Belichick on Rodney..."One of the greatest ever"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

Re: Belichick on Rodney...

jeff fuller 49ers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

This is plenty bad, it's not after the whistle but if you hit someone below the knee nothing good will come of it. I mean he's jsut a guy who played overly agressive all the time even when it wasn't necessary. He gets blocked off his feet and dives below the knee to me that's the defintion of dirty. Physiologically it's bad news no matter how you slice it and it's a preseason game. Rusty it's my opinion, you don't get a name like that without earning the name, if you think otherwise fine

http://youtu.be/-u6jCcmix-E

How is that after the whistle? You said "after" the whistle like it was a routine thing.  YOu also called me a liar.

Is this the part where you realize you're instigating someting while talking out of your rectum at the same time?

No i didn't I never said once "after" i said through. Through means as the whistle is being blown. It's ok Rusty live in denial, Rodney was an awesome player but he was also as dirty as they come. If he wasn't why was he fined all the time, this was all before mr player safety became commish as well. 

Learn human anatomy please, talking out of your rectum is like saying you talk out of your chest. If i was talking excrement i'd be talking out of my an us.

Honestly what do you say if that hit happens to a Patriot, Bledsoe for example. Is it still an accident? Is Pollard's hit on Brady an accident? The only real difference is the angle of attack and i'm sure if Rodneys was blocked in front of Green he'd still have went for his knees

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Rodney was excellent and one of my favorites but he was dirty. That hit on Trent Green was bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Rodney exemplifies what a true football player is. My favorite pat along with brady and bruschi. Love this guy. He is great on NBC too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Rodney is to dirty, what Tyree is to lucky.

well tyree may have been lucky but that was once-rodney was dirty all the time!  LOL

Funny how the two terms "dirty" and "plays hard" get mixed together so much. If the guy is on YOUR team he plays hard, if its the OTHER team, he is dirty! I guess you guys havent had a real SS in a while. If Kenny Phillips wasnt always hurt, maybe you too would appreciate that, but your team has another weapon. Pass Rush! Touche

I dont think you can throw the word Dirty around like that. I think of D.Suh and Romanowski as dirty. Harrion was not dirty but did sneak in his late hits from time to time. His coaches loved it and encouraged it. Most fans LOVE Rodney but hate Pollard for playing the same way! When you play wreckless it can be perceived as Dirty but its not. Its called playing ALL OUT! and something OUR secondary has been missing. The same Play that ended Bradys 08 season was the play that Rodney made on Trent Green in preseason that ended his season. Pollard never hit Wes, but he is blamed for his injury. Pollard has been called every name in the book here but when BB signs him, all will be forgiven. Dont talk to me about Dirty!

now now..his peers voted him the dirtiest in the leagues oftentimes...i am not saying anything everyone doesn't already know

and hey get away with what you can-he was a very good, tough player and a big part of pats success back when

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Rodney is to dirty, what Tyree is to lucky.

well tyree may have been lucky but that was once-rodney was dirty all the time!  LOL

Yeah you're right Jints, he was Bernard Pollard before Bernard Pollard. We loved him no one else did. I have to laugh at "playing hard through the whistle" to be honest, that would be a fine statement but there's a difference between playing hard through the whistle and playing hard through the whistle and directly into someones knee which was one of Rodney's favourite things to do by the looks of things. Just being honest guys, lying gets you no where as they say

"lying"?

I'd ask you to present examples where Harrison is diving at people's knees after a whistle, please.

How old were you when he played here anyway? 10? lol

and as i have called you out on before and u have ducked how old were you when Jim Plunkett played? hmmm 30 something?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Plank and Fencik get honorable mention as a duo, Harris and Waters as well. Tim Fox was fun to watch.

But I guess I'm old school.

or just plain OLD  :  )

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Dirty is when Harrison got his knees took out in Tennessee    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Remember him breaking his arm in the superbowl and he played one more snap until the pain was too much--and he came out to watch the P atriots win!! Where are the guys today with the passion of Rodney, Bruschi, Willie, Vrabel How great that he ended up with the Patriots. I love Rodney , I just wish they could get another bad a s s on the team like him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Think it was Pittsburgh, Phil.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

I thought Jeff Fischer was the coach and pretty much laughed it off.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

it was Tennessee.   Bobby wade. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

I thought Jeff Fischer was the coach and pretty much laughed it off.  

you are right Fischer and guess who the defensive coach was --no other  than bountygate Williams!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Remember him breaking his arm in the superbowl and he played one more snap until the pain was too much--and he came out to watch the P atriots win!! Where are the guys today with the passion of Rodney, Bruschi, Willie, Vrabel How great that he ended up with the Patriots. I love Rodney , I just wish they could get another bad a s s on the team like him. 

It wasn't about the pain. He couldn't be effective with one arm or tackle.  I think you will like Adrian Wilson a lot. He will knock your tooth loose and not apologize.

i love the signing....seems like its just what the pats needed, and they got him for cheap as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

the difference is everybody loves Wilson -- everybody hated Rodney-he came in with a chip on his shoulder. remember he was being dumped off to the raiders when Belichick called he arrived in Boston in shorts and went to a burger king to get the deal done. so smart knew this was his chance--do you think Wilson feels the same?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I have one last request Rodney -you dirty player you- will you please cocock that Marshall Faulk and shut him TFU!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I have one last request Rodney -you dirty player you- will you please cocock that Marshall Faulk and shut him TFU!!!

very good player but dirty as hell-just ask anyone who played against him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Thought this many times!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4741282/can-a-harrison-type-player-exist-today

I love hearing coach talk about former players like this.

Like when he characterized coaching Tedy Bruschi with, "The perfect player"

The Pats haven't come close to replacing the great Rodney Harrison, Ty Law, or Willie McGinest. It's the reason why they haven't won that elusive 4th SB title. Hopefully, Chandler Jones will develop into a big play pass rusher...Aqib Talib will approximate Ty...and SS Adrian Wilson can remind us of Rodney. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I think Belichick says it best at the end of Super Bowl 38 (on the DVD) as he hugs Rodney and says "thank God we got you!" And Rodney the "dirty thug" as some want to characterize replies, "Yes Sir, thank you for taking a chance on me," as he stands there crying tears of joy, his broken arm hung in a sling. Its on the Pats superbowl 38 DVD.

Sections
Shortcuts