Belichick on running the ball (from today's conference call)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Belichick on running the ball (from today's conference call)

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Triple OG...   too many OC/DC/HC/GM wannabes on this forum.  They all think they know better AFTER the game is over.

Isn't that the whole point of the forum?

Discussing a game, play calls, player transactions is one thing, to come across like one knows better than the professionals running the team and playing the game is another.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Expecting honesty on this is hopeless.

Let's face it, if BB himself came in and slapped some of these characters silly screaming all the while, "WE RUN MORE WHEN IT'S BEING EFFECTIVE, GOT IT?", they would all be here the next day posting the same nonsense.

Is it "honesty" is simply being pigheaded?  IMHO, most everyone here has acknowledged issues with the team over the years.  When someone posts a "defense" for that opinion, why does one have to counter it with "your not being honest."?  Look at what BB said and it pokes holes in many folks opinions about the need to "balance" the offense.  As BB notes, it is about game situations and what the other team is giving you.

Rusty, for example, claims he is speaking a truth no one wants to acknowledge.  Problem is, he is being VERY PIGHEADED about his opinions about Brady, the defense and all manners of posts contradicting his rhetoric do not change his mind.  So, is it honesty or just trying to scream louder than everyone else: "I AM RIGHT, YOU ARE ALL WRONG!"?

Bill, I hope you don't group me in with rusty and his insane theory about everything being the best QB in nfl histories fault.

My premise is simple, since we started going with more of a pass heavy aerial attack, we have struggled in the post season against good defenses.  I dont think BB is an idiot, i dont understand how a debate could turn into that?

I think it is only natural to fall back on your HOF QB who broke every passing record in the book a little too often. I dont see a lot of games where we came out and ran 15 20 times for 50 yards. I dont see our running game getting shut down like babe and company claim. I saw woodhead getting nowhere out of the draw plays, but our power backs have always ran well under coach scsrs o line. 

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. We have scored 15.5 pog in 5 playoff losses in a row. I mean our defense has been nowhere near the level of the dynasty defense I get it, but it is an offensive driven league now.  15.5 ppg? We can't pretend that is going to win us playoff games can we? Not when we average over double that. 

I respect your opinions a lot. What do you think of reiss's take on how the pass heavy approach has hindered our offense in some tough post season exits? Or Salks take on what a ball control balanced offense does for all 3 phases of the game, and how it wears down a defense?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Triple OG...   too many OC/DC/HC/GM wannabes on this forum.  They all think they know better AFTER the game is over.

Discussing a game, play calls, player transactions is one thing, to come across like one knows better than the professionals running the team and playing the game is another.

On places like here....they are actually one in the same....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Maybe BB learned his lesson from Seattle game last year. 9:30 left in game with 13 point lead and lose. We threw 6 incomplete passes, which stops the clock, 3 TO's for Seattle, plus 2:00 warning. We gave Seattle 10 TO's. One drive by the Pats took 14 seconds. Not counting 2nd Intentional Grounding Penalty, after a 9 yard run by Woodhead. Why on earth are we passing 2nd and 1.

He wont make that mistake again.

Great example.

When WOodhead and Welker were over-used, we always lost vs a good defense.

It's just so simple.

Stupid example  Woody was barely used.

The Pats ran 26 times @ 3.3 ypc  ONLY 4 OF THOSE WERE WOODIES.

They also had 26 first downs compared to 17 for the birds.

The Pats also dominated ToP, 34/26.

The hawks also ran 26 times but had far fewer drives  85/55.

The problem, as usual, was not the offense but another defensive breakdown with the go ahead TD with a minute left.

Perhaps BB needs to learn to NEVER , EVER, give the ball to the defense in the 4th quarter, then things like giving up 13 point leads will NEVER, EVER happen.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Rusty...sometimes you post so much you actually lose track of who you are responding to.

My positions here have been consistent from day one.

Football is all about match ups

The BB, Weiss and Crennel match up worked, it's why some marriages last 50 years and some can't make 50 months.

BB and TB are joined at the hip. That duo has worked period. Yes BB is a great coach but you simply must except that Brady is the best of all time.

Over the last ten years we have become too one dimentionable. It made us vulnerable to a good match up....rope a dope if you will.

If we had maintained a respectable running game TB and BB would be sitting around the locker room with a SB ring on 5 fingers, maybe 6.

If I have said anything different let me know...

Did your Mom wake you too early this morning.....

Did you not just call me "kid" (laughable) in responding to me saying I have "mental issues", when I asked Babe to back up his premise that BB is an average drafter?

The person with mental illness is Babe. He refuses to back it up and isn't a kid, so......

How am I "losing track"?

Also, the word is "dimensional" not "dimentionable".  If you agree with me, why did you say "you have mental issues, kid", when I asked Babe to name the 10-15 GMs who are better than BB?

This is what I'm talking about....you called me a girl who soiled her diapers and I'm sitting here, enjoying my steak lunch, and ignoring my co-workers looking at my posts to try and understand what the heck you are talking about....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The biggest no brainer in the history of the NFL...Tom Brady is the best that's ever played the position.

And the lengths that some go to to discredit him because it's more importent that their belief that it's all BB is truly sickening....

Joe Montana was the best and most cerebral QB I've ever seen. Maybe you're only a teenager and never saw him, but Brady has destroyed his legacy in recent years, really by his own doing with poor decisions like on 1st downs in 4th QTRs for INTs for no explainable reasoning.

Joe Montana NEVER did stuff like that. Ever.

It's painful to admit, because Brady was well on his way, but SB 46 was a disaster from him in that 4th qtr.

It's very arrogant for PAts fans to sell it as a fact that a guy who was 4-0 in SBs, granted in easier era of teambuilding, but harder statistically for QBs, is somehow inferior to the guy with 3 rings and two golden looks in SB losses where the offense barely dribbled out 14 or 17 points.

This is an offensive era. It's not 1980, 1970, 1960, etc.  

Brady took the lead in both super bowls. He broke the record for consecutive completions. Our D as they did in all super bowls but the eagles gave up the lead late in the game. I don't think our D was nearly as bad as afew of these people try to male ot out to be, but the clutch ffactor has obviously been missing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Mike Reiss is clearly more of an expert than Bill Belichick.  

I was just thinking the same thing, after all everything he says is lauded around here as gospel. 

Once again...running=good. Not being able to run and yet still trying to=you are going to lose.

I'm going to trust that Belichick knows what he is doing more so than Mickey Mouse Reiss (I still don't think he's tall enough to get on Space Mountain). You can't tell me this guy never got his tongue stuck on a flag poll. You can't.

Funny how Reiss is cherry picked by the warped agenda crowd. They hardly made a peep about his brilliance when he called BB a mediocre drafter. LMAO

He also said recently (in one of his chats) that, while BB has adjusted his offense to compete in today's NFL, he wondered if he hasn't done enough to have his D adjust to the offenses.

Truth!

Source it please.  You cannot be trusted as a known pathological liar here.

^ Says the worst liar on the board (actually tied with the Colts troll.).

Nah, He's got the Colts troll beat by miles.

His ability to lie, in an instance, is only surpassed by his ability to breathe.

Post the link or be known as a liar.

Like I said, I'm not going to go back over a month or more of chats to find it.

I know what I read and really don't give a fk if you ( of all the pathetic people in the world) believe it.  Pinocchio.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The biggest no brainer in the history of the NFL...Tom Brady is the best that's ever played the position.

And the lengths that some go to to discredit him because it's more importent that their belief that it's all BB is truly sickening....

Joe Montana was the best and most cerebral QB I've ever seen. Maybe you're only a teenager and never saw him, but Brady has destroyed his legacy in recent years, really by his own doing with poor decisions like on 1st downs in 4th QTRs for INTs for no explainable reasoning.

It's painful to admit, because Brady was well on his way, but SB 46 was a disaster from him in that 4th qtr.

It's very arrogant for PAts fans to sell it as a fact that a guy who was 4-0 in SBs, granted in easier era of teambuilding, but harder statistically for QBs, is somehow inferior to the guy with 3 rings and two golden looks in SB losses where the offense barely dribbled out 14 or 17 points.

Joe Montana played pre-cap era and had a stacked team....on both sides of the ball.

Tom Brady has had to play with a salary capped team...HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Put TB on the 80's 49ers

Put JM on the 2003+ Pats

Who ya got?

Brady...all day long.

And I have told you a hundred times....I'm 59, but that would involve you remembering things.....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Rusty, Brady is not a robot. You can"t expect a clean game every time out. The Giants on the road to SB46 QB VICTIMS Ryan- Rodgers-  Smith- Brady those are good qb'S THEY SHUT DOWN... If you go by stats which is the issue they rank good.  If you go by playoffs not good.  If you by reg season pretty good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I agree. I refrain from that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Joe Montana played pre-cap era and had a stacked team....on both sides of the ball.

Tom Brady has had to play with a salary capped team...HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Put TB on the 80's 49ers

Put JM on the 2003+ Pats

Who ya got?

Brady...all day long.

And I have told you a hundred times....I'm 59, but that would involve you remembering things.....

I don't recall your age or you ever mentioning it, not that I necessarily care.

Are you really claiming Brady to be superior to Joe Montana like it's some universal fact? See, this is why other fans hate Pats fans.  The QB has been poor for years now in the postseason, but somehow we need to gloss over that and just ignore it?

Brady has a chance to get a 4th ring and maybe he will, but until then, he hasn't leapfrogged Montana.

Montana also did not get a stacked team until 1984. They had like 3 different teams.

1981, 1984, 1987

Brady has never had 3 straight one and dones, but I attribute that more to BB the GM and how he teambuilds in the difficult cap era as well as expansion and the teams who come into a divisional rd now are weaker than back then.

Montana would be the same consistently great QB from the divisional rd right into the SB. He wasn't great against a crap 8-8 Wild Card team like a 2011 Denver and then bad the rest of the way.

Brady's, as all are stats today, are bloated, so forget the stats point.  

Much more difficult to be a QB back then in general because the Chuck Rule and Rozelle weren't obsessed trying to promote the league by changing the league.

Brady has also been gifted a rash of HOF talent at different times, whether it be Moss, Welker, Gronk, etc.  Montana just had Rice, starting in 1985.

Not to Montana but if he wins one more yes. They could lose the next 5 superbowls if they win one more yes i will def. go there.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

You don't think Brady's decision making or responsibility with having full autonomy and his play in recent postseasons have been a problem?

13 or 14 points scored, 40+ passes with a lead, preferring the shotgun against Ds he apparently is afraid of, are not problems via Brady?

Why?

What position in sports do you think is the most important? 

As for the coaching staff, this is without question one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL and has been for years.  

Fears, Scarnecchia, Pepper, heck, even Patrick Graham has been doing a real nice job for this team.  STs coaching is also good with Scott O'Brien.

To me, I see O"Brien and McDaniels as the same guy, which tells me all I need to know, and you wont like the statement I would make next, so I won't bother. lol

It appears, and you have stated this in the past, you feel Brady is egotistical and is focused on passing the ball most times.  Brady makes calls at the line based on what he sees not on his desire to "pass" the ball as you imply.  No different than Manning and other top flight NFL QBs

It makes one wonder how many times Brady has audibled out of a running play resulting in a succesful pass play in which everyone is high-fiving each other.  But, when a pass play is unsuccessful, which may or may not have been an audible out of a called running play, there is a presumption on your part the pass play was called by Brady and the fact it did not succeed is Brady's fault.  You can't have it both ways.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Of course he did. Stop lying.

Montana was only 4-3 in NFCCGs with 7 INTs in 7 games.

He had an 18/12 TD/INT ratio in divisional playoff games.

He had 3 TDs and 2 INTs in the wildcard round.

Most all of this was with the greatest receiver of all-time to work with and an otherwise loaded team.

His great SB games, where his great postseason stats were mostly racked up, were against an AFC that didn't win more than 1 SB in some 16 years!

Another day, another bludgeoning of the village imbecile.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Many consider Montana, maybe a Unitas, an Otto Graham, even Gomer as superior to Brady.

Many people, like you, are imbeciles.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brady has also been gifted a rash of HOF talent at different times, whether it be Moss, Welker, Gronk, etc.  Montana just had Rice, starting in 1985.

Give me a break.  Montana and Young always had a bunch of talent on offense and the 49'ers had very good defenses.  Dude, just give it up.  All of your comments and opinions are slanted to push your ridiculous agenda here.  You are a fraud, everyone knows it so just stop pretending that you know what you are talking about.  You get slaughtered on this forum every day.  It's funny, you are the only one who thinks you don't get daily beatings on here.  You are delusional.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

When I say BB is the best of all time, I say that because it's pretty clear without the cap, they'd have kept many players with ease with Kraft simply overpaying some guys, and they'd have 1 or 2 more SBs.

Always the dishonesty from you.

BB gets to enjoy your praise because he has had to deal with the cap.

But Brady gets your scorn dealing with the exact same thing.

You are as phony as a $3 bill.

Sections
Shortcuts