Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it?

In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it? : Not me this time, but if someone posts a truly brainless poll question I am so tempted to choose the DOH answer.  A fool's choice deserves a response from any self-respecting fool.  For example, someone asked if Tom Brady would lead the team in interceptions from Henne.  What else could I do?  My hand moved on its own will to the mouse and the cursor struggled like a seance pointer to the Tom Brady choice. Now to answer the question:  BB won't have a great backup QB for quite a while, Brady is signed for a while, and Brady is currently delivering great value for what he gets.  In return, BB is setting Brady up with a pass-protecting OL (and not a run-blocking steamroller OL), running backs that can block and catch passes, a couple of excellent WRs, everything a friendly star QB working slightly on the cheap could possibly want.  The reporter brought up the question, not BB.  If Brady was a wife-beater or a heroin addict he might get traded.  Someday after a bad injury turns chronic he might possibly be traded.  So the answer isn't a cold no, it's just no beyond a reasonable doubt, at least for next season.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]BRADY'S deal is up AFTER next season, not in years! just as seymour's was up after this year... bel has given us all the blueprint. y would tommy be exempt? he is the reason a bel sets a standard as a guide in the first place, isnt it? just like lawyer milloy before him, and ty law, drew and others... tommy is no different! his trade value will NEVER be higher than after this season. y would bel not be open to that avenue if only as a means of getting brady to cooperate with a lesser deal in order to have the brains of bel continue to enhance his success and level of play? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]choircontrarian... the name fits.   You got your wish by posting this "controversial" trade Brady bait. You are entitled to your opinion and interpretation, but, be realistic.  It wouldn't surprise me that BB does think many, most, players on a team could be traded, but, within that many, most category there will most likely be the untouchables.  Brady, 99 and 44/100 % purely is not in the "tradable" category.  BB would never even entertain answering such a question.  As for you, choir, you did entertain the thought, hence the one LONE vote BB would just to stoke the fire!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]no, there are now 2 others. go get you some facts and read what bel said in his own words and reread my thread-INTRO and the exact paragraph as quoted directly as bel spoke it! the link is at the bottom of the thread INTRO. brady very clearly is not viewed as an untouchable by bel. he emphasized YOUNG and specifically mentioned mayo as a guy who would come close to being an "untouchable". 8 years ago, that was brady. in 8 years, mayo would likely be put to pasture too or dangled out as trade bait too. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Do not listen to this troll, it is merely Leon, Togah, or who(or what)ever he/she is posing as this time! Trolls probably have wet dreams about Brady being traded...that's the only way their sorry teams could possibly have a chance! Do not give this inbred fool the attention he is looking for! It's Saturday night and he is lonely. Mama is out at the truck stop trying to earn 20 bucks as usual (she can generally do this by doing four truck drivers)! This fool should be the poster boy for abortion rights! He's a perfect example of why incest is illegal in 48 states!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]hey... lookie here, it's a grubster appearance! can tell from your same old tired avatar that you are still sleeping in your brady PJs with his face emblazoned on your pillow with a big X over gissy's face with yours superimposed. you of all folks should know that i am a strong brady and pats fan, so take that weak echo chamber kool aid elsewhere!

and FYI, mama was out by the bus stop and she made 44 bucks from 4 guys in her Michael Vick for PETA t-shirt!   

welcome back... like with carraway and underdogg, i expect better feedback from you than this drivel in the future. i know you take the whole brady thing very personally (more so than even gizzy) but come on dawg.... step away from the kool aid a bit!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"If, however, Tom wants to play in his old backyard at SF then I think you have to let him go and cut the best deal possible. Maybe 2-3 top draft picks."

Glad you are not running this team. As for "choircontrarian," what a horrible piece of "reporting" on your part, placing conjecture in place of real information but implying you have the latter. 

Your question is more interesting than your reporting. What I can tell you is that the hooded one knows you have to have an elite quarterback to have a chance to win year in, year out, in the NFL. As soon as Tom Brady ventures out of elite status, either out of aging or due to injury woes, then yes, he'll be vulnerable to a trade. But until that happens, no, he won't be traded. Not even if he stomps his feet and says that San Franscisco is nice this time of year. Certainly BB is watching his progress closely this year, he's no dummy. But odds are that Tom should be largely as good as he was in the past, so put him in the untradeable column. 

By the way, I'm sure you could get a good response to your thread on this even without implying something that is not true in your headline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akpat. Show akpat's posts

BB never answered the question directly that if he would trade TB or not. It was a stupid question to begin with. Think about it.”So if I gave you six first-round NFL draft picks, Brady might be available?”

There is a lot more to BB’s answer “Each guy’s price is different”  he is 100% correct.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it? : yep yep, go bak to your soft kool aid CHOIR, school girl pom poms, MSNBC or FOX news... that way you never have to actually think outside of your passions and sentiments with any objectivity, independence or facts. it is true because you feel it and will it so. or because your "leaders" and comrades tell you so!  it is called a discussion board so we discuss. almost 15 percent seem to agree with this direction and point of view at this time, much higher than some of you debative stalinists and fascists would have presumed i'm sure! 
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

You do realize that means 85% of the people think you are a complete moron.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it?:
    [QUOTE]Just read a great exclusive interview with Belichick by yahoo sports, where among other things he shares this insight on his trade philosophy:  Each guy’s price is different. If a team asks, you see what the price is. Now, is  Jerod Mayo (notes)  available? No, not really. But there are certain players who are young that have a certain number of years left on their contract that you want on your team, so you’re really not going to trade them. Those guys are realistically not available, no. But is everybody else available for a certain price on every team? I would say, for the most part, they probably are. Who’s willing to give that? What you want and what someone else is willing to give, that’s usually very different. In this case (the Seymour trade – in return, the Patriots get Oakland’s first-round pick in the 2011 draft), it worked. Bel is too calculating to not know that by blatantly and unnecessarily including Mayo but not Brady that many fans and others out there would wisely pick up not-so-subtle omen! In MY interpretation, hoyer is in that mayo category due to his age and contract, and is a cinch-keeper as are guys like guyton, pryor, ingram and vellmor. however, due to his age, contract situation, and recent injury woes, i do believe belichick has already reviewed that brady trade scenario for this offseason and has already made his peace with it. If i am a san francisco, washington or oakland, i am coming with some serious offers, knowing that belichick will be listening as he is simultaneously negotiating and playing the PR asss-saving game with tom. I could easily see an unfortunate situation where bel has to seymour brady and not take the risks of franchising him or getting nothing in return, esp with the present CBA impasse and doom looming!   Full article:   http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvNwZiW_yuJTb.j4VosJOLtDubYF?slug=jc-belichickqa110609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE] I read the article also.it said he was open to any trade at the right price,and the reporter said how about 6 first round picks for brady.there was no anwser,which means brady,and a few others are off limits,or there asking price would be off the charts.so no we will never,and i mean ever see tom brady traded.you can take that to the bank.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it? : Reread the exact bel quote in this thread's INTRO twice. if you still cant figure it out, call Dr. Phil or invest in 2 quarters so u can call someone who actually gives a f---! 

The part where he says "each guys price is different"?

Well, that has already been addressed by myself and several people.

The question put to you is "When did he specifically say he would trade Brady?"

I will spell it out for you, he didn't. You just made it up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE] the link to the full article is actually at the bottom of the thread introduction.

Just calling you out once again.

Does your dishonesty know no bound? Your original post did not have the link. You added it much later. Now you write about it like it has been there all along and imply that it is the responder's fault for not noticing it.

Was it really too difficult to write that you have now added the link instead of implying it has been there all along?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Gawd I love the ignore button!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Isn't BB just saying every player has a selling price.

I do not ever expect to see Brady traded unless he becomes a Farve type player.

Look if some one makes an offer that is totally in NE favor then of course they make the trade for any player on the team.

If GB offered Rogers, Jennings and Jolly for Brady would you do it???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Every player in the NFL could be traded if the deal made enough sense to move the franchise forward but the deal would have to be so incredible it wouldn't make any sense. Both GM's and both head coaches would be let go because of what they gave up. I'm sure nobody in San Fran or Green Bay would have ever said Montana and Farve would be traded either so it proves it could be done.

The one thing I haven't seen is what Robert Kraft would think. His loyalty and admiration of TB would never allow him to leave NE no matter what the deal so it's never going to happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't BB just saying every player has a selling price. I do not ever expect to see Brady traded unless he becomes a Farve type player. Look if some one makes an offer that is totally in NE favor then of course they make the trade for any player on the team. If GB offered Rogers, Jennings and Jolly for Brady would you do it???
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE] for those three?they are not even close to brady,s value.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Trade Brady? Naaah, ain't happening, but since ridiculous threads rule the day, what if a consortium of buyers convinced Brady to become an owner, not resign with anyone, and be a part owner and starting QB for a purchased existing NFL team...or a new expansion team..in London, LA or San Juan...or even the first lunar franchise or something. Crazy ...for sure, crazy like a fox....maybe....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Actually, I wanted him to trade Brady and keep Cassel.  Don't give me what Cassel has done this year as a reason not too, you know he did better last year after the first 5 or 6 games, the deep ball is all that was missing at all.  I liked matt, and thought we should have shopped tom around.  Matt can run and throw.  But we didnt, so why on earth would we trade him now? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

after this year,you will see why.I guess you forgot about his 2007 performance.yes he missed last year due to an injury,but it can happen,but it hasnt changed who he is,or can do.the rust is shakeing off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

what belichick is trying to do is get other teams who are interested in patriot player to call and try to make a deal. If we find out that they are interested, we can try to raise the price to an acceptable level. you guys are telling me that you wouldn't trade brady for 6 first round picks? every player has a price, just certain players the price is so high it is unlikely that anyone will go for it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

When you read the entire article, what BB is actually saying is that every NFL player, past or present, has a pricetag.  That's it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

his 2007 performance?  teams were scared of moss the first half, and after that they tightened up.  his 2007 performance in the sb amounted to 14 points.  so........no, i dont want a 2007 repeat.  i have been troubled by his under/over throws lately, like the last 4 years.  matt was knocked for all his numbers coming from yards after catch..but that was because people could run after catching his passes, because they were not scooping them off the turf!  look, if i can stand for us to let lawyer milloy and ty law go, then i sure can stand if tom goes also.  but not if the backup is hoyer.  all i was saying, is when we knew matt was that good, i would have been ok with keeping him, and maybe shipping brady to SF, a team he would have liked to play for.  thats all.  no point now, we dont have anyone else yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Every player in the NFL could be traded if the deal made enough sense to move the franchise forward but the deal would have to be so incredible it wouldn't make any sense. Both GM's and both head coaches would be let go because of what they gave up. I'm sure nobody in San Fran or Green Bay would have ever said Montana and Farve would be traded either so it proves it could be done. The one thing I haven't seen is what Robert Kraft would think. His loyalty and admiration of TB would never allow him to leave NE no matter what the deal so it's never going to happen.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE] mr. kraft was much personally closer and connected to BLEDSOE than he ever has been to brady. they used to go to each others' homes for dinner, interacted with each others' families and even went on nonprofessional related trips together. things changed quite a bit thanks to bel and irreversibly during 2001 season. that was bel's and kraft's biggest and best moment that created the standard we now have. bledsoe kept whining and tryg to use his clout with kraft to force bel into naming him the starter before the season ended when he was cleared to participate fully in team activities. bel and kraft worked it out to point where bledsoe was told that he was no longer to contact mr. kraft about those kinds of things and had to work it out exclusively with bill. since then, mr. kraft to his credit has always stood by bill's authoruty and refused to get too chummy with any existing player. always at arm's lengths! no doubt it will be even easier to separate from brady on a personal level than it was with bledsoe. brady ultimately is just an important revenue stream employee, no big emotional investment or involvement. i don't believe mr. kraft was at brady's wedding or stuff like that. just common sense to keep some distance.

i would say even troy brown was closer to kraft than brady. if not mistaken, that was really the ONLY situan.tion kraft actually got "professionally" involved and even overruled bel on. bel wanted to cut troy outright after the 2006 season even with all his ultimate patriot highlights that year and with his impending knee surgery looming. kraft felt that brown deserved one more year and the privilege of retirg as a patriot and with some dignity on his own terms. the same went with the PUP issues and token appearance by brown that year. no way was brown coming bak in 2008. to his credit, he didnt pursue the jet or browns offers and retired as it should have been.

brady is clearly a very different animal. feels he has about 10 years left. if it were a year or two, kraft could intervene. this is more like a bledsoe type issue, except that brady has more value and i am sure bb would like to keep him if the terms are reasonable! it will be BILL's call!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it? : mr. kraft was much personally closer and connected to BLEDSOE than he ever has been to brady. they used to go to each others' homes for dinner, interacted with each others' families and even went on nonprofessional related trips together. things changed quite a bit thanks to bel and irreversibly during 2001 season. that was bel's and kraft's biggest and best moment that created the standard we now have. bledsoe kept whining and tryg to use his clout with kraft to force bel into naming him the starter before the season ended when he was cleared to participate fully in team activities. bel and kraft worked it out to point where bledsoe was told that he was no longer to contact mr. kraft about those kinds of things and had to work it out exclusively with bill. since then, mr. kraft to his credit has always stood by bill's authoruty and refused to get too chummy with any existing player. always at arm's lengths! no doubt it will be even easier to separate from brady on a personal level than it was with bledsoe. brady ultimately is just an important revenue stream employee, no big emotional investment or involvement. i don't believe mr. kraft was at brady's wedding or stuff like that. just common sense to keep some distance. i would say even troy brown was closer to kraft than brady. if not mistaken, that was really the ONLY situan.tion kraft actually got "professionally" involved and even overruled bel on. bel wanted to cut troy outright after the 2006 season even with all his ultimate patriot highlights that year and with his impending knee surgery looming. kraft felt that brown deserved one more year and the privilege of retirg as a patriot and with some dignity on his own terms. the same went with the PUP issues and token appearance by brown that year. no way was brown coming bak in 2008. to his credit, he didnt pursue the jet or browns offers and retired as it should have been. brady is clearly a very different animal. feels he has about 10 years left. if it were a year or two, kraft could intervene. this is more like a bledsoe type issue, except that brady has more value and i am sure bb would like to keep him if the terms are reasonable! it will be BILL's call!

Dude..It will be Bills call and Bill won't trade him until he can't produce at this level because you can't replace what he brings to the team. If your theory was correct then we wouldn't have traded Cassell because he would have been the best replacement and we could have gotten far more for Brady than we did for Cassell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it? : You do realize that means 85% of the people think you are a complete moron.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE] so? because 85% want more taxes, we should just do it? 85% want government health care, just do it? as part of the deal with a republican-based democracy, it is the great 15% my friend, that really move the society! yep, lets kick the bill gates of the world in the nuts... can anyone just create a microsoft? because the majority says it is so, doesnt necessarily make it so. we would still have the flat earth theory as the dominant view if not for the agitating contrarians like a galileo!

lastly, by not specifically saying that brady was untradeable when he clearly had the opportunity to gratuitously say so  (but picked mayo instead when noone was going there) tells ME that is intentional and a message. brady is part of the TRADEABLES! he does not fit into the context of those NOT tradeable... could have said young studs AND loyal productive vets like Brady... but strategically chose not to. this is my opinion, just as you have yours. i am not a reporter or journalist, i am an opinionist! take it for what it is and stop badgering me over trivia! in my view, bel is OPEN to trading brady. i did not type "bel says brady will be traded". jeez!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it? : Dude..It will be Bills call and Bill won't trade him until he can't produce at this level because you can't replace what he brings to the team. If your theory was correct then we wouldn't have traded Cassell because he would have been the best replacement and we could have gotten far more for Brady than we did for Cassell.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]brady's value would not have been as high last year. reconstructive knee surgery tends to do that to teams. u dont remember what happpend to miami with culpepper or even with brees with NO? love him but he was high risk and damaged goods. brady has proven he is healthy. frankly, i could have understood keeping cassel... i m a big fan of his. but i grasp the logic of keepg brady. perhaps if brady was a free agent or with one year left. thats y this offseason is key!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Imiss being able to ignore threads
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Amen brother!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick open to trading BRADY, will he do it? : so? because 85% want more taxes, we should just do it? 85% want government health care, just do it? as part of the deal with a republican-based democracy, it is the great 15% my friend, that really move the society! yep, lets kick the bill gates of the world in the nuts... can anyone just create a microsoft? because the majority says it is so, doesnt necessarily make it so. we would still have the flat earth theory as the dominant view if not for the agitating contrarians like a galileo! [/quote]

You are too freaking funny. As we live in a constitutional republic with a representative democracy  (I think that is what you are trying to say with “republican-based democracy” - who knows what you actually mean.), then, yes, 85% majority will win. Of course, the 15% you came up with originally was highly exaggerated, so let’s go with a more actual number of 95% against you.

That you consider yourself as a ground-breaking individual on par with Galileo is just immensely laughable. 

[quote]lastly, by not specifically saying that brady was untradeable when he clearly had the opportunity to gratuitously say so  (but picked mayo instead when noone was going there) tells ME that is intentional and a message. brady is part of the TRADEABLES! he does not fit into the context of those NOT tradeable... could have said young studs AND loyal productive vets like Brady... but strategically chose not to. this is my opinion, just as you have yours. i am not a reporter or journalist, i am an opinionist! take it for what it is and stop badgering me over trivia! in my view, bel is OPEN to trading brady. i did not type "bel says brady will be traded". jeez!

But thanks for FINALLY admitting you just made this stuff up. I think clarity is an elusive thing for some people. Sometimes it comes in the form of a hissy fit.

Why though do you consider the truth to be trivial?

And, no you did not say “bel says brady will be traded.” You wrote that Belichick is open to trading Brady when, in fact he never said anything of the kind. 

Can I ask a favor? While I find it a near impossibility that you will ever get into a law school, I do realize that there are institutions in this country that will take anyone with a checkbook so I can’t entirely rule it out. So, first, can you please, please, please, please post your rejection letters here. I want to see how they word them in your specific case. Second, on the infinitesimal chance that you do get in, can you post your professors’ comments about your papers here? Life is after all to laugh.