Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational

To me , this headline is the best so far this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational

That headline surely looks great, but, would be more appropriate a few games into the regular season if the Pats win some lopsided games.  One half of the first pre-season game definitely looked good.  The proof in the pudding will be when the games count and I think we are looking good there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

You can't stop them,you can only hope to contain them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Where's the link? I'd enjoy seeing what he had to say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The headline is the link.

I don't think the story is very good. The headline is what makes it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Thanx for the info. Read it and I agree, not very good. LOVE the headline though!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I know it's only pre-season, but Tom Brady missed a whole year and from all reports, he looks like he's more than ready to make-up for missing last season. I can certaintly understand the optimism in New England. I thought Coach Belichick did one of the best coaching jobs ever when he nearly led the Patriots into the Playoffs last season. Without Brady and a host of other injuries, if the Patriots would have gotten into the playoffs last season, they would have been tough to beat. Last season there seemed like there was a new so-called 'number one team' every week. And in the playoffs, The Steelers just happen to be the last team standing! Even though the Patriots will still be the team to beat, since Tom Brady has returned, I'm glad he's back and I'm glad football season is here once again!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational:
    [QUOTE]I know it's only pre-season, but Tom Brady missed a whole year and from all reports, he looks like he's more than ready to make-up for missing last season. I can certaintly understand the optimism in New England. I thought Coach Belichick did one of the best coaching jobs ever when he nearly led the Patriots into the Playoffs last season. Without Brady and a host of other injuries, if the Patriots would have gotten into the playoffs last season, they would have been tough to beat. Last season there seemed like there was a new so-called 'number one team' every week. And in the playoffs, The Steelers just happen to be the last team standing! Even though the Patriots will still be the team to beat, since Tom Brady has returned, I'm glad he's back and I'm glad football season is here once again!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational:
    [QUOTE]I know it's only pre-season, but Tom Brady missed a whole year and from all reports, he looks like he's more than ready to make-up for missing last season. I can certaintly understand the optimism in New England. I thought Coach Belichick did one of the best coaching jobs ever when he nearly led the Patriots into the Playoffs last season. Without Brady and a host of other injuries, if the Patriots would have gotten into the playoffs last season, they would have been tough to beat. Last season there seemed like there was a new so-called 'number one team' every week. And in the playoffs, The Steelers just happen to be the last team standing! Even though the Patriots will still be the team to beat, since Tom Brady has returned, I'm glad he's back and I'm glad football season is here once again!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.  Happy ot have football back again.  As much of a Patriots fan I am I think that the Steelers are the team to beat.  They are the defending champs.  With Brady back and what should be an improved defense, the Pat's have a legit shot.  I'm very optimistic but hate to jump to conclusions.  It's still only a pre season game.  Hopefully we won't get the injury bug this year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I guess I'm really dumb, I don't know what a "death star" is. but I don't think Brady, Moss or Belichick were trying to make a statement. Brady just wanted to play, really it was just a practice for him ( even tho he got really pi**ed when he was intercepted).

It was a joke listening to the Philadeliphia announcers speculate that Belichick was getting back at Reid for the loss last year. 
    and does Herm Edwards EVER have anything substantial to say??!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I'm really dumb, I don't know what a "death star" is. but I don't think Brady, Moss or Belichick were trying to make a statement. Brady just wanted to play, really it was just a practice for him ( even tho he got really pi**ed when he was intercepted).  It was a joke listening to the Philadeliphia announcers speculate that Belichick was getting back at Reid for the loss last year.  and does Herm Edwards EVER have anything substantial to say??!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]
    It's a Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi reference. What's with the utes of today?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Hold your horses.  The Patriots offense will only be fully operational when Wes Welker gets back on the field. 

It might be nice to have Ben Watson on the field too, but he doesn't really count for too much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Ben Watson should be on the field? On "The Field of Dreams" maybe....he plays football like he's playing baseball....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The Death Star was the ultra-weapon built by the Empire in "Star Wars: A New Hope" (The first one from 1979) with a second not-completely-finished one appearing in "Return of the Jedi" (The third movie). In "Return", when Vader is fighting Luke Skywalker, he informs him that even though the new Death Star is not complete it is "fully armed and operational".  

Note: Please read the above with a kinda high-pitched and breaking voice and increase the tempo as if there is no space between the words. You can also throw in a mild "sch" lisp (Death Star = DeathSchtar) to complete the total geekdom of my statement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Is the "Death Star" supposed to be a reference to Nazi Germany's "Wonder Weapon"? I'm pretty sure I've heard that "Star Wars" has a lot of WWII references, and that "The Empire" is based on Hitler's Third Reich.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEFFDUBE. Show JEFFDUBE's posts

Wow, living in Philly I had to listen to the worst play by play of the Iggles/Pats game in my 45 year history of  following NFL football. That was as Mickey Mouse a team of "broadcasters" that I have ever heard. They didn't apparently even have a Patriots roster!!! What a disgrace to Philadelphia and the worst broadcast in history. They had a total lack of football experience.
    Is Philadelphia really that bad?? Please have the commissioner listen to this!!Frown

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Thanks for the answer to the "Death Star" question.

Wow, living in Philly I had to listen to the worst play by play of the Iggles/Pats game in my 45 year history of  following NFL football. That was as Mickey Mouse a team of "broadcasters" that I have ever heard. They didn't apparently even have a Patriots roster!!! What a disgrace to Philadelphia and the worst broadcast in history. They had a total lack of football experience.
    Is Philadelphia really that bad?? Please have the commissioner listen to this!!Frown

Jeff, they did say in the beginning of the broadcast "don't expect to get any information about the other team" and basicly if you didn't like it ---too bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]The Death Star was the ultra-weapon built by the Empire in "Star Wars: A New Hope" (The first one from 1979) with a second not-completely-finished one appearing in "Return of the Jedi" (The third movie). In "Return", when Vader is fighting Luke Skywalker, he informs him that even though the new Death Star is not complete it is "fully armed and operational".   Note: Please read the above with a kinda high-pitched and breaking voice and increase the tempo as if there is no space between the words. You can also throw in a mild "sch" lisp (Death Star = DeathSchtar) to complete the total geekdom of my statement.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxMd93aCvd0&feature=related

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I like that "Death Star" moniker. What a way to refer to them. The O looks awesome. With BB using the 4-3 this year that will be intersting. Thast Edelman looks like a diamond in the rough. And Chung is a bruiser.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This is actually a misquote, that is common and blends two Palpatine quotes. The first is the obvious one that was linked to: "fully armed and operational battlestation" etc.

The second is when the Emperor, referring to the sheild projected from Endor that Han and co were supposed to disarm, says:

"Oh, I'm afraid the deflector sheild will be quite operational when your friends arrive."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

That headline should have read:

"Belichick to NFL: I am your father."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Goog one, Pscyho.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cool-hand-luke. Show cool-hand-luke's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, living in Philly I had to listen to the worst play by play of the Iggles/Pats game in my 45 year history of  following NFL football. That was as Mickey Mouse a team of "broadcasters" that I have ever heard. They didn't apparently even have a Patriots roster!!! What a disgrace to Philadelphia and the worst broadcast in history. They had a total lack of football experience. Is Philadelphia really that bad?? Please have the commissioner listen to this!!
    Posted by JEFFDUBE[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm in philly too and it was ridiculous.  It was completely local coverage, including the camera work, so it was hard to tell what was going on from a pats standpoint.  The only one who's got any sense is Hugh Douglas, the other two (yes, I include Herm Edwards) were absolutely complete and total morons.   I almost stopped watching.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cool-hand-luke. Show cool-hand-luke's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I'm really dumb, I don't know what a "death star" is. but I don't think Brady, Moss or Belichick were trying to make a statement. Brady just wanted to play, really it was just a practice for him ( even tho he got really pi**ed when he was intercepted).  It was a joke listening to the Philadeliphia announcers speculate that Belichick was getting back at Reid for the loss last year.  and does Herm Edwards EVER have anything substantial to say??!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

NEGAME, what's with the photo?  We'd much rather look at you than Belichick's mug...