1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Belichick should learn from Pete Carroll

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watching the Seahawks play is a remarkable thing. 

Amazing hard hitting defense.  Full of undrafted and 4th, 5th, 6th round draft picks. Superb corners and safeties.  Anybody still want to say McCourty is an elite safety?  Look at Seattle if you want elite safeties.

Seahawks Defense made more plays in todays SB than the Patriots Defense has done in the pay 5 playoffs combined.  

It is sad to see how superior the Seahawks roster is when compared to the Patriots roster. Better DL, DE's, LB's,  Safeties and Cornerbacks.  

I do not really see how we can ever have anything close to what the Seahawks have.  Belichick has proven to be incompetent when it comes to building a great defense.  Again, how it is even possible that the Patriots have not drafted an elite pass rusher, cornerback or safety in almost 10 years!

[/QUOTE]

Umm, Pete Carroll did not want Russell Wilson. FACT

Source: Greg Bedard

John Schneider is their GM, moron.

MORON

Learn the facts. Those players were not drafted by Pete Carroll.

[/QUOTE]

Before you go off calling others a moron, perhaps you may want to more thoroughly verify your FACTS.  I refer you to Pete Carroll's interview following the Super Bowl.  I cannot recall which network it was, I'm thinking ESPN because Steve Young was a member of the panel.  Highlights of the interview included Carroll elaborating on how, after initially meeting Wilson, he was impressed by the manner in which Wilson carried himself and his confident air, enough so that he went back and further reviewed Wilson's performance at Wisconsin.  After which, in spite of Wilson's 5'11" height, which most 'experts' felt was detrimental, Carroll saw the potential and was fully on board with picking him in the 3rd round in 2012.  Carroll interspersed his remarks with some interesting anecdotes from his contacts with Wilson prior to the 2012 draft that would seem to refute entirely your claim that, "Umm, Pete Carroll did not want Russell Wilson. FACT." 

[/QUOTE]

Wow,...so Rusty lied ....again?  Cant say that Im surprised....I was just gonna take his word for it since it was a weak angle anyway but jeeesh, more lies from the village idiot...  good thing for the interwebs....lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

A question for those who are laughing at this notion. Do you honestly believe that there is nothing BB can learn from a coach who just embarrashed the team who two weeks ago embarrashed you and who you most likely will see again next year?

Think about that statement for a second and give me an honest answer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A question for those who are laughing at this notion. Do you honestly believe that there is nothing BB can learn from a coach who just embarrashed the team who two weeks ago embarrashed you and who you most likely will see again next year?

[/QUOTE]

Well I know he can teach him NOT to use the same O Coordinator who couldnt win a big game with the best offense ever. Its really never going to work as long as we are an offensive team. Our issues are more an issue than some want to admit. Not only are we are a passing team ,we dont have nearly the amount of talent on offense that Denver did and yet folks Want Brady to win it all with that no talented offense.,,,Our D is not even close to being the level of a seattle with 4 legit pass rushers. A FS and SS who could have been DPOY. Linebackers who are fast and can cover. So we are in trouble. Brady is NOT gonna beat Seattly or San Fran with rinky Dink recievers and BB wont pay money for a top back so we will always go away from the run when its stuffed and put it on # 12 which aint gonna happen with 2nd class WRs and ONE good Tight end who is always hurt. Time to start trading away offense for Defense. I would trade Gronk and go all D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

History tells us that BB is one of the better students of the game and routinely confers with other coaching professionals.  Of course he can.  But the original statement 'Belichick should learn from Pete Carroll' was based on a faulty premise - that Carroll did the drafting and FA signing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Carroll schooled not only BB and mcD but every stuck-on-themselves coach on the league.

Did you see the innovation on both sides of the ball?

Offense(as predicted) attacked the outside and got Denver's fat guys running around.  Direct handoff to Percy harvin, while knighton was just standing there bewildered... Lol. 

Defense you saw DLs dropping into zone coverage clogging up the crossing routes.  belichick should have thought of this and mixed in some zone coverage with his dbs getting toated in man.

Overall it was the kind of game plan that patriots needed but don't have the ability.

[/QUOTE]

I said before the game that they would run a reverse with Harvin to stop the flowing backers. When we played and ran w/Blount, all 3 of denvers backers were flowing to the ball and we NEVER ran a reverse!  Thats simple adjustments and joshy s*cks in big games and BB watches and doenst make D adjustments either. Just sit back with a 4 man rush and get picked apart. Seattle made Denvers offense look pedestrian by setting the tone and not sitting back and let Manning dictate. I didnt hear any Omaha, just backs cracking. Kam set the tone. Cant ask our converted CBs who play safety to do that....they would injure themselves. Seattle has backers like KJ and Wagner who are fast AND can cover. Our D is a long ways away from that. its not even set up to attack. Just sit back and give up 1st down after 1st down.

[/QUOTE]

Right.  The reverse should be a staple of every game plan... But mcD hasn't called one .  Dumb.  Direct handoff to harvin is just getting a fast guy out to the outside.  Great play.  Shows creativity.  Forces Denver to spread out, and loosen up. .

totally schooled mcD.  Duhhh...  Oh that's what a creative offense looks like.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

History tells us that BB is one of the better students of the game and routinely confers with other coaching professionals.  Of course he can.  But the original statement 'Belichick should learn from Pete Carroll' was based on a faulty premise - that Carroll did the drafting and FA signing.

[/QUOTE]

That I agree on, BB can learn from Sea's GM in that regard. But, the more aggressive style of D from Carroll I do think BB can learn from. Do you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That I agree on, BB can learn from Sea's GM in that regard. But, the more aggressive style of D from Carroll I do think BB can learn from. Do you?

[/QUOTE]

Short answer:  of course.  But I think it's a broader question here.  And this relates to a comment I either made earlier in this thread or in another one today.  We see these kinds of comments all the time about copying some other D or O that has been successful.  I call it the 'silver bauble'.  BB's philosopy is 'read & react'; Carroll's is aggressive.  Carroll's defensive philosophy is no different in Seattle than it was in New England or New York.  The difference I would attribute to two factors:  Carroll's maturation as an NFL HC and to personnel.  Simply because Carroll and the team that Schneider builts won a SB this year doesn't mean that that only way to win is to subscribe to their approach.

And, by the way, I've seen BB coach aggressive D here in New England and, like all of BB's coaching, is situational.  When the situation calls for it, he is whatever he needs to be.

Finally, I find it odd that anyone would question BB's coaching when most seem to believe that this has been one of BB's best coaching years ever.

My perspective.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Short answer:  of course.  But I think it's a broader question here.  And this relates to a comment I either made earlier in this thread or in another one today.  We see these kinds of comments all the time about copying some other D or O that has been successful.  I call it the 'silver bauble'.  BB's philosopy is 'read & react'; Carroll's is aggressive.  Carroll's defensive philosophy is no different in Seattle than it was in New England or New York.  The difference I would attribute to two factors:  Carroll's maturation as an NFL HC and to personnel.  Simply because Carroll and the team that Schneider builts won a SB this year doesn't mean that that only way to win is to subscribe to their approach.

And, by the way, I've seen BB coach aggressive D here in New England and, like all of BB's coaching, is situational.  When the situation calls for it, he is whatever he needs to be.

Finally, I find it odd that anyone would question BB's coaching when most seem to believe that this has been one of BB's best coaching years ever.

My perspective.

[/QUOTE]

Oh he is one of the best ever but so was Lombardi and his style would fail horribly in todays NFL. With the new rule changes and the ever evolving nature of the NFL you need to adapt to keep up. There was a time when teams were trying to copy BB and setup 34's but recently they've moved back to 43's as the league has become more pass oriented. As such an aggressive D that causes turn overs has become more of a factor then bend but don't break. Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks, Giants all aggressive D's styles and non have had the QB that Brady is yet all have found some success. You give those D's with Brady as QB and is there any doubt we would win 1 SB in the last 5 years? Maybe he doesn't have the personal to run an aggressive style of D. But, wouldn't that be on the GM for not finding the right players or for finding players suited for an older system of player on changed rules? I agree there are more then 1 way to win but this past half a decade has shown time and time again passive D's lose and aggressive D's win in this new NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It does not matter really who specifically did the drafting - Carroll of Schneider. The point is there are lots to lear from Seattle's success.

Nobody says this, but that blowout was a reaaallly huge achievement for Seattle. Blowouts like that should not be happening anymore, given the salary cap, more equal access to resources and information (about tactics, preparation, etc.).

If you cannot appreicate that, at least ponder this.

That D practically shutdown what could possibly be the greatest offense of all time. Top 2 if you want to be a homer. Denver's D which beat up Pats' O, could not stop a Russell led O. Everyone raves about Seattle's D, but Russell made significant plays that had he not been able to complete, could have changed the psychology of the game. He would not ahve been successful in doing that had he been a pure pocket passer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think BB would be the first to admit that he learned something from watching Seattle's defense annihilate Peyton's offense.  However, I also think that BB, as well as many others, would recognize that Carroll's Seahawk defensive strategy is designed around and for their particular personnel.   Which begs the question as to whether BB will alter his 'draft' strategy to acquire the type of players necessary to implement Carroll's 'defense' approach.  

As a postscript, I might add that, given how long BB has been around football, there was probably little that he saw in the game, that he hadn't at some time seen before. But, notwithstanding, he will file away in the caverns of his brilliant mind every element that contributed to and allowed the Seattle defense to dominate the game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My perspective.

[/QUOTE]

Oh he is one of the best ever but so was Lombardi and his style would fail horribly in todays NFL. With the new rule changes and the ever evolving nature of the NFL you need to adapt to keep up. There was a time when teams were trying to copy BB and setup 34's but recently they've moved back to 43's as the league has become more pass oriented. As such an aggressive D that causes turn overs has become more of a factor then bend but don't break. Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks, Giants all aggressive D's styles and non have had the QB that Brady is yet all have found some success. You give those D's with Brady as QB and is there any doubt we would win 1 SB in the last 5 years? Maybe he doesn't have the personal to run an aggressive style of D. But, wouldn't that be on the GM for not finding the right players or for finding players suited for an older system of player on changed rules? I agree there are more then 1 way to win but this past half a decade has shown time and time again passive D's lose and aggressive D's win in this new NFL.

[/QUOTE]

We can make this circular and find a way to lay at BB's feet any and all non-SB winning years.  In much the same way neither Schneider, nor Carroll, nor the players get all the credit, it is neither BB's nor the team's sole 'fault' because there isn't a fourth Lombardi residing in Foxboro.

The way I see it, if BB sees that success resides in a change in defensive philosophy he will make the change.  It shouldn't be lost in this discussion that for the first quarter plus of the season, the Pats couldn't score on the little sisters of the poor and yet they were 4 and 1 in that stretch because the D surrendered less than 13 points a game.

Props to Seattle and Seattle's D.  I don't see the need to change the system simply because Seattle won with one that differs from the Pats.  And by the way, in the Pats last 2 Super Bowl appearances the Pats lost in the former because Asante Samuel dropped a sure interception and in the latter because Brady and Welker couldn't connect on a pass that would have iced a Pats victory.  That does not strike me as a system in need of radical change.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let me add.. I do find it laughable that after a couple very successful seasons in which Pete Carroll is the HC of the SB winning Seattle Seahawks one season, there are folks here who actually have an opinion BB can "learn" from Carroll?  Let's see how long this "Carroll" formula lasts.

[/QUOTE]

Very smart people have said you should never stop learning even the simpliest man can teach the most learned man if they are willing to listen. Thinking you're smarter than everyone else and not willing to learn from others successes and adapt them to your own leaves you in the past and makes you fail to move forward. BB can learn from Carroll because Carroll has had success in a consistently evolving league where BB has strangled at times. Doesn't mean he has to completely adopt his system just means he has to learn what methods appear to work best against similar opponents (such as the Bronco's who we will face again next year) and adapt his system to include those wrinkles. The wisest man is always learning from others who succeed and adapting their thinking only the fool sticks to one mindset and never changes because they feel they are superior.

[/QUOTE]

ummm... didn't BB have a defense back in those SB winning years, that, maybe not as dominating as this Seattle defense, had playmakers and leaders on it?

Were any of the players on the Seattle "name" players coming out of college, high draft picks etc that many here are expecting the Pats to go after this draft?  Seems to me the Seahawks struck gold by picking AND developing some good players who all peaked together at the right time.  If anything, the "lesson" some here want BB to learn is to go back to those days of a defense that attacked and was physical like those that were part of the SB winning teams.  For all we know, Carroll learned from BB and BB simply became too reliant on Brady to overcome defensive problems by leading the O to score.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I watched that game and just marveled at how the offensive coordinator,defensive coordinator and the special teams coordinator went about their business totally destroying the denver bronco frauds. All I took from Pete Carroll was that he was nothing more than a cheerleader period. just my humble opinion.

[/QUOTE]

He can do that when he has capable coordinators And doesn't have to spend every minute coaching his D in game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Thypical know nothing bandwagon fan thread. Pete Carroll was a failure as an NFL coach until this year. Typical of the morons here to jump on his 1 SB win as a reason to crown him the best head coach in history

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thypical know nothing bandwagon fan thread. Pete Carroll was a failure as an NFL coach until this year. Typical of the morons here to jump on his 1 SB win as a reason to crown him the best head coach in history

[/QUOTE]

Happens a lot, doesn't it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Happens a lot, doesn't it?

[/QUOTE]

Silver bauble syndrome.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Carroll does not do the drafting.  John Schneider is Seattle's GM and does the drafting.  In point of fact if you were actually watching the game yesterday Schneider was getting multiple kudos from Buck and Aikman on the drafting job that he did.

Now with respect to BB, it really is rather tiresome to read in this forum what a terrible job he's done in the draft.  My question for anyone and everyong dumping on BB for his drafting:

compared to?????  Absent context you haven't the remotest clue how well BB does in the draft.  And please, don't cherry pick players who haven't cut it; every team has those.  Post some coomparisons to other teams. And don't cherry pick.  Would you characterize Ted Williams as a terrible hitter in 1941 because he only got a hit in 40.6% of his at bats? 

[/QUOTE]

two words, Rasi dowling.

[/QUOTE]

Exquisite, I mean truly exquisite, cherry pick.  Actually one of the most classic I've seen.  Any other pearls to offer?

[/QUOTE]

The list of bad picks is as long as your arm. No need to cherry pick.

[/QUOTE]
    Why don't you just block him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I Do NOT know who drafted the players weather it was Pete or not.. IF IT WAS NOT HIM AND IT WAS HIS HAND PICKED GM , then i like how his drafts are going, the style of the picks. The althletes, raw ability, .  I like the way Carroll coaches up the players. I like the system they play, the attacking defense.. The relentless attacking. attack and attack i like.  I am only talking about this great D I SAW THAT NOBOBY WAS BEATING last night.  So who ever is doing the drafting in the pacific northwest is doing something right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What do you think he should learn from him? Not saying BB could never learn "anything" from anyone and in fact it has been written many times by those people that write about him that he often exchanges ideas with those whom he respects. ..and for all we know it was PC who took an extensive look at all the historical times BB has waged war with Peyton and learend some things from what BB has attempted in the past. I have no idea. Oh wait that can't be possible because PC just won a superbowl and that is what is freshest in everyones mind. Please.

So Exactly what? Not generally speaking but "exactly" what "exactly" should BB learn form Pete Carroll? Please enlighten us.

Let's take a look at the Seattle Defense...

Remove Richard Sherman from the game.

Remove Bobby Wagner from the game.

Remove the Superbowl MVP Malcolm Smith from the game.

Remove Tony McDaniel from the game and Remove Brandon Mebane from the game (or who ever their top two DTs are supposed to be)

Exactly how does that defense fair? Exactly?

Remove Percy Harvin from the game. (their best receiving weapon??)

Have either Golden Tate or Baldwin playing with a broken foot?

We can go on and on with this. Just the two linebackers alone and 20 tackles are off the board and needing to be replaced.

The MVP and Harvin out and 14 points are off the board. Harvin out and one less weapon to seriously have to gameplan for or worry about.

Not to mention, and this is the most critical thing. EVERY time ONE single piece of the puzzle changes in a system, on either side of the ball, it adversly affects the responsibilites and the quality of playing level of every other player in the system and the system as a whole. EVERY time you add multiples it degrades everyone and thing further.

If people want to go all oh we need to blitz and attack, etc. I suggest you go look up the large majority of history showing success vs failure vs manning doing that.

Should the Seahawks organization be applauded for a great year. Absolutely. They capitalized on a window. Great job by them.

But spare me what the Pats and BB should learn from them, yet. They were 7-9 two years ago. 7 wins. SEVEN! Was Seattle even in the NFCCG last year?

Now Seattle has an opportunity to show what they can do because now they will start to deal with players who got a ring and now just care about money. Now when R. Wilsons contract comes up they will have to pay him real money. Lucky for them he was not MVP. Now they will have to potentially deal with coaches and or personnell people leaving for advancement.

The Seawhawks did what they were suppose to do. Win the superbowl most thought they would win just about all season long. Great job!

...but please stop the madness with the BB or even Pats org needs to learn from Seattle. At least for now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

It took FOUR years for Carroll to get Seattle to this point.  Are you saying, as a Pats' fan, you are willing to wait FOUR years to allow BB to get the Pats to do what Seattle did in ONE playoff run this season?  To get what Seattle got means some lean years to have high picks.

[/QUOTE]

But their D wasn't built with all high picks. That is Rusty spin. Look where their D players were drafted. 

the only defensive players they drafted selected in round 1 were earl Thomas, Bruce Irvin. Everyone else they drafted were taken in rounds 2-7, with lots of solid picks in the 3-5 range like Sherman, chancellor, Bryant, etc. 

the lean years discussion holds no weight unless you count our last 6 or so of shoddy defenses. The pats have more 1st round picks on their starting D then Seattle does.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watching the Seahawks play is a remarkable thing. 

Amazing hard hitting defense.  Full of undrafted and 4th, 5th, 6th round draft picks. Superb corners and safeties.  Anybody still want to say McCourty is an elite safety?  Look at Seattle if you want elite safeties.

Seahawks Defense made more plays in todays SB than the Patriots Defense has done in the pay 5 playoffs combined.  

It is sad to see how superior the Seahawks roster is when compared to the Patriots roster. Better DL, DE's, LB's,  Safeties and Cornerbacks.  

I do not really see how we can ever have anything close to what the Seahawks have.  Belichick has proven to be incompetent when it comes to building a great defense.  Again, how it is even possible that the Patriots have not drafted an elite pass rusher, cornerback or safety in almost 10 years!

[/QUOTE]

Umm, Pete Carroll did not want Russell Wilson. FACT

Source: Greg Bedard

John Schneider is their GM, moron.

MORON

Learn the facts. Those players were not drafted by Pete Carroll.

[/QUOTE]

Here you go with the hate. All you have to do is look at the size of the CBs and see Carrolls prints all over it. He has always liked BIG CBs. You said you would eat crow if Carroll won so gets to grubbing and stop yapping. Youve done THAT all year. Its time to EAT loser.

[/QUOTE]

Are you dumb?  I just won my bet with wazzu. I knew the hype over denver's offense like ours is very easy to stop if you are healthy.  Seattle was healthy.  Big whoop. Carroll did not want wilson.  He is a dopey frontrunner who cheated at usc.  I am thrilled the nfc team beat denver. Thrilled!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you  are unraveling already....WHY are mentioning ALL over the board that Petey didnt want Wilson?? Who cares?? You sound desperate like a lil teenage girl....lol, Its embarrasing, Please stop.   I only care that Carrol WANTED SHerman, KAm, Browner,etc. THATS the reason for their success. IN a few years, they will have to pay Wilson and the D will start to crumble but for NOW, they are set up to be the next Dynasty. Im just giving props where I see fit. You are a hater and will NEVER give another team props. Scr*ew your bet, whats it got to do with YOU saying Carroll will never win?? You said last week you would eat crow but this sounds like more backpeddling and deflection in a girly fashion.   Pathetic man...

[/QUOTE]

I am mentioning it, because the moron kiddie with the Brady avatar who started this thread just watched Gomer break down in the ego ridden pass happy shotgun spread that I told you will never work.

Yet, Brady has been forcing it on this fanbase arrogantly so for YEARS AND YEARS acting like it works, too.

So, what is the difference?  

As with WIlson, I point that out because Carroll is just a dumb luck kind of moron. He cheated at USC as we know and then cupcaked into a good situation with John Schneider as GM. He did not want Wilson, but Schneider insisted.

Wilson had ZERO turnovers, moved the sticks methodically and wasn't in the shotgun all night.

Seattle had 29 rushes, 24 passes. That's called balance.

Wilson, for now, has no ego. He doesn't care about stats. He ran his offense and the rest is history.  Pete Carroll arrived in Seattle and actually thought Tavaris Jackson was going to be a franchise QB.

bahwhahah

awbahah

Pete Carroll is the guy that hooks up with that really hot girl and no one can ever figure out how or why.

I am unraveling? I am loving this!  I am undefeated with bets on this board, too.  Let me know when you'd like to wager, Shizzles.

Still want Brady to pass 45+ times in every game, huh? bawhhaa

[/QUOTE]

Tavaris Jackson first season with the Seahawks was this year. He was brought in as a cheap backup for Wilson. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Some of you homers are hilarious. Carroll went 3 years without a losing season for us with Bledsoe, and BB went 5-11 with that.

Now he comes back to the NFL and hoists a Lombardi in 4 years, and you still cling to the genius myth about BB's team building.

What the hell don't you understand about us not winning another SB with BB as GM? He is just another guy in that category. No genius, nothing special whatsoever. It will take a miracle to change this; like lucking out and getting a HOFer in the 6th round type of miracle. Maybe he will need two miracles.

It's over. Done. BB has officially squandered the Brady years with too many poor choices.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

What Seattle's defense proved yesterday is that the era of the immobile pocket passer is ending. Of course no one here will agree since we have an immobile pocket passer as our QB.

This is not a knock on Brady, it is an acknowledgement of the passing of an era that Brady is a part of.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But spare me what the Pats and BB should learn from them, yet. They were 7-9 two years ago. 7 wins. SEVEN! Was Seattle even in the NFCCG last year?

...but please stop the madness with the BB or even Pats org needs to learn from Seattle. At least for now.

[/QUOTE]

How many Pats fans are willing to endure such a season? I think an extremely small few who think they know better than BB about building a team.

As I said earlier, it all came together in this season for a Seattle team that is essentially the same team from the 2012 season. It takes a lot of twists and turns in a season for a team to navigate the land mines of injuries, bad or good calls, bounces of the ball and the like to make it to the SB and win that game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Carroll schooled not only BB and mcD but every stuck-on-themselves coach on the league.

Did you see the innovation on both sides of the ball?

Offense(as predicted) attacked the outside and got Denver's fat guys running around.  Direct handoff to Percy harvin, while knighton was just standing there bewildered... Lol. 

Defense you saw DLs dropping into zone coverage clogging up the crossing routes.  belichick should have thought of this and mixed in some zone coverage with his dbs getting toated in man.

Overall it was the kind of game plan that patriots needed but don't have the ability.

[/QUOTE]

I said before the game that they would run a reverse with Harvin to stop the flowing backers. When we played and ran w/Blount, all 3 of denvers backers were flowing to the ball and we NEVER ran a reverse!  Thats simple adjustments and joshy s*cks in big games and BB watches and doenst make D adjustments either. Just sit back with a 4 man rush and get picked apart. Seattle made Denvers offense look pedestrian by setting the tone and not sitting back and let Manning dictate. I didnt hear any Omaha, just backs cracking. Kam set the tone. Cant ask our converted CBs who play safety to do that....they would injure themselves. Seattle has backers like KJ and Wagner who are fast AND can cover. Our D is a long ways away from that. its not even set up to attack. Just sit back and give up 1st down after 1st down.

[/QUOTE]

Right.  The reverse should be a staple of every game plan... But mcD hasn't called one .  Dumb.  Direct handoff to harvin is just getting a fast guy out to the outside.  Great play.  Shows creativity.  Forces Denver to spread out, and loosen up. .

totally schooled mcD.  Duhhh...  Oh that's what a creative offense looks like.   

[/QUOTE]

The reverse has historically led to more loss of yards than it has gains. Even when it is successful it usually only works once.

Sections
Shortcuts