Belichick on Hightower

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Belichick on Hightower

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I thought this comment by BB was even more interesting when he was talking about DH:

"I think we'd like to have some other guys playing as well as he is"

Now, if he's telling the truth there I wonder who those "other guys" might be?

He may be reffering to other weakside 4-3 LBs or 3-4 MLBs across the league.

Right.  Because BB would like to see players on other teams play well.  Always good for a laugh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

BB is a genius, but he often isn't a very good evaluator of talent.

If BB wasn't a good evaluator of talent, how do the Pats keep winning every year. You have to be able to evaluate talent to be able to form a successful roster.

Hetch 

They'll try to tell you it's because Brady "bails out" BB, which is clearly arrogant and preposterous rolled into one. If that were the case, 11-5 with Cassel in 2008 never would have happened.

Does every topic have to turn into this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You were expecting BB to say a guy he traded up to pick in the first round sucks? Even BB isn't that lousy at PR. BB shows what he really thinks at the end of the rookie contract, or occasionally sooner; with a new contract or a premature cut.

This place cracks me up, the same people that were putting BJGE into the hall of fame for being a average back are now buying Belichick's latest defense of another draft bust. Laughable. I wonder just how low our expectations have become for our draft selections and free agent signings? If a guy doesn't walk out onto that field...crap his pants and die from cardiac arrest...is that the bar? Is that the determined measure?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

You were expecting BB to say a guy he traded up to pick in the first round sucks? Even BB isn't that lousy at PR. BB shows what he really thinks at the end of the rookie contract, or occasionally sooner; with a new contract or a premature cut.

This place cracks me up, the same people that were putting BJGE into the hall of fame for being a average back are now buying Belichick's latest defense of another draft bust. Laughable. I wonder just how low our expectations have become for our draft selections and free agent signings? If a guy doesn't walk out onto that field...crap his pants and die from cardiac arrest...is that the bar? Is that the determined measure?

Did you just call a guy in his second year, out of position, who had a good rookie year a "draft bust"?

Please tell me you didn't just do that.   Go look at his rookie production and then go read Bruschi's comments and analysis on Hightower, explaining how your premise of him being a bust makes sense.

Was McCourty a bust in 2011 with a separated shoulder, a down year for his caliber and a crappy back end situation off a lockout?

You want people who crack people up, or more so concerned that you teach children for a living, that'd be the majority of the board here.

My god.  

Let me give you a quick hint: Any adult who has knee jerk reactions or comments features a low IQ.

FACT

Why are injuries and changing of positions only excuses for the people Belichick drafts?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

If BB wasn't a good evaluator of talent, how do the Pats keep winning every year. You have to be able to evaluate talent to be able to form a successful roster.

Hetch 

They'll try to tell you it's because Brady "bails out" BB, which is clearly arrogant and preposterous rolled into one. If that were the case, 11-5 with Cassel in 2008 never would have happened.

No, but it's the truth. There are morons here who believe that.  I've seen them say it. I watched our great and healthy D bail out a struggling offense and Brady from Weeks 1-5, but somehow only Brady bails out BB the GM.

It's utterly ridiculous and a pathetic premise.  

BB is the best GM of all time. All time.  No one has a resume like him and this is being done in the cap era.

GB loses Rodgers and they start to crap the bed. We lost Brady in 2008 and this team won 11 games.

What's your qualification of calling someone the best GM of all time?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Did you just call a guy in his second year, out of position, who had a good rookie year a "draft bust"?

Please tell me you didn't just do that.   Go look at his rookie production and then go read Bruschi's comments and analysis on Hightower, explaining how your premise of him being a bust makes sense.

Was McCourty a bust in 2011 with a separated shoulder, a down year for his caliber and a crappy back end situation off a lockout?

You want people who crack people up, or more so concerned that you teach children for a living, that'd be the majority of the board here.

My god.  

Let me give you a quick hint: Any adult who has knee jerk reactions or comments features a low IQ.

FACT

Oh thanks Mr. 151 IQ! People that lie about their IQ are said to be 50 points lower than the number they give. FACT.

It's simple rusty, I no longer have to wait four years to make the determination that a person is a bust...Chung, Merriweather, Butler, Brace, Maroney, Cunningham, Chad Jackson, Wheatley, and many others have provided me with training for this. Truth is all those players showed more than (or at least something) compared to Hightower. Now what you'll do is continue to make excuses for him for the next three years until he's gone, then you'll make excuses for yourself after. It's simple rusty mathematics.

Hey have you figured out that Curtis Martin caught footballs in his career yet?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

My god.  

FACT

Oh thanks Mr. 151 IQ! People that lie about their IQ are said to be 50 points lower than the number they give. FACT.

It's simple rusty, I no longer have to wait four years to make the determination that a person is a bust...Chung, Merriweather, Butler, Brace, Maroney, Cunningham, Chad Jackson, Wheatley, and many others have provided me with training for this. Truth is all those players showed more than (or at least something) compared to Hightower. Now what you'll do is continue to make excuses for him for the next three years until he's gone, then you'll make excuses for yourself after. It's simple rusty mathematics.

Oh man, a reference to Rusty claiming that Curtis Martin couldn't catch footballs?  That's awkward.  I hope you don't include the part where he Meggett and Keith Byars that caught all the passes.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

My god.  

FACT

Of course an RB with that many touches caught footballs, but he couldn't hold Faulk or someone like Tomlinson's jock in that area. We've been over this.

What's next Barry Sander was known for catching balls out of the backfield, too?  lol

Meriweather and CHung were not busts. You can't be going to Pro Bowls or starting on winning teams (going to SBs) and be a bust.

BB doesn't start busts, so you're wrong.

It's quite comical a Home Ec middle school teacher thinks he's better than Bill Belichick. He's going to the HOF.  You will be gaining tenure after a blistering teaching career about cupcakes and muffins.

lmao

Curtis is 13th all time in career receptions for a running back, that doesn't happen by accident numb nuts. By the way, Chung and Merriweather were players that never made it past their rookie deals...Merriweather was cut and Chung was allowed to let walk without even a phone call. They both continue to suck today. Thanks BB. I wonder how Philly enjoys Chung nowadays as a backup? I wonder if they like the guy that quit on his team last year? Or the guy that still hasn't figured out how to tackle, cover or lift enough weights to not get injured in a stiff breeze.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Didn't McDaniels just say how good a runner Ridley was; then they put him in street clothes at game-time? LMAO

Take BB's remarks with a huge grain of salt. He isn't going to spill the real deal to the press or you. You will find out what he thinks the day he either cuts this guy or extends him. Until then, believe your own eyes; or ask me.

Do I have to explain everything to you people? Smile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hetch 

Weak schedule. Don't dodge the truth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This place cracks me up, the same people that were putting BJGE into the hall of fame for being a average back are now buying Belichick's latest defense of another draft bust. 

Same homers that loved Meriweather and Chung.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

My god.  

FACT

Hightower is not looking very good dumbkoff. Do yourself a favor and go with the reality and maybe you won't look the fool again when BB cuts him loose sooner rather than later.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hetch 

but somehow only Brady bails out BB the GM.

That is the general rule.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hetch 

GB loses Rodgers and they start to crap the bed. We lost Brady in 2008 and this team won 11 games.

You really have to stop bringing this up or I will be forced to show the facts and make you look the fool yet again.

You've been on sort of good behavior lately (for you) but you're blowing it by reverting to your old dumbkoff ways. Cease this activity.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB is the best GM of all time. All time.  

Dead wrong.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

My god.  

FACT

Why are injuries and changing of positions only excuses for the people Belichick drafts?

See, you are capable of posting something worthwhile. Do that more and be an imbecile less.

Sections
Shortcuts