Belichick should take notes..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Belichick should take notes..

It takes DEFENSE and RUNNING to win in the playoffs. As much as it pains me to say it, the Jets are proof of that right now. Good solid defense and a solid running attack gives you a chance every time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets knocked of the Colts (although I do think the Colts win ultimately)
    Bottom line is the Jets are going to be a thorn in the Pats side for a while so BB and the crew better get crackin' on filling the holes. Wouldn't a shut down corner and some pass rushers look good right now??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: Belichick should take notes..

How is it that the Jets can blitz so often?

Is it a shut-down corner like Revis?

I like the way thier Defense plays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

A shut down corner and some pass rushers would look great, but if you are talking about beating the Jets, we had better upgrade our OL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I can't believe you people are telling Bill to take notes from that Loudmouth Larda**. When you stop to think of the players we have lost in the last 2 years, it's a wonder we even made it to the play offs. Be patient, I feel it coming.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Ya, and he had multiple 2nd roung picks that he could have drafted Greene last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

When Ryan got the HC job with the jests the first thing he did was get his defense in order.  He brought over Bart Scott, Jim Leonard, traded for Lito Sheppard.  He brought in guys that fit his system and convinced the rest that this will work.  I cant stand the jests and the cockiness of the HC, but you cannot deny how good this defense is.  Playoffs or no playoffs they still had a good defense.  The offense is OK.  They have a great O-Line in which they invested in over the years.  Mangold, Ferguson, Faneca, Woody.  Two draft picks and Two FA's. 

Im not sure if BB needs to take notes on how to coach from an unproven rookie HC, but he sure needs to recognize that he just cant scrap together a championship caliber team.  It takes talent as well.  He just needs to get talented players that will buy into what his philosiphy is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

A shutdown corner ALWAYS looks good.  It give the D so much more.  It allows them to do so many other things. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

The Pats always address the defense, they are just not making good decisions.  They let key free agents go and the guys that they are bringing in to replace these guys are not that good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

stp43;

They lost because the jets outplayed them in their own house. Missing three field goals is just a lame excuse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The Colts don't have a running game......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

The key point I'm trying to make is that this should be a wake up call to BB. If you look at the Pats championship teams it was done with solid defense and efficient offense with a good balance of run:pass. What have we done since 2007 when the Pats became "air Belichick"? We've not won a single thing. The defense has been neglected, the running game is non-existant and is no longer balanced. Face it, the Pats have become a soft finesse team.
    As much as I hate the Jets and all of Ryans yappin'..he's beginning to back up all the talk PLUS the team is buying into it..drinking the Ryan koolaide so to speak. Sounds like the foundation of the early decade Pats teams. Don't think the Jets are going away anytime soon either. Sanchez will get better as well. BB and Kraft need to take some swift action starting with a REAL D-coordinator..not some internal puppet that won't question King Bill.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Revis is great , but enough with this shutdown BS. Moss outplayed and beat him on almost ever play the first game. He had room and steps on him. 12 was hit 21 times and got the chit kicked out of him that day. Wayne had Revis a couple times , but 18 overthrew him and both were taking out. Coles beat him and turned him around many of times, but the jets do a great job at team D and getting pressure on the QB. By the way Revis only "man'd up" on 7 out of 77 plays the first game. Hardly a shutdown performance, hes very good, but hes not prime. And Id still take Nnamdi over him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

What about the Colts, and the Cards last year.The Vikes sure didnt win because of theirs last game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

To STP43FAN: first of all the offense has become one dimensional and pass happy. I disagree that we were a pass first offense in the past. Sure, passing was a strength with Brady but we also used TE's and FB's to enhance that..do we even have a FB on the roster??? How effective has the TE position been lately??
    If you think the Pats haven't neglected the defense I'm not sure what team you are watching. It's NOTHING about injuries. It;s about letting good talent walk out the door and not replacing it with equivalent or better talent..period. How long have the Pats been searching for a Samuel replacement at DB?? They bring in scrubs like Detha Oneil and draft the likes of Johnathan Wilhite (spelling?). They trade Seymour then fill that gap by playing musical chairs with the D-line (Ron Brace?? C'mon Man!)
    Finally, the D-coordinator NEEDS to come from the outside. If you continue to fill internally you never get a fresh perspective. You don;t think this staff needs a fresh perspective?? When I say "puppet" I mean that no one internally questions BB. You need that interaction..checks and balances are a good thing in government, corporations, or coaching staffs. It also breeds creativity. Thsi staff has gone stale.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Addressing the defense is one thing...playing a passive defense another...defensive line needs will be addressed,,,db's need to get in the face of the receivers and challenge them...if they cant ( i think butler  bodden  can)...then get someone who will be able to...
    Agree that a RB is needed that is quick and can cut....Offense is predicable..and OL is average at run blocking ( see runs for loss) Is it coaching or talent???

2010  will be a fun year is coachign improves.....BB will get the players...(hopefully not all re-treads)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I must have missed all those championships the Jets have won. I have to laugh at all of this. Do people actually think the Jets are going to be able to hold on to all their players once their contracts expire. They have a short window of a few seasons to win it all then all their top players are going to be offered fat contracts from other teams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

It's all about scheme and philosophy.  BB needs to adopt because our D is going the way of the Dinosaur.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I hate the Jets as much as anyone but you gotta like the way they play football. I've heard so much hating on Sanchez this season on these boards and although it remains to be seen if he can elevate to a top tier qb one day he does have potential. I like his poise more then anything. Thats just my opinion.

With this being said, I'd love to see the jets knock the colts off. I think at the end of the day I really hate Indy more then any team in the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I think BB has made bad personnel decisions the last few years.  If he got the glory and title as one of the best coaches ever, then he needs to shoulder the blame.
    Letting some players go that he should have kept, to save money. He has had some good picks in the draft, but has also had too many duds lately.  He also has passed up way too many players for draft picks in later rounds, many that did not pan out as well as the guys passed over.  Either his skills have diminished, or his players skills have diminished, or he has the wrong players...or maybe all 3. That was evident this year, even in victories.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I want the Colts to beat the Jets, and the NFC team to beat the Colts. Then at least neither of them can claim success.