Belichick on Hightower

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Belichick on Hightower

On his monday weei interview belichick said he wished more players on defense were playing as well as Hightower . Interesting because I think most fans are disappointed in him. I take this to mean he is working hard

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Belichick on Hightower

hahahahahahaha

Did he also say he approves of any player whose offseason goal is to gain 15 pounds of fat, drop from a 4.68 40 time to a 4.94 and regress in both production and football IQ?

I guess when you are just 23 and that teams postseason success could hinge on you turning things around and reaching your potential ASAP, Daddy Belichick rubs vasoline all over your heinie and tells you what a good boy you are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hahahahahahaha

Did he also say he approves of any player whose offseason goal is to gain 15 pounds of fat, drop from a 4.68 40 time to a 4.94 and regress in both production and football IQ?

I guess when you are just 23 and that teams postseason success could hinge on you turning things around and reaching your potential ASAP, Daddy Belichick rubs vasoline all over your heinie and tells you what a good boy you are.

[/QUOTE]

as far as weight goes, Hightower told reiss that he is at the weight the coaches want him at

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You mean the coach that says he wishes everyone was playing the same sluggish mediocre clueless defense as Hightower is?

I guess the Pats coaching staff now wants to make physically cut athletes grow freshman 15 beer guts and lose the speed that made a guy like Hightower a first rd pick instead of a 2nd-3rd rd pick.

Spikes fell from that 20's range Hightower went in all the way to like pick 60 simply by running a 5.0 40 time. Hightower is BARELY faster than Spikes right now. if he is at a 4.9 and 280 right now when he could be at a 4.65 at 265 then the coaching staff is NOT giving him good advise. 4 sacks and 2 FF last year in 14 games. 1 and 0 right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BB is a genius, but he often isn't a very good evaluator of talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I think I will take BB's opinions over anyone here on this board. Besides his is the only one that matters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I will take BB's opinions over anyone here on this board. Besides his is the only one that matters.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True, he's wearing 5 rings and I can't even afford an engagement ring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hahahahahahaha

[/QUOTE]

Wait, did you just make up a 40 time?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Hightower will not be in a Pats uniform next year...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On his monday weei interview belichick said he wished more players on defense were playing as well as Hightower . Interesting because I think most fans are disappointed in him. I take this to mean he is working hard

[/QUOTE]

BB isn't always truthful and uses that tact all the time to boast players confidence when needed. Have you ever noticed he does this same thing in preseason about a week before he cuts a player? He certainly did it with Tebow. Now I do think Hightower can still become an effective starter long term but he needs a confidence boaster and maybe that's what BB is doing here, nothing more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB isn't always truthful and uses that tact all the time to boast players confidence when needed. Have you ever noticed he does this same thing in preseason about a week before he cuts a player? He certainly did it with Tebow. Now I do think Hightower can still become an effective starter long term but he needs a confidence boaster and maybe that's what BB is doing here, nothing more.

[/QUOTE]

this is very true.  BB's #1 objective all the time is to not reveal anything of any substance regarding the team,  #2 is he never publically criticizes a player. 

putting any stock into these comments is kind of naive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This ^^^

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Putting any stock into comments made here isn't just as naive? Or worse?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

BB has praised players right before cutting them. I will continue to evaluate him with my eyes on a game to game basis. It is what it is. Im sure they arent happy with that production from a 1st rounder but what are they gonna do?  Berate him publicly? Just listen to the experts and ex players. Ty Law said he is a bust. I dont think thats warranted but Mike Flynn said the exact same thing I said "NO sense of urgency" 2 weeks after I did. Every local writer has touched on it. They have no choice but to play him but I doubt you see him much vs teams that dont run that much. He isnt offering much at the moment besides a warm body.

SEC players can be overated coming from powerhouse programs like Bama where there are a lot of good players to blend with. In the NFL, you gotta stand on your own 2 feet and hightower hasnt even joined the party yet. Atleast he improved from last week and played all game so thats a positive sign.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The comments by BB don't give any clue whatsoever about how he truly feels about DH.

We've heard glowing comments from him in the past about guys who appeared to be underperforming.   And sure enough, said players would be gone soon enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow! Now there's a thought. Believe in the architect who built the dynasty and keeps on winning. All of this "Bill is a terrible talent evaluator" and "Bill is a terrible GM" and "Bill's big ego gets in the way" whining is simply BS. Bill obviously knows best in all areas. Bill is a scientist at his trade. He blends the ingredients to produce the best results possible and is the best at the business in providing a great outcome the vast majority of the time. He doesnt require a group of All Pros to make it work.  In Bill I completely Trust. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Putting any stock into comments made here isn't just as naive? Or worse?

[/QUOTE]

how about putting stock in your own eyeballs....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True, he's wearing 5 rings and I can't even afford an engagement ring.

[/QUOTE]

BB can't afford an engagement ring either :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The real problem with Hightower;

Joe Vellano: 6'1" a maybe but not likely 300 pound rookie = undrafted

Chris Jones: 6'2" barely 300 pound rookie = 6th round draft pick, cut by two team before landing in NE

Sealver Siliga: 6'2" 325 pounds of flab = undrafted, 3 tackles in his career, 2 came last game

Issac Soapoga: finally someone big enough = 4th round pick, has 88 starts, 8 sacks and 1 forced fumble in ten years, he's the best (only) every down defensive tackle we have and he's not that good.

Oh yeah and Jerod Mayo is out, so Hightower is often playing out of position...  learn the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB is a genius, but he often isn't a very good evaluator of talent.

[/QUOTE]

If BB wasn't a good evaluator of talent, how do the Pats keep winning every year. You have to be able to evaluate talent to be able to form a successful roster.

Hetch 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chris Jones: 6'2" barely 300 pound rookie = 6th round draft pick, cut by two team before landing in NE

Sealver Siliga: 6'2" 325 pounds of flab = undrafted, 3 tackles in his career, 2 came last game

Issac Soapoga: finally someone big enough = 4th round pick, has 88 starts, 8 sacks and 1 forced fumble in ten years, he's the best (only) every down defensive tackle we have and he's not that good.

Oh yeah and Jerod Mayo is out, so Hightower is often playing out of position...  learn the game.

[/QUOTE]

Thats a nice point to make and it may hold some weight but you see the problem is Dane Fletcher, you know the undrafted guy and Spikes, the guy noone wants resigned seem to be doing an ok job with the same guys in front of them. How do you explain away Fletch and Spikes making multiple stops in the backfield against the Broncos while Hightower was being pushed 5-7 yards back and making tackles almost 10 yards downfield. So yes our tackles are not great but hightower would look bad behind Ted Washington, Ngata and Wilfork in a 34 defense. He is un enthused, no sense of urgency and instincts are not even close to what it should be for an inside player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No you're wrong. Hightower sux and BB is an idiot. It is so obvious.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think BB is always truthful. Honestly, has he ever lied about what he thinks.  If he doesn't want to talk about a player he would just say he's not talking about it.  He's never said some guy is playing great who isn't.  He may say "this guy works hard and does what we ask". That doesn't mean he's any good.  I'm sure BB has cut players he respected who work hard.  I've heard him say in an interview how its hard to cut players who are working hard doing what you ask.

What did he say about Adalius when he got benched?  We're doing what's best for our team.  He didn't lie and say he played well.

Fact of the matter is BB could have said nothing, he chose to say what he said because he disagrees with the criticism. Now people don't like that BB told them they're wrong so they want to make crap up about BB saying that about everyone.  He doesn't.  

If you disagree with BB- fine.  But at least be man enough to admit it instead of spinning it like he thinks Hightower sucks when he said quite clearly he disagrees.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

How about We ALL stop trying to Read Minds and use our football knowledge and EYES to make our own evaluation.

I get what you are saying shen, but I dont think thats whats going here. I havent even seen the presser and I can tell you BB sais the same things about every player and we know some are great and some Blow so why is anyon trying to decipher his words. Look at the Film.

FILM DONT LIE

no offense but your opening statement makes the rest of your post kinda useless because if you are naive enough to believe BB is always truthful, well I got a bridge for ya! Cmon Man!

He said Asante was doing his job too right? Never heard BB say he wasnt but behind the scenes everyone knew Asante refused to play man/press and thats why he wasnt resigned.

Sections
Shortcuts