Belichick on running the ball (from today's conference call)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Re: Belichick on running the ball (from today's conference call)

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you really claiming Brady to be superior to Joe Montana like it's some universal fact? See, this is why other fans hate Pats fans.  The QB has been poor for years now in the postseason, but somehow we need to gloss over that and just ignore it?

[/QUOTE]

You mean its not because of people like you that think BB is some kind of infallible god?

Its funny watching you contradict yourself in every post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Expecting honesty on this is hopeless.

Let's face it, if BB himself came in and slapped some of these characters silly screaming all the while, "WE RUN MORE WHEN IT'S BEING EFFECTIVE, GOT IT?", they would all be here the next day posting the same nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

Is it "honesty" is simply being pigheaded?  IMHO, most everyone here has acknowledged issues with the team over the years.  .......  So, is it honesty or just trying to scream louder than everyone else: "I AM RIGHT, YOU ARE ALL WRONG!"?

[/QUOTE]

Bill, I hope you don't group me in with rusty and his insane theory about everything being the best QB in nfl histories fault.

My premise is simple, since we started going with more of a pass heavy aerial attack, we have struggled in the post season against good defenses.  I dont think BB is an idiot, i dont understand how a debate could turn into that?

I think it is only natural to fall back on your HOF QB who broke every passing record in the book a little too often. I dont see a lot of games where we came out and ran 15 20 times for 50 yards. I dont see our running game getting shut down like babe and company claim. I saw woodhead getting nowhere out of the draw plays, but our power backs have always ran well under coach scsrs o line. 

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. We have scored 15.5 pog in 5 playoff losses in a row. I mean our defense has been nowhere near the level of the dynasty defense I get it, but it is an offensive driven league now.  15.5 ppg? We can't pretend that is going to win us playoff games can we? Not when we average over double that. 

I respect your opinions a lot. What do you think of reiss's take on how the pass heavy approach has hindered our offense in some tough post season exits? Or Salks take on what a ball control balanced offense does for all 3 phases of the game, and how it wears down a defense?

[/QUOTE]

Triple...  no I do not.  Meant as a general statement and referencing some posters who are very steadfast in their opinions regardless of contrary arguments.

I have said in the past that it is a head scratcher when the team goes away from what is working in a game, running or passing.  Take for example, SB42..  both TDs were not scored with pass happy series.  Combinations of runs and passes with an up tempo attack not giving the Giants' D an opportunity to haul off and going to the edges instead of up the middle.  All other times, Pats tried for pass plays that required time to set up and the Giants' rush did not allow for it.

To your last paragraph...  Consider the mindset of the team.. PASSING was working ALL season long and they had the weapons.  There was a barely a team that could stop them. Do you blame them?  In both those SB losses, the Giants D played well above what it did in the regular season, which happens.  Pats did not adjust in time.  Recall how often run plays got blown up?  Anyway, it is what it is.. we can't change that history and, hopefully, what we saw late this season portends a more balanced attack, or rather, an attack the other team can't figure out which way it will go..  run or pass heavy. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The biggest no brainer in the history of the NFL...Tom Brady is the best that's ever played the position.

And the lengths that some go to to discredit him because it's more importent that their belief that it's all BB is truly sickening....

[/QUOTE]

Joe Montana was the best and most cerebral QB I've ever seen. Maybe you're only a teenager and never saw him, but Brady has destroyed his legacy in recent years, really by his own doing with poor decisions like on 1st downs in 4th QTRs for INTs for no explainable reasoning.

Joe Montana NEVER did stuff like that. Ever.

It's painful to admit, because Brady was well on his way, but SB 46 was a disaster from him in that 4th qtr.

It's very arrogant for PAts fans to sell it as a fact that a guy who was 4-0 in SBs, granted in easier era of teambuilding, but harder statistically for QBs, is somehow inferior to the guy with 3 rings and two golden looks in SB losses where the offense barely dribbled out 14 or 17 points.

This is an offensive era. It's not 1980, 1970, 1960, etc.  

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

Montana actually had a great team around him.  Great receivers and an underrated (very good) Defense. 

Brady had that in his first 5 years but other than 2007 since then, has had crap to work with. CRAP!

Sort of like now, comparing this recent team to the recent 49'rs teams with them actually having receivers (other than a bunch of slot guys and rookies) and a defense.

There is no comparison of the actual teams.  NONE!

Give Brady the 49'rs team and BB the coach, right now, and he wins every game, including the SB

Just leave Bb, the GM, at the alter.  That marriage sucks!  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady has also been gifted a rash of HOF talent at different times, whether it be Moss, Welker, Gronk, etc.  Montana just had Rice, starting in 1985.

[/QUOTE]

Give me a break.  Montana and Young always had a bunch of talent on offense and the 49'ers had very good defenses.  Dude, just give it up.  All of your comments and opinions are slanted to push your ridiculous agenda here.  You are a fraud, everyone knows it so just stop pretending that you know what you are talking about.  You get slaughtered on this forum every day.  It's funny, you are the only one who thinks you don't get daily beatings on here.  You are delusional.

[/QUOTE]

Every time you don't counter and choose the personal attacks to try to discredit any premise of mine, people will see YOU as the loser.

You don't seem to get this. lmao

[/QUOTE]

Montana and Young always had a bunch of talent on offense and the 49'ers had very good defenses.

There is your counter, fraud!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The biggest no brainer in the history of the NFL...Tom Brady is the best that's ever played the position.

And the lengths that some go to to discredit him because it's more importent that their belief that it's all BB is truly sickening....

[/QUOTE]

Joe Montana was the best and most cerebral QB I've ever seen. Maybe you're only a teenager and never saw him, but Brady has destroyed his legacy in recent years, really by his own doing with poor decisions like on 1st downs in 4th QTRs for INTs for no explainable reasoning.

[/QUOTE]

Of course he did. Stop lying.

Montana was only 4-3 in NFCCGs with 7 INTs in 7 games.

He had an 18/12 TD/INT ratio in divisional playoff games.

He had 3 TDs and 2 INTs in the wildcard round.

Most all of this was with the greatest receiver of all-time to work with and an otherwise loaded team.

His great SB games, where his postseason stats were mostly racked up, were against an AFC that didn't win more than 1 SB in some 16 years!

Another day, another bludgeoning of the village imbecile.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see how this is a bludgeoning. I am the one along with an old time poster who is superb here, Hard Right, who point out the 3 straight playoff mishaps for him from 1985-1987.

But, the key there was Walsh was rebuilding during those years. I made reference to this numerous times here and even mentioned the 1986 draft being the trigger for their nasty 1988 and 1989 teams. If Montana didn't get hurt in 1990, they win that one, too, and go 3 in a row in the SB.

Until Brady bounces back like the late 1980s 49ers did led by Montana, you can't just assusme it will happen, or since he's Brady, it doesn't matter Montana and those 24ers teams did.

[/QUOTE]

And you have screamed from the rooftops over and over and over ad nauseam that BB has been "rebuilding on the fly". But Brady gets no slack from you for that.

The FACT remains that Montana was very ordinary in the playoffs unless he was playing the inferior AFC who won only one SB over 16years which happened to coincide quite nicely with his career.

Montana had a 34/21 TD/INT ratio in the playoffs outside the SB against the inferior AFC.

Keep lying, I'll keep bludgeoning.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't think Brady's decision making or responsibility with having full autonomy and his play in recent postseasons have been a problem?

13 or 14 points scored, 40+ passes with a lead, preferring the shotgun against Ds he apparently is afraid of, are not problems via Brady?

Why?

What position in sports do you think is the most important? 

As for the coaching staff, this is without question one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL and has been for years.  

Fears, Scarnecchia, Pepper, heck, even Patrick Graham has been doing a real nice job for this team.  STs coaching is also good with Scott O'Brien.

To me, I see O"Brien and McDaniels as the same guy, which tells me all I need to know, and you wont like the statement I would make next, so I won't bother. lol

[/QUOTE]

It appears, and you have stated this in the past, you feel Brady is egotistical and is focused on passing the ball most times.  Brady makes calls at the line based on what he sees not on his desire to "pass" the ball as you imply.  No different than Manning and other top flight NFL QBs

It makes one wonder how many times Brady has audibled out of a running play resulting in a succesful pass play in which everyone is high-fiving each other.  But, when a pass play is unsuccessful, which may or may not have been an audible out of a called running play, there is a presumption on your part the pass play was called by Brady and the fact it did not succeed is Brady's fault.  You can't have it both ways.

[/QUOTE]

He's been baited. Teams know he prefers to pass and be in the shotgun, so that info is invaluable.

[/QUOTE]

You must mean BB here. Because, you know, he is the Head Coach and all. More lying from the phony.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Are you really claiming Brady to be superior to Joe Montana like it's some universal fact? See, this is why other fans hate Pats fans.  The QB has been poor for years now in the postseason, but somehow we need to gloss over that and just ignore it?

[/QUOTE]

You mean its not because of people like you that think BB is some kind of infallible god?

[/QUOTE]

It almost floored me when I read that from his post. LMAO!!  He also accused me today of using name calling and personal attack as a way of deflection.  My gosh, this loser.  He is now using other peoples comments about him as a way of defending himself against others.  The guy is a nut case. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's painful to admit, because Brady was well on his way, but SB 46 was a disaster from him in that 4th qtr.

It's very arrogant for PAts fans to sell it as a fact that a guy who was 4-0 in SBs, granted in easier era of teambuilding, but harder statistically for QBs, is somehow inferior to the guy with 3 rings and two golden looks in SB losses where the offense barely dribbled out 14 or 17 points.

This is an offensive era. It's not 1980, 1970, 1960, etc.  

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

Montana actually had a great team around him.  Great receivers and an underrated (very good) Defense. 

[/QUOTE]

And that is what got him to the SBs where he feasted on the inferior AFC. His numbers against the NFC were pedestrian. His team got him to those SBs for the most part.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mike Reiss is clearly more of an expert than Bill Belichick.  

[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking the same thing, after all everything he says is lauded around here as gospel. 

Once again...running=good. Not being able to run and yet still trying to=you are going to lose.

I'm going to trust that Belichick knows what he is doing more so than Mickey Mouse Reiss (I still don't think he's tall enough to get on Space Mountain). You can't tell me this guy never got his tongue stuck on a flag poll. You can't.

[/QUOTE]

Funny how Reiss is cherry picked by the warped agenda crowd. They hardly made a peep about his brilliance when he called BB a mediocre drafter. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

He also said recently (in one of his chats) that, while BB has adjusted his offense to compete in today's NFL, he wondered if he hasn't done enough to have his D adjust to the offenses.

Truth!

[/QUOTE]

Source it please.  You cannot be trusted as a known pathological liar here.

[/QUOTE]

^ Says the worst liar on the board (actually tied with the Colts troll.).

[/QUOTE]

Nah, He's got the Colts troll beat by miles.

His ability to lie, in an instance, is only surpassed by his ability to breathe.

[/QUOTE]

Post the link or be known as a liar.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I'm not going to go back over a month or more of chats to find it.

I know what I read and really don't give a fk if you ( of all the pathetic people in the world) believe it.  Pinocchio.

[/QUOTE]

As suspected, you lied.  

[/QUOTE]

The biggest problem with a liar is that they lose the ability to believe anyone else.

You are the liar!  Always are, always have been.

How many people call you that, fluffy?  Everyone?  You'd have to blind not to see that.

Deaf, dumb and blind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't think Brady's decision making or responsibility with having full autonomy and his play in recent postseasons have been a problem?

[/QUOTE]

It appears, and you have stated this in the past, you feel Brady is egotistical and is focused on passing the ball most times.  Brady makes calls at the line based on what he sees not on his desire to "pass" the ball as you imply.  No different than Manning and other top flight NFL QBs

[/QUOTE]

He's been baited. Teams know he prefers to pass and be in the shotgun, so that info is invaluable.

Get it? Read that again if you need to.  Seriously. I am not trying to have anything both ways. I cringed when he said that and then I watched him play poorly overall in the postseason, where the better Ds are, SINCE.

Understand? So, yes, who else should be holding accountable? MIckey Mouse?

Also, audibling into a run as a draw from the shotgun doesn't work very well.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I get it.  Brady is not infallible..   but, like I said earlier, what he calls works so often, he does what he does.  The majority of the time he shreds the opponents' D.  If anyone holds him accountable, it is himself as he says in so many press conferences.

Also, as I have said plenty of times in the past, the plays that are called are expected to work if the execution occurs.  It is not like he is NOT trying his best to win.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

When I say BB is the best of all time, I say that because it's pretty clear without the cap, they'd have kept many players with ease with Kraft simply overpaying some guys, and they'd have 1 or 2 more SBs.

[/QUOTE]

Always the dishonesty from you.

BB gets to enjoy your praise because he has had to deal with the cap.

But Brady gets your scorn dealing with the exact same thing.

You are as phony as a $3 bill.

[/QUOTE]

I acknowledge that it's harder for QBs with personnel changes, especially for Brady here, but he's been spoiled overall since 2007 either at WR or TE being the strong part, the O Lines, Scarnecchia, etc, and it's a MUCH EASIER OFFENSIVE ERA, which is a fact.

So, it evens out.

BB cannot be responsible when Brady throws a mindnumbingly dumb INT, for example, in the 4th qtr on 1st down.

Here's a good way to sum this era debate up:

Dan Marino's 1984 48 TD record is more impressive than Mannings 54 or whatever it was this year.

Easier era for QBs, helps balance out the cap era and personnel turnover.

[/QUOTE]

So, does Brady get the mulligan because of the cap era like you give BB or not? Don't try to razzle dazzle us with the old hocus pocus BS.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady has also been gifted a rash of HOF talent at different times, whether it be Moss, Welker, Gronk, etc.  Montana just had Rice, starting in 1985.

[/QUOTE]

Give me a break.  Montana and Young always had a bunch of talent on offense and the 49'ers had very good defenses.  Dude, just give it up.  All of your comments and opinions are slanted to push your ridiculous agenda here.  You are a fraud, everyone knows it so just stop pretending that you know what you are talking about.  You get slaughtered on this forum every day.  It's funny, you are the only one who thinks you don't get daily beatings on here.  You are delusional.

[/QUOTE]

Every time you don't counter and choose the personal attacks to try to discredit any premise of mine, people will see YOU as the loser.

You don't seem to get this. lmao

[/QUOTE]

Who's been banned 30 times for his personal attacks?  LOL OMG!  That has to be the funniest thing I've ever read.

WAKE UP, PINOCCHIO!   YOU are the loser and the only one that doesn't know that!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bungalow..   give it a rest.  There are Manning fans who think he is BETTER than Montana as there are Brady fans who think he is better than Montana.  AND, they are not ALL PATS fans, come on!

Secondly, why is Montana considered better?  Because he was 4 - 0 in Super Bowls?  Have you noted Montana's overall playoff record is worse than Brady's?  Brady is 5 - 2 in the AFCCG, a much better win percentage than Montana in NFCCGs.  As many folks who credit Brady with having a better "team" as the reason he has his 3 SB rings is the same argument people give about Montana and the teams he led.  I'm not arguing either way.  Just saying and asking.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Rusty's theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6aRCa8lrE

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

13 or 14 points scored, 40+ passes with a lead, preferring the shotgun against Ds he apparently is afraid of, are not problems via Brady?

Why?

What position in sports do you think is the most important? 

As for the coaching staff, this is without question one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL and has been for years.  

Fears, Scarnecchia, Pepper, heck, even Patrick Graham has been doing a real nice job for this team.  STs coaching is also good with Scott O'Brien.

To me, I see O"Brien and McDaniels as the same guy, which tells me all I need to know, and you wont like the statement I would make next, so I won't bother. lol

[/QUOTE]

It makes one wonder how many times Brady has audibled out of a running play resulting in a succesful pass play in which everyone is high-fiving each other.  But, when a pass play is unsuccessful, which may or may not have been an audible out of a called running play, there is a presumption on your part the pass play was called by Brady and the fact it did not succeed is Brady's fault.  You can't have it both ways.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You must mean BB here. Because, you know, he is the Head Coach and all. More lying from the phony.

[/QUOTE]

As I've stated, BB walked from Woodhead and Welkie much more than just for money, which I;ve been trying to tell idiots like you about all year.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we know you just make things up all the time. That's what pathological lairs do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Many consider Montana, maybe a Unitas, an Otto Graham, even Gomer as superior to Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Many people, like you, are imbeciles.

[/QUOTE]

Did this dude just say Otta Graham??!   Wow, you really digging deep eh?....BB would be proud im sure. If given a chance to grab a QB from ANY era, Im pretty sure BB still chooses Tom, 10 out of 10!  BB would have lost his job long ago if not for Brady. They both are vital to one anothers success. BB helped Brady win SBs early with great situational coaching and great defensive players who were here already. Then after those players left, our D stunk and Brady kept us in the hunt with a winning record for years.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts