BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL+ 11 OTHER HINTS OF ARROGANCE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL+ 11 OTHER HINTS OF ARROGANCE!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bill-Belichick-a-noshow-at-media-breakfast-presser.html

seems like since 2007 with spygate, according to my "sources", bel only does the minimum of what is mandatory when it comes to the league as a whole. this was a blatant example. 31 of 32 coaches get there for a media-access breakfast at the owners' meeting but belichick's alarm clock i guess chose not to work that day. i am NOT knocking him for i do not have all the facts but i just find it curious! this also comes a day or so after bel is the only coach i know of who went public about his disdain for changes being proposed for the kick-off game. bel's quote was "i think they are trying to eliminate that part of the game with their moves"...

as a pats fan, frankly my concern is what kind of retribution could goodell further implement to get back at bel and the patriots  for a perceived ARROGANCE! we know that goody can be as prickly as david stern in the nba esp when it comes to the pats. 

11 other possible examples of bel's ARROGANCE:

In Response to Re: BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL!:
    In Response to BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL! : sometimes it's best to let things unsaid. again bb's arrogance comes to the forefront. he may have to pay again for his lack of respect. goodell is the nfl, not bb. only in is own mind.
    Posted by Bralon

i reluctantly have to agree with u abit with the ARROGANCE of bb. there are now too many such events to just dismiss as coincidents. if not careful bb's arrogance will be his downfall and perhaps that of the pats if kraft doesnt pull the plug on him. true humility is not his thing. lets list the history:

1. committing adultery with his best friend's wife right under the noses of everyone right in jets front office, forced people to take sides and it took focus off football. there was a later a lawsuit filed by his ex-friend which according to my sources, bel quietly settled.

2. leaving parcells and the jets hanging at the podium. as pats fan, like fact he came here but that says a lot about his true character. there were a lot of better alternatives to man-up and handle that situation in a less arrogant manner.

3. the personal beat-down of terry glenn. bel was in the right but again, there were better options to handle that situation than publically humiliating the man and rubbing his nose in it.

4. bledsoe  situation.. i personally have no beef with the situation of going with brady but his unnecessary crapfest with the media again... could have been handled with more class. no need for the non-stop ur glue and i'm rubber childishness or the i'm just a genius and ur just a lackey patronizing air. by winning the SB, that just solidified that identity of his. both danny ainge +doc rivers are the perfect examples of a GM and coach that can keep things in-house and still be cordial, non-condenscending and "open" with the media. every week he responds specifically with shaq (as he did with kg), yet every week the situation gets even more murky than before as we keep finding out bigger mysteries than before. 

5. spygate.. see the above. bel's arrogance couldnt have been more on display. his tude was "i oonly answer to the highest authority of belichick", so GTH goody! 

6. footgate... arrogantly humiliating welker for humourously putting his foot in his mouth. ryan recently admitted that it changed everything for the jets, that it could have been the difference between winning and losing. it was a major help to THEM! but hey bel got the last laugh about who runs MOUNT belichick! 

7. tripgate prequel.. pats fans have chosen to ignore the FACTS of this case else well. i did not want to post on it for i have enough bombs coming my way. the reality is that there have been enough evidence presented from ex-players and videotape that the JETS were in fact responding to what the pats had initiated. bel regularly had guys on the injured list deliberately stand right in that area. they were the only ones who did. at least bel did not actually trip anyone or keep doing it after goody brought down the hammer and put things in writing to all the teams (as with spygate).

8. shake-down....again, another basic human courtesy that shows flawed side of bel the man was his refusing to regularly shake hands with his brethren. esp after a loss, a real man goes over and give props to the guy who just took victory from you no matter how much it hurts. but no, that had to be another drama event due to the arrogant ego of our coach!

9. running up the score.. on this one, i am being a hypocrite. as a homer, i LOVEEE when we stuff it down the other team's throat esp as we did versus the jets and the redskins in 2007. but lets make no doubt about it, it is ARROGANT and obnoxious from the other team's perspective esp when unprovoked and innecessary as it was with gibbs! unsexy rexy stepped into that!

10. messing with the women at 2008 super bowl... as i mentioned before, it was the height of arrogance for bel to suddenly move the team from comfortable digs to one that put them in a far less comfortable situation. players complained aboout the food, water, germs, and aches that put us behind the giants competitively. perhaps a well-rested harrison gets the extra inch to knock that ball away, perhaps a well-focused samuel doesnt drop that ball! worse part of it is that the women could not accompany their men and had to change their plans. its arrogance to think that stuff like this will not bother the playerss esp since most of them had to become travel agents in making their own accomadations for their wives, mistresses and families! again, pure ARROGANCE!

11. refusing to adapt... not changing our playoff approach as we continue to lose in the playoffs over and over and over. that tight ship hurts us at playoff time. players are humans. compassion and empathy are part of the job description of a coach too! bel has vastly improved in those areas from his cleveland days but still has some work left.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL!

SHUT UP MORON! Another moronic thread started by the biggest loser in here. Everyone knows your sources are your buddies at the "ring around the rosey" circle when your on recess! Please do us all a favor and get a girlfriend or a hobby to occupy your time and stop wasting everyone elses time in here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Personally, I think this is the most overblown thing I've seen since Spygate.  I have lost a lot of respect for Reiss, too. That is by far the most ridiculous thing he's posted on his blog since getting that gig.

I expected it from the NY Time Co. mantra--Boston Globe and ESPN, but not Reiss himself.  Very surprising.

Have people seriously not skipped a breakfast at a convention before?

7 AM? Really?  Who eats breakfast at 7 AM anyway, especially at a multi-day convention?  It's not like it's a one day convention.

Out the night before, or simply just want to sleep in a little longer before hanging around a convention for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th day.

It's not like you aren't making yourself available the majority of the convention.

It's so ridiculous what the media focuses on.  I'd bet anything other coaches have skipped that previous years, yet we never heard about it.

How much media access does the media need anyway? What's next, ask about his jean size?

I love how the media tries to smear Belichick basically on a daily basis, at every turn, yet they feel they are entitled to his time in a situation like this.

It very well could have been a subtle jab at the Comp Committee for its Draconian approach to making rule changes and if so, I applaud BB for doing what is necessary to be vocal about trying to save the game for what it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Probably not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Whenever I read stuff like this, I think of what people like Halas, Lombardi, Paul Brown, etc, would do.

Or even coaches like Bill Walsh or Bud Grant. 

They'd probably be arrested by now having to deal with such ridiculous media antics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

For starters he has skipped this crap a number of times, Bill Parcells used to do the same thing. And CC there are plenty of fans of other teams on here why dont you just come out as a fan of whatever team yours is(I'm assuming the jests)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Look folks, I only care what BB does in-season, in preparation for a game on Sunday.

Since it looks like we won't be playing football for a while, I think Bill can sleep in, order breakfast at dinner, run with scissors and cut the tags off all the matteresses he sleeps on until football starts again.  I could care less.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Why knocking on Reiss now? Didn't his piece simply reflect some comments from other coaches? He may of made some curious thoughts on the situation but he did not imply that any of it was fact beyond the reaction of other coaches. 

Reiss isn't perfect, but he still does a better job then anyone else covering the Patriots. It seems with extended comfortability and time he has also been more relaxed in sharing some opinion and insight. That is ok as long as it is not presented as fact.. 

Either way, who cares. BBs perception is what it is. He wins, he can't draft anymore, he can't win playoff games, he only won during spygate.. blah blah.. the guy is great. I hope he is coaching the Patriots until he retires. Not many teams have the type of records and streaks the Patriots have had in a 10 year period. 

Ignore how he does or does not act off the field. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

actually reiss called him out for dissing his coaching bretheren...

now that I think about it does make sense that he is getting his "little" payback to roger...

isnt it amusing how goodall has been really minimalized by the strike???

haha... yes I called it a strike because the union decertified and will not bargain until they can dictate terms...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL!:
    Why knocking on Reiss now? Didn't his piece simply reflect some comments from other coaches? He may of made some curious thoughts on the situation but he did not imply that any of it was fact beyond the reaction of other coaches.  Reiss isn't perfect, but he still does a better job then anyone else covering the Patriots. It seems with extended comfortability and time he has also been more relaxed in sharing some opinion and insight. That is ok as long as it is not presented as fact..  Either way, who cares. BBs perception is what it is. He wins, he can't draft anymore, he can't win playoff games, he only won during spygate.. blah blah.. the guy is great. I hope he is coaching the Patriots until he retires. Not many teams have the type of records and streaks the Patriots have had in a 10 year period.  Ignore how he does or does not act off the field. 
    Posted by j24m1

Which coach or coaches commented? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

a couple of them did... chan gailey, john harbaugh, miek thomlin... but none said anything bad about bill they were just making jokes

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Right.  They are probably chuckling knowing how much Bill hates that staged crap. 

But, they didn't say anything, nor does Reiss have any primary sourced info.

How does he know the coaches care who shows up to eat and who doesn't?

Like I said, $100 other coaches have missed that breakfast in the past, yet we never heard about it.

Reiss crossed the line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

he can't draft anymorePosted by j24m1

His 2007, 2009 and 2010 drafts were especially well maneuvered.  2010 was probably the best draft of any team in the NFL.

Have a grasp of reality much?

What do you think this year's draft will be like with 6 picks in the top 92?

What are the odds of BB "not knowing how to draft anymore" in 2011?

lol

Get a clue before typing something.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't agree.  Reiss was speaking in the first person.

Read his article(s) again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Personally, I think this is the most overblown thing I've seen since Spygate.  I have lost a lot of respect for Reiss, too. That is by far the most ridiculous thing he's posted on his blog since getting that gig. I expected it from the NY Time Co. mantra--Boston Globe and ESPN, but not Reiss himself.  Very surprising. Have people seriously not skipped a breakfast at a convention before? 7 AM? Really?  Who eats breakfast at 7 AM anyway, especially at a multi-day convention?  It's not like it's a one day convention. Out the night before, or simply just want to sleep in a little longer before hanging around a convention for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th day. It's not like you aren't making yourself available the majority of the convention. It's so ridiculous what the media focuses on.  I'd bet anything other coaches have skipped that previous years, yet we never heard about it. How much media access does the media need anyway? What's next, ask about his jean size? I love how the media tries to smear Belichick basically on a daily basis, at every turn, yet they feel they are entitled to his time in a situation like this. It very well could have been a subtle jab at the Comp Committee for its Draconian approach to making rule changes and if so, I applaud BB for doing what is necessary to be vocal about trying to save the game for what it is.
    Posted by BBReigns
    Look, bb is not so clueless as to not know his absence will be a news story! so when he deliberately ignores it and is seen walking by it and smiling, someone is going to report it. its NEWS! as for you folks calling me a jets fan, i believe its nice to here the echo-chamber of like-minded homers, my contrarianism is that i also like to know what non-homers are writing about us. yep, i care what others think of me and my team. called being a SOCIAL animal!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

"here an echo chamber"?   Strong grammar, kid.

No, you start threads to entertain yourself based on the reactions you get.  We are your only source of attention, apparently. You probably do this on like 10 differenrt messageboards all day long.

The story, as usual, when it reolves around a coach who doesn't give the media any copy, is OVERBLOWN.

It was not mandatory.

Do you know what the word "mandatory" means? 

If it was mandatory, your dramatic concern over Belichick missing some scrambled eggs and fruit, answering Shalise Manza-Young's intriguing line of questioning, might make sense.

It simply doesn't matter with Belichick. He's held to a higher standard, as are the Pats, and this flat out proves that theory.

And Bud Grant is correct when he says BB will be villified, regardless.  Absolutely correct.

The media needs an enemy on a pedestal just like they need an angel on a pedestal.

Glad I could help.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

About the only "sources" you and the rest of you clowns know, are the sauces you dream about eating on that fancy meal you can't afford on your dead end jobs.  And most of you can't spell either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL! : Look, bb is not so clueless as to not know his absence will be a news story! so when he deliberately ignores it and is seen walking by it and smiling, someone is going to report it. its NEWS! as for you folks calling me a jets fan, i believe its nice to here the echo-chamber of like-minded homers, my contrarianism is that i also like to know what non-homers are writing about us. yep, i care what others think of me and my team. called being a SOCIAL animal!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Homers? Really? I think the term you are looking for is "fan" See we aren't journalists or announcers here we are fans of a football team. All fans of a team are homers if you are not a homer of a team then you are not a fan of a team. Which means you are most likely a fan of another team who is just trolling for responses ala "you"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

"here an echo chamber"?   Strong grammar, kid. No, you start threads to entertain yourself based on the reactions you get.  We are your only source of attention, apparently. You probably do this on like 10 differenrt messageboards all day long. The story, as usual, when it reolves around a coach who doesn't give the media any copy, is OVERBLOWN. It was not mandatory. Do you know what the word "mandatory" means?  If it was mandatory, your dramatic concern over Belichick missing some scrambled eggs and fruit, answering Shalise Manza-Young's intriguing line of questioning, might make sense. It simply doesn't matter with Belichick. He's held to a higher standard, as are the Pats, and this flat out proves that theory. And Bud Grant is correct when he says BB will be villified, regardless.  Absolutely correct. The media needs an enemy on a pedestal just like they need an angel on a pedestal. Glad I could help.
    Posted by BBReigns
    y r u hating on the messenger? i do about 2 new threads every other day if there is something that interests me as i work.. thats so bad!? as soon u dont like something, you just take a cheap personal shot. i frankly have no beef with bb not eating beef with all those who mostly have beef with us.. was just reporting it.. gees! yes, just as tommy has a higher standard, so does bel.. consequence of winning! called life.. bel does onlly the mandotories, routinely skips the voluntarys.. i was just giving an example of that. this illustrates it esp how he rubs it in the face of everyone there. like he's saying "i dont care about any of u, i am more importat, got better stuff to do"...

he could have gone and said high to a pete carroll or harbaugh and moved on. look, life ultimately is all about relationships. y would you risk someone getting petty in the future when you may need them in a trade. want them big-timing us at that point? i understand y bel did it, but i would not have done that. law unintended consequences. clearly he wanted it reported and communicated to goody for he wanted to stick it to him and get his adolescent pound of flesh with "official" impunity..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL! : Homers? Really? I think the term you are looking for is "fan" See we aren't journalists or announcers here we are fans of a football team. All fans of a team are homers if you are not a homer of a team then you are not a fan of a team. Which means you are most likely a fan of another team who is just trolling for responses ala "you"
    Posted by tenacioust
    look, i'm a homer and a fan but i guess i like some others, i can step away from the kool-aid and choir on occasion to be objective. i think that helps in being a great fan!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I told you this fools "sources" are the other kids at the "ring around the posey" circle at recess.......Go away contrarian your hated here and at the red Sox / Celtics boards. Loser.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: BELICHICK STILL STICKING IT TO GOODELL! : y r u hating on the messenger? i do about 2 new threads every other day if there is something that interests me as i work.. thats so bad!? as soon u dont like something, you just take a cheap personal shot. i frankly have no beef with bb not eating beef with all those who mostly have beef with us.. was just reporting it.. gees! yes, just as tommy has a higher standard, so does bel.. consequence of winning! called life.. bel does onlly the mandotories, routinely skips the voluntarys.. i was just giving an example of that. this illustrates it esp how he rubs it in the face of everyone there. like he's saying "i dont care about any of u, i am more importat, got better stuff to do"... he could have gone and said high to a pete carroll or harbaugh and moved on. look, life ultimately is all about relationships. y would you risk someone getting petty in the future when you may need them in a trade. want them big-timing us at that point? i understand y bel did it, but i would not have done that. law unintended consequences. clearly he wanted it reported and communicated to goody for he wanted to stick it to him and get his adolescent pound of flesh with "official" impunity..
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

i do about 2 new threads every other day if there is something that interests me as i work.. thats so bad!?

LIAR!!!!!! YOU DO AT LEAST 2-3 NEW THREADS EVERY DAY! (and yes thats to many!) AND YOUR THREADS ARE ALL NONSENSE! GET A GIRLFRIEND OR GO AMUSE YOURSELF ELSEWHERE, CANT YOU SEE SPORTS FANS ARE TIRED OF YOUR NONSENSE!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

This is all about the media feeling slighted. Reporters are no longer satisfied reporting and try to create stories where there are none. Not one other league person has had ANYTHING to say about it, only these poor, thin-skinned pencil jockeys who feel entitled.

Where's the Globe, or ESPN Boston article about how Kraft haas looked like jacka$$ #1 in these negotiations, and has stuck his foot in his mouth on more than on occasion? Frivalous lawsuit? Talking about wanting to get a deal done, then flying off to somewhere tropical? It's looking like the whole public apology nonsense with Mankins was absolutely true. It's appearing as though Kraft, once a true person of the fans, has gotten wholly caught up in the life of a millionaire and is now just another one of the "haves" who thumb their noses at the "have nots". Way to go Kraft, you've become part of the problem.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" i am NOT knocking him for i do not have all the facts" hmm well I've seen you knock plenty of folks in this forum without the facts before, what's holding you back now? 

"yep, i care what others think of me and my team."

I'm glad you posted this because it clarifies the difference between you and me. Be careful, however, because if you care what others think of you so much you won't be a very good contrarian. 

"called being a SOCIAL animal!"

It's called running with the herd, groupthink. Standing on your own turns out to be difficult stuff. If you try it for a while, I doubt you will romanticize being a contrarian anymore. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This whole BB missing breakfast thing is an example of what happens when the "fair and objective" media has too much time on it's hands...and/or is desperate for a story. Who better to pick on than their favorite NFL whipping boy, BB? : http://www.examiner.com/sports-media-in-boston/belichick-can-t-win-with-boston-media

Sections
Shortcuts