Belichick says win over Jets was '"A big positive!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Belichick says win over Jets was '

Of course it's positive when you win and you should have lost because your GM is so incompetent he has left your HOF QB with weapons that are so terrible they don't even belong in the NFL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Edelman, the marginal backup, is looking like a HOFer compared to BB's brilliant rookie answers at WR. If it wasn't so tragic, it would be hilarious. Yet the clueless will try to spin a different bottom line than the obvious one. LMAO Now, that part of this is funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Of course it's positive when you win and you should have lost because your GM is so incompetent he has left your HOF QB with weapons that are so terrible they don't even belong in the NFL.

Really Babe?  You post the same thing over and over again.  You're great for this forum but stop with the hate man.  

Your feelings are out there.  You have expressed them.  Now try and hope for the best and enjoy the show.

They have 10 days of solid practice and rest ahead with 2 wins under their belts.  There is plenty of game tape over the last 2 weeks to go over, and now let's hope the young receivers get more acquainted with what's going on.  These two weeks of film will show how EASILY these WRs got seperation.  Now they have to clean up their route running and get  their timing down with TB.  

Even if it's baby steps, things are actually going well.  They have 2 wins while teaching young receivers the ropes.  This is the best outcome during 2 weeks of this young groups growing pains.  The Pats best WR options is out, and their star TE(s) is out or no longer on the team.  Yet the Pats have 2 wins.  This team is growing with all their young talent, and in time our best players will be joining.  

Hopefully the injuries get out of the way and they hit their stride late into the season to get ready for the playoffs.

Then that leaves the progressions of our improving defense and hopefully they dial up more schemes to increase their success.  

There is many things to be happy about - even if there are areas that do needed to be improved upon.  

I don't think I am homer with this assessment at all.  I may be glass half full versus empty (Like yourself and most other posters), but with 2 wins and Tampa up next I don't think I'm BSing here at all.  The true test regardless of win or lose will be Atlanta, which will take us a quarter through the season as well.  On the road against a high power offense will show us a lot about this team - at least this game will give us an idea of where the Pats stand for early season consideration.  

I dunno, man.  I like what I've seen from a talent stand point.  They just have to make it come together is all, IMHO.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Edelman, the marginal backup, is looking like a HOFer compared to BB's brilliant rookie answers at WR. If it wasn't so tragic, it would be hilarious. Yet the clueless will try to spin a different bottom line than the obvious one. LMAO Now, that part of this is funny.

Damn, you are just ReverseRusty.  Same dogma, mirror image.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

[QUOTE]

Damn, you are just ReverseRusty.  Same dogma, mirror image.  

[/QUOTE]

He's becoming repetitive with it as I alluded to in my post above.  I don't understand why fans cannot enjoy a winning team even thought it's not perfect.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Almost as a rule, Bill Belichick teams don't play as well in September as they do in December.  Over the past 12 years this trend has tended to continue into January, despite the fact that the quality of competition increases considerably in January. I think that it's because BB believes in a yearly youth movement. 

This September,  BB has an extreme pile of rookies starting or seeing significant time at the skill positions: KT, Suds, Dobson, Boyce.  That's quite a group even for a Belichick team.  He also has a rookie punter who kicked one 19 yarder but was consistent over 11 punts on Thursday, rookie Duron Harmon fills in on defense in the backfield, rookie Buchanan has gotten a sack already and Joe Vellano is right behind Vince Wilfork . 

BB is thanking the football gods that he has ten days to clear up maybe 20% of the many rookie mistakes now on film.  Humble pie is being served smorgasbord-style this week.

Two division wins in September are good for the Patriots, because they're hoping to straighten up, fly right and run the table in December.    Given all of their temporary absences, especially Gronk and Danny Amendola, plus all of those rooks, they have every reason to get better as the season progresses, but my hard numbers don't forecast future injury recoveries.  Counting the Thursday game, I give the Patriots a power rating of 10.3 -- they're playing a little better than a 10-6 team.     I give them 8 points versus Tampa Bay next week.  At Atlanta in week 4 I have them as 4.1 point underdogs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Really Babe?  You post the same thing over and over again.  You're great for this forum but stop with the hate man.  

[/QUOTE]

I have no hate. Leaving the team in this sort of dire straight is incompetence. Is every move incompetent? No. But the current situation is inexcusable.

I'll tell you what, you get the homers to stop repeating that every little thing is rosy, and I'll stop pointing out how that is pure BS. Fair enough?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Well . . .  if we're going to be buttressing our arguments by simply repeating ourselves, I'll join in:

Three days rest.

Almost no practice.

limited roster.

Horrible game conditions.

Division win.

Very, very big positive.

Yes.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

I'll second that feeling.  It was ugly, it was messy, it was frustrating, it was great!  The best part is that the defense did a great job and allowed our new receivers the opportunity to gain experience without the pressure of having to do well.  What more could you ask for?  I expect these guys to show continuing improvement, as we move along.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no hate. Leaving the team in this sort of dire straight is incompetence. Is every move incompetent? No. But the current situation is inexcusable.

I'll tell you what, you get the homers to stop repeating that every little thing is rosy, and I'll stop pointing out how that is pure BS. Fair enough?

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have homers around spreading hope rather than dispair.  It's annoying to see all the downers.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think there is a significant difference between how most of the more positive posters present their opinions and how you present yours.  I, along with most others, I would say, are not suggesting that the rookie receivers don't have issues to overcome.  We see them as showing some signs of hope for our team while acknowledging their shortcomings.  You, on the other hand, simply write them off as utter failures and say that there is no hope for improvement. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to jozee76's comment:

[QUOTE]

Positive? Really, really? Ok, they won, and yes that is VERY positive. But, HOW they won is entirely another story.  For 8 years, Bill (The GM) has made such poor personnel decisions it's not close to being funny. Now they've honestly left TB with 1 option to throw too.  Just 1!!!!!!!!!!  I'm sure it get's better from here. (It has too!) But last week was anything but "A big positive!" Positive? Really, really?

They won, they didn't turn the ball over, none of the skill guys got injured, the rookies got more experience, the defense got four turnovers, only allowed 10 points. Aside from low fantasy football numbers it was an almost perfect game! I think almost perfect IS a positive.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  It was an ugly game, but they did win a close game.  At least the receivers were open on many plays and they can only get better.  We have one more game against an average team in Tampa and then will come the first big test with Atlanta.  Hopefully Gronk and Amendola will be back by then.  I think by December this receiving group, if all healthy, will be better than last year with more options.  Keep,the faith Pats fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think there is a significant difference between how most of the more positive posters present their opinions and how you present yours.  I, along with most others, I would say, are not suggesting that the rookie receivers don't have issues to overcome.  We see them as showing some signs of hope for our team while acknowledging their shortcomings.  You, on the other hand, simply write them off as utter failures and say that there is no hope for improvement. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

I tried saying it myself but you did a better job of it, thanks.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

I tried saying it myself but you did a better job of it, thanks.  

[/QUOTE]

I just hate that "Babe" took the name of one of my favorite players and spouts the kind of invective against the team that he does.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I guess those of us who want to be positive are just too stupid to realize that the Pats have to get better if they want to win the SB. I for one couldn't see that without their keen observations. And I guess BB should go on trial right after AH, And the audacity that Gronk got hurt. And those rookies should be released so that we can go get all of those all pros that are there just waiting to be signed. I mean no other team has any problems. And like last year the Ravens were the odds on favorite to win the SB. especially when they looked so good in losing to the Donnkees at home last yr. We should realize that it is just impossible for the Pats to win the SB. so thank you For being so realistic and trying to save us from ourselves. Thank you!

Yep! I am so glad we have someone to point this out to  us. 

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have homers around spreading hope rather than dispair.  It's annoying to see all the downers.  

[/QUOTE]

To you. Many here obviously like sober assessment and just don't get off on kidding themselves.

Ever notice how the realists don't demand the homers stop because it is annoying to them? That's because the realists are comfortable in the knowledge that they are right and don't need any artificial props to support their bubble of delusion like the homers.

Instead of just bemoaning the Debbie Downers why not show with facts of how they are wrong?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I just hate that "Babe" took the name of one of my favorite players and spouts the kind of invective against the team that he does.

Life sucks and then you die, eh?

It's a tribute name. It's me saluting Babe. It has nothing to do with what my views of the team are. You act as if I want BB to do all the colossally stupid things he does as GM.

If the truth is invective, then so be it. It isn't to me, and many others here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

To you. Many here obviously like sober assessment and just don't get off on kidding themselves.

Ever notice how the realists don't demand the homers stop because it is annoying to them? That's because the realists are comfortable in the knowledge that they are right and don't need any artificial props to support their bubble of delusion like the homers.

Instead of just bemoaning the Debbie Downers why not show with facts of how they are wrong?

Are you freaking serious.  The only facts there is the record, which is 2 - 0.  The rest is up for debate.  Winning is winning.  

realists?  Who is a realist, because I absolutely consider myself to be one.  

I knew there would be growing pains for rookie WR's in the Patriot system.  Or anyother for that matter.  That's what most realistic people should anticipate.  I also see their potential to grow into difference makers as they have flashed great play making ability.  

Just a matter of time before it all comes together.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

Life sucks and then you die, eh?

It's a tribute name. It's me saluting Babe. It has nothing to do with what my views of the team are. You act as if I want BB to do all the colossally stupid things he does as GM.

If the truth is invective, then so be it. It isn't to me, and many others here.

[/QUOTE]

My, someone here is just a little self-absorbed, isn't he?  Is it hard knowing that you have all of the answers, but lacking any of the wisdom necessary to realize that you don't?   

Sections
Shortcuts