Belichick weei interview today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Belichick weei interview today

His interviews are pointless.    Pats fans tune in to get his feelings on the state of the team.  But he has no intention on sharing those thoughts or feelings publicly.  Ever.

Only the most ardent BB fans will listen and think he's actually saying something that we don't already know.   They'll hang on a word or a phrase and think they are hearing something (that hasn't actually been said). 

Everything is just going through the motions, but in a small way, every party gets what it wants so the process continues.  WEEI gets to promote their "exclusive interview".   Kraft gets to promote the brand.  BB gets to stick it to everyone.

The only questions he ever truly answers with any candor are "History of the Game" questions, like the one on LT today.  Ask him about his father's days at Navy and he'll fill the entire interview with stories.  Good stuff.

The closest analogy I see is when the Fed Reserve Chairman comments on the state of the financial markets.  After the presser you've got a bunch of analysts trying to read the tea leaves.   But the analysts are interpreting what has been said because no useful information is provided.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BB's discussion of Lawrence Taylor was particularly interesting.  The rest of the show was nothing to write home about either way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't particularly care for the Salk&Holley show.   It started off with some questions that have been debated here and he explains it as well as BB does.  Then comes the stupid question and they don't let up.  it's the NFL where anybody can get beat in any game.  This is where BB starts getting a little short and I don't blame him.  Then he pretty much calms down as they talk about drafting.  That goes pretty well.  Then comes the contract question.  BB is very curt and short here but not angry.  It's been known that BB doesn't talk about his contract in anyway, shape or form.  Who here actually thinks he's not going to be here anyway?  Things get back to normal when they start talking about LT.  The show closes with the question of the week wondering how he likes working with his sons and that was pleasant.  It was the typical tired BB interview.  

He didn't want to be there and maybe there's something to read in his manner in that he's really worried about this next opponent.  Atlanta is pretty dinged up right now but it's a nice list of opponents we play in the up coming weeks.  Atlanta, Cin, NO, NYJ, and Miami.  Pretty stout five.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

How is this a "fake account"? You're responding to it right now, so it can't be fake, moron.

Your level of dense is astonishing. You been boozing it up again tonight dumbkoff? LMAO@U

I'm saying the op is a fake account of yours.... duh.

I don't have ANY fake accounts, stupid. Ever.

^ Pathological liar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

And off he's goes. The one horse conversationalist. I say them's are fightin' words BP. My money is on you. Baby Boomer vs. Millenial. 'And down goes Crusty the Clown'. He says 'no mas, no mas'. Had to be the BBBW articles he peruses for in every major tribune in the country. Corner throws the towel in. It's a first round KO, Crusty can't take the mandatory eigth count. Bludgeoned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No, it wasn't. BB offered up the statement. He was not asked, "as positional coach, who is the best player you ever coached?"

Wrong again, as usual.

No phoney. BB addressed the subject and stated "I coached the outside linebackers", then went on to describe LT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

This is just purely anal...

Q: How close was

Rob Gronkowski to playing yesterday?

BB: I don’t know. He was inactive.

Q: Did he have a shot to play?

BB: He was inactive.

Q: Going into the day, was there a chance he’d play?

BB: He was inactive for the game.    

This is just demanding people to dislike you. All he had to do was say "He just wasn't quite ready. We want to be sure he's 100% before we put him out there." There is just no need for this kind of negative presentation of the product to the media.    

I think he does take it too far...as long as he wins he'll get away with it, but if he ever starts to lose, the media will make it very very miserable for him (see Cleveland). People forget just how bad things got between him, the media, that city, those fans...his way of dealing with the media had a lot to do with that. KC ran Pioli out of town for acting like that, the difference was Pioli wasn't winning like Belichick is.

BB is not catering the media on injury based updates nor should he. ANy coach that does do that is a moron.

Nobody is asking him to divulge injury secrets to the enemy dumbkoff. All he has to do is answer the question in a way that indicates he doesn't loathe the system that has made him a multi-millionaire.

On the Gronk question for example all he had to say was, "no, we didn't consider playing him". Case closed. Then he doesn't look like an ornery anal tool repeating over and over "he was inactive" to every question.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I find it rather hilarious that the drama queens get all bent out of shape that Brady dresses down a clueless rookie yet give BB a total pass for being the most antagonistic representative for the team at every press conference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

My favorite part about BB, other than the fact that he actually coaches during a game instead of just handling game operations is how he treats the media.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Wow... talk about making mountains out of mole hills.... I like that BB answers questions with the obvious answer. He gets asked about an injury trying to get info that noone else gets and every reporter, no matter who it is gets the same answer:

1. He will play when he is healthy enough to help the team

2. He was inactive

3. He was not available

Who cares how he puts it. He didn't say "I am not answering" he answered. You all just don't like the answer.

Besides, he is not a fortune teller, When will Gronk be ready? Best answer is: When he is ready he will play. Follow up: When do you anticipate that happening: When he is ready he will play.

Saying anything else is a guess and I don't think BB likes to guess with the media, because they use that against you.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I love that Belichick doesn't offer up anything.  It shocks me that there are Pats fans who find it anal and that he goes too far.  Wow.  How long you been rooting for this team?  I think Mike Florio, a guy who seems to have an agenda against the Pats, said it best in the article about Belichick's updates on Amendola and Gronk when he said:

While Belichick’s approach may be frustrating to reporters, he’s fully within his rights to say nothing about Gronkowski, Amendola, or any other injured players. The Patriots face the Falcons in six days, and Belichick has no obligation to shed any light on whether either Gronkowski or Amendola will be able to play.

By addressing how close they were to playing on Sunday, Belichick would have been giving the Falcons information to which they aren’t entitled.

The fans and the media may feel they’re entitled to more. They’re not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to fanonymost's comment:

BB's detailed description of his experience with Lawrence Taylor was terrific! 

Yep.

I was shocked when he said he considers LT the best player he's ever coached, even above Brady.

That will get the BBWs all up in arms and even raise their anti-BB agenda more.  lmao

That's because BB doesn't coach TB

Brady is the coach and has full authority, on the field, to change plays and bring out what ever formation he wants.

BB's only function is to keep Brady happy.

Right?

Sections
Shortcuts