Belichick Takes Shots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Belichick Takes Shots

you hear that Rusty!?!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Of course Bill is right. And that's why I roll my eyes at all these pronouncements based on fans watching a preseason game. And that's why I do the same thing when fans claim "if we only did this more (or less)" during the season. BB is the best coach in the business. I leave it up to him to evaluate the guys he has on the team, and how to run the team (such as how much they should pass or run the spread).

About the only criticism of his coaching I have ever had is using key guys like Gronk on special teams (or leaving Brady in far too long). That's just plain stupid, and has been known to be stupid since football began.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

And here on this forum live many of these experts.  I suspect you've missed the irony of your post.

This is quite true. It is astonishing how may here think they know better how to coach the team than BB. Rusty would be idiot1 in that regard.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

This is quite true. It is astonishing how may here think they know better how to coach the team than BB. Rusty would be idiot1 in that regard.

do posters here truly think they know better than a professional coach or do posters merely post because they think they have something important to express; regardless of whether it's right or wrong?

Granted, there are one or two delusional trolls who think they're the cat's meow....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Towelie-Toke's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

do posters here truly think they know better than a professional coach or do posters merely post because they think they have something important to express; regardless of whether it's right or wrong?

Granted, there are one or two delusional trolls who think they're the cat's meow....

There are tons of guys posting here saying they are sure BB should do things differently. The weirdly ironic thing about that is that most of those are the homers who adamantly defend BB in every possible way.

The other weird thing is that I am accused of not liking BB, yet I probably defend his coaching as much or more than anybody here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

The forum is designed to discuss things and share opinions. A fan is passionate about the team they follow. When the end result is a lose, then FANS will say things they would do differently to change the results

This is true of every team and real fans. Just wish people would remember this instead of constently calling others stupid jerks trolls etc. Discuss and debate it is healthy and good. Sometimes your side of the argument is right and sometimes wrong. No one is 100% right all the time.

BB is a great coach and GM but he makes mistakes on both fronts. He is human. He learns from mistakes, as we all do. Some learn easier than others.

Many of the bickering thread grabing posters don't learn easily they just keep saying the same thing over and over again.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well now we know why he can't draft cornerbacks...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Generally, we all agree with this - at least with the teams for which we cheer.  Yet, there are some that still think they know better than others why coaches or players do what they do or think what they think. 

Those guys are sad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

The forum is designed to discuss things and share opinions. A fan is passionate about the team they follow. When the end result is a lose, then FANS will say things they would do differently to change the results

This is true of every team and real fans. Just wish people would remember this instead of constently calling others stupid jerks trolls etc. Discuss and debate it is healthy and good. Sometimes your side of the argument is right and sometimes wrong. No one is 100% right all the time.

BB is a great coach and GM but he makes mistakes on both fronts. He is human. He learns from mistakes, as we all do. Some learn easier than others.

Many of the bickering thread grabing posters don't learn easily they just keep saying the same thing over and over again.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

A post with which I am in complete agreement.  Well said, sir.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

He drafts better ones than you do!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

He drafts better ones than you do!

No sir! I drafted Champ Baily, Deion Sanders, Ty Law, Darrelle Revis and many many more! What have you done?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, well, BB knows how to coach the team 10,000 times better than all of them combined, so that's why I don't question his coaching and dismiss their whining out of hand. It would be one thing to simply express that a different approach might be better. It is entirely another thing to harp year after year after year about the same things over and over and over again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I find it rather humorous that after more than a decade in which the Patriots have been the most dominant team in the AFC East and among the best in the NFL. Winners of 3 Superbowls playing in 5 that anyone would question Belicheck's competence as a coach or GM. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I find it rather humorous that after more than a decade in which the Patriots have been the most dominant team in the AFC East and among the best in the NFL. Winners of 3 Superbowls playing in 5 that anyone would question Belicheck's competence as a coach or GM. 

[/QUOTE]

Most NFL GMs would look pretty good if they had the best HC and QB in the game for almost their entire tenure, eh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

Love BB and his style.  The ultimate tactician, historian, and one of the most competitive guys (along with TFB) on the planet, it's all part of the job for him which is what makes him one of the GOATs.  I think he'll go down along with Red as the best GM and coach ever.  1 more Super Bowl win will probably do it, 2 more would seal it.  The thing about BB is when he succeeds he does it spectacularly and when he fails he does it the same way because he goes against convention and he takes on hi risk high reward hi profile types like Tebow or Ocho or Rodney, Randy or Corey.  He trades a 2nd rounder to Miami for Wes and everyone's like he traded a what for who and paid him how much?  But he knew.  

Even the Spygate scandal was just Bill pushing the envelope and getting into a pissing match with the new commissioner and getting a swat on the nose and then what does he do.  He goes out and just rolls the entire NFL and if they could have won that Super Bowl them the conversation of GOAT would already be over but he ran into Coughlins Gmen, another tough minded, ultra competetive SOB from the Parcells coaching family and got beat.  And that sucked, badly, that loss.  He could have retired, taken time off as an analyst, hooked up with some young hottie (oh wait he did that) but instead he goes back to work, more determined than ever, and loses TFB in the first game so he takes the back up QB wh hasn't played since high school and goes 11-5.

His veterans always play well so someone  always wants to overpay for them, he loses his best young coaches almost every year, he picks at the end of the draft every year.  So what if he blows some draft picks on flyers because these days after the 2nd round it's all a crapshoot, especially when you can find guys like Sudfeld and Thompkins.  Great job by his scouts to uncover real football players out in the wilds beyond the combine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to kylerocks's comment:

Love BB and his style.  The ultimate tactician, historian, and one of the most competitive guys (along with TFB) on the planet, it's all part of the job for him which is what makes him one of the GOATs.  I think he'll go down along with Red as the best GM and coach ever.  1 more Super Bowl win will probably do it, 2 more would seal it.  The thing about BB is when he succeeds he does it spectacularly and when he fails he does it the same way because he goes against convention and he takes on hi risk high reward hi profile types like Tebow or Ocho or Rodney, Randy or Corey.  He trades a 2nd rounder to Miami for Wes and everyone's like he traded a what for who and paid him how much?  But he knew.  

Even the Spygate scandal was just Bill pushing the envelope and getting into a pissing match with the new commissioner and getting a swat on the nose and then what does he do.  He goes out and just rolls the entire NFL and if they could have won that Super Bowl them the conversation of GOAT would already be over but he ran into Coughlins Gmen, another tough minded, ultra competetive SOB from the Parcells coaching family and got beat.  And that sucked, badly, that loss.  He could have retired, taken time off as an analyst, hooked up with some young hottie (oh wait he did that) but instead he goes back to work, more determined than ever, and loses TFB in the first game so he takes the back up QB wh hasn't played since high school and goes 11-5.

His veterans always play well so someone  always wants to overpay for them, he loses his best young coaches almost every year, he picks at the end of the draft every year.  So what if he blows some draft picks on flyers because these days after the 2nd round it's all a crapshoot, especially when you can find guys like Sudfeld and Thompkins.  Great job by his scouts to uncover real football players out in the wilds beyond the combine.

Kleyrocks and Pats-bilbo,   Like both of your post!  Thanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Pretty much sums it up-very good post--- now let's move on to more discussions and share all the Knowledge we have and may not have--good job  Pats-Bilbo

Sections
Shortcuts