Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational

welcome back NEgamer, seems like ages since I have seen u here or did I somehow miss u of late?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Belichick to Brady: " Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational : Dude, I'm in philly too and it was ridiculous.  It was completely local coverage, including the camera work, so it was hard to tell what was going on from a pats standpoint.  The only one who's got any sense is Hugh Douglas, the other two (yes, I include Herm Edwards) were absolutely complete and total morons.   I almost stopped watching.
    Posted by cool-hand-luke[/QUOTE]

You know what's even worse?  the fact that the radio broadcast isn't on as big of a delay as television.  I tried muting Fox Baseball and listening to the WRKO-680 / WEEI-850 broadcast of the game when Joe Buck decided to make fun of the superstition that talking about a perfect game or no-hitter jinxes it (COMPLETE disrespect for CENTURIES of baseball CULTURE, and something any true baseball nut would respect whether he agreed with it or not).

Needless to say, it didn't work, but you might try it anyway with wherever the Pats' broadcasts are going to be now that WBCN is gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

ok kiddies show and tell is over.its nap time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Cool hand and Morde, I've been here mostly reading the posts, glad to see "old" friends coming back. The photo will change from time to time!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational:
    [QUOTE]To me , this headline is the best so far this season. Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

"Yes...my master. But plans on the structure of the death star reveal a potential flaw...the defense."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Reporter: What of the Defense? If the NFL has obtained a complete technical reading of this lineup, it is possible, however unlikely, they might find a weakness and exploit it.
    BB: The rest of the league can plot and scheme all they want...it is of no consequence 
    Reporter:Don't be too proud of this offensive terror lineup you've constructed. The ability to destroy an opposing defense is insignificant next to the power of the NFL.
    [BB makes a pinching motion and the Reporter starts choking]
    BB: I find your lack of faith.....disturbing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational :      "Yes...my master. But plans on the structure of the death star reveal a potential flaw...the defense."
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE] yes this is true,the death star has been destroyed twice.not a good omen to use this title.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

BB: "Where are those transmissions you intercepted? What have you done with those plans?"

Oops, wrong Darth Vader quote. Hold on....

BB: "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

Wait, that was Lord Dark Helmet. Oh, well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

As someone once said about the Exxon Valdez..."It's oily"
    I seem to recall last year, we lost a pre-season game badly to Tampa Bay and people on this forum were ready to jump out windows or have Cassel flogged.
    It's always nice to have the score in your favor but my only concern is that Brady is still intact. I wouldn't care if he threw 20 interceptions. We generally looked good but here's a news flash...It doesn't mean anything until September. Go Pats!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Reporter : What of the Defense? If the NFL has obtained a complete technical reading of this lineup, it is possible, however unlikely, they might find a weakness and exploit it. BB : The rest of the league can plot and scheme all they want...it is of no consequence  Reporter :Don't be too proud of this offensive terror lineup you've constructed. The ability to destroy an opposing defense is insignificant next to the power of the NFL. [BB makes a pinching motion and the Reporter starts choking ] BB : I find your lack of faith.....disturbing.
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE]

Classic...LOL!!!! I can actually picture BB in the Vader outfit, using mental telepathy to choke out Ron Borges...LOL!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational :      Classic...LOL!!!! I can actually picture BB in the Vader outfit, using mental telephathy to choke out Ron Borges...LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Someone could sell alot of tickets to a show like that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from warner13. Show warner13's posts

I saw the rebroadcast on NFL Network and you were right. The guy doing play by was awful. Hugh Douglas was ok. Herm Edwards was clueless as usual. But you were right. I watched that game with the sound turned off.

[QUOTE]Wow, living in Philly I had to listen to the worst play by play of the Iggles/Pats game in my 45 year history of  following NFL football. That was as Mickey Mouse a team of "broadcasters" that I have ever heard. They didn't apparently even have a Patriots roster!!! What a disgrace to Philadelphia and the worst broadcast in history. They had a total lack of football experience. Is Philadelphia really that bad?? Please have the commissioner listen to this!!
    Posted by JEFFDUBE[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]ok kiddies show and tell is over.its nap time.
    Posted by sorelosers[/QUOTE]

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstep34. Show mstep34's posts

Didn't Eli Skywalker destroy the Death Star 2 years ago but in case you forgot Big Ben will do it again this year when Tomlin guides them to use the force.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

.....during this decade....in the playoffs, when it really counts....the Steelers haven't beaten the Patriots....in this case:  the more things change, the more they stay the same.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational : Dude, I'm in philly too and it was ridiculous.  It was completely local coverage, including the camera work, so it was hard to tell what was going on from a pats standpoint.  The only one who's got any sense is Hugh Douglas, the other two (yes, I include Herm Edwards) were absolutely complete and total morons.   I almost stopped watching.
    Posted by cool-hand-luke[/QUOTE]

I caught that game also, after the first few minutes or so I had to put the remote on mute. In a more structured show, Herm isn't that bad. I wish I could say the same for Hugh Douglas and the other commentator sharing the booth. It was most definitely amateur hour.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

That is cause Belichick is a sith lord

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]That is cause Belichick is a sith lord
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

They come in pairs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I'm really dumb, I don't know what a "death star" is. but I don't think Brady, Moss or Belichick were trying to make a statement. Brady just wanted to play, really it was just a practice for him ( even tho he got really pi**ed when he was intercepted).  It was a joke listening to the Philadeliphia announcers speculate that Belichick was getting back at Reid for the loss last year.  and does Herm Edwards EVER have anything substantial to say??!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Death Star is from Star wars. I could not agree more about annoucers, I comlained about them on another post, it was painfull to listen too!

Go Pats!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE].....during this decade....in the playoffs, when it really counts....the Steelers haven't beaten the Patriots....in this case:  the more things change, the more they stay the same.....
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE]

As a Steeler fan, I can't argue with you there. And with Tom Brady back, as an objective fan I think it's going to awfully tough for anyone to beat the Patriots. I've been watching football since the late 60's and he's the best I've seen at picking another team apart. Even though the Patriots didn't win the Superbowl 2 years ago, I still think it was amazing how much The Patriots dominated the league that year.
    Losing the Superbowl had to be a tough pill to swallow, but I think Brady will be hungrier than ever to win after that disappointing loss, and also missing all of last season. But as a fan, even a Pittsburgh fan, it's great to see he's recovered well and he's back on the field again. Win or lose, I like to see the best players on the field!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Belichick to NFL: I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational : As a Steeler fan, I can't argue with you there. And with Tom Brady back, as an objective fan I think it's going to awfully tough for anyone to beat the Patriots. I've been watching football since the late 60's and he's the best I've seen at picking another team apart. Even though the Patriots didn't win the Superbowl 2 years ago, I still think it was amazing how much The Patriots dominated the league that year. Losing the Superbowl had to be a tough pill to swallow, but I think Brady will be hungrier than ever to win after that disappointing loss, and also missing all of last season. But as a fan, even a Pittsburgh fan, it's great to see he's recovered well and he's back on the field again. Win or lose, I like to see the best players on the field!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]
    That is the true joy in watching sports, in general....seeing the very best compete against each other...it doesn't get any better than that....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Steelcurtain is always a class act.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]m
    Posted by myPPisaROOT[/QUOTE]

Wow, you actually took the time to create a new identity just to name it after me.

I'd be honored, but, come on, it is you. You have nothing but time and a lame disposition. 

Sections
Shortcuts