Belichick proves once again, that I know absolutely nothing about what I'm talking about!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Belichick proves once again, that I know absolutely nothing about what I'm talking about!

Every year, I think I know a little something about the team, players, scheme, etc..  Then out of nowhere, BB humbles this sh*t out of me... 

It all started when he released Lawyer Milloy and I thought he made the bigest mistake in his Patriots coaching career.  In comes Rodney Harrison, and the rest is history. 

Seems each year, he makes a strategic decision that reminds me that I really have no idea what I'm talking about! 

It is well documented on this forum how great I thought Kevin O'Connell was.  Last year, I thought BB was crazy for starting Cassel over KO.  I thought KO was the eventual replacement for TB in a few years as they would continue to develop him much the same way they did with Cassel. 

Once again, BB proves that I have absolutely no idea what the heck I am talking about!!! 

I guess it's better to be wrong with BB than right with Pete Carrol! 

GO PATS! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Belichick proves once again, that I know absolutely nothing about what I'm talking about!

I knew there were a bunch of K.O. supporters last year despite the fact that we didn't see all that much of him.  I guess it was because Cassel sucked so much during Pre Season that most of us felt he wasn't the answer.  But we don't see the same things the coaches see day to day.  Obviously,  KO didn't make any progress from last year to this year.   Otherwise,  he would still be here being developed.   Why waste time on someone who is not coachable.   Getting to Brady.  If he were really hurt,  does anyone really think we would be cutting any qb's right now?   I doublt it.   But who know's when it comes to BB?   You never know what he has up his sleeve. 
      Tom Brady is a football player.  He will get hit again this year.  That's part of the game.  He's pretty tough.  People like to paint as a soft pretty boy but hey,  how many of us would get up after having an industrial sized refrigerator fall on us?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Belichick proves once again, that I know absolutely nothing about what I'm talking about!

OK, I believe we have the best head coach in the NFL.  No matter how good you are though, you will not get it right 100% of the time.  I can think of two cases where nobody came in to make me say we made the right decision.  

1. In 2006 our receiving corps was thin as heck.  Doug Gabriel, Caldwell, Gaffney (decent, but added later in the season).  We had no answer for Branch's departure.  To be the devil's advocate, Branch has been mostly injured since leaving the Pats.  So have the other receivers that left us.  

2. We clearly didn't have an answer for Assante.  Who came in and replaced him?

Although nobody came in and made me say we made the right call in those two cases, I can't say they made a mistake either.  You have to consider the salary cap in all of these decisions.  My point is simply that I can think of two cases rather quickly where we didn't find a replacement; regardless of the reason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick proves once again, that I know absolutely nothing about what I'm talking about!:
    [QUOTE]OK, I believe we have the best head coach in the NFL.  No matter how good you are though, you will not get it right 100% of the time.  I can think of two cases where nobody came in to make me say we made the right decision.   1. In 2006 our receiving corps was thin as heck.  Doug Gabriel, Caldwell, Gaffney (decent, but added later in the season).  We had no answer for Branch's departure.  To be the devil's advocate, Branch has been mostly injured since leaving the Pats.  So have the other receivers that left us.   2. We clearly didn't have an answer for Assante.  Who came in and replaced him? Although nobody came in and made me say we made the right call in those two cases, I can't say they made a mistake either.  You have to consider the salary cap in all of these decisions.  My point is simply that I can think of two cases rather quickly where we didn't find a replacement; regardless of the reason.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Yea but those situations are basically salary related. If we can't re-sign them we can't re-sign them, there isn't much BB can do other than trying to address it with FA or draft. Not like he thought Branch and Samual aren't worth keeping, they are simply too expensive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

in bill we trust!!!!!!!!!!!! never forget

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick proves once again, that I know absolutely nothing about what I'm talking about!:
    [QUOTE]OK, I believe we have the best head coach in the NFL.  No matter how good you are though, you will not get it right 100% of the time.  I can think of two cases where nobody came in to make me say we made the right decision.   1. In 2006 our receiving corps was thin as heck.  Doug Gabriel, Caldwell, Gaffney (decent, but added later in the season).  We had no answer for Branch's departure.  To be the devil's advocate, Branch has been mostly injured since leaving the Pats.  So have the other receivers that left us.   2. We clearly didn't have an answer for Assante.  Who came in and replaced him? Although nobody came in and made me say we made the right call in those two cases, I can't say they made a mistake either.  You have to consider the salary cap in all of these decisions.  My point is simply that I can think of two cases rather quickly where we didn't find a replacement; regardless of the reason.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

the 2006 season is the only season that I think BB regrets. When you have a superstar like Brady you have to have at least 1 or 2 weapons on offense and that year Faulk was our only weapon. I think he realized this when he went out of character in big trades for wrs Moss Welker and signed Stalworth. I can say I honestly believe if we had 1 0r 2 good wrs that year maybe we keep the ball on longer drives against the colts and crush the bears in the superbowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

I sure do hope we trade for AJ Feeley from the Eagles or sign another vet qb that gets cut. For the season, I'm sure Brady will be fine. We should be more worried about our defense, specifically our lack of depth at ILB (or MLB in a 4-3), and the struggles in 3rd down (which it looks like we still have from last year). In Bill we trust though!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I would have bet my house that KO would have made the roster this year!  Just goes to show how unpredictable BB truly is. 

I cant imagine any of the other QB's on the roster being upgrades to KO.  He MUST have a plan under his sleeve.

Then again, maybe he doesn't and one of these QB's will emerge to be an outstanding backup.

I feel like the AFLAK duck that leaves the barber shop all frustrated and confused from Yogi Berra!

Sections
Shortcuts