Belichick should learn from Pete Carroll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Belichick should learn from Pete Carroll

Watching the Seahawks play is a remarkable thing. 

Amazing hard hitting defense.  Full of undrafted and 4th, 5th, 6th round draft picks. Superb corners and safeties.  Anybody still want to say McCourty is an elite safety?  Look at Seattle if you want elite safeties.

Seahawks Defense made more plays in todays SB than the Patriots Defense has done in the pay 5 playoffs combined.  

It is sad to see how superior the Seahawks roster is when compared to the Patriots roster. Better DL, DE's, LB's,  Safeties and Cornerbacks.  

I do not really see how we can ever have anything close to what the Seahawks have.  Belichick has proven to be incompetent when it comes to building a great defense.  Again, how it is even possible that the Patriots have not drafted an elite pass rusher, cornerback or safety in almost 10 years!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Re: Belichick should learn from Pete Carroll

exactly!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amazing hard hitting defense.  Full of undrafted and 4th, 5th, 6th round draft picks. Superb corners and safeties.  Anybody still want to say McCourty is an elite safety?  Look at Seattle if you want elite safeties.

Seahawks Defense made more plays in todays SB than the Patriots Defense has done in the pay 5 playoffs combined.  

It is sad to see how superior the Seahawks roster is when compared to the Patriots roster. Better DL, DE's, LB's,  Safeties and Cornerbacks.  

I do not really see how we can ever have anything close to what the Seahawks have.  Belichick has proven to be incompetent when it comes to building a great defense.  Again, how it is even possible that the Patriots have not drafted an elite pass rusher, cornerback or safety in almost 10 years!

1) Pete Carroll does deserve creidt for building this team. He used his time USC well to scout talent, draft it and motivate it. He has really come along way from his humiliating experiences as Jets head coach. 

2) There are 32 teams in this  league. Seattle has the best defense but ours has improved enormously through the draft despite drafting toward the bottom everyone year. Everyone knows we lost our key guys and with those guys w'ed  bee even better. It is completely unfair to berate what the team has achieved. Calling BB incompetent is arrogant, entitled and uninformed. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1) Pete Carroll does deserve creidt for building this team. He used his time USC well to scout talent, draft it and motivate it. He has really come along way from his humiliating experiences as Jets head coach. 

2) There are 32 teams in this  league. Seattle has the best defense but ours has improved enormously through the draft despite drafting toward the bottom everyone year. Everyone knows we lost our key guys and with those guys w'ed  bee even better. It is completely unfair to berate what the team has achieved. Calling BB incompetent is arrogant, entitled and uninformed. 

[/QUOTE]

He has done a terrible job drafting at key positions.

Do you realize he has not drafted an elite WR, Safety, Cornerback and Passrusher in 10 years?

Compare our defense to the 49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals defense? Even with a healthy Talib, the Pats arent close to them.

We lack Safeties and CBs. McCourty is average.  Gregory is terrible.

Belichick does not have an eye for talent at those positions. Pete Carroll does. That is the truth!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has done a terrible job drafting at key positions.

Do you realize he has not drafted an elite WR, Safety, Cornerback and Passrusher in 10 years?

Compare our defense to the 49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals defense? Even with a healthy Talib, the Pats arent close to them.

We lack Safeties and CBs. McCourty is average.  Gregory is terrible.

Belichick does not have an eye for talent at those positions. Pete Carroll does. That is the truth!

[/QUOTE]

I don't follow Seattle that closely. How much is Carrol involved with the drafting?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Please come back after Pete has been to 7 Super Bowls. And you know what if there is anything to learn from Pete Carroll BB would be the one to pick it up. Some how though I don't think this is the case.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Carroll does not do the drafting.  John Schneider is Seattle's GM and does the drafting.  In point of fact if you were actually watching the game yesterday Schneider was getting multiple kudos from Buck and Aikman on the drafting job that he did.

Now with respect to BB, it really is rather tiresome to read in this forum what a terrible job he's done in the draft.  My question for anyone and everyong dumping on BB for his drafting:

compared to?????  Absent context you haven't the remotest clue how well BB does in the draft.  And please, don't cherry pick players who haven't cut it; every team has those.  Post some coomparisons to other teams. And don't cherry pick.  Would you characterize Ted Williams as a terrible hitter in 1941 because he only got a hit in 40.6% of his at bats? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Who ever is drafting, trading and signing players good for them. Seattle has built themselves one heck of a football team. Carroll still has to coach em' up, and I have never been a fan, but he has his ring now so kudos to him as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Carroll does not do the drafting.  John Schneider is Seattle's GM and does the drafting.  In point of fact if you were actually watching the game yesterday Schneider was getting multiple kudos from Buck and Aikman on the drafting job that he did.

Now with respect to BB, it really is rather tiresome to read in this forum what a terrible job he's done in the draft.  My question for anyone and everyong dumping on BB for his drafting:

compared to?????  Absent context you haven't the remotest clue how well BB does in the draft.  And please, don't cherry pick players who haven't cut it; every team has those.  Post some coomparisons to other teams. And don't cherry pick.  Would you characterize Ted Williams as a terrible hitter in 1941 because he only got a hit in 40.6% of his at bats? 

[/QUOTE]

two words, Rasi dowling.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The most disrespectful thing I've ever read.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

[QUOTE]

Umm, Pete Carroll did not want Russell Wilson. FACT

Source: Greg Bedard

John Schneider is their GM, moron.

MORON

Learn the facts. Those players were not drafted by Pete Carroll.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever. Then Schneider is a better GM than BB. Fact is, Seattle has built a young, deep and talented team. And, they didn't do it exclusively by filling it out with high first round picks. Look at their defense. Full of good FA signing, 1st rounders and late rounders. It's fast, athletic and physical. I could say bb has a thing or two to learn from how Schneider and caroll constructed that defense. 

Now I really don't think Schneider is a better GM than bb. I am being provocative for a reason. Surely even the "best GM of all time" can continue to learn from others? being the best doesn't mean you have it all figured out and can't learn from others. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

MORON

[/QUOTE]

Whatever. Then Schneider is a better GM than BB. Fact is, Seattle has built a young, deep and talented team. And, they didn't do it exclusively by filling it out with high first round picks. Look at their defense. Full of good FA signing, 1st rounders and late rounders. It's fast, athletic and physical. I could say bb has a thing or two to learn from how Schneider and caroll constructed that defense. 

[/QUOTE]

Sure was fun watching an aggressive defense wasn't it ??   but the key i believe was the d line and an occasional lb coming on a blitz.  M Patricia and bb Must grasp that pressure results in great defense. I think Patricia sucks but may be wrong.  Set the edge my azz ..get to the qb and make him uncomfortable.  db's need to get close to the wr's and learn to see the ball.   If your going to lose in big games, lose not giving up 400 passing yards to and old man.

I am an avid pats fan, but have to admit VW is only a run stuffer most of the the time .. Kelly is usually a pocket pusher but is getting older. c jones is already very good and should get better. R Ninck is a good reserve that may make an occasional play but most time is stalled on the line just look at games against good Teams.  Speed is needed badly .The old days are gone.

Lb's are in much better shape in areas do speed and coverage .

db's are better L Ryan can def play .  Like Talib but he sure is a tough call don't know how he deals with pain.  arringtone is a slot db only he absolutely sucks on outside. Den nadir is good May be too short to handle full time (you decide)  need bigger DBS is my opinion.

Anyone ask why Dmc has regressed after a super rookie season.. He just doesn't see the ball like he did and watches the play instead of reacting.  Harmon I believe  needs to play.  28 is so damn bad please go away   

This is opinion and I'll stand by it... One thing I would like to know is the soft defense Patricia's idea because that's what he believes of it the players that make him gameplan like we see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Schneider has done a great job drafting and Carroll has done great COACHING.  But really your going to compare them to BB, it's an absurd comparison.  Lets see where they are 10 yrs from now.  Sure BB has had swings in misses in the draft as all GM's do even Seattle.  Remember this is the same team that traded for Charlie Whitehurst to be their starter. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

two words, Rasi dowling.

[/QUOTE]

Exquisite, I mean truly exquisite, cherry pick.  Actually one of the most classic I've seen.  Any other pearls to offer?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

two words, Rasi dowling.

[/QUOTE]

I still would have liked to see Pats take Clay Mathews instead of trading the pick. He is they type of player an entire defense can feed off his play and enthusiasm. He is a difference maker and a game changer. Collins looks to be a gem though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

two words, Rasi dowling.

[/QUOTE]

Exquisite, I mean truly exquisite, cherry pick.  Actually one of the most classic I've seen.  Any other pearls to offer?

[/QUOTE]

The list of bad picks is as long as your arm. No need to cherry pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I watched that game and just marveled at how the offensive coordinator,defensive coordinator and the special teams coordinator went about their business totally destroying the denver bronco frauds. All I took from Pete Carroll was that he was nothing more than a cheerleader period. just my humble opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

two words, Rasi dowling.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The list of bad picks is as long as your arm. No need to cherry pick.

[/QUOTE]

And, Babe, my friend, how does that compare with the rest of the league (he reiterated)?  You young guys, no sense of context ;-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ive been saying it. When I said that BB should consult with Petey 2 years ago to build his secondary...all I heard was, but they S*cked and got a bunch of 1st rd pics...blah, blah, blah, but we have same amount 1st rounders in our secondary than they do. One free safety. McCourty is a converted CB. Earl is a real first round safety that changes games. Can hit like a brick and cover the whole field. Our guy prevents the big play but cant cover TEs. Atleast we know BB came up with that Chitty gameplan...he wanted NO parts of Carroll and the legion of Boom. Saved himself the embarresment.

How bout that Petey!  Will NEVER win in this league....Right Rusty??  LMAO!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The most disrespectful thing I've ever read.

[/QUOTE]

Do you even realize that Belichick has not drafted an elite  WR, SS, FS, CB, Pass Rusher in 10 years?

Think about how hard that is to accomplish. Even if someone was drafting random players and knew nothing about football, I bet they would at least get lucky on one of those positions. 

That is why he got desperate in 2012 and went after Talib.  You see what this defense is without a decent CB. We have not had elite safety since Harrison. Where is the pass rush?  Patriots D did not put a finger on Manning all game! Don't get me started about the Patriots WR's. It is bottom 5 NFL group in terms of skill and talent. 

The Seahawks Defense made more plays against the best offense of all time than the Patriots Defense  has done in the past 5 playoffs combined. 

...........but I get people here will be cheering on BB in the draft when he once again goes after "value" and drafts another bunch of useles players like Tavon Wilson Dowling and brings in more useless over the hill veterans like Adrian Wilson 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

MORON

[/QUOTE]

Here you go with the hate. All you have to do is look at the size of the CBs and see Carrolls prints all over it. He has always liked BIG CBs. You said you would eat crow if Carroll won so gets to grubbing and stop yapping. Youve done THAT all year. Its time to EAT loser.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If the Seahawks have winning seasons for another 10 years, make the playoffs nearly every one of them, make it to several more SB's........then I'll agree..........that Carroll is as good as BB.  I won't agree until then.  For all we know they'll be perennial losers in 4 years.  

BB is the greatest coach/gm in the business.  Show me one team in the salary cap era that has done as well for so long.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts