Belichick, the media and "cheating"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Belichick, the media and "cheating"

In Response to Belichick, the media and "cheating":
    [QUOTE]Pats coach Bill Belichick has been featured quite a bit this year in the media.  Almost back to back issues in SI about his coaching.  Recently in USAToday about his decision to go for it on 4th down on the Pats' own 24 yard line.  When ever BB or the Pats is mentioned, you always have an immediate post that refers to cheating.  Well, how about this folks, especially those of you who constantly refer to Belichick as a cheater..... In all the years he has been coach of the Patriots, has ANYONE ever heard ANY player say anything negative or that implies he cheats? There have been dozens and dozens of players that went through the Pats organization and then played for other teams. Some very respected players like Junior Seau, Willie McGinnist. You'd think at one time or another a player would come out and say something, even after retirement that something didn't seem right. Even players who may have an ax to grind. NADA, ZIP, ZILCH, not a word. Look how Seau has said he would only come back for BB and the Pats.  They all praise his coaching acumen and his abilty to get the best out of every player. Only fans cling to the unproven cheating as an excuse. Think about that!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    agree with everything you say but you can't argue logic with the likes of leon or some of those ravens meatheads who've been hanging around all week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick, the media and "cheating":
    [QUOTE]As I read through this thread I couldn't believe how civil it was. U-dogg and Bmore and all of the Pats fans actually getting along???? Then there's PK. A jealous D-bottle from a dead sports town who has tons of loyalty and support but nowhere to put it but a second rate franchise who got lucky one year. What they did was against the rules, they were warned and it continued and they got caught thanks to Mangini making them aware of it. (FTR, Mangini only did it because he was publicly trashed by BB and the Pats organization for the way he left NE and wanted to get back at the old boss)  This was a common practice done by all and if you truly think the Pats were the only ones doing it I'm making a mistake even trying to communicate with you. Let me ask you this? Why do coaches calling in plays still cover their mouths today? Because my guess is it's still being done and none of this would have ever come up if not for a maggot with no head coaching talent.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

It's another thing to film a coach covering his mouth while relaying plays and another thing to send the camera crew to one's practicing facility. Why didn't Bellicheck ask them for they playbook while he was at it? What he did was low and as much as you NE fans want it to go away, it never will.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Belichick, the media and "cheating" : There has been clear evidence that he cheated. The NFL even fined him for it. However, the NFL did distroy the tapes which is very low on their part. Eric Mangini who worked for him will tell you that Bellcheck cheated. That's common knowledge now dude. Trying to defend him is pointless. As fans we tend to forget everything when a coach or a team wins. The facts are the facts. That will always put an (*) by the 3 Bellicheck superbowls. Kurt Warner and the Rams felt betrayed by the league when the tapes were destroyed. What the Pats team lead by Tom Brady did in 2007 to support their coach when he got clearly caught red-handed, was very low. It told people a lot about the integrity of the franchise. Bellicheck did not need to cheat. He was  already a good coach, but his legacy is not tainted. As to your point about his players not speaking about him. There is a unspoken code in pro-football that you don't talk against your team or coach. That is of course until they retire.  Steve Curson of the Steel Curtain Pittsburgh steelers didn't talk about steroid abuse in the Steelers organization until 20+ years later, but everyone knew those guys were juiced.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid[/QUOTE]

Who is this Bellcheck?  Are he and Bellicheck the same person?  What do they have to with the New England Patriots?  Nobody named either Bellcheck or Bellecheck has ever been associated with the team. 

If you are talking about Bill Belichick, thank you for pointing out that "his legacy is not tainted."  It is generous of you to admit that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick, the media and "cheating" : It's another thing to film a coach covering his mouth while relaying plays and another thing to send the camera crew to one's practicing facility. Why didn't Bellicheck ask them for they playbook while he was at it? What he did was low and as much as you NE fans want it to go away, it never will.

You are just making stuff up.  Where is your evidence that anything like this ever happened?  I think I'll just accuse the Ravens coaches of stealing the Patriots' playbook last week.  That's the only way they would ever win tomorrow. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have a friend who is a long-time Oakland fan.  All that he remembers about the Patriots is that the "tuck rule" cost Oakland its chance at glory in 2001 (the team hasn't had a pulse since then).  He's always carping about the refs for that one game.  He never carps in public about how bad his team is year after year.  Oakland not winning, ever, is why he can't forget 2001.

Many non-Oakland fans carp about "cheating".  BB and the Patriots paid a price for getting caught.  That's the way the NFL punishes actions and restores competitive balance.  Until their home teams win, they'll carp forever and ever. 

I remember that lots of other teams didn't pay any price for the exact same action that year, videotaping the other team from the sidelines.  Various private videotaping incidents were reportedly captured on network cameras that year.  For that matter, a number of other teams have been sanctioned for some infraction or other throughout NFL history.  For example, the Jets are under the gun right now for something they may have done with Michael Crabtree.

However, for millions of fans who root for dozens of losing teams, all they can remember is that BB paid a stiff price for trying to take illegal advantage a few years ago.  Ah, the vicarious glory days!  That's their problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Laz: Good point about the 'hero' needing to have warts and trials in order to become more approachable in our eyes. But to truly appreciate the "hero," one has to look at the entire heroic monomyth as laid out by Joseph Campbell which can be sum- med up as follows: 1/ Hero starts in an ordinary world and recieves a call/vocation/challenge to enter an unusual world of strange powers, characters, and events (call to adventure). 2/ If the Hero accepts the challenge/follows said vocation/answers the call to adventure, he/she must face tasks, trials, and tribulations - often alone - that will severely test that person to his/her physical/psychological/emotional core. 3/ If the Hero survives, he/she may achieve a great gift/goal/boon which often results in great self knowledge which may be used to improve the world. In other words, a Hero's warts and defects should make such a figure easier to understand and appreciate - but let us not forget the rest of the process or monomyth that made that person a Hero in the first place. u.d. Since Bob Knight is still one of my heroes - yes, I'm not perfect - and having followed his career since he was a player at Ohio State with the great John H, Jerry Lucas, and Larry Siegfried: I can tell you that he is one of those guys that is not easy to like (even at his nicest, some people are just like that), but when you become his friend, you've got one for life. Except for the chair throwing incident, most of the other incidents cited against him can be described as "he said-they said affairs." I'll give you a prime example told to me by local residents that I've known for many years who were not necessarily pro-USA, simply fair people who called it as they saw it. When Knight and the US basketball team entered the Robinson School gym to use their allotted practice time, they found the Brazilian women's team lounging around the court and flirting with one of the cops assigned to secure the area. Knight asked the Brazilians to leave the court, reminding them that their allotted time to use it was up - the Brazilians objected, and the local cop (supposedly sweet on one of the players, according to my source), came up to Knight more in the style of someone wanting to start a street fight and started to repeatedly shove and insult Knight - at which point, Knight decked him. BTW, this was generally acknowledged in the local media; but being in Latin America (even though PR is a US colony), the slant was that Bob Knight is an imperialist, capitalist, anglo pig who overstepped his authority. Now, it doesn't help that Bob Knight is very old school in a lot of things, particularly politics, which would not make him palatable to a large segment of the US media. Now as to another one of my heroes, John Wooden: he had to face a lot of excrement from fans and the media claiming that he couldn't win the "big one." Yes, it took him 15 years to "get it right," but when he did: look out world! So, even the Wizard of Westwood had to go through his own sea of naysayers.
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE]
    B-
    I highly respect your fair perspective of things.  You are much better than I.  And there is no shame in loving either Belichick or Knight in my book.  What I think is one man's opinion, and I have been the big fan of the "flawed hero" so I understand those who don't see it my way. 

There are plenty of positive Knight examples out there, and I imagine Belichick has his too.  And I have seen enough of Knight's quiet philanthropy to allow it to confuse my opinion. 

But these positive things do not forgive the transgressions.  I think Knight gives of himself (as I think others do) in hopes that it absolves their shortcomings.  The problem is he never chose to work on his indescretions, but (IMO) saw his private giving as an adequate and acceptable trade off.  

I am reminded of the lyrics of a song Jonathan Edwards wrote "Sunshine", "you can't even run your own life, I'll be damned if you run mine."

If you try to repair others but do not attempt to repair yourself, then all of the positive or overshadowed by the negatives and I think this describes Knight and Belichick. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick, the media and "cheating" : It's another thing to film a coach covering his mouth while relaying plays and another thing to send the camera crew to one's practicing facility. Why didn't Bellicheck ask them for they playbook while he was at it? What he did was low and as much as you NE fans want it to go away, it never will.

Leon and ALL:

First, Great point Paul K...We ALL tend to blame others, or some grand conspiracy with those in the most power, For our own ineptitude (jets, oakland, and Indy fans more than most)... It's the age-old "EVERYone and ANYone is the reason I (We) fail(ed)...ANYone or ANYthing but our own doings and actions," excusotory account of our failures ("It CAN'T be Meee")...

Next, Leon, Let's first do away with the fictional accounts of what Belichick did, 'kay?  So, What You were saying is that "On-the-field actions" which can give another team an advantage over another, is "what matters here," Correct?  So, then, What do you make of The Dolphins stealing Brady's audible signals (I believe Miami won that game, should it be deemed Null and void)?  More importantly, How about this one:  YOUR former coach, Eric Mangini, after he was hired by the Jets, STOLE 2 labtops (I believe it was 2) with Pat's Plays and other sensitive Patriot info AND was trying to recruit from Pat's Headquarters new Coaching staff to take with him to NY (Don't believe me?  Then Just Google some of this).  Now, what do we do with this one?  Should EVERY Pat's game that they played under Mangini's time, be an automatic Patriot-Win?  Ya know, It's weird that Noone complains about these actions vs. the team I root for...Wonder Why?  

See, The funny thing is you'll subsequently come up with some new elliptical contingency for your basic preconditions of what "Cheating" or "Unfair advantage" is.  Yea, I think Paul had this spot-on with his former posting (above)... Until You as a Fan of a Losing-Franchise have your day "in the promised land" You'll simply continue to blame Your own Team's shortcomings on something larger, ANYthing but apart from their own workings and doings...anything but a mea culpa of their own.  Well, Ya won a game vs The Pats...Is that enough?  No?  Well personally then, Here's hoping that your time in the land of milk and honey is soon (and very short-lived)...   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Belichick, the media and "cheating" :   Amen! Good post agcsbill. I  always thought the whole incident was much to do about nothing. As in Pro Basketball. most of the teams run basically the same plays. It comes down to who executes better. Ted Bruschi was a consumate-pro, and so was Junior Seau. Two guys who played the game right, no way these guys needed to, or would ever put up with cheating to win a game. Very good post!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

I never thought it would be a Steelers fan who supported the end of all of this ballyhoo over nothing, but then again you're not just any Steelers fan.  I've read your posts and you're one of my favorites to read along with PrairieMike and the Celtics posters BobHeckler and SlipperySam.

When you look at the rules and what happened, I think you're forced to realize that Belichick wasn't SPYING - the guy who was doing the videotaping was wearing a BRIGHT ORANGE VEST using a rather large camera.  If he wanted to spy and STEAL teams' signals, then he would have used a tiny camera and an unmarked cameraman.  He was cheating, but then again so are the teams that did it the old fashion way (using scouts to write down other teams' signals).  The only real question was whether he broke the rules, the answer was 'yes,' and he was penalized.  What it did for me is really open my eyes to what teams do to get an edge (remember the Dolphins using television recordings of Brady's audibles?  Or a Sports Illustrated article by Rick Reilly on how Mike Shanahan employed lip-readers?  Or how defensive backs started using vaseline to grease up receivers' hands when they went to push off so they couldn't catch?).

These moral people still complaining about SpyGate must live such perfect lives to act like nobody except the Patriots does anything that is "cheating."  When you realize that everyone is stealing other teams' signals (via scouts in the stands), you realize that the only reason why people still make remarks about SpyGate is because they don't like the Patriots.  Cheating has nothing to do with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I have a friend who is a long-time Oakland fan.  All that he remembers about the Patriots is that the "tuck rule" cost Oakland its chance at glory in 2001 (the team hasn't had a pulse since then).  He's always carping about the refs for that one game.  He never carps in public about how bad his team is year after year.  Oakland not winning, ever, is why he can't forget 2001. Many non-Oakland fans carp about "cheating".  BB and the Patriots paid a price for getting caught.  That's the way the NFL punishes actions and restores competitive balance.  Until their home teams win, they'll carp forever and ever.  I remember that lots of other teams didn't pay any price for the exact same action that year, videotaping the other team from the sidelines.  Various private videotaping incidents were reportedly captured on network cameras that year.  For that matter, a number of other teams have been sanctioned for some infraction or other throughout NFL history.  For example, the Jets are under the gun right now for something they may have done with Michael Crabtree. However, for millions of fans who root for dozens of losing teams, all they can remember is that BB paid a stiff price for trying to take illegal advantage a few years ago.  Ah, the vicarious glory days!  That's their problem.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

If you watch the replay of the 1976 AFC Championship game between the Raiders and the Patriots, you'll see a late roughing the passer call that was completely dubious.

They have no right to complain about the refs in January 2002 any more than we do about 1976.  

The Patriots won 13-10, and at no point was the game so far out of reach that the Raiders couldn't have scored to put the game away.  They just froze and choked on the snow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmorecityboy. Show bmorecityboy's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares if BB was caught cheating, it was the media making a much larger story out of something small in the grand scheme of things. Spygate received double the media coverage as Ray Lewis the murderer or Vick the dog killer. Plus if you want to tell me BB was the only one stealing signals in the NFL, then you're too ignorant to be on these boards.
    Posted by GrantW[/QUOTE]
    Hey GrantW.....Let's just say you and the rest of your nerd friends were hanging out. You guys go to the party and surprisingly you or one of your nerd friend pull a few of  the girls. You, nerds friends and the girls decide to leave the party.  Unknowning to you and the nerds some guys follow you to the car, because you have taken some of their girls from them. A fight breaks out , but you are already in the car. You urge everybody to get into the car. When your nerd friends get back to the car they say that they have taken care of the situation. As you, nerd friends, and the girls are in the car you are informed to the actual facts of the incident. Hey GrantW you nerd tell me what crime should you be charged with?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick, the media and "cheating" : LoL ... it is cheating and not "cheating", it does not matter how you try to polish a turd like Bellicheat he will always be a turd. If the NFL does not destroy those tapes, we'd have clear evidence that the 3 Superbowls were a fraud. Is it a coincidence they were all won by a 3 point margin? The support for Bellicheat only makes your argument weak. Accepting cheating makes you no better than him. I'd rather lose every time but maintain my integrity rather than cheat to compensate for a miserable personality.

Yeah I guess Vinatieri needed those tapes to help him kick the ball through the uprights.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares if BB was caught cheating, it was the media making a much larger story out of something small in the grand scheme of things. Spygate received double the media coverage as Ray Lewis the murderer or Vick the dog killer. Plus if you want to tell me BB was the only one stealing signals in the NFL, then you're too ignorant to be on these boards.
    Posted by GrantW[/QUOTE]

Funny, not much mention of the Dolphins stealing audio signals (from the Pats no less) or the Colts pumping artificial crowd noise through their loudspeakers - something multiple teams have complained about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

This happened when? You fail. Miserably.

BTW, here is what Junior Seau said today about possibly returning to the NFL:

Seau has said that he would only return to the NFL with the Patriots because of his relationship with coach Bill Belichick and the Kraft family. In an interview with ESPNBoston.com on Thursday, the 40-year-old Seau referred to the Patriots as "we" and "us."

I just wonder if Bill Belichick is as evil as you to think, why would Seau play only for him? You should also know that Seau is not the only player to feel this way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I have a friend who is a long-time Oakland fan.  All that he remembers about the Patriots is that the "tuck rule" cost Oakland its chance at glory in 2001 (the team hasn't had a pulse since then).  
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

With the exception of a trip to the SB the next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick, the media and "cheating" : Hey GrantW.....Let's just say you and the rest of your nerd friends were hanging out. You guys go to the party and surprisingly you or one of your nerd friend pull a few of  the girls. You, nerds friends and the girls decide to leave the party.  Unknowning to you and the nerds some guys follow you to the car, because you have taken some of their girls from them. A fight breaks out , but you are already in the car. You urge everybody to get into the car. When your nerd friends get back to the car they say that they have taken care of the situation. As you, nerd friends, and the girls are in the car you are informed to the actual facts of the incident. Hey GrantW you nerd tell me what crime should you be charged with?
    Posted by bmorecityboy[/QUOTE]

Terrible analogy.

Count one: All's fair in love and war, or you should go give your wife or girlfriend back to the host of other guys who liked/like her instead of staying with her.

Count two: There was no fight in which the Patriots did anything wrong - that blame lies ENTIRELY ON THE NFL, so don't blame the Patriots for the fact that the evidence was destroyed.  What I believe took place was a cover-up by the league of something that could have turned into a massive, league-wide cheating scandal that could have made the whole league look bad.  I base this deduction on this article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3394809.

The Dolphins listened to Brady's audibles back in 2006.  Shanahan hired lip readers.  The 1970's Steelers did steroids.  So did the 1970's Raiders.

I think it's time to realize that you cling to SpyGate because you don't like the Patriots, not because everybody else in the league is so much cleaner and free from cheating than they are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Belichick, the media and "cheating" : agcsbill and ALL : Someone once said of John Kennedy: " Historic people have historic flaws ."  We at first think that it's an unfortunate sign of the times, that those "historic persons" are remembered and forever lambasted for any single mistep more than they are recollected for the grand total of their achievements...  But to a certain degree, it's always been this way.  In Ancient Greece, they used to imbibe their Heros in their narratives with trully awful accounts of suffering, these Heros committed atrocious acts (BB's act being "atrocious" is a misnomer)... My point is, when We see a famous person, a "Hero" if you will (someone much larger than the mass of men)-with a chink in their armour, It makes them much more tangible, more real...Suddenly the person and ALL their acts are within the Everyday person's grasp... That "Hero" and especially their acts which led to their fame, become less of an unattainable cardboard archetype and/or things we masses will never dream of having, things that we will never reach...  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Dearest Nick and others:

1.  The act of stealing signals is not against the rules.  But certain methods of doing this are.  

2.  as for the crowd noise pumping.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you have never been in that dome, you cannot know how loud it was.  I remember walkng out of the 05 playoff game against the steelers wondering if the hospital might be the next best stop for me because my head hurt so badly from the noise.  Besides, when your own business partner (cbs) doesn't come to your defense in this matter and explains the issue publicly, I think you've lost your ability to claim this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Dearest Nick and others: 1.  The act of stealing signals is not against the rules.  But certain methods of doing this are.   2.  as for the crowd noise pumping.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you have never been in that dome, you cannot know how loud it was.  I remember walkng out of the 05 playoff game against the steelers wondering if the hospital might be the next best stop for me because my head hurt so badly from the noise.  Besides, when your own business partner (cbs) doesn't come to your defense in this matter and explains the issue publicly, I think you've lost your ability to claim this.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE] Not only is cheating not against the rules even taping by other teams like the Jets is not against the rules according to the former Jets employee in the Commissioner's office. Of course any rational person would realize that the act of cheating is far worse than the method of cheating. Its like saying that killing someone with a knife is OK but killing someone with a gun is illegal.
    The fact that the noise in your former stadium was consistently loud does nothing to disprove that the noise was artificially generated. What makes you think that the commissioners office didn't tell CBS what to say about the noise. Goodell after stirring up the media against the Pats couldn't afford to have the team they were building up as the sucessor equally branded as a cheater especially when they sucessfully covered up their quarterback's history of sexual harassment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Flasox, because I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Flasox, because I don't believe in conspiracy theories.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]
    Even when they are supported by the facts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick, the media and "cheating" : Even when they are supported by the facts.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE]

What facts? It was supposition as far as I am aware.

Also, aside from the incident at Tennessee, has Manning done something else.

I don't want to defend the Colts or apologize for Manning, but be fair. No sense making stuff up to support an argument. That is ud's domain.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Interesting string of responses...   still does not go to the heart of my original post...  of all individuals associated with the Patriots, the players would have a sense something was not right and none have come forward.  Not a player has come out to say that BB gave them some "inside" tip and they wondered how he knew that.  We have only fans who have taken the filming from an illegal location violation to the height that this "film" ACTUALLY led to the Patriots winning like they did in this decade and are therfore calling for * by the title years.  No one can say what the film did or how it contributed, if at all.  Bottom line, no one IN THE NFL community thinks much of this other than media and fan hysteria. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick, the media and "cheating" : What facts? It was supposition as far as I am aware. Also, aside from the incident at Tennessee, has Manning done something else. I don't want to defend the Colts or apologize for Manning, but be fair. No sense making stuff up to support an argument. That is ud's domain.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]I guess it was supposition when the Jets taped the Pats game and the commissioner's office said that the Pats gave them permission. I guess the Easter Bunny was the one that gave them permission since BB denied it. I bet you think it was Santa Claus that leaked the tapes to Fox TV too. In the case of Manning's behavior, I guess that you wouldn't have any problems with him doing the same thing to your wife, mother or sister. I know the commisioner appreciates supporters like you who buy his BS hook, line and sinker.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmorecityboy. Show bmorecityboy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick, the media and "cheating" : Terrible analogy. Count one: All's fair in love and war, or you should go give your wife or girlfriend back to the host of other guys who liked/like her instead of staying with her. Count two: There was no fight in which the Patriots did anything wrong - that blame lies ENTIRELY ON THE NFL, so don't blame the Patriots for the fact that the evidence was destroyed.  What I believe took place was a cover-up by the league of something that could have turned into a massive, league-wide cheating scandal that could have made the whole league look bad.  I base this deduction on this article:  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3394809 . The Dolphins listened to Brady's audibles back in 2006.  Shanahan hired lip readers.  The 1970's Steelers did steroids.  So did the 1970's Raiders. I think it's time to realize that you cling to SpyGate because you don't like the Patriots, not because everybody else in the league is so much cleaner and free from cheating than they are.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

That was in response to grantw saying ray lewis is a murder.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

he was essentially convicted by the commish who essentially works for kraftie...of course he cheated...does that mean that others didnt or try or whatever? of course not...gamesmanship is exactly that...but he got caught red handed

IMO, belichick is a great defensive mind but not a great coach

but that also means that i think the world of brady and his abilities as a dolphins fan