Belichick on Mike and Mike in the Morning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Belichick on Mike and Mike in the Morning

I, for one, was completely shocked that Hoody decided to join the boys on Mike and Mike in the Morning because I've never seen Bill voluntarily sit down with anyone from ESPN in a long, long time. This came a week after people were bashing Moss. Perhaps he knew he'd be asked about the Moss situation and he wanted to use this as another platform to clarify "Moss dogging it?"

Any thoughts on the timing and reasoning?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Belichick on Mike and Mike in the Morning

Espn is trying to be nice to the Pats because the Colts are going to overtake them as the most hated team, and espn wants the Pats on their side for when the onslaught begins against the Colts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?id=4753228

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

BB has definitely been out of character in his defense of Moss.  I attribute that to two factors:

1. BB truly does believe Moss is a great player and a great teammate, and will not sit idly by when the press unfairly portrays him as a quitter.  

2. He also fears the unfair remarks in the media might effect Moss.  They shouldn't, but they probably do.

The media are softening their comments on Moss and backtracking a bit.  Perhaps BB's assault is working.  Pretty hard to continue to portray Moss as a quitter when you have BB defending him using X's and O's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick on Mike and Mike in the Morning:
    [QUOTE]BB has definitely been out of character in his defense of Moss.  I attribute that to two factors: 1. BB truly does believe Moss is a great player and a great teammate, and will not sit idly by when the press unfairly portrays him as a quitter.   2. He also fears the unfair remarks in the media might effect Moss.  They shouldn't, but they probably do. The media are softening their comments on Moss and backtracking a bit.  Perhaps BB's assault is working.  Pretty hard to continue to portray Moss as a quitter when you have BB defending him using X's and O's.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I was thinking. Either way, it's good. People, even Patriots fans after a loss, believe Belichick won't do this or that because of his huge ego. Clearly, it's not ego because he was flexible in this case.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

He's doing what a great leader does, he's stepping up and protecting a valuable part of the team. It also demonstrates to Randy that he has his back and I'm sure he'll show his appreciation on the field.

I'll say this, at least he's not acting like Coates did when he was getting doubled and couldn't get the ball. He said he wanted the ball or he wanted out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I heard what you heard but PFT heard it differently.  Here is the link and headline:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/18/belichick-evades-question-about-whether-game-film-shows-moss-quit/

I guess they have never heard BB speak, and expected him to engage in a debate over Moss.  BB simply refuses to say anything negative about anybody, or to engage in a debate.  I'm not sure if he was obligated to appear on the show due to media rules in the NFL.  Anyone who knows anything about football knows that BB's support of Moss is out of character and speaks volumes by itself. 

Also I love Bill but he almost put me to sleep describing when he scripts game plans and when he deviates and why.  The CIA couldn't get a useful soundbite out of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Once again I say ESPN is counting on ESPN Boston to be sucessful. That's a website for Boston sports fans. Bashing the Patriots day after day  isn't going to get it there. It's all about the money.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

[QUOTE]Once again I say ESPN is counting on ESPN Boston to be sucessful. That's a website for Boston sports fans. Bashing the Patriots day after day  isn't going to get it there. It's all about the money.  
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

right.  There are still a ton of us in Boston who do not watch or visit any ESPN affiliated sites.  ESPN's NE Ratings took a huge plunge after two straight years of bashing all the Boston sports teams.  Some of their recent moves reek of desperation to win some Boston marketshare back... Bruschi, Reiss, etc. but I could care less, I'll just watch the games and local media, I see no reason not to hold them accountable for their absolutely unprofessional and redicoulous coverage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Belichick on Mike and Mike in the Morning...

Every once in a while, I guess you have to sleep with the enema.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick on Mike and Mike in the Morning : right.  There are still a ton of us in Boston who do not watch or visit any ESPN affiliated sites.  ESPN's NE Ratings took a huge plunge after two straight years of bashing all the Boston sports teams.  Some of their recent moves reek of desperation to win some Boston marketshare back... Bruschi, Reiss, etc. but I could care less, I'll just watch the games and local media, I see no reason not to hold them accountable for their absolutely unprofessional and redicoulous coverage.
    Posted by fuzzy1[/QUOTE]

You are fortunate you have the local perspective, for those of us who live in other areas we have to get our Patriot news from other sources  Boston.com isnt as good with Reiss gone, but Reiss is not that great any more on espnboston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick on Mike and Mike in the Morning : You are fortunate you have the local perspective, for those of us who live in other areas we have to get our Patriot news from other sources  Boston.com isnt as good with Reiss gone, but Reiss is not that great any more on espnboston.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

I agree, I miss Reiss with the Globe... He was awesome!  Still OK with ESPN, but not as much information as before.  I too live outside of the Boston area, so I try to soak up as much as i can online here.....   WEEI is also pretty good for PATS info....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Yeh I love the homers on the Big Show. Mostly good stuff  about the team and Belichick comments are always interesting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Do you listen to PFW online or Patriots All access on their home page.... Sometimes some good stuff there as well.....

Predictions for Tomorrow?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

My two cents...

I listen to M&M in the Morning, or rather catch it on ESPN2 ... find it amusing and take it for what it is, a bunch of talking heads who have OPINIONS!  BB was quite straight forward in his comments and did not bite on some of the leading questions.  I also make it a point to not watch or listen to pre-game shows and other such media because it is all too much BS.  Everyone has their likes and dislikes and I do hate it when they allow that to cloud their views, turning what should be an objective observation into a subjective diatribe.  Classic example - Hoge in 2007, he HATED the Pats!! They make mountains out of mole hills and need to create listener/reader interest with their spoken/written word.  In the end, it doesn't affect how I feel about my NE teams because these folks do not play the games!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

ESPN has ready access to the latest technology, stats, historical videos, historical records etc. So it's even more annoying to listen to the idiots on that network ( sorry Tedy ). I'm assuming they're still idiots based on what I've read here. I haven't watched in a long time ( except for classic boxing ). And not because of Patriot-bashing. It's just a waste of time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

ESPN=MTV.  Forget the solid core programming that got them there.  Lets have a pregame Sportcenter, Monday night countdown, 2 different desks for mfn, 2 sideline reporters, and 2 nfl rumors guys, AND STILL REPEAT THE SAME TIRED UNFOUNDED BALONEY.  Last night I heard 2 guys on the NFL Network coverage desk say there was NO WAY the Saints would lose to the Cowboys?  How stupid is that?  ESPN is the worldwide leader in pointless stats and unfounded prognostication.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Not a clear post, sorry.  I understand the NFL Network has nothing to do with espn.  but its symbolic of the trite "analysis" they pass off.  Marshall Faulk is NOT an anaylst.  Hes an ex player, and total homer who HATES the Pats.  

Sections
Shortcuts