In Response to Re: BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL!
In Response to BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL! : sometimes it's best to let things unsaid. again bb's arrogance comes to the forefront. he may have to pay again for his lack of respect. goodell is the nfl, not bb. only in is own mind.
Posted by Bralon
i reluctantly have to agree with u abit with the ARROGANCE of bb. there are now too many such events to just dismiss as coincidents. if not careful bb's arrogance will be his downfall and perhaps that of the pats if kraft doesnt pull the plug on him. true humility is not his thing. lets list the history:
1. committing adultery with his best friend's wife right under the noses of everyone right in jets front office, forced people to take sides and it took focus off football. there was a later a lawsuit filed by his ex-friend which according to my sources, bel quietly settled.
2. leaving parcells and the jets hanging at the podium. as pats fan, like fact he came here but that says a lot about his true character. there were a lot of better alternatives to man-up and handle that situation in a less arrogant manner.
3. the personal beat-down of terry glenn. bel was in the right but again, there were better options to handle that situation than publically humiliating the man and rubbing his nose in it.
4. bledsoe situation.. i personally have no beef with the situation of going with brady but his unnecessary crapfest with the media again... could have been handled with more class. no need for the non-stop ur glue and i'm rubber childishness or the i'm just a genius and ur just a lackey patronizing air. by winning the SB, that just solidified that identity of his. both danny ainge +doc rivers are the perfect examples of a GM and coach that can keep things in-house and still be cordial, non-condenscending and "open" with the media. every week he responds specifically with shaq (as he did with kg), yet every week the situation gets even more murky than before as we keep finding out bigger mysteries than before.
5. spygate.. see the above. bel's arrogance couldnt have been more on display. his tude was "i oonly answer to the highest authority of belichick", so GTH goody!
6. footgate... arrogantly humiliating welker for humourously putting his foot in his mouth. ryan recently admitted that it changed everything for the jets, that it could have been the difference between winning and losing. it was a major help to THEM! but hey bel got the last laugh about who runs MOUNT belichick!
7. tripgate prequel.. pats fans have chosen to ignore the FACTS of this case else well. i did not want to post on it for i have enough bombs coming my way. the reality is that there have been enough evidence presented from ex-players and videotape that the JETS were in fact responding to what the pats had initiated. bel regularly had guys on the injured list deliberately stand right in that area. they were the only ones who did. at least bel did not actually trip anyone or keep doing it after goody brought down the hammer and put things in writing to all the teams (as with spygate).
8. shake-down....again, another basic human courtesy that shows flawed side of bel the man was his refusing to regularly shake hands with his brethren. esp after a loss, a real man goes over and give props to the guy who just took victory from you no matter how much it hurts. but no, that had to be another drama event due to the arrogant ego of our coach!
9. running up the score.. on this one, i am being a hypocrite. as a homer, i LOVEEE when we stuff it down the other team's throat esp as we did versus the jets and the redskins in 2007. but lets make no doubt about it, it is ARROGANT and obnoxious from the other team's perspective esp when unprovoked and innecessary as it was with gibbs! unsexy rexy stepped into that!
10. messing with the women at 2008 super bowl... as i mentioned before, it was the height of arrogance for bel to suddenly move the team from comfortable digs to one that put them in a far less comfortable situation. players complained aboout the food, water, germs, and aches that put us behind the giants competitively. perhaps a well-rested harrison gets the extra inch to knock that ball away, perhaps a well-focused samuel doesnt drop that ball! worse part of it is that the women could not accompany their men and had to change their plans. its arrogance to think that stuff like this will not bother the playerss esp since most of them had to become travel agents in making their own accomadations for their wives, mistresses and families! again, pure ARROGANCE!
11. refusing to adapt... not changing our playoff approach as we continue to lose in the playoffs over and over and over. that tight ship hurts us at playoff time. players are humans. compassion and empathy are part of the job description of a coach too! bel has vastly improved in those areas from his cleveland days but still has some work left.