Belichick/Reed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Belichick/Reed

UNBELIEVABLE!  Belichick gets a 50k fine. Reed does a Tatum/Stingley hit on Branch and does not get thrown out of the game. Reed should be fined and suspended for at least one game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Re: Belichick/Reed

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

UNBELIEVABLE!  Belichick gets a 50k fine. Reed does a Tatum/Stingley hit on Branch and does not get thrown out of the game. Reed should be fined and suspended for at least one game.

I agree. Stingley came to mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

No comparison

Branch caught the ball. The hit knocked the ball loose. The throw to Stingley was over his head and uncatchable

The Stingley incident took place in a pre-season game. The hit was unconscionable

Tatum never showed remorse. Reed and Branch shook hands immediately afterward

I'm surprised Reed didnt get fined too, but please dont compare him to Jack Tatum

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

No comparison

Branch caught the ball. The hit knocked the ball loose. The throw to Stingley was over his head and uncatchable

The Stingley incident took place in a pre-season game. The hit was unconscionable

I'm surprised Reed didnt get fined too, but please dont compare him to Jack Tatum

PLEASE,IF Branch had been seriously injured do you think all those "exculpatory facts" you listed would be revelant. Would Branch have shook his hand then assuming he could have? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Suspended? No way..I did expect a fine though. At the speed they're moving at sometimes its hard to place your hit perfectly, especially considering a lot of receivers/running backs lower their heads when they brace themselves for a collision. Reed isn't a dirty player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[/QUOTE]

PLEASE,IF Branch had been seriously injured do you think all those "exculpatory facts" you listed would be revelant. Would Branch have shook his hand then assuming he could have? 

[/QUOTE]

The two incidents are not analogous. Reed was trying to make a football play

What was Tatum's intent? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

No comparison

I agree all your points and wish you the best trying to be a voice on reason on the boards...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

No comparison

Speaking of the Stingley hit......which I remember vividly did y'all see the hit by Mundy on Heyward Bae from the Raiders.  That was erily similar.  Bae was up in the air,  ball was overthrown and Mundy lined him up and nailed him on the left side of his helmet.  Bae was knocked cold and the game was halted for a good 10 minutes.

I'm waiting on the fine for that hit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

The two incidents are not analogous. Reed was trying to make a football play

What was Tatum's intent? 

What was Reed's intent? He was trying to intimidate Branch on the play while decapitating him. Tatum was trying to intimidate Stingley and look what happened

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

REED Definitely should have been fined he had the head shot to both Edleman and Branch.

I like Reed but those were unneccessary.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Reed had 2 questionable hits in this game...one in the end zone n the hit on branch...screw him! id be happy with fine and suspension.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

ESPN talking head Mark Schlereth says BB should be suspended  and  Mike Golic says the fine should have been bigger.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Golic is a tool. Never was a big player but tries to act like one. Schlereth is another one too......BB should be suspended for questioning something but Schlereth can criticize the refs and the NFL just to create controversey for ratings.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[/QUOTE]

What was Reed's intent? He was trying to intimidate Branch on the play while decapitating him. Tatum was trying to intimidate Stingley and look what happened

[/QUOTE]

To jar the ball loose and to punish Branch. It was a dangerous play because of the helmet-to-helmet, but not dirty. At least not in the same way Tatum's hit on Stingley was dirty

Not even close in my opinion

Ed Reed is not Jack Tatum

• This post has been removed.

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

I am a big Ed Reed fan, but he and the Ravens caught a break on that one.  This is what I mean about WHEN the Pats were or weren't flagged for stuff in that game.  It's slightly disturbing to see WHEN the calls came.

Here is one common denominator in the two most horrendously called games of the weekend, which sort of proves the refs were intimidated and ruled in favor of the home team late:

The calls favored each home team when they had to have a call. GB and NE were on the road.  Hard to ignore.  It's pretty clear, not only were the refs unprepared, but they were intimidated by the home team.

If that's literally any other Safety in the NFL, they're getting an illegal hit to the head, leaving their feet call and a slam dunk fine.

Jerod Mayo lays a textbook hit on Breaston last week, a guy with the ball, no helmet used, and he gets 21K.  The NFL is an absolute inconsistent embarrassment at this point with this stuff.  It has to stop. It's not hard. Understad what you are supposed to enforce, see the play and then make a call if necessary.

GOOD GOD

You are spot on !!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Reed was flagged for a personal foul on the play

FWIW, here is Branch's take. Says it wasnt so bad. That he was hit harder later in the game by Jimmy Smith:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21229671/branch-reed-hit-wasnt-bad-it-looked

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

When am I not? lmao

I mean, at some point, you have to call it like it is.   There are too many people running around planet earth who have their head in the sand, and then lash out when they didn't do their homework, embarrassed as such.

Anyone acting like officiating wasn't horrendous and didn't tilt the games, especially this past weekened, doesn't know the game whatsoever.

Spot on! I asked in another thread how many games everyone thought may have turned out differently if the reg. refs had been in, over the past 3 weeks! And was also wondering if Reed got fined. incredible inconsistancies in the disiplinary world we call the NFL! FUBAR!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Suspended? No way..I did expect a fine though. At the speed they're moving at sometimes its hard to place your hit perfectly, especially considering a lot of receivers/running backs lower their heads when they brace themselves for a collision. Reed isn't a dirty player

wouldn't it be nice to have a Reed-type player on our team.....great player.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

The sorta "good" news is, that apparently actual Professional NFL Refs are coming back...  Still, It would've been nicer IF actually qualified Officials were on the field to this last game, to perhaps call maybe 1 holding penalty on the dozen or so instances that I saw alone in the 2nd half, where Pats D-Linemen were wrestled and tackled to the ground by Ravens O-Linemen on any (and seemingly every) pass play.  Orrr, maybe they might've not called Defensive holding on Spikes, Annnd Mayo....Annnd McCourty during the uptmost critical instances of down, drive, and yardage- If any of these guys actually touched a Ravens wideout during these critical calls, one could at LEAST make some sort of an argument that the calls were justified in some way.  I despise the notion of overly whining team fans half-blind on Penalties they either liked (for their team), or didn't like (against their team)...  But again, at least just HUMOR me by making calls wherein someone on NE's D, actually TOUCHED the player in question, o.k.?  I don't mind being lied to, I simply don't want to be so bad, that I'm actually insulted by how the game's called. 

1 more Q to ask...  Roger Goodell apparently apologized for this Regular Pro Ref extended contract holdout.  How many times does this make for Goodell in issuing league-wide Apologies towards NFL Fans.  Let's see:  1 here, based on the fact that Goodell didn't think it frugal enough to pay Qualified professional Officials an average worker's salary...in a hundreds of billions of dollars Pro game played by people making 100's of thousands to millions, and owned by multi-billionaires straight across the board.  Next, was an apology based on the player holdout wherein they brutally held the league hostage, all in the abhorant name of securing 49% of the revenue (but not stadium profits, individual ownership deals with the localities, and merchandise...just 49% of almost "most" of the revenue).  Apology for thattt...  Has Goodell yet to issue any sort of apology thus far, in his power-mongering of deciding who gets fined, and how much, based on some kind've "Objectively-derived" league office decision, which equates player fines and the amount through a secret formula that might as well be based on the Lunar Calender, and what Goodell's favorite of the day is during the levying of these fines (I know d#mn well, that they have nothing whatsoever to do with actual penalties on the field...I'm not even sure they're based on actual events which occured on the field any longer).  <maybe he can wrap this particular mea culpa up in a lengthy statement wherein he discusses how much random fining is better is better for overall player health, over and above any sorta- oh idk- League mandated safer equipment changes...or even just the slightest move to entertain this as an option...even Once>  Not sure as well, whether or not Goodell has apologized for changing how the entire sport is called and played as well...  He!!, what'll Pro Officials bring back into the fray when noone on defense can actually touch a Quarterback (ever), only be able to place 1 pinky on a WR AFTER he's secured the ball fully in his grasp (remember if he bumps into you now when adjusting for a pass behind him, that's a penalty)...and I'm not so sure that you can hit a ball-carrier anywhere above the lower sternum and upper hip bones either. 

^ I'd like an apology for ALL'a this while he's apologizing for everything else he's gone to great ends in order to F- up, as well.  If there's anything left over at the end of the day, Goodell can explain some of significant differences between SpyGate's half mil fines, and 1st Rd pick negation, vs. Players being paid to injury other guys and this resulting in a 2nd Rd pick loss, vs finally Jets Coaches having their guys form a wall injuring Miami's gunner with a season ending injury, which inevitably resulted in a penalty of:  Offf...?  Of?  Of?  <to be handled and determined "in-house">  Lastly, I'd like the local Pats Games back that I now miss out on suddenly during Roger's reign at the top:  1, 2, and even 3 or more games (more & more & more) a year now suddenly, due to the fact that I only pay for Cable, and not 300 bucks+ more for NFL Gameday ticket.

Modern Day Pro Football under Goodell:  Officiated like the NBA...Power mongerers at the top scr#wing everything up in order to gain additional power & sway, like The NHL...and eeking every red cent out of you that they can for a now, MUCH lesser quality of sport, like Professional Boxing.  Good job Goodell...How you can continously scr#w up the most popular sport on earth, which was rising in popularity every year like a meteor...to THIS degree...in THIS short of a span- well, ya got some really dedicated talent fella.

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

The sorta "good" news is, that apparently actual Professional NFL Refs are coming back...  Still, It would've been nicer IF actually qualified Officials were on the field to this last game, to perhaps call maybe 1 holding penalty on the dozen or so instances that I saw alone in the 2nd half, where Pats D-Linemen were wrestled and tackled to the ground by Ravens O-Linemen on any (and seemingly every) pass play.  Orrr, maybe they might've not called Defensive holding on Spikes, Annnd Mayo....Annnd McCourty during the uptmost critical instances of down, drive, and yardage- If any of these guys actually touched a Ravens wideout during these critical calls, one could at LEAST make some sort of an argument that the calls were justified in some way.  I despise the notion of overly whining team fans half-blind on Penalties they either liked (for their team), or didn't like (against their team)...  But again, at least just HUMOR me by making calls wherein someone on NE's D, actually TOUCHED the player in question, o.k.?  I don't mind being lied to, I simply don't want to be so bad, that I'm actually insulted by how the game's called. 

1 more Q to ask...  Roger Goodell apparently apologized for this Regular Pro Ref extended contract holdout.  How many times does this make for Goodell in issuing league-wide Apologies towards NFL Fans.  Let's see:  1 here, based on the fact that Goodell didn't think it frugal enough to pay Qualified professional Officials an average worker's salary...in a hundreds of billions of dollars Pro game played by people making 100's of thousands to millions, and owned by multi-billionaires straight across the board.  Next, was an apology based on the player holdout wherein they brutally held the league hostage, all in the abhorant name of securing 49% of the revenue (but not stadium profits, individual ownership deals with the localities, and merchandise...just 49% of almost "most" of the revenue).  Apology for thattt...  Has Goodell yet to issue any sort of apology thus far, in his power-mongering of deciding who gets fined, and how much, based on some kind've "Objectively-derived" league office decision, which equates player fines and the amount through a secret formula that might as well be based on the Lunar Calender, and what Goodell's favorite of the day is during the levying of these fines (I know d#mn well, that they have nothing whatsoever to do with actual penalties on the field...I'm not even sure they're based on actual events which occured on the field any longer).  <maybe he can wrap this particular mea culpa up in a lengthy statement wherein he discusses how much random fining is better is better for overall player health, over and above any sorta- oh idk- League mandated safer equipment changes...or even just the slightest move to entertain this as an option...even Once>  Not sure as well, whether or not Goodell has apologized for changing how the entire sport is called and played as well...  He!!, what'll Pro Officials bring back into the fray when noone on defense can actually touch a Quarterback (ever), only be able to place 1 pinky on a WR AFTER he's secured the ball fully in his grasp (remember if he bumps into you now when adjusting for a pass behind him, that's a penalty)...and I'm not so sure that you can hit a ball-carrier anywhere above the lower sternum and upper hip bones either. 

^ I'd like an apology for ALL'a this while he's apologizing for everything else he's gone to great ends in order to F- up, as well.  If there's anything left over at the end of the day, Goodell can explain some of significant differences between SpyGate's half mil fines, and 1st Rd pick negation, vs. Players being paid to injury other guys and this resulting in a 2nd Rd pick loss, vs finally Jets Coaches having their guys form a wall injuring Miami's gunner with a season ending injury, which inevitably resulted in a penalty of:  Offf...?  Of?  Of?  <to be handled and determined "in-house">  Lastly, I'd like the local Pats Games back that I now miss out on suddenly during Roger's reign at the top:  1, 2, and even 3 or more games (more & more & more) a year now suddenly, due to the fact that I only pay for Cable, and not 300 bucks+ more for NFL Gameday ticket.

Modern Day Pro Football under Goodell:  Officiated like the NBA...Power mongerers at the top scr#wing everything up in order to gain additional power & sway, like The NHL...and eeking every red cent out of you that they can for a now, MUCH lesser quality of sport, like Professional Boxing.  Good job Goodell...How you can continously scr#w up the most popular sport on earth, which was rising in popularity every year like a meteor...to THIS degree...in THIS short of a span- well, ya got some really dedicated talent fella.

WELL SAID

• Sections
    Shortcuts