on BB after just 1 year as coordinator, leaving BB scrambling to yet again fill the role. Of course it was chilly.  Mangini walked in and advised BB he'd be going to the god awful Jets in the division like a sneak for money. He was then locked out and caught stealing laptops, likely to take information off and bring it with him.  Selfish people are usually delusional, which is what Manboobs was/is. I don't think he'll be working in the NFL any time soon.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

You forgot to mention on top of all the other lame things Mangini did - he was the whining rat fink that set the whole taping controversy in motion  - Mangini broke the coach code  - not to mention submarining the man who gave him his shot

I think Belichick has a right to hold a grudge where Mangini is concerned

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

If you think belichick actually wrote that, congratulations, you've been elected to the kool- aid hall of fame.... he's got pr people for that. Right now he is planning to basically fire Obee wan kanobee tomorrow afternoon at the end of the bye week. Why else would he have mcd in house. Put a happy face on it, Gandalf ... BB is pissed that he has been put in this position but the McDaniels move allows him to can obee like he deserves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

If you think belichick actually wrote that, congratulations, you've been elected to the kool- aid hall of fame....
    Posted by coolade2

You're right honey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

You're slow dippy. your wife is smarter than you. If you managed to follow any threads about the subject you might have clue what's going on. Do you think that "source" that broke up the obee press conference to release news about mcd was some hardscrabble reporter..? Wake up and smell the coffee (your line)... That was BB telling Obee where to go. As in bubbye bubbilly. do you think BB wants to give this wannabe HC the satisfaction of be a part of this playoff run...? Really ? Why on earth would he? He may as well stay in PA. He's done here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick offers Praise and Support for O'Brien : I'm not sure BB is always classy in wishing people well.... I could be wrong, but I think he was chilly when Mangenius left. Granted, it was to the YETS, but he didn't give his blessing. 
    Posted by gandalf433

The guy basically did a Benedict Arnold, classy is not sending a hit team.  I thought in the face of Ratfink defecting to the Jests he did a fairly good job of being neutral.  So maybe you aren't "sure" because you have Ladanian Tomlinson's version of "classy".  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick offers Praise and Support for O'Brien : The guy basically did a Benedict Arnold, classy is not sending a hit team.  I thought in the face of Ratfink defecting to the Jests he did a fairly good job of being neutral.  So maybe you aren't "sure" because you have Ladanian Tomlinson's version of "classy".  
    Posted by Davedsone

Agreed. I was just responding to RWTK's assertion. Clearly BB did not have to say anything glowing in his response to OB's resignation. BB went out of his way to be laudable when a basic 'thanks and wish you well' would have sufficed.  

Sections
Shortcuts