In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watching the Seahawks play is a remarkable thing. 

Amazing hard hitting defense.  Full of undrafted and 4th, 5th, 6th round draft picks. Superb corners and safeties.  Anybody still want to say McCourty is an elite safety?  Look at Seattle if you want elite safeties.

Seahawks Defense made more plays in todays SB than the Patriots Defense has done in the pay 5 playoffs combined.  

It is sad to see how superior the Seahawks roster is when compared to the Patriots roster. Better DL, DE's, LB's,  Safeties and Cornerbacks.  

I do not really see how we can ever have anything close to what the Seahawks have.  Belichick has proven to be incompetent when it comes to building a great defense.  Again, how it is even possible that the Patriots have not drafted an elite pass rusher, cornerback or safety in almost 10 years!

Umm, Pete Carroll did not want Russell Wilson. FACT

Source: Greg Bedard

John Schneider is their GM, moron.

MORON

Learn the facts. Those players were not drafted by Pete Carroll.

[/QUOTE]

Here you go with the hate. All you have to do is look at the size of the CBs and see Carrolls prints all over it. He has always liked BIG CBs. You said you would eat crow if Carroll won so gets to grubbing and stop yapping. Youve done THAT all year. Its time to EAT loser.

[/QUOTE]

Are you dumb?  I just won my bet with wazzu. I knew the hype over denver's offense like ours is very easy to stop if you are healthy.  Seattle was healthy.  Big whoop. Carroll did not want wilson.  He is a dopey frontrunner who cheated at usc.  I am thrilled the nfc team beat denver. Thrilled!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you  are unraveling already....WHY are mentioning ALL over the board that Petey didnt want Wilson?? Who cares?? You sound desperate like a lil teenage girl....lol, Its embarrasing, Please stop.   I only care that Carrol WANTED SHerman, KAm, Browner,etc. THATS the reason for their success. IN a few years, they will have to pay Wilson and the D will start to crumble but for NOW, they are set up to be the next Dynasty. Im just giving props where I see fit. You are a hater and will NEVER give another team props. Scr*ew your bet, whats it got to do with YOU saying Carroll will never win?? You said last week you would eat crow but this sounds like more backpeddling and deflection in a girly fashion.   Pathetic man...

[/QUOTE]

I am mentioning it, because the moron kiddie with the Brady avatar who started this thread just watched Gomer break down in the ego ridden pass happy shotgun spread that I told you will never work.

Yet, Brady has been forcing it on this fanbase arrogantly so for YEARS AND YEARS acting like it works, too.

So, what is the difference?  

As with WIlson, I point that out because Carroll is just a dumb luck kind of moron. He cheated at USC as we know and then cupcaked into a good situation with John Schneider as GM. He did not want Wilson, but Schneider insisted.

Wilson had ZERO turnovers, moved the sticks methodically and wasn't in the shotgun all night.

Seattle had 29 rushes, 24 passes. That's called balance.

Wilson, for now, has no ego. He doesn't care about stats. He ran his offense and the rest is history.  Pete Carroll arrived in Seattle and actually thought Tavaris Jackson was going to be a franchise QB.

bahwhahah

awbahah

Pete Carroll is the guy that hooks up with that really hot girl and no one can ever figure out how or why.

I am unraveling? I am loving this!  I am undefeated with bets on this board, too.  Let me know when you'd like to wager, Shizzles.

Still want Brady to pass 45+ times in every game, huh? bawhhaa

[/QUOTE]

Tavaris Jackson first season with the Seahawks was this year. He was brought in as a cheap backup for Wilson. 

[/QUOTE]

Wow, How many lies are you up to now Rusty?  You are at 4 and counting so far and I havent even ate lunch yet.....smh and lol at you. FULL MELTDOWN MODE...All because your little fingers cant type the simple phrase "I was wrong"  I dont place bets with idiots online who never tell the truth. I would assume you would never fess up and therefore NEVER pay. NOw tell me please what your bs wagers have to do with anything? You predicted a seattle win?? The same guy who also said  "Petey will NEVER WIN IN THIS LEAGUE" sounds ingenious to me. You cant stand that Petey Frueeeeking Carrol won a SB in a 4 year span while BB fumbled around taking 8 years to make his D competent.....lol

Give up Man! Tap Out!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Belichick should learn from Pete Carroll

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Some of you homers are hilarious. Carroll went 3 years without a losing season for us with Bledsoe, and BB went 5-11 with that.

Yeah and progressively got worse EVERY single year he was here with Drew Bledsoe.

You are a Fruad who tries to paint things only how you want with the way you diseminate information.

Pete Carroll as Pats coach

10-6

9-7

8-8

Now he comes back to the NFL and hoists a Lombardi in 4 years, and you still cling to the genius myth about BB's team building.

BB came to the Pats took over a 500 team that had gotten progressively worse of three years of Pete Carroll, Took a step back to completely change everything about the team and then hoisted the Lombardi in his 2nd season. Oh yeah 2 years SOONER than Pete Carroll.

What the hell don't you understand about us not winning another SB with BB as GM? He is just another guy in that category. No genius, nothing special whatsoever. It will take a miracle to change this; like lucking out and getting a HOFer in the 6th round type of miracle. Maybe he will need two miracles.

It's over. Done. BB has officially squandered the Brady years with too many poor choices.

Here's the Biggest Fruadulent LIE going on these boards. That Babe actually likes and believs BB is a good coach. Oh sure he'll write it but if you ever read any junk he writes its very obvious he does not believe it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Have not followed them, but anybody know if John Schneider is a student of the BB School of Trading Down on draft day?  Or does he use his picks?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have not followed them, but anybody know if John Schneider is a student of the BB School of Trading Down on draft day?  Or does he use his picks?

[/QUOTE]

Usually: He uses his picks. Does not trade up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Seahawks have winning seasons for another 10 years, make the playoffs nearly every one of them, make it to several more SB's........then I'll agree..........that Carroll is as good as BB.  I won't agree until then.  For all we know they'll be perennial losers in 4 years.  

BB is the greatest coach/gm in the business.  Show me one team in the salary cap era that has done as well for so long.

[/QUOTE]

^

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

J

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A question for those who are laughing at this notion. Do you honestly believe that there is nothing BB can learn from a coach who just embarrashed the team who two weeks ago embarrashed you and who you most likely will see again next year?

Think about that statement for a second and give me an honest answer

[/QUOTE]

History tells us that BB is one of the better students of the game and routinely confers with other coaching professionals.  Of course he can.  But the original statement 'Belichick should learn from Pete Carroll' was based on a faulty premise - that Carroll did the drafting and FA signing.

[/QUOTE]

That I agree on, BB can learn from Sea's GM in that regard. But, the more aggressive style of D from Carroll I do think BB can learn from. Do you?

[/QUOTE]

While I agree with both of you, I must point out that 3rd, 4rth, 5th round and undrafted players were not just sleeping giants ready to explode with whoever drafted them. They needed to be developed into great players.

Is Pete Carrol a better football coach then BB? No, but did Pete Carrol do a 1st rate, border line amazing job of coaching his football team up to dominance? Yes. 

Point being, this isn't just a black and white issue, of their GM is better then ours, or their head coach is better then ours. 

And another thought all together. As we saw the niners come 1 play away from beating this seattle team, we don't know that our Patriots team doesn't win the SB against the Seahawks. Everything is matchups, and limiting mistakes.

I don't think Tom Brady would have played as bad as PM on that stage, and without turnovers, safeties and kick return tds, this game is a lot closer. If you wanna play the game of( oh well they killed denver and denver killed us) then I say the colts beat seattle and we killed the colts. 

With a healthy Gronk, VW, Mayo, Kelly and Talib, I say we have a much better chance of beating seattle in that game then the broncos, as our QB is not the biggest choker in nfl history. And we might have had a better chance without any of those guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If the Seahawks have winning seasons for another 10 years, make the playoffs nearly every one of them, make it to several more SB's........then I'll agree..........that Carroll is as good as BB.  I won't agree until then.  For all we know they'll be perennial losers in 4 years.  

BB is the greatest coach/gm in the business.  Show me one team in the salary cap era that has done as well for so long.

[/QUOTE]

^

[/QUOTE]

The problem here is that consistent excellence (which I define as being competitive and making the playoffs year in and year out) does not permit pursuit of the silver bauble.  And that bauble (which is quite changeable from year to year) is whatever fans perceive to be THE answer (regardless of the question).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^

[/QUOTE]

The problem here is that consistent excellence (which I define as being competitive and making the playoffs year in and year out) does not permit pursuit of the silver bauble.  And that bauble (which is quite changeable from year to year) is whatever fans perceive to be THE answer (regardless of the question).

[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. Seattle sucked for years. The Colts are getting stronger because they sucked for Luck. Most teams who suddenly crash into the SB have sucked for a period of time. The Pats have not sucked despite the whining here of the bandwagon boys.

The question is...would the Babes of this site rather a team that sucked for 3 or 4 years allowing them to rebuild then MAYBE win it all or would they rather a team that remains competative season after season?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Ridiculous.

SEA just demosntrated a complete domniation of a very good O - something that nobody has come close to achieving this season. And they did it on the biggest stage. It's really stupid to say that BB cannot learn anything from it.

It does not matter that they sucked for many years. They have no more than 2 first roudners among their starters - none on the DL. They are mostly 3rd rounders and later picks.

At teh very least, BB should take note of what speed in all facets of the game can accomplish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridiculous.

SEA just demosntrated a complete domniation of a very good O - something that nobody has come close to achieving this season. And they did it on the biggest stage. It's really stupid to say that BB cannot learn anything from it.

It does not matter that they sucked for many years. They have no more than 2 first roudners among their starters - none on the DL. They are mostly 3rd rounders and later picks.

At teh very least, BB should take note of what speed in all facets of the game can accomplish.

[/QUOTE]

And, quite frankly, I think BB, being the student of the game that he is, will probably garner what he can from that game and apply what he thinks is viable for his team and approach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

And, quite frankly, I think BB, being the student of the game that he is, will probably garner what he can from that game and apply what he thinks is viable for his team and approach.

[/QUOTE]

Learning should apply to TB too.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree, but we would have also needed to not have seen the shotgun spread base like Gomie tried to run,

I think if we had done that, we'd probably be bludgeoned as well.

I still find it facinating that some people think the shotgun spread base can work and win you a SB. Not you, but others here.

[/QUOTE]

There you go with the slam of a "shotgun spread" offense.  So, it isn't just a Brady thing, huh?  You'd be slamming Manning as well for his use of the shotgun.  You simply do not like the shotgun spread offense do you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. Seattle sucked for years. The Colts are getting stronger because they sucked for Luck. Most teams who suddenly crash into the SB have sucked for a period of time. The Pats have not sucked despite the whining here of the bandwagon boys.

The question is...would the Babes of this site rather a team that sucked for 3 or 4 years allowing them to rebuild then MAYBE win it all or would they rather a team that remains competative season after season?

[/QUOTE]

These idiots don't like to be fair or apply contexts.

BB drafting way near the bottom of the 1st rd every year is nowhere Seattle getting top 15 picks, sometimes top 10s (I think they had 2 in 2006!), where NE is really ever bear a top 15 pick. The only way we even got close was dealing Seymour. haha

That's how different these comparisons are.

Also, our D was generally very healthy this year like Seattle's.

[/QUOTE]

Um ...  who are the top picks on Seattle's defense and the rounds they were drafted in...?   for example , Sherman went in the 5th round.  so your draft position argument is less relevant....  which is putting it nicely.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

BB's days as a defensive genious are over, he needs to find the next defensive whiz kid and bring him in, fire patricia and blue print Pete Carrolls defense from 2000.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB's days as a defensive genious are over, he needs to find the next defensive whiz kid and bring him in, fire patricia and blue print Pete Carrolls defense from 2000.

[/QUOTE]

Pete Carrol didn't have a defense in 2000. He was fired for sucking. Google Patriots 1998 and learn about the team you root for. They might even have pictures you can look at.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pete Carrol didn't have a defense in 2000. He was fired for sucking. Google Patriots 1998 and learn about the team you root for. They might even have pictures you can look at.

[/QUOTE]

he left BB the defense that won the SB against the Rams. BB  did a better job of steering them to htoer greatness fro a few seasons and 2 more SBs, but since then the defense had lost aus an AFCCG game or two, and two SBs- that's on BB's watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB drafting way near the bottom of the 1st rd every year is nowhere Seattle getting top 15 picks, sometimes top 10s (I think they had 2 in 2006!), where NE is really ever bear a top 15 pick. The only way we even got close was dealing Seymour. haha

[/QUOTE]

True and false. The pats d has more 1st round picks than seattle. Try looking it up before you spin. The Seattle d is largely built on 2-7 round players and a few very smart FA moves. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True and false. The pats d has more 1st round picks than seattle. Try looking it up before you spin. The Seattle d is largely built on 2-7 round players and a few very smart FA moves. 

[/QUOTE]

So you like the drafting philosophy of acquiring multiple picks from round 2 to 7? Sounds familiar....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you like the drafting philosophy of acquiring multiple picks from round 2 to 7? Sounds familiar....

[/QUOTE]

I like the philosophy of hitting on multiple picks from rounds 2-7. Sound familiar? I didn't think so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A question for those who are laughing at this notion. Do you honestly believe that there is nothing BB can learn from a coach who just embarrashed the team who two weeks ago embarrashed you and who you most likely will see again next year?

Think about that statement for a second and give me an honest answer

[/QUOTE]

What do you think he should learn from him? Not saying BB could never learn "anything" from anyone and in fact it has been written many times by those people that write about him that he often exchanges ideas with those whom he respects. ..and for all we know it was PC who took an extensive look at all the historical times BB has waged war with Peyton and learend some things from what BB has attempted in the past. I have no idea. Oh wait that can't be possible because PC just won a superbowl and that is what is freshest in everyones mind. Please.

So Exactly what? Not generally speaking but "exactly" what "exactly" should BB learn form Pete Carroll? Please enlighten us.

Ok I'll play, how about spending resources on high talented players and having a more aggressive style of D that forces plays to happen instead of sitting back waiting for them to happen?

Let's take a look at the Seattle Defense...

Remove Richard Sherman from the game.

Why to replace him with an injury prone CB who got injured or a 4th CB who got paid like a #2 CB? Maybe you shouldn't rely on injury prone CB's and not pay 4th CB's what you could have paid a starting caliber CB in the offseason. That would be a start

Remove Bobby Wagner from the game.

The ironic thing was Wagner was picked right ahead of T. Wilson. Seahawks could of had Wilson but took a prospect that was graded out where he was picked while BB reached for a player graded out in day 3....

Remove the Superbowl MVP Malcolm Smith from the game.

Since this is the 2nd LB you mentioned I'm guessing this is in replacement of Spikes who was essentially benched by BB on IR. How about not drafting guys if their personalities conflict with your own and style of play or I don't know play them in the AFCCG!

Remove Tony McDaniel from the game and Remove Brandon Mebane from the game (or who ever their top two DTs are supposed to be)

How about Bryant who was critical to get the Sea to the SB while you're at it, oh wait BB wanted Bryant just not for market value and instead took a cheaper Fanene, what a deal!

Exactly how does that defense fair? Exactly?

Well since Sea invested in their DL, doesn't rely on STer's and injury prone CBs and draft players that fit well in their system including personalities in which they don't have to bench them I would say they'd do fairly well

Remove Percy Harvin from the game. (their best receiving weapon??)

Why remove him, he was an effective player in Minn and that's why they traded for him and spent a good value of picks to get him as opposed to say Amendola who did nothing in his career but be average and was always injured and guess what had 1 drop as his only stat in the biggest game in his career. So, Sea spent more to get better talent and you want to remove him for what reason? Oh to make your point unless if you mean for Gronk another player who has't played 100% and has missed the playoffs 2 seasons in a row yeah great planing for that one. Only everyone saw that Gronk had bettr odds of not being 100% if he was there, except you and BB appearently

Have either Golden Tate or Baldwin playing with a broken foot?

yeah because they were so great. That's what won them the game Tate and Baldwin with all those amazing catches.....

We can go on and on with this. Just the two linebackers alone and 20 tackles are off the board and needing to be replaced.

we can go on since one is injury and that happens and the other was essentially benched! That's BB choice and his draft pick benched for personality conflict

The MVP and Harvin out and 14 points are off the board. Harvin out and one less weapon to seriously have to gameplan for or worry about.

Oh so you mean the guy that Sea spent resources on to get a high talent player for that BB traded back on and could of had. That Harvin? Yep, BB couldn't learn a thing about getting high talent players who helped win the SB instead of moving back or getting "value" from low risk low reward players, nothing to learn there

Not to mention, and this is the most critical thing. EVERY time ONE single piece of the puzzle changes in a system, on either side of the ball, it adversly affects the responsibilites and the quality of playing level of every other player in the system and the system as a whole. EVERY time you add multiples it degrades everyone and thing further.

Except in Sea's simple attack style D which rooks pick up easily because it's meant to be straight forward and not overly complicated to the point moving one piece throws the whole thing out of whack

If people want to go all oh we need to blitz and attack, etc. I suggest you go look up the large majority of history showing success vs failure vs manning doing that.

And yet Sea won hands down with an aggressive 4 man front and the Pats from 01-05 owned the Colts and Manning with an aggressive 4 man rush front.... yeah I'd say that was successful for us for a while, ask Z he has stats in multiple posts to prove it

Should the Seahawks organization be applauded for a great year. Absolutely. They capitalized on a window. Great job by them.

But spare me what the Pats and BB should learn from them, yet. They were 7-9 two years ago. 7 wins. SEVEN! Was Seattle even in the NFCCG last year?

7 wins to winning a SB in just two years? Wow now that's insanely impressive don't you think? Are you telling me there is nothing you can learn from a team who in 2 years went from a sub .500 team to the most dominant team in the NFL in 2 years? I no 2 years is way to short D rebuilds and reinviting your D scheme should take 6+ like BB's has otherwise it's not real 

Now Seattle has an opportunity to show what they can do because now they will start to deal with players who got a ring and now just care about money. Now when R. Wilsons contract comes up they will have to pay him real money. Lucky for them he was not MVP. Now they will have to potentially deal with coaches and or personnell people leaving for advancement.

They already showed what they can do, win a ring.... how horrible they have to deal with contracts because their rooks are successful and have high talent. Who would want that? I prefer my rooks mediocre by then we don't have to pay them nearly as much......... I mean really that's the best you have to come up with. Worrying about you have to pay players because they played so well and won a ring? Would you be happier is they just played ok, made the playoffs, and play them less because in the end they weren't talented enough to win the ring?

The Seawhawks did what they were suppose to do. Win the superbowl most thought they would win just about all season long. Great job!

And how many times were the Pats suppose to win the SB and failed in the playoffs since 07'? They managed to do it yet you feel they have nothing to teach a team that can't do what they were suppose to do. Makes sense

...but please stop the madness with the BB or even Pats org needs to learn from Seattle. At least for now.

You're right who wants to learn from a team who embarrashed the team that embarrashed you two weeks ago (you know a team that you will most likely play again next year), a team that just won a ring, and a team that had the same philosphy that produced a number of the key players that helped win you the 3 rings in the first place. Yep nothing to learn what so ever from a team that rebuilt in 2 years rather then 6 going on 7 and got a ring while dominanting the NFL and it's new rules in the process

[/QUOTE]

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, but their 1st rd picks were top 15 throughout for years. I believe they had 2 in 2006.

Also, NE was in 2 SBs since then with a crappy Brady.

I just don't see how your premise adds up. We had morons in here last February telling us how Ozzie had it all figured out. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

The rebuilding effort in Seattle started in 2009-10. Look it up and when most of their d was drafted. Irvin is the only top 15 pick since that time. 2006? Who drafted is still playing for them  from that draft? 

My premise adds up because their d is largely comprised of later round picks that were gems and good FA moves. Dennard is the only late round pick that has paid dividends on the D, and, we have largely struck out in the middle rounds on D. The best part is that Sherman, Bryant, chancellor, Thurman, etc were all there for the taking if we wanted them. We didn't.

Sections
Shortcuts